RWBYK 2: The Light of Kings

By SonicBlade40

After few months had passed since the events of Vol 1., Team RWBYK is back and ready for their second semeste... More

Chapter 1: Best Day Ever
Chapter 2 - A Plan Comes Together
Chapter 3 - A Minor Hiccup
Chapter 4 - Paint The Town
Chapter 5 - Roses and Requests
Special: A RWBYK Christmas
Chapter 6 - Old Tragedies
Chapter 7 - Vanitas
Chapter 8 - Secret Origins
Chapter 9 - Reveals in the Heart
Chapter 10 - Extracurricular
Chapter 11 - Red and Blue
Chapter 13 - Field Trip
Chapter 14 - Search and Destroy
Chapter 15 - Mountain Glenn
Chapter 16 - No Brakes
Chapter 17 - Dark Breach
Chapter 18: Finale - The Light Awakens

Chapter 12 - Dance Dance Infiltration

1.1K 16 36
By SonicBlade40

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllooooooooooo People! Stormy here! This story is probably my best story so far, but it's got me thinking about what I'll write after this story is finished. I'll probably focus on my other stories or make other ones. Meh, I'll worry about that when I get to that.

Without further ado, on to the story!

XXXXXXXX

Beacon: Ballroom

The night was going really well. Random students schmoozing at the dance, Bartholomew Oobleck was listening intently as Peter Port laughed over some unheard anecdote. Ozpin was standing off to the side with Glynda Goodwitch until General James Ironwood offered his hand for her to dance with him.

After confessing their love to one another, Ky and Ruby made their way back into the ballroom and now stood by the punch bowl, while watching their friends and enjoying each other's company.

"Hey you two!" The duo looked over to see Jaune make his way over to them.

"Hey Jaune." Ruby greeted him, as she and Ky each held a glass of punch.

"So I take you guys are hiding at the punch bowl too?" The blonde asked.

"Well, not hiding, but yeah hanging out here." Ky told him. Jaune nodded at that, when he then noticed Ruby standing extremely close to Ky and that they were holding hands. The blond blinked at this before his eyes widened in realization.

He stepped back with a look of surprise on his face. "No way!"

"What?" The two hunters-in-training tilted their heads in confusion. If Jaune wasn't as surprised he was, he would have found the simultaneous to be very amusing. He then pointed a finger between Ky and Ruby.

"Are you two...?" He wiggled his pinky finger Ruby blushed lightly at how blunt their friend was being.

"That's right!" Ky grinned as he pulled Ruby closer. "Rosebud is my girlfriend now." He then planted a kiss on her cheek, causing to her blush brightly.

Jaune chuckled at the scene. "Congraulations, you two." He said as he held up his glass. "To the new couple." Ky and Ruby followed suit as the trio clinked their glasses together.

"So where's the rest of the team?" Ky asked as he took a sip from his cup.

"Oh, Ren and Nora are around here somewhere." Jaune answered, looking around for a bit before spotting the two. "And I don't know where Pyrrha is at." He then looks at Ruby. "What about you guys?"

"Yang's dancing with Aptus, Blake's with Sun, and Weiss' is off somewhere." Ruby listed, pointing over where her team is at.

"Oh, I see." Jaune muttered lowly.

"I'm sorry things didn't go well with Snow White, buddy." Ky apologized.

"No no no. It's fine." Jaune played it off. "I can see why she'd want to go with Neptune."

As Jaune said this, Ruby looked at him confused. "What do you mean?" She asked.

"Well, come on, not many people can pull off blue hair." The blond told her.

"Pftt, speak for yourself." Ky snorted as he whipped his blue hair back.

"Okay...some people can." Jaune said as he took a sip from his glass.

Ruby giggled at that before looking back at Jaune. "Actually, Jaune, Weiss came to the dance alone.

Jaune chokes in surprise. "Uh, what?"

"Yeah, she's right over there" Ky said prompting the others to look over to Weiss, who's trying desperately to coax life out of a wilting white rose. When she fails, she looks visibly upset.

"She said that she had too much to focus on to worry about boys." Ruby explained

"I don't get it. If she's supposed to go with Neptune, then where is he?" Jaune asked before looking over to see Neptune, who is making Sun, Blake, Aptus, and Yang laugh with silly faces while wearing a black tuxedo. "Ruby... Hold my punch..." He growled as he handed his punch over to Ruby before storming over to the bluenette.

