RWBYK 2: The Light of Kings

By SonicBlade40

After few months had passed since the events of Vol 1., Team RWBYK is back and ready for their second semeste... More

Chapter 1: Best Day Ever
Chapter 2 - A Plan Comes Together
Chapter 3 - A Minor Hiccup
Chapter 4 - Paint The Town
Chapter 5 - Roses and Requests
Special: A RWBYK Christmas
Chapter 6 - Old Tragedies
Chapter 7 - Vanitas
Chapter 8 - Secret Origins
Chapter 9 - Reveals in the Heart
Chapter 11 - Red and Blue
Chapter 12 - Dance Dance Infiltration
Chapter 13 - Field Trip
Chapter 14 - Search and Destroy
Chapter 15 - Mountain Glenn
Chapter 16 - No Brakes
Chapter 17 - Dark Breach
Chapter 18: Finale - The Light Awakens

Chapter 10 - Extracurricular

1K 20 18
By SonicBlade40

Hey Everyoooooone! It's Stormy here. And welcome back to another chapter of RWBYK: Tale of the True King! It might seem a little short, but I think it was still a job well done. So anyway, let's get started.

XXXXXXXX

Several Days Later...

(Beacon Academy)

Pyrrha is in the locker room, gearing up. She adjusts one of her greaves, and puts on her ringlet, as she begins to walk off.

XXXXXXX

Pyrrha pass by Cardin with a quick slash, and turns back to strike again.

XXXXXXX

She continues her walk out off the locker room.

XXXXXXX

The two continue their battle.

XXXXXXX

Pyrrha then brings out her weapons, Milo and Akouo.

XXXXXXXX

She holds off the attack of two other attackers.

XXXXXXXX

Pyrrha leaves the locker room, and walks into the Auditorium.

XXXXXXX

As she fights off her attackers...

XXXXXXX

Continues walking in...

XXXXXXX

Running towards someone...

XXXXXXX

And continues her walk towards the Auditorium...

XXXXXXX

Pyrrha goes in and lancheed a few blows at Cardin, but he blocked them all, only for Pyrrha to land a hit that pushes him back. Cardin regains his footing, and looks over to see that Pyrrha is gone, only noticing that she launched herself into the air and dived in for a hit, but he roll out of the way at the last minute, before getting hit, but Pyrrha bounces from the ground and shoots her spear at Dove Bronzewing, sending him to the ground.

Sky Lark comes in and tries to attack Pyrrha, but she dodges the would-be blow, and lands a few hits on Sky that blow him pass Cardin, who watches his teammate fly pass him, and at the last second, guards himself as Pyrrha comes in and tries to attack, but Cardin counters, by trying to hit her with his mace, however, Pyrrha quickly moves out of the way.

Cardin strikes again, but Pyrrha jumps out of the way, as Cardin unleashes a short column of fire, as he hits the ground. Cardin then tries to hit Pyrrha with his mace, but she blocks the would-be blow with her shield, only pushing her back. Pyrrha turns to see Sky, coming in to attack her, but she jumps in time to miss the attack, and looks to see Cardin charging at her, she blocks the attack with her shield, and kicks Sky off his feat, and quickly dodges a would-be punch by Cardin, as she jumps over him, and throws her shield, which hits Cardin in the face, and bounces back to hit Sky as well.

Pyrrha then flips backward through the air to land on Sky, incapacitating him. She looks up, to see Dove and Russel Thrush rush at her together. Pyrrha launches herself at Russel, knocking him back, and she charges at Dove, who blocks some of her attacks, only to be kicked back by Pyrrha. Dove flips and lands on his feet, as Cardin jumps in and tries to hit Pyrrha with his mace, only for her to roll back and shoot at Cardin, however, Russel jumps in front of his leader and deflects all the shots, giving Cardin a chance to run. Russel then charges, and leaps into the air, performing a triple somersault; however, Pyrrha blocks the attack with her shield. Russel and Dove go in and attack Pyrrha together, as Pyrrha keeps her guard up, with her two opponents attacking as one, and are avoiding from hitting each other.

