I Love You » SuperFlash {2} √

By themiko2

After helping Supergirl defeat Non and Mydrid, Barry finds out a troubling secret back in Central City. There... More

𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚙
the new chapter
something impossible
mardon
fastest man alive
simon stagg
his kids
danton black
multiplex
going rouge
not from earth
opposites attract
plastique
kara's blog
visits
obvious
the flash
childhood bully
he found her
he knows
made up
power outage
no speed
hostage situation
two energies combined
guilt
flash vs arrow & supergirl
the vigilante of star city
whammied
the fight to bring him back
the man in yellow
tachyonic particles
love confession
identity revealed
revenge of the rogues
kidnapped
moving back in
the sound and the fury
worst day
care about him
crazy for you
summer nights
another love
nuclear man
ronnie & stein
blood from two speedsters
loves him
fallout
combined together
secret to firestorm
ross & rachel in two years
out of time
in danger
mark mardon
kara's death
rogue time
dante
lisa snart
cold
radiation psychosis
tricksters
james jesse
axel walker
all star team up
bees
brie larvan
memories are important
who is harrison wells?
hannibal bates
everyman
the trap
eobard thawne
electrical shock
grodd lives
goldfinger
search and rescue
the key
rouge air
leonard snart
plan gone wrong
fast enough
love of his life
heroic death
End of the book

the cold gun

1.1K 36 12
By themiko2

Jitters
Night

Iris, Eddie & Mon were all sitting at a table, waiting on Felicity to get there. "Party people, who's ready to get their trivia on? Okay, everybody, welcome. We've got some new challengers. Please, welcome e=mc Hammer," the announcer said, and everyone looked at Iris, Eddie & Mom.

"No, you see, I did it because E=mc squared is Einstein's formula for kinetic energy, right? And, you know, can't touch this," Mon said, but really, he got the idea from Barry because Mon was no good at science. Barry made Mon a bunch of flash cards to use, so he would make himself sound smart in front of Iris.

"That's great, Mike. So where is Felicity?" Iris asked.

"I'm not sure. I told her it started at-" Mon started to say but then Felicity walked in, in a tight shirt dress.

"Feel free to buy yourself that dress," Eddie told Iris, which wanted Mon to roll his eyes but he was too distracted at how attractive Felicity looked.

"I totally overdressed for trivia night," Felicity said as she walked up next to Mon.

"No, you look amazing," Iris said.

"Yeah, you do," Mon said.

"E=mc hammer. That's funny," Felicity said a laugh. "See?" Mon told Iris.

Later

"So, Felicity, what do you do?" Iris asked.

"I work in computer sciences at Queen Consolidated," Felicity said.

"Really? Do you have a boyfriend in Starling City?" Iris asked and Mon gave her a look of annoyance and Iris raised her eyebrows at him.

"No, no, there is no one. I'll get us some more drinks. And I had too many of those first ones, so I will be right back," Felicity said then she got up and walked off, as Mon stared at her. Then Iris slapped his arm.

"What?" Mon asked her.

"Dude," she said before she slapped him again. "Dude? Wha-" Mon started to say.

"Are you still gonna tell me that she's not into you? Look at that dress. And when I asked her the boyfriend question, she froze," Iris said.

"Yeah, you were particularly sly with that one," Mon said but Iris rolled her eyes.

"Felicity is smart, nice, and pretty. And most importantly, she is the first girl at I have seen you with that really understands and appreciates you for the amazing person that I am always telling you that you are. She's perfect for you, so what are you waiting for, Mike?" Iris asked and Mon sighed, as he stared at her.

STAR Labs
Back Area

Cisco was staring at an empty shelf, with Wells staring at him, with Caitlin & Kara behind him. "How long has it been missing?" Wells asked.

"I don't know," Cisco said.

"I'm gonna ask you again, Cisco. But when I do, I expect a more specific answer than a 'I don't know'. Now, how long has this weapon been gone?" Wells asked.

"A day, maybe two. One of the janitors didn't show up for work this morning. He was probably the one who took it. I didn't think that-" Cisco started to say.

"You didn't think, because if you had, you would have discussed with me first your desire to build something that could, in theory, hurt anyone, and in particular, The Blur," Wells said sternly.

"I'm sorry. If you just let me explain-" Cisco started to say.

"You know how I feel about weapons, Cisco. They do not belong in S.T.A.R.Labs. Now, you are gonna figure out a way to locate this gun, and you are gonna do it right now," Wells said before he turned around and wheeled out. Then Kara & Caitlin walked in, with concerned expressions.

"This thing you built, what can it do?" Kara asked.

"Bad stuff," Cisco said, before looking at the girls with fear in his eyes.

Museum

Joe was walking down a hallway with a staff member of the museum. "You said to call if there was anything suspicious. This guy went through the tour twice. Nobody does that," he said, then they looked over everyone from upstairs and Joe saw Snart. He immedidately picked up his radio and called in. "This is Detective West. I have a visual on Leonard Snart at the museum. Requesting immediate back up," Joe commanded.

STAR Labs

The alarms in the lab started to blare and then Kara, Caitlin & Cisco ran to the cortex to find Barry was already looking at the computers. "What is it?" Kara asked Barry.

"Snart is spotted at the museum," Barry said and Kara sternly looked at the monitors.

"On it," she said before she zoomed out, with her clothes floating down from the air, to the ground. Barry closed his eyes in annoyance before he quickly grabbed her clothes and set them on the counter.