"Try not to break his pretty boy face too much!" Ky called out.

"No promises." Jaune replied. He then continued to make his way over to Neptune, but stopped once he wistfully sees Pyrrha sadly walking up the stairs, wearing a red dress.

Seeing her like that, he follows his heart and goes after her.

XXXXXXX

Balcony

Pyrrha looked at the starry night sky with a hint of sorrow in her eyes. She then heard footsteps, prompting the redhead to turn around to see Jaune approaching her.

"Hey Pyrrha." He greeted.

"Hello Jaune." Pyrrha greeted back with a slightly sad tone in her voice.

"Are you okay?" Jaune asked in concern. "I haven't seen you all tonight."

"I actually arrived here just recently." Pyrrha answered, turning back to the balcony.

"Well uh..." Jaune then cleared his throat. "You look really nice."

"Thanks Jaune." Pyrrha said, holding a hand over her mouth with a small blush. However, she quickly lowers her hand and her blush fades away.

"S-Sorry. I didn't mean to say that." Jaune apologized awkwardly before gulping. "P-Please don't tell your date that I told you that, okay?"

"You're safe for tonight." Pyrrha answered.

"So where is the guy?" Jaune asked looking around. Pyrrha faced the balcony as she looked down in sadness.

"There is no guy."

"What...?"

"Nobody asked me."

"But that's-! You are Pyrrha Nikos! H-how could no one ask you?" Jaune said dumbfounded no one asked a celebrity.

"I...I guess it's because they think I'm out of their league." Pyrrha then looked at the balcony. "I've been blessed with incredible talents and opportunities. I'm constantly surrounded by love and praise, but when you're placed on a pedestal like that for so long, you become separated from the people that put you there in the first place." she then looks at Jaune. "It's become impossible to form any sort of meaningful relationship with people. That's what I like about you. When we met, you didn't even know my name. You treated me just like anyone else. And thanks to you, I've made friendships that will last a lifetime. I guess, you're the kind of guy I wish I was here with. Someone who just saw me for me." she gave Jaune a good look as she turned to leave, Jaune completely astonished by this.

"W-wai-" he tried to say until he sees Pyrrha turn a corner as Neptune appearing on the balcony.

"Hey, uh, Jaune right?" Neptune asked, obliviously.

"Yeah..." Jaune replied with a sigh.

"I mean, this party is just lame right? I mean, ballroom dancing? Pfft."

"Yeah..." Jaune looks out towards the balcony.

"Cute girls, huh?" Neptune declared as he gestured towards the ballroom. Jaune growled as he fully gave Neptune attention.

"Is that all you think about!?" Neptune raised his hands to wrist level.

"Huh?" he said surprised by this reaction.

Jaune opened his arms wide. "How could you turn her down like that?"

"Wha-who-"

"Weiss!"

"I uh..I uh..it just didn't work out, ok?"

"What? You think that you're too cool, too many other options? Weiss Schnee asked you to the dance. What in the world could possibly keep you from go-"

"I can't dance!" Neptune said quickly as he looked down in shame.

"Beg your pardon?" Jaune asked with confusion and slight shock.

"I can't dance, man!" Neptune repeated, even in more shame.

"But...you're so cool!"

"Thanks, I try really, really hard."

"You would rather break a girl's heart and go to a dance alone just because you can't move to the rhythm to the music?"

"That sums it up, yeah."

"...That's probably the second worst way to break someone's heart." Jaune said facepalming. "...Well I certainly feel better about myself."

"Please, don't tell anyone. Look you can have Weiss, I won't get in your way." Neptune assured as Jaune leaned on the stone pillar.

"Do you like her?"

"Yeah...I mean, I don't know her, but she's pretty cool.

"Then go talk to her, no pick-up lines, no suave moves...just be yourself."

"Yeah, but-!"

"Hey! You don't have to look cool all the time. In all honesty, if you could be a little less cool, I'd really appreciate it." Neptune looked down, placed his hands on his hips as he considered Jaune's advice.

"Yeah....ok."