Cardin uses this chance to attack Pyrrha from behind, but she dodge rolls under him, and launches a few shots at him, which Cardin deflects with his mace. The two the leap at each other, only for Pyrrha to land a kick on Cardin. They then land, only for Cardin to attack Pyrrha, but she dodges all of his blows, and kicks him back. Cardin regains his footing, and swings his mace at Pyrrha, but she deflects and the two clash weapons, only for Pyrrha to land some hits on Cardin, causing him to fumble back.

Russel ducks in under Cardin for a surprise attack, only for Pyrrha to block his attacks and knocks him to the ground, just as Dove moves in for an attack. After a couple of deflected swipes, he hires on her with his sword, but she is able to bull right through using her shield. Dove leaps back after avoiding one of Pyrrha's attacks, only to find himself one f knocked out of the fight by an errant swing from Cardin, who moves in for final attack assault, where he hits the ground, unleashing another column of fire, which Pyrrha swiftly dodges. She then attacks Cardin, knocking him into the air and then leaps to slam him into the ground.

"Ouch." Aptus winced. "That's gonna hurt in the morning."

"Yeah, she took them down so easily!" Ruby squealed in her seat.

"As always, Pyrrha the Invincible Girl prevails." Weiss said grinning after the beatdown Pyrrha gave Team CRDL.

"Sooo...Anyone else think she's getting some kind of personal enjoyment out of this? You know, because of the stuff that Cardin did last semester?" Yang joked as she sat by her teammates.

"Yeah, kinda feel bad for those guys now..." Ky told her. 

"..."

"..."

The duo looked at each other for three seconds before they burst out laughing. "I can't believe you were able to say that with a straight face!" Yang said, holding her stomach.

"I know, right!?"

This got a laugh out from Aptus, a giggle out of Ruby and an eyeroll from Weiss. The only person not reacting was Blake, who been quiet throughout the fight while reading a book.

Goodwitch approaches from behind Cardin who clutches his ribs. "And that's the match."She declared.

"Lucky shot." Cardin dizzly grumbled, collapsing seconds later.

"Well done, Miss Nikos." Goodwitch congratulated. "You should have no problem qualifying for the tournament."

"Thank you, professor." Pyrrha happily smiled in return.

Goodwitch tapped her tablet. "Alright, now I know that's a tough act to follow, but we have time for one more sparring match." She looked around at the observing students." Any volunteers? Ms. Belladonna?" This cause Blake to slam her book shut. "...You've been rather docile for the past few classes. Why don't you-"

"I would, ma'am," Aptus instantly answered with a hand up.

"Very well, Mr. Firebrand" Goodwitch agreed as she began tapping at her Scroll. "Let's see about finding you an opponent."

"Actually, if you don't mind, I already had someone in mind," Aptus confessed, earning him a curious look from the professor that prompted his to name the person in question. Hearing no protests from the teacher, Aptus declared, "I would like to fight Ky."

That got the attention of everyone in class as they all got pretty excited. Despite her otherwise neutral expression, even Goodwitch would admit that she was intrigued by how this fight would go but all the same, she was not going to force  into the match, and that was why she looked to him and asked, "Mister Virtus, do you have any opposition to this request?"

"Nope, I'm down!" Ky said with a smirk as he stood up. "Let's do this!"

"Very well. I'll let you both prepare for the match while Miss Nikos finds her seat," Goodwitch instructed.

Having that settled, the two combatants moved to prepare for their match, and soon enough, Ky and Aptus were standing center stage in the ring, combat gear ready and eager smirks on their faces.

"No holding back, right?"

"Of that's what you want, I won't hold back, but don't complain if I beat you up," Aptus said, smirking at his friend and then he activated his 'Undying Sunset' armor.

"Same to you," Ky said and he drew Bright Crest and Fallen Abyss, swinging them into a X then dropping into his wide stance.

Everyone was on the edge of their seats for this match-up, because it would promise to be a very exciting fight. Ruby certainly proved that with how she was flipping her gaze back and forth between Aptus, his 'Undying Sunset' Armor, Ky and his blades, clearly unable to decide which part of the fight she was more excited about. That, and she was unable to decide which of her two friends she should be cheering for right now, and from the look of things, Yang was not much better off, at least by a small margin. 

