The Thief and the Rabbit

By Raikishin

Y/n Yoko is the great grandson of the legendary Bandit that stole from each of the kingdoms during the Great... More

Prologue: The Yoko Tribe
Ch 1: Honor among Thieves
Ch 2: Beacon Academy
Ch 3: CFVY Iniation
Ch 4: The Emerald Forest
Ch 5: Fox and the Bunny
Ch 6: First Misson
Ch 7: Lower Cairn Part 1
Ch 8: Lower Cairn part 2
Ch 9: Matter of Trust
Ch 11: In Name Only
Ch 12: The King and The Thief.
Ch 13: The Yomi Tribe.
Ch 14: Reunion
Ch 15: Shura Yomi
Ch 16: Yoko Vs Yomi
Ch 17: Full Bloom

Ch 10: Misson failed

3.4K 83 34
By Raikishin

This was the worst possible outcome, in the middle of of open area with grimm all around, to make matters worse we still had the family of six from lower Cairn to protect so running was out of the question.

Fox: (telepathy) Well if you have any suggestions to get us out of this I'm all ears.

Aiming her mini gun towards the Grimm that were most grouped up together Coco yelled.

Coco: We fight! Make sure to protect the family.

Bullets rained over the Grimm as Coco unleashed a heavy barrage of explosive rounds from her gun, thanks to her semblance. Obeying Coco's orders the other members of team CFVY also jumped into action, Fox charged at a group of beowolves slashing at them with his sharp retribution, Velvet wielding a pair of dual hard light daggers engaged a oncoming Ursa, Yatsuhashi guarding the family and Coco swatted away any smaller Grimm that slipped by and finally You, with two rose whips wrapped around both your arms, you shred a herd of creeps to bits.

Just as the situation looked to be turning around in your favor, the ground beneath you started to rumble, that's when when a large shadow started to cover the clearing.

Fox: That sounds bad.

Yatsu: It is, it's very bad.

You: I think we just found what destroyed lower Cairn.

Making its way into the clearing was a arguably one of the most dangerous Grimm to exist, a Goliath. The shadowy Grimm towered over all the others, even crushing some as it made its way towards your group. It had one large tusk, with the other being half broken but the splintered edge still dangerously sharp and deadly. Coco fires her gun at the beast but even with the increased power from her semblance, the Goliath didn't seem fazed at all.

Man: Back to the cave!

You: No wait!

It was too late, the father of the family against your warning yelled at the others to head back into the cave, You and the other members of CFVY were too preoccupied with the Grimm to stop them. Before they could make it an Ursa looms up in front of them, grabbing the father, he yells for his family to keep going as the Ursa snaps it's jaws shut over his head. The wife with the injured ankle pushes her children towards the cave's entrance as she falls to the ground, it didn't take long for a swarm of tiny death stalkers to swarm over her, a sickening scream pierced the air before it came to an abrupt stop.
And due to the tremors caused by the Goliath, crushed the cave entrance. The rubble sealing the remaining children inside.

Velvet: (falls to knees in tears) Oh gods no.

You: Coco the key!

Coco: Huh?

Quickly realizing what you meant, Coco reaches into her pocket and threw you the key to your choker. As the metal band fell to the ground you started to feel your aura flow more naturally. Pressing your hands into the dirt, you pumped as much aura as you could muster to separate the Grimm from team CFVY. Trees and thick vines erupted from the ground entangling the smaller Grimm but not the Goliath.

You: Tsk just a little more.

Using its large tusk and trunk, the Grimm started uprooting the trees you had grown with little effort. Your aura was all but drained now as you fell to your knees in exhaustion. Yatsuhashi then ran towards the Goliath, his sword raised.

Fox: Hold on!

Yatsu stops in his tracks as a bullhead descended into the area, firing heavy artillery at the Goliath, this made the Goliath flinch back in pain forcing it away from the team. The bay doors to the ship then opened up, revealing Professor Port who started firing his weapon at the remaining Grimm.

Port: Get in!

Fox: Coco! Yatsuhashi! We have to go.

Velvet: (shaking her head) No we have to fight!

Velvet flipped through her camera, hoping to find the right weapon that could fix everything.

Velvet: (pleading) No! We can still save them. We can-

Fox: (telepathy) No their gone! (Saldy) They're all gone, I can't sense them anymore.

Coco: I don't retreat!

Fox: (telepathy) Don't be stupid Coco!

Yatsu: (Helping you to your feet) Don't bother Fox, you know she won't listen. You and Velvet head for the airship.

Coco: Thank you, Yatsuhashi.

You gave Yatsuhashi a curious look, surely he wasn't really about to let Coco just stay and try to fight off all these Grimm. It wasn't until Coco had turned her back to the two of you that he quickly grabbed and threw her over his shoulder and made a break for the ship.

Coco: Yatsuhashi! Damnit put me down!