"Go talk to her...I'll guarantee you'll make her night."

"Thanks...you know, you are a pretty cool guy, Jaune." Neptune said as he walked up and gestured for a fist bump.

"Alright, don't lie to my face." Jaune said, with a furrowed eyebrow, still complying to fist bump him. Jaune looked back out towards the balcony again as he sighs.

"Well just one more thing to do."

XXXXXXXXX

Meanwhile, Yang leaned on a handrail and overlooked the festivities from a second tier as Aptus walks up to the blonde and holds out a punch cup to her.

"Here you go." He said with a toothy grin.

"You didn't spike the punch bowl, did you?" Yang asked, squinting her eyes at her date.

"Why would I do that?" Aptus asked in annoyance.

"I was just messing with you." Yang laughed before taking the cup from his hand. "Thanks."

"Don't mention it." Aptus grinned as the two drank from their cups. "Hey Yang?"

"What's up?" Yang asked.

"I've been meaning to ask." Aptus began. "Who taught you how to fight? Your fighting style is pretty amazing."

Yang looked surprised by this. "Oh! Well I was trained at my old school, Signal Academy. Though my Dad mainly taught me in a large way, most likely in making the fighting style my own."

"Wow, that's pretty cool." The fox faunus said in amazement.

"What about you?" Yang asked. "From what I've seen so far, Close quarters seems to be your specialty."

"Well, I guess you could say that." Aptus said. "My fighting style was taught by Tifa."

"Tifa? Who's that?"

Aptus nodded. "She's part of the Twilight Town Committee I told you about. She's the brawler of the group and one of the strongest woman I've ever met, in both mind and body."

"She sounds pretty cool." Yang commented. "I'd love to meet her one day."

"I'm sure you will. Actually, I think you two would hit it off pretty well."

"You think so?"

"Without a doubt." Aptus admitted with a grin. "You both are more alike when I think about it. You're both kind, strong and loyal. Not mention brave and confident of your abilities." He then looked back at the dance floor. "Speaking of abilities, you and you and Weiss did a great job planning this party."

"Stop it, you're spoiling me with your compliments." Yang teases with a giggle before smiling. "But really, thanks. But you and Ky helped us out too."

"Hey Yang! Hey Aptus!" The two looked over to see Ruby and Ky approaching.

"Hey Si-." Yang said before gasping once she saw them close together and holding hands. the blond grinned before wrapping them both in a massive bear hug. "It's about damn time! I'm so happy for you guys!"

"Y-Yang." Ruby gasped out. Suddenly the feeling of her spine beginning to break raced through her body.

"Goldilocks...crushing...spine...let...go!" Ky wheezed out. Yang chuckled in embarrassment before releasing the two. Ky and Ruby audibly shifted their backs back into place, the cracks echoing slightly.

"Still though, really happy for you guys." The blonde smiled.

"So when did this happen?" Aptus asked in amusement.

"Just a while ago." Ky said as he gave Ruby's hand a light squeeze. "But it was worth it."

Ruby smiled happily at him in agreement. as Yang and Aptus watched incredibly happy for the duo.

"After everything that's happened, I think we really needed this." Yang stated. Blake and Sun were slow dancing while Ren and Nora appeared to be Waltzing. As Penny was seen dancing alone, guarded by two Atlas Soldiers. Neptune approached Weiss and rubbed his neck nervously. Weiss invited him to sit with her, which the blue-haired guy did, making the young heiress pull her seat closer to him.

"Yeah, well we shouldn't get too comfortable." Ky spoke up. "Because we're going back to work tomorrow."

"Can be helped." Aptus shrugged.

"I'm sure we can handle anything that gets thrown in our way." Ruby declared before looking over once laughter started to grow among the crowd. "Except for that."

"Huh?" Ky said looking at where Ruby was gesturing too. He instantly laughed as he puts a fist covering his mouth. "Oh you poor bastard!"

"Uhh what the hell is he doing?" Aptus asked while he and Yang tried, and failed, to hold back their laughter.

The students continue to laugh and giggle as they step aside. Pyrrha heard footsteps and turns around and stares in disbelief at...

"Jaune?" She asked as Jaune is now wearing a white dress with a blue bow on the front.