Immediately, Ky and Aptus dove at each other, clashing fist with blades. There was a major shockwave from the assault, causing rubble and dust clouds to fly. 

"Wildfire Wing Attack!" Aptus shouted, sending wing-like flames whipping out at Ky, who jumped to dodge.

The bluenette landed closely to Aptus. "Starwave Stream!" Ky shouted, and he and Aptus engaged each other as Ky performed his 16-hit combo. His attack grew strong in this attack, and Aptus was being pushed back, finally being toppled over by Ky's last attack.

The two roared as they engaged once more in a clashing of steel and fire, fighting full on.

Ky then knocking Aptus back and hitting him with a diving slash, to which Aptus struck hard with his Pyro Fist. The two canceled each other out, and another shockwave appeared, even bigger this time

"Yahoo!" Yang cheered. "Don't stop, you two!"

"Amazing," Weiss said with an astonished expression.

"I know, right!?" Ruby fangirled, as she watch the match. "Keep it up, you guys!"

Ky stumbled back from the shock waves and was completely engulfed in a massive cloud of dark black smoke. That made it nearly impossible to see his own hand let alone where Aptus could be in those moments. Ky turned his head left and right trying his best to get even a glimpse of his childhood friend with no success.

Said Faunus leapt into the air in that moment pausing as it appeared fire energy began to build in each of his hands. Ky retreated back as he prepared himself for whatever was coming before noticing the intensity of Aptus's smirk.

The look appeared devious and challenging, and Ky knew that this next attack was going to be massive.

"Brilliant Flame!" Aptus called out as he finally fired the orbs in his hands. They each quickly grew to the size of a small car as they approached Ky who looked on with narrowed eyes. 

He put as much power into his swing as he could as he batted away the first Orb with his Rhindon before batting away the next with his Fallen Abyss. It took everything in him just to prevent those two attacks from landing. The attacks each passed through the wall of flame and resulted in an explosion

The younger teen had only taken his eyes off of Aptus for the brief second it had taken to dodge his attack, but when Ky looked back up, his best friend was gone.

Hearing a noise behind him, Ky quickly whipped around to meet a massive flame that exploded against his chest. The bluenette was sent hurtling back but by performing a well timed roll managed to land on his feet. Just as he had gotten his barrings straight he found two rapidly spinning flame-engufled legs approaching him less than three feet away. "Blaze Dance!" Aptus exclaimed as he went in for the attack

 Ky only barely managed to deflect the attack with each blade before Aptus suddenly flipped several feet back and punched the air. "Flame Shot!" He yelled and sent a small barrage of fire balls towards Ky. The bluenette managed to dive out of the way of the first one before knocking away the next two with either blade. The resulting explosions sent debris clattering across the floor and a deafening boom that told Ky that Aptus was 'fired up.' Three more flaming orbs approached the young teen at a rapid rate leaving Ky only just enough time to raise Bright Crest towards the air and activate the 'Wind' dust.

In an instant the air around Ky whipped about in a rapid tornado-like current that immediately pulled in the three orbs as they made contact. The flames whipped about Ky harmlessly before he aimed Bright Crest towards Aptus's surprised form. The winds died down in that instant and Aptus's attack was sent hurting after him moving twice as fast as before.

Aptus only barely had time enough to utter under his breath "What the he-" before three rapid explosions engulfed him where he stood.

Ky stood still as he inspected the damage. In a few moments, the flames from his attack died down revealing a very annoyed looking Aptus.

The cocky smirk he got in return made his eye twitch.

"Did you really think you could hurt me with my own attack?" he asked in an agitated tone.

"Maybe not, but it sure felt good to do it." Ky responded entering his spread out, dual wielding stance. "My turn!" With that, he teleported from view.

In a matter of only a few seconds Ky appeared in front of Aptus tore into his opponent with a whirlwind of blinding slashes from each blade. Each blow hit its mark as his weapons forced Aptus's body to contort and bend around his wild but precise swings. Finally, Ky ended the barrage of blows by driving the hilt of his Fallen Abyss into Aptus stomach forcing the teen to double over in pain before reeling back and arching both of his blades upward catching Aptus's outstretched head and sending him flipping backwards.

