Be My Mistake | ✓

By NamjoonBieber

"The reason we can't let go of someone is because deep inside, we still have hope." Then, let go. That so-ca... More

[ ! ]
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 6 ]
[ 7 ]
[ 8 ]
[ 9 ]
[ 10 ]
[ 11 ]
[ 12 ]
[ 13 ]
[ 14 ]
[ 15 ]
[ 17 ]
[ 18 ]
[ 19 ]
[ 20 ]
[ 21 ]
[ 22 ]
[ 23 ]
[ 24 ]
[ 25 ]
[ 26 ]
[ 27 ]
[ 28 ]
[ 29 ]
[ 30 ]
[ 31 ]
[ 32 ]
[ 33 ]
[ 34 ]
[ 35 ]
[ 36 ]
[ 37 ]
[ 38 ]
[ 39 ]
[ 40 ]
[ 41 ]
[ 42 ]
[ 43 ]
[ 44 ]
[ 45 ]
[ 46 ]
[ 47 ]
[ 48 ]
[ 49 ]
[ 50 ] Bonus Chapter

[ 16 ]

14.7K 936 263
By NamjoonBieber

- Noor's POV -

"Okay, but how did anyone manage to fall for someone like Nadira to this extent?" I ask with genuine shock.

"Nadira has her ways..." Lateef says it with an undertone that I can't quite catch. "Anyways, in high school, no one really knew but Yasir was the wealthiest. And Nadira was all over him almost all of high school, even afterwards."

"Because he was rich?" I ask to confirm.

"Well, yeah but you'd never guess that was the reason. She genuinely looked like she adored him." He continues. "I'm about to say this in the least offensive way as possible but Yasir was an average looking guy."

I thought he was pretty cute, I think to myself.

"There was no way someone like Nadira would do anything but befriend him. Every guy at school wanted her and it was odd that she chose the goofball, Yasir, you know?" He runs his hand through his hair. "I sound like a complete asshole right now."

"No, no. I get what you're trying to say. Nadira would want someone who shares the same glitz and glam that she thinks she has, which means a rich, jock-type."

"Exactly!" Lateef is relieved I understood.

Of course I understand. Nadira is literally that type of a person.

"So, when she slowly started to get with Yasir, everyone was a little suspicious but accepted it eventually. Women had given Yasir attention before but not like Nadira. Nadira was giving him special attention and poor guy fell head-over-heels for her and hasn't gotten up since." Lateef sighs.

"The thing is, she would slowly ask him for things. It would start off small... designer sunglasses or wallets, then purses, then it went on to clothes and shoes, then luxury vacations. And that's when it hit me... she's securing the bag. That's it." He shakes his head in disappointment. "And then, to confirm my thoughts further, something happened."

At this point, I'm eating my lunch as if I'm in a movie theatre eating popcorn while watching an intense part.

Lateef drops a surprising detail, "Shahid, who's Yasir cousin, becomes wealthier than Yasir."

I gasp. "Cousin? Shahid is Yasir's cousin? Are they first cousins?"

They did look slightly similar in terms of physical appearance... Nadira is a whole sociopath for this.

Lateef nods. "This was because Yasir's father went through a short period of time where the business wasn't doing well but Shahid's was doing really well. It was only a couple of months that Khan Enterprises wasn't doing that well, but Nadira switched up so fast."

"Oh my God... She married Shahid to secure the bag because she thought Yasir's finances weren't stable! What a leech." I'm not even shocked.

"She did the same exact thing with Shahid. She batted her eyelashes and talked all sweet, he proposed within months." He says.

"Wait, why didn't Yasir propose before? Like while he was rich." I ask.

"They said they'd marry after graduation..."

"But she married Shahid when she saw the opportunity... what a bitch." I roll my eyes.

"She's been filling Yasir's ears with some kind of lies but he won't tell me what. That's why he's risking so much to be with her even though she's still married." He looks blankly down at the table. "I wish Yasir would just listen to me. He's ruining himself with her."

Nadira is ruining so many people's lives by being so selfish. It's an awful situation for Yasir, Shahid and their families.

Yasir, on the other hand, is going along with this knowing that she's someone else's.

What is this? A Pakistani drama? An Indian drama?

"You know what... I'll find out. Nadira has a big mouth. I'll figure out what she's saying. Plus, I'm always nearby when she's here. And then maybe, you can pull Yasir out of this horrible situation." I say only because I can tell Lateef is genuinely worried sick for Yasir.

"You'd do that?" Lateef looks at me with hope in his eyes.

I nod and smile. "I definitely would. Bringing down a witch like Nadira would be a pleasure and it would help a few people along the way."

"You're actually amazing." He laughs.

"I know." I wink.

• • •

"I'm not getting in this car." I cross my arms over my chest.

"You're being a child." He states.

"Did you clean it after that night?" I ask.

He shrugs his shoulders.

"That's disgusting." I squint my nose.

"It was the backseat." He says as if it makes it any better. "Get in the car before you annoy me more than I already feel."

I open the door and take a seat carefully. I turn my head slowly to look at the back seat and to my absolute surprise, Munchkin the Monkey is sitting comfortably in the middle.

"You kept him!" I grin as Yasir takes a seat on the driver's side.

He groans when he looks at the back seat. "I told them to throw it away when they cle—never mind."

I frown, knowing what he meant. "You're mean."

• • •

"When was the last time you had fun?" I ask Yasir while tapping my pen on the counter.