"A promise is a promise." Jaune shrugged.

Pyrrha continued to stare and started to giggle before it evolved into laughter. "Jaune. You didn't have to do it."

"Hey. An Arc never goes back on his word." Jaune states boldly before holding his hand out. "Now are you going to stand there and laugh at me or do you want to dance?"

"I'd love to." Pyrrha smiles before yelping in surprise once Jaune pulled her to him and sweeps her away, causing her to laugh nervously while blushing.

"Ren. This. Is. Happening!" Nora exclaimed in excitement.

"Wait. What is happening?" Ren asked in confusion before getting dragged to the dance floor by Nora. Team JNPR gathered up before performing a synchronized dance, earning cheers and whistles from the crowd.

"Wow, they're totally in sync." Ky said in awe. "I don't think our team would be able to pull that off perfectly."

"Same here." Ruby silences a laugh as she looks at Ky's entire body, he took notice and gave her a small deadpan stare.

"...No.."

"What?" Ruby said with a meek smile.

"I do not look good in a dress!"

"You'll never know."

"Rosebud, come on, work with me here."

Meanwhile JNPR perform a short but elaborately choreographed dance, culminating in Jaune spinning.

"I had no idea you were a dancer." Pyrrha said.

"Yeah, well, these things tend to happen when you grow up with seven sisters." Jaune dipped Pyrrha and then spun her away.

Neptune and Weiss were also watching the dancers. "So, what made you change your mind?" The heiress asked.

"Huh?" Neptuned asked, looking at her.

"You said you were embarrassed at first. What made you come talk to me?"

"You're looking at him." They look over to see Jaune dancing with Pyrrha." You got some good friends looking out for ya."

Jaune and Pyrrha continue to dance. Ren and Nora do a kind of disco dance, Sun and Blake join the mix and Penny and an Atlas guard are doing the 'robot'.

"What do you think, Ky?" Aptus asked, looking over at his friend. "Ready to bring down the house."

"Oh, you tease!" Ky grinned widely. "I'm a party guy. I'm there!"

Right as the song ended, Ky hopped onto the railing and somersaulted across the room before landing on the stage. As everyone turned to look at him, he smirked at the whole crowd. "Alright people, LET'S ROCK THIS JOINT!!!" He exclaimed as he pressed a button, causing the massive speakers to play the music.

As the song play, Ky showed his incredbile voice and dancing skills as the the crowd roared in cheers at the music. Even JNPR was surprised by his singing, but that didn't stop them from cheering their friend on.

"Wow, I never knew Ky could sing." Sun commented to Blake.

"One of his best talents." She merely told him.t

"WOOO, Go Ky!" Yang shouted happily, cheering her friend on.

"He's really one of a kind, isn't he?" Aptus chuckled to himself, not knowing Ruby had heard him.

Looking back down at her a smile spread across her face. "He sure is. Go, Ky!"

Emerald observed the situation from the second floor. "It appears all the dancers have partners."

Cinder voice' was then heard via ear-plug. "How long do I have?"

"You should be home by midnight just to be safe." Mercury replied.

"I'll keep my eye on the clock."

XXXXXXX

Eventually, Ky's performance ended, and he got off the dance floor moving towards the entrance where Ruby met him. "That was amazing!"

Ky chuckled and rubbed his head. "Thanks, glad you enjoyed it."

Ruby looked at the door and smiled. "Come on, let's get some fresh air. This place is getting stuffy."

Ky smiled back as he wrapped his arm around her. "Agreed."

The couple walked out as their friends took to the dance floor. They had just stepped out when they noticed a woman in a black body suit running along the rooftops.

"Rosebud. You saw a woman too right?" Ky asked, making sure he wasn't seeing things.

"I did." Ruby nodded as she threw off her heels. "Come on, let's investigate."

They ran after her thinking it was better to let their friends enjoy the night. They could handle this.

XXXXXXX

CCT

A few minutes pass. Outside the Cross Continental Transmit System Tower, Cinder stealthily approaches an armed guard. She knife-hands the back of his head, rendering him unconscious with a stunned grin on his face. She drags him behind some bushes. Looking around the area for any other people, she turns her attention towards the front entrance.