The armored teen managed to get his feet under him as he skidded across the ground before coming to a complete stop. It was several seconds before Aptus groaned and slowly started to push himself up off the ground. Rubbing the part of his face where Ky's final blow had struck him, he called out "Sheesh when did you learn how to do all that?"

Ky grinned confidently "I picked up a few things while I was away."

"Yeah, I can see that." Aptus responded as he rolled his neck around a bit. Although each and every attack had found their mark, Ky failed to find even a single scratch on Aptus's armor.

Deciding to go on the offensive, Ky went sprinting towards Aptus crossing his arms as he readied his two weapons on either side of his body before leaping across the arena. Ky descended on Aptus rapidly before spreading his arms apart with a massive force, hoping to catch his friend in the middle of the two blades.

To his surprise, Aptus managed to raise his left gauntlet in time between both blades, halting Ky's attack mid swings. The elder teen shot him smirk before stepping forward, with the two still locked in this strained position Aptus's movement forced Ky's arms to pin crossed against his chest. Aptus positioned his lips to Ky's ear before saying, "You're turn to fly, 'pal'."

Shoving hard, Aptus sent Ky stumbling back before raising his arms and generating two massive swirling balls of flames in each hand. Aptus's warning came true as he threw each beach ball sized orb at Ky's still staggering form. Not having enough time or space to avoid the attack, Ky was forced to make an X with his weapons and grimace as the twin Orbs made impact as his feet.

The resulting explosions completely engulfed Ky before sending him flying like a bullet up and out of the bubble of erupting flame. Ky did his best ignore the pain spreading out across his body, telling himself that his aura had protected him from the brute of the damage as he tried to re-orient himself midair. His eyes snapped open as Aptus shot through the air and collided with his Bright Crest which he had only managed to position a split second earlier.

Aptus fire-powered gauntlet grinded against Ky's blades as sparks flew from the clash before the fox Faunus pushed Ky back slightly.  "Salamander Break!" He shouted, planted a hand on the ground and brought his leg, now set ablaze, hurling towards Ky.

The bluentte attempted to raise Fallen Abyss in time but was just a split second too late as the hot steel met with the side of his head. The resulting 'CRACK' sent Ky hurtling to the ground where he bounced against the stone before coming to a slow stop.

It was his turn this time to groan in pain as he rolled over to face the celing. Ky s knew that his childhood friend was a force to be reckoned with, but still, the pain he was feeling across his body was not something he had been exprecting. The young teen rose to his feet before shooting an annoyed look across the arena at Aptus's smug expression.

"What's wrong buddy?" he mocked "Did ya think I would be going down easily?"

Ky managed to climb to his feet, just as Aptus channeled Aura into his gauntlets and powered up more fire.

Seeing this, Ky charged at great speeds at Aptus, charging Aura into his blades as they glowed a bright blue. "Eclipse!"

"Crimson Blade Vortex!" Aptus shouted, and he swiped his hands around, creating a long torrents of flames. He then sent them in a spiraling formation at Ky, who did his best to go through it at his speed. He kept drawing closer and closer, continuously getting damaged by Aptus's attack, but he didn't falter as he kept slashing at the flames over and over. He came right on top of Aptus, his blades shining strongly with is attack. Aptus slammed his hands together, causing the flames to enclose around them just as Ky thrusted his weapons forward.

(Song ends)

From outside, the only thing everyone else could see was Ky and Aptus at close range before the flames engulfed them. That was the last thing they saw in a short second before there was a massive explosion, and a shockwave caused the entire arena to erupt with rubble, flinging it into the air. Everyone in the stands held themselves as the shockwave passed over them. The only ones that didn't looked phased from the attack was Goodwitch, as she used her Semblance to keep it at bay. 

When the shockwave passed, and the dust cleared once more, everyone saw Ky and Aptus on their backs, groaning in pain. The entire place was wrecked and torn apart. Even parts of the stands got hit hard by it. There was a long pause as the crowd witnessed the results of the fight. Finally, Goodwitch's voice broke the silence.

"T-This as never happened before!" She said in awe, "In a twist of fate, this match has ended in a draw as both contenders aura has dropped at the same time and they are unable to continue!" There was a pause, then the crowd cheered at the sheer intensity of the fight they had just witnessed. They praised for the efforts of both fighters.