"None of your business. Finish finding the errors." He answers sternly.

"No, really." I close the folder. "When?"

"Last night, at home, when I fucked the soul out of a girl." He answers.

"You're gross." I roll my eyes. "I mean really had some genuine fun. Nadira can't possibly be any fun to hang out with."

"You take every fucking chance to bash her." He complains.

"That's because your darling was a bully in high school and I hate her whole being." I spit back.

He's silent for a few seconds, only because I can tell he knows that too.

"Do the work you were brought here for, I don't pay you to talk shit." He turns away.

He should pay me extra to put up with all of his mood swings... that I'm technically responsible for. Whoops!

I open up the folder again to work.

"Sir, could you look over section b and h again?" I slide the folder over.

As I stare at the paper while he looks over it, I see his sleeve side up a little. There's red liquid leaking—blood.

I instinctively grab at his sleeve and pull it up to reveal the location of the bleeding.

"Oh my God!" I run to the tissue dispenser and grab a bunch to put pressure on the wound. "I'll get you a band—"

He grabs my arm to stop me. "I'll be fine. It's just an old wound that split open a little."

"But—"

"I said I'll be fine." He says loudly, making me flinch as he snatches his arm away from me and takes the tissue off.

And that's when my eyes wander on his wrist... there's cuts... like multiple slashes across his skin.

He notices my eyes linger on his wrist for too long and he quickly pulls down his sleeve.

I try to act like I didn't notice but I'm sure I looked shaken up because my hand starts fidgeting.

Lateef was right, Yasir is not okay. Nadira is destroying him and he needs to escape that toxic relationship before it's too late.

I grab his car keys and dangle them in front of his face.

"What are you doing?" He raises a brow.

"You're going to follow me." I grin.

"This isn't a joke. We have to finish this." He frowns.

"I might die if I spend one more second looking at that tiny font about things I currently do not care about." I huff.

"Give me the keys." He steps towards me.

"No." I dangle them in front of him of again while stepping back. "Catch me if you can!"

I screech as I start running and he runs after me just as fast.

"Noor! The keys!" He yells.

"You're going to have to catch me first!" I loop around the staircases to throw him off his track and I run up the stairs.

I'm out of breathe but all I can think of is making sure he doesn't catch me.

I run in whichever direction my feet takes me and run into a room and lock the door.

"Ha! I win!" I smile widely.

There was silence followed by beeping noises and then the lock to the door automatically twists open.

"Oh sh—" I couldn't even finish my sentence before the door swings open.

Yasir charges at me with the intent to get the keys.

I drop the keys on the floor and put up my arms up, "I surrender!"

He starts laughing. That sincere laughter that makes my heart go numb.

"Too late." He smirks and picks me up to place me on the bed.

"Okay, that's—you shouldn't have done that." I say nervously.

As I try to stand up, Yasir pushes me back and my back hits the soft mattress.

He hovers over me, leaning closer to my lips and for a second, both of us freeze. I stare at his lips and the temptation grows. He's staring at my lips, his mouth slightly parted, with the same desire.

No!

I cover his mouth with my hand and shake my head. "Not today, Satan."

"Fuck, just kiss me." He growls in a low tone.

What?

My stomach did 10 backflips from just four small words.

"W-why? So I could throw away all that I worked for in life to end up in Hell because of a kiss? I don't think so. My name is probably hovering over the list for Hell because of you already." I say to him quietly because I can feel that my voice is about to crack from the fluttering feeling in me. "Plus, there's a high chance you have herpes from kissing Nadira all the time. I'd never kiss someone who's kissed that churail."

Again, he ignores the comment on Nadira because he's realized I'll never stop those. "Going to Hell for kissing? Hm." He says in a mocking tone as he drops down beside me, our elbows almost touching.

"Marry me and I'll think about it." I joke.

"I have to marry you to have you think about kissing me?" He chuckles. "I'll never marry anyone except Nadira."

"Too bad, you won't get to kiss me, then." I tease him but I'm almost breathless from what just happened.

"Too bad." He repeats sarcastically.

Somehow this conversation turned almost sad... there's this unhappy, almost tragic, undertone to it. I can't quite put my finger on it.

A conversation like this should make me feel uncomfortable but I just feel... bad.

I don't know how to explain it. There's this desperate feeling within me of wanting to pull Yasir out of the dark place. I'm almost afraid of how deep gone he is... I'm also afraid of how much I seem to care for him...

- - -

- A/N -

• Sorry for the late update, guys! I totally forgot what day it is. I literally don't even know what week I'm on for quarantine. 💀

• Yasir... He's just horny LMFAOOOOOO! 🥴 Or maybe he likes Noor? idk, I wish I could tell you 🤣

Next Update: Every Friday and Saturday, Insha'Allah!

Please vote and comment and let me know how y'all feel!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 397 43
Falling in love with an enemy knowingly is wrong. What if, it happens unknowingly? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ " W-what this? " I lost the ability to speak Englis...
71.1K 3.1K 32
You can find yourself drowning in a relationship that's not healthy just because you're scared of getting hurt. That's not ok. We all need to feel lo...
35.2K 2.1K 38
"Let me go!" "Are you kidding me?" He laughed. "You landed me in this mess and made me suffer a setback for the first time in years! I won't let you...
30.4K 987 33
"I can't anymore," she said sadly. " please" he begged. ****************************************** READ TO FIND OUT MORE!! Let the story begin... 🏆|...