"She always does that?" Caitlin asked. "Yep," Barry said before he zoomed into his suit and ran off.

Streets of Central City

Snart was quickly walking down the street as Joe was trying to catch up with him. "Snart!" Joe yelled and right there, a police car was zooming towards them but Snart used his ice gun to ice the street. The police car started to slide down the street, right towards Joe. But then Supergirl forcfully landed, in front of Joe, and stopped the car. She looked at him with a stern expression.

"Are you okay?" she asked as Snart ran into a movie theatre.

"He's getting away! Come on!" he yelled and then they both started to run inside. They ran through the theatre trying find Snart but couldn't.

Right when they weren't looking, Snart shot his ice gun at Joe but Kara stood in front him, taking the hit. This was when Barry finally ran in, but to find his girlfriend get shot by a ice gun, which made her roll to the ground. She winced in pain, from the shot. Barry zoomed over to her and bent down to her level. "Are you okay?" he asked, with worry in her eyes.

"It burns," she winced.

"Okay, okay. Just stay here. Okay?" he told her.

"But-" she started to say.

"Partner, stay here," he said, and then looked around, to find Snart, but he shot him with the gold gun, which made him crash into a wall.

"Blur!" Kara exclaimed as he winced in pain, as it also burned. Snart then tried to shoot Barry again but he zoomed off.

Kara crawled down on the ground to look at Snart, to see him, looking around the theatre. "Time for a test run," he said before he shot at a pillar, that almost got Barry. "Let's see how fast you are," he continued as he shot at a couple but Barry grabbed them just in time. It was taking too much of his energy to run everywhere so he stopped, right next to Kara. They then noticed a worker coming out of a theatre, but Snart also saw them.

"No!" Kara exclaimed as she tried to get up but could barely do it. Then, Snart pulled the trigger on the man and Barry immediately started to run after him. "Blur!" Kara exclaimed in fear. Barry ran as fast as he could to get to the man but the ice got to him first.

"No!" Barry exclaimed then leaned down. With all the stregth she had left, Kara zoomed into the theatre but leaned against a chair.

"..No.." she said softly and Barry looked at her. "I couldn't save him," he mumbled.

STAR Labs

Being an alien, Kara was already healed by the time they got there but Barry was not. Even though she wanted to know his identity, Kara had to leave so that Caitlin could help him. A couple minutes later, Barry was in his regular clothes and they looked at the mark he got from Snart's gun. But then Mon, Iris & Felicity all walked in, with shocked faces. "Hey! What's this about you running off, without backup!" Mon exclaimed.

"I did. Kara was there," Barry groaned.

"And yet, she still got hurt. You are lucky she is an alien," Iris said.

"How is it?" Felicity asked.

"It's still numb," he told them.

"It's presenting itself like third degree frostbite," Caitlin explaned.

"I thought I had hyper healing," Barry said.

"It's been slowed. If your cells weren't regenerating at the rate they are, your blood vessels would have frozen solid and the nerve damage would have been permanent. You're lucky to be alive," Caitlin told him, but then he got up and grabbed his jacket.

"Snart wasn't another meta-human. He has some kind of gun.It froze things, slowed me down- Enough that I wasn't in time to save someone," Barry said sadly as Felicity looked up Snart's information on her tablet.

"According to his record, Snart didn't even bother to finish high school, so how did he build a handheld high tech snow machine?" she asked as Mon & Iris looked concerned and curious.

"S.T.A.R.Labs built the cold gun," Wells said and they looked at him.

"What?" Iris asked.

"Dr. Wells and Caitlin had nothing to do with this. I built the gun," Cisco said and they all eyed him.

"You did? Why?" Mon asked.

"Because speed and cold are opposites. Temperature is measured by how quickly the atoms of something are oscillating. The faster they are, the hotter it is, and when then are cold, they're slower on the atomic level. When there's no movement at all, it's called-" Cisco started to explain.

"Absolute zero," Barry cut in.

"Yeah. I designed a compact cryo engine to achieve absolute zero. I built it to stop you," Cisco said and they looked taken back. "I didn't know who you were then, Barry. I mean, what if you turned out to be some psycho, like Mardon or Nimbus?" Cisco asked.

"But he didn't. Did he?" Iris snapped.

"We built the entire structure you're standing in to do good, and it blew up. In the wake of that, you can understand why Cisco would want to be prepared for the worst," Caitlin said, trying to help Barry understand.

"I can understand that, but what I can't understand is why you didn't tell me what you did. I mean, after all we've been through, I thought you trusted me- I thought we were friends," Barry said.

"We are, Barry," Cisco said.

"I mean, if you would have just told me, I could have been prepared. But instead, someone died tonight. Instead my girlfriend got hurt tonight," Barry said.

"And I have to live with that," Cisco said.

"No, Cisco. We all do," Iris said, before she walked out, with Barry & Mon following.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.8K 641 16
It's been 1 year since Iris died. Everyone came to be remorseful for her death. Everyone but Barry. Savitar broke him. He took away the love of his l...
64.8K 2.4K 141
After Mon-El is sent away and Barry is trapped in the Speed Force, Iris and Kara only have had each other for the past seven months. Sure, they stil...
10.8K 126 30
Months following saving central city, Barry goes at alone now, he quit being Daniella's partner and he shoved away those closest to him, but now team...
61.4K 1.6K 27
My name is Barbara Gordon. I work for the GCPD, or Gotham City Police Department. They, however, are seeming to be of no help as I try to clear my Un...