"Hehe. Not bad, Ap." Ky chuckled through his groaning.

 "You too, pal." Aptus also chuckled through his own groans of pain. "Ah, it hurts to laugh."

*RING*

The sound of the bell jolts Blake who was begining to nod off.

"That is all for today." Glynda announced. "And remember, the dance is this weekend. But you all have your first mission on Monday. I will not accept any excuses."

The girls of RWBYK walked off the stage together and walked over to Ky and Aptus, who were still on the ground.

"THAT WAS AWESOME!" Ruby cheered, running over to Ky. "Way to represent team RWBYK, Ky!"

"Thanks, Rosebud" Was Ky's reponse.

"That was super intense. First time I've seen you get fired up, Aptus," Yang commented, her hands on her hips.

"Well, you know...nothing like a good old fight to keep the blood pumping." Aptus said, as he climbed to his feet with a pained groan. "It's a good thing we decided to hold back in that fight, otherwise, we've done more damage than that."

"Holding back!? Did you not see the damage you guys caused?" Yang said, pointing at the mess Goodwitch was now fixing.

"Ah, that's nothing compared to what we did back in Twilight Town," Ky said jokingly. "We ended up putting someone out of business because of property damage."

"Reckless nature aside..." Weiss stepped forward "I supposed you really did well out there." She said, looking away with her arms crossed.

"What's this? I'm getting complimented by the infamous Snow White?" Ky teased, still on the ground. "I feel so honored."

This got a snicker from the others and Weiss huffed. "Shut it, you dunce!"

"Soo...you planning on getting up anytime soon Ky?" Yang asked, raising her eyebrow.

"I'd love to, but after that fight it just feels so comfortable, you know?" Ky remarked. "Plus, I'm kinda sore...all over."

Ruby giggled at this. "Don't worry, I'll help you." She then squatted down and help Ky to his feet, as she placed his arm over her shoulder and wrapped her arm around him to keep him steady. "Better?"

"Yeah, thanks Rosebud." Ky told her with a toothy grin, that made Ruby's heart flutter from the sight of it.

"S-Sure."

"Alright then, let's get a move on people!" Yang declared as the group left the room with Blake's head still in a book as Emerald was seen leaning against a pillar watching them go. She looked over to see Mercury walking towards her.

"Did you hear that? Those two were apparently holding back." Mercury muttered. "Think they might be a problem?"

"I'm not sure..." Emerald said. "But we should watch out for them, just to be sure. Especially Ky."

"Man, and here I thought that Nikkos girl was going to be a problem..."

XXXXXXX

[Outside]

Outside, Sun stood with the rest of his team, which consisted of Neptune and two other men. The first consisted of a man with red hair that came down over his right eye, with the left side of his head being shaved. There were a number of red markings around his left eye. He wore a green earring on his left ear, and had a red coat draped over his left side. On his right hand, he wore a fingerless glove, and on his right bicep, he had a gray band. He wore a white sleeveless shirt and light gray pants. He also wore a pair of long, brown, laced boots. Around his waist, he wore a slightly slanted gray belt.

The second person was a teenage boy with dark skin and yellow eyes. His hair was also sage green and he appeared to have tattoos on his chest and around his neck. He wore a white and green asymmetrical long coat with his chest completely bare under it. His jacket also had a golden pauldron on his right shoulder and a golden cuff around his left wrist. He also wore a pair of dark pants with a yellow belt.

Sun looks over and spots Blake before running after her. "Hey Blake!" He called out. "You uh, doing okay?"

"I'm fine." Blake answered, closing her book while looking at the monkey faunus.

"So I hear that there's this dance going on this weekend, and it sounds pretty lame, but you and me, I'm thinking, not as lame, huh?" Sun said.

"What?" Blake asked.

"The dance! This weekend! You wanna go, or what?" Sun asked.

"I don't have time for a stupid dance. I thought you of all people would get that." Blake stated, walking away past her team as Sun sunk from his rejection.

 Ky and ther others looked at her with concern. "Is it me or does Shadow-Cat seem a little... hostile lately?" He asked.