She wore a black infiltration suit. The outfit consists of a sleeveless jacket, long gloves, stiletto heel boots, a black glass mask, and several straps with containers of powdered Dust lined across her pants. The gloves, boots and pants have black mosaic designs that are infused with Dust.

Inside the building, Cinder approaches more guards as she walks in with a suggestive posture. Two guards that were patrolling look at her with suspicion as they reach for their holsters.

"Excuse me, no one's allowed in this area." However, Cinder continued to approach them. "You there, stop!"

The soldier opens fire when Cinder does not heed him. She manages to overpower him, using his gun to take out another approaching soldier. She then throws him against a handrail. Two more soldiers rush her wielding batons. Cinder flash-forges a pair of black blades from fire Dust and trounces them both, her outfit glowing orange for a second as she does so.

Smiling, she begins her stroll to the elevator, waiting for it to come down. As it does so, two guards, one colored with maroon armor and the other orange, turn to each other before they noticed her.

"...Hey." The maroon one asks.

"...Yeah?" The orange one turns to him.

"...You ever wonder why we're here?" Red asks while adjusting his grip on his rifle. Orange shrugs, looking up. Cinder actually stops to listen to this, raising an eyebrow behind her masked face.

"It's one of life's great mysteries isn't it? Why are we here? I mean, are we the product of some...cosmic coincidence, or is there really a God watching everything? You know, with a plan for us and stuff? I don't know, man, but it keeps me up at night..." Orange says.

Cinder and Red remain silent until the armored guards stare at each other in silence.

"...What?! I mean, why are we here, in this elevator?!" Red yells. Orange flinches.

"Oh... Uh. Yeah..." He chuckles.

"What was all that stuff about God?"

"Uh...hm? Nothing." Orange turns away.

"...You wanna talk about it?"

"No."

"You sure?"

"...Yeah." Orange confirms with a reluctant nod.

"...Ahem." Cinder coughed.

One of the guards then noticed the fallen men outside. Both guards finally grow apprehensive as Cinder casually walked onto the elevator, the doors closing as she turned around. Thrashing sounds can be heard from outside the elevator.

"...Nice talk, by the way." Cinder commented.

XXXXXXXX

Outside the building, Ruby and Ky approached and saw the unconscious guard. She gasped and pulled out her Scroll, dialing for her weapon locker which crashes into the courtyard and opens to reveal Crescent Rose. Ky does so as well, with Bright Crest and Fallen Abyss, swirling both blades around as Ruby equipped her scythe.

"You good with no shoes? We're probably going to fight." Ky asked, gesturing to her feet.

"Hey, it's better than fighting in heels. I'd probably break an ankle if I tried to use Crescent Rose like this." Ruby responded.

"...Good point. Let's go." He ran with her towards the entrance.

XXXXXXXX

(CCT: Top Floor)

Cinder put the needle in the port on the computers when Emerald spoke to her through the comm. "Another party guest is leaving."

Cinder sighed. "Which one?"

"Ironwood." Emerald replied. "Should I try to intercept?"

The screen before Cinder flashed displaying a chest piece before every screen lit up displaying the chest piece. They were in.

"No need. Remain at the party." Cinder replied.

The elevator opened, and Ky and Ruby stepped out with their weapons at the ready only they couldn't see Cinder as she'd ducked behind a console.

"Careful Rosebud. We don't know for certain the intruder's up here." Ky stated cautiously.

"We still need to find them if they are up here so... Hello! Is anyone here?" Ruby called out.

Cinder, wearing a mask, stood up revealing herself to them.

"Excuse me. You know it's not a masquerade party, so why don't you..." Ruby began.

Before she could finish her sentence though, Cinder produces a container of ice Dust from one of her pouches. Ky gasps as he rushed in front his girlfriend as Cinder sent shards of ice flying at Ruby. Gripping his blades, Ky deflects the icicles while clenching his teeth.

"Not happening lady!" Ky yelled. "Ruby, cover me."

Ky dashing at the masked woman with his blades outstretched. She dodged a stab attempt as she kicked Ky in the back of the head, causing him to stumble forward. Ruby tried to retaliate by shooting at her with her scythe. Cinder blocked the first few shots before dodging the last three, causing them to hit Ky instead, further knocking him back. She looked at him worryingly as Ky swooshed his hand into a thumbs up.