Holding the very angry Coco, Yatsu turn to look at you.

Yatsu: We should get going.

Yatsu hurried ahead as you took one last look at the clearing, the Goliath had already started making its way back from where it came, losing all interest in you and the others. You then put a hand to your neck and the realization that you were free had finally started to sink in. Even as tired as you were, nothing was stopping you from escaping into the forest.

You: (walking opposite direction of the ship) I could just leave, nothing's stopping me.

Velvet: (Fox's telepathy) Y/n we're leaving, where are you?

Her voiced stopped you right in your tracks. It didn't make any sense, here you were with a perfect chance  to go home but every fiber of your being right now was screaming at you to turn back.

You: (turns back) I'm on my way.

Turning around you had made it just as the bullhead started to take off. Yatsu and Fox both held a hand out to you as you leaped up and into the ship. Port resting his blunderbuss against the wall of the ship made his way back to the front of the ship without a word. Leaving you and the others to see the devastation that was Lower Cairn down below.

Coco: (fist clenched) We failed...

Timeskip of Chibi Port grooming his mustache.

It was noon the following day when you and the others finally landed back at Beacon, the team exited the ship to see many students gathered at the cliff side docks.

Coco: Damn... it's today, I complete forgot about it.

You: Why are there so many students here?

Yatsu: Guess today's the day that the Vytal festival assignments are given out for students.

Fox: It's more a big deal for the first years, you know since it's their first time going outside the kingdom as a team.

You: I see.

Velvet: (sadly) Lets just get back to our room.

Glancing down at Velvet, her ears drooped almost completely covering her face.

Yatsu: hopefully no one will notice us.

Fox started to count eerily.

Fox: Three... two... one.

Random student: Hey Team CVFY is back!

Random student2: With their new member too.

Velvet's shoulders slumped, Yatsu facepalms as Fox put on a wry smile and Coco herself just had a black expression but that was mostly because of her sunglasses blocking her eyes.

Coco:(sighs) Well lets get this over with.

You followed along with the team, you noticed that they all held their heads high but at the same time put out an aura that said they didn't want anyone to approach them. Velvet had started to fall behind the group, so you slowed your pace to match hers.

You: How are you feeling?

Velvet: (ears drooping) ....Useless, I feel so useless.

It was clear that out of everyone on the team, Velvet was the most open, so much so you could say that she wore her heart on her sleeve. A direct contrast to you who was known to suppress your own feelings.

???: Velvet are you ok?

Blake Belladonna and the members of team Rwby had all ran over. Putting on a forced smile, Velvet greeted the younger girls.

Velvet: I'm fine, I had Y/n and Yatsuhashi to look out for me.

Yang: Oho so two strong guys looking out for you, Huh? I'm jealous.

Blake and Weiss elbowed Yang.

Weiss: Your mission was supposed to end a week ago, What happened?

Velvet: Nothing happened, it was just... there was just... so many.

The girls from team Rwby grew more concerned seeing Velvet's face twist into despair. Resting a hand on her shoulder you spoke up.

You: There were a lot of extra things to take care of, the mission ended up running longer than we hoped.

Ruby: Really?

Velvet: Y-yeah, but don't worry, you first years are just shadowing huntsmen, so you should be fine.

Yang: (skeptic) Right~

Velvet gave a shaky smile but it was clear that if she stayed any longer, she'd probably break down in tears.

You: You shouldn't let us keep you, we'll see you when you get back.

Blake: Yeah you're right, let's go.

Ruby: Ok, later guys.

Velvet: Yeah, good luck and stay safe.

Velvet gave them a small wave before turning to walk away.

You: Velvet?

Velvet: (wipes eyes) Thank you, I wasn't sure how much longer I would've been able to hold it together. I just want to go somewhere quiet.

Reaching into your pocket, you handed her the keys that Professor Peach had lent you to the greenhouse.

You: Can't think of any place more quiet than this.

However before Velvet could take the keys a voice had called out to you both. Following the voice it came from Glynda Goodwitch.

Glynda: Miss Scarlentina, Mister Yoko. We're glad to see you've made it back to Beacon. We know you'd like some time to recover but Professor Ozpin would like to see you two in his office.

You and Velvet both shared a brief look.

You: (sighs) No rest for the weary.

Chapter End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.5K 1.5K 12
Y/n was abandoned by his father as a child, raised in the kingdom of Mistral he lived a normal life. Until one day he receives a letter from his fath...
27.9K 415 13
Y/N was once the prince and future heir of Eternia. But then he was frame by both Union and his own father which lead to an accident that burn his fa...
235 0 10
After the separation of Levi and his friends. Akira took it upon himself to lead PWWR as they try to enter the Vytal Festival.
1.7K 98 6
The boy who ran from bis problems. Found his spirit and ran towards then. The story of Y/n and his adventures as a prospective student of Beacon aca...