"I'm okay!"

Ruby sighed in relief before she twirls Crescent Rose and shoots herself forward to attack. But Cinder jumps back and produces another container of ice Dust and sends shards of glass flying at Ruby, who twirls Crescent Rose to block them.

"You've messed up now!" Ky shouted as he charged in with Ruby opening fire on Cinder. She avoided the bullets and and created two glass swords, catching Ky's swords on her own.

Cinder smirked, but Ky smiled. "You have no idea who you're messing with lady."

His swords began to glow sky blue and he started slashing at Cinder. She blocked, but Ky eventually jumped back. Ruby had moved into a more advantageous position.

"Starwave Stream!" Ky declared, as he started to slashed at Cinder, who dodged a few stab and slash motions from the bluenette before she was sent skidding along the ground. She created a bow and fired off arrows at the students that hit their feet. They started to glow orange much like those geysers that shot up at them on that roof so long ago.

"Ky get back!" Ruby called out.

They both jumped back as fire erupted from the ground, Ky growled threateningly as Ruby aimed her scythe at her. Cinder soon smirked wildly as they all hear the elevator beep behind both of them.

The elevator started to open, Ruby smiled confidently as it was Ironwood, but as she looked back, the masked woman was gone.

"Dammit! She got away" Ky said in annoyance.

"We had her..." Ruby said with a groan. They fully looked towards Ironwood next, as he walked towards them.

"You two mind explaining yourselves?" he asked cautiously.

A worried look passed between Ky and Ruby at the general's tone, but all the same, they did their best to explain everything that had just happened just now.

XXXXXXXX

Dance Hall

Cinder walked through one of the side entrances discarding her mask and instantly changing her outfit in a matter of second before even entering the hall. Atlesian guards were close behind her. They entered the hall and looked around; however, it was impossible to see her.

Cinder had made her way over to Emerald and Mercury, who were now slow dancing. She then tapped the green-haired girl's shoulder." Oh, may I cut in?"

Emerald steps aside." Of course." She said before Cinder began to dance with Mercury.

"And how's your night been?" Mercury asked.

"Mmm... a little more exciting than expected."

"Should we be worried?"

"Hardly... They'll be searching their heads long after we finished what we came here for."

"So then, what now?"

"Enjoy the rest of the night. After all, it is a party."

As the two continue dancing. Jaune and Pyrrha are seen sitting at a table, Aptus, Yang, Sun and Blake are seen dancing, there is a squad of red and yellow soldiers outside of the CCT.

XXXXXXX

CCT Top Floor

When they finally finished explaining everything to Ironwood, Ruby and Ky sat next to each other as the General and his men looked around.

"Well, this could've gone a lot worse." The bluenette said looking up at the roof.

"Yeah...Sorry I shot you back there..." Ruby apologized as she did shoot at him.

"Don't worry, it wasn't you fault," Ky said placing an arm around her. "Though I gotta admit, it was a hell of a shot. I'm talking no scope!"

Ruby giggled at him before she cuddled into her boyfriend's body, as a nearby screen flashed with one last shot of the Queen chess piece appears on the computer screen and the clock chimed midnight.

XXXXXXX

And that's another chapter! Thank you very much for reading this. And if you did enjoyed it, please do leave a comment and add the story to your faves cause that would be awesome and greatly appreciated, but if you didn't, please do leave a comment on how I could improve my stories so I could improve myself as well.

BTW, what do you guys think about seeing a RWBYK Chibi story? Let me know your thoughts on that soon! Until then...Keep moving forward!

Stormy out!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.4K 204 12
You are back with the rest if Team RWBY and you are ready for your second semester at beacon. This is the sequel to rwby x male reader volume 1.
22.5K 306 26
Yang, Blake and Weiss get ready for their second semester by investigating into the actions of the White Fang and Roman Torchwick. But when a young f...
7.9K 194 25
Team RWBY takes Team JNPR to the world of Red vs. Blue. There, they must help the colourful space marines stop the Meta, and help Epsilon recover his...
8.1K 145 35
Team RWBY has to deal with their greatest and most powerful enemies during their time at Beacon Academy as a storm of darkness brews and grows ever c...