"It gotta be the investigation." Aptus sighed while crossing his arms.

"We should talk to her." Ruby said as the group all nodded in agreement.

XXXXXXX

[Team RWBYK's Dorm Room]

"You what?!" was the question that came in a very shrill voice from Blake to her teammates and Aptus a few hours later.

"We want you to go to the dance," Yang calmly repeated. "You look like you could use a night to just unwind and have fun."

"Don't be ridiculous," Blake scoffed.

"We're not; we're just worried about you. Blake. This investigation is really starting to have a bad effect on you," Aptus calmly insisted.

Weiss had no problem listing off the concerns she and the rest of the team had for their resident cat Faunus, thinking that might help prove their point. "You can't sleep, you hardly eat, and to be honest, your grades have been suffering."

"You think I care about grades?! People's lives are at stake," Blake reminded them.

"We know, and we're all still trying to figure out what Torchwick is up to," Yang reassured her. 

"Thanks to you, Aptus and Sun, we know that they're operating somewhere outside of South East Vale." Ruby told them.

 "And, the Schnee Dust Company company records Vale as the primary target for Dust robberies over the last few months." Weiss added on.

"Don't forget about theirs missing military tech too..." Aptus muttered.

"That's all good, but there are still unanswered questions," Blake pointed out.

"Shadow-Cat, you won't be able to find answers for any of them if you can't even keep your eyes open." Ky countered. "I mean, even the best huntsmen need to take some time to rest and recuperate."

"Ky's right. We're just asking for you to take it easy for one day," Yang insisted.

"It'll be fun, especially since Yang and I are planning the whole thing," Weiss proudly revealed.

"Excuse me?" Blake questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Team CFVY still hasn't gotten back from their mission, so we were asked to pick up where they left off. That means we can make sure that we all have the perfect night," Yang explained. "And once it's all over, we'll return to our investigation, rested and ready. It'll be great!"

"So, what do you think?" Ruby pried, hoping that she would get a positive answer. 

"...I think this is a colossal waste of time," Blake practically hissed, and she then stood up and marched out of the room without another word.

"...Well, that went great," Yang sadly sighed.

"Our cat girl is heading into the dark side..." Ky groaned out.

"She can't keep going like this," Weiss agreed, and she was about to offer up some ideas on what they could do when they all heard a knock at the door. Weiss walked over and opened the door, though was taken back by the person who stood on the other side

"Weiss~," Jaune sang as he strummed the guitar in his arms, only to be cut off when Weiss slammed the door in his face. 

"Goddamn it, Jaune..." Ky facepalmed.

"Oh come on. Open the door," Jaune moaned miserably as he knocked again. "I promise not to sing again." Against her better judgment, Weiss figured she might as well see what he wanted, and opened the door, only to have her ears assaulted with a few more strums of Jaune's guitar. "I lied~!"

'No kidding,' all three girls thought, but while Weiss was mentally groaning the thought, Ruby and Yang were both thinking it in a more amused sense.

"Weiss Schnee~, will accompany me~, to the dance on...Sunday!"

"Are you done?" Weiss asked bluntly.

"Yes?" Jaune said with a shrug.

"No." Weiss said, shutting the the door in his face. Turning around, she saw the others staring at her. "What?"

Both Yang and Ruby stood precariously.

"Damn, that was ice cold," Aptus commented. "I don't even think my fire could melt that."

"And that is why they call her the Ice Queen." Yang said before Ruby finally collapsed as Ky went over to help her up.

"All my life, boys have only cared about the perks of my last name." Weiss stated. "Besides, I already have a date in mind." Weiss stated.

"What? Did you threaten to freeze him with your glare?" Ky snickered.

"Shut up!"

"Date or no date, none of this will matter if we can't get Blake to go." Ruby stated, as the others looked down in agreement.

XXXXXXX

[With Jaune and Pyrrha]

Pyrrha and Jaune are sparring at their spot on the roof. Jaune appears to gain the upper hand until Pyrrha sweeps his legs out from under him.

"Well done." Pyrrha chuckled as she helped Jaune get back up on his feet. "Your swordplay improved immensely."

"I couldn't have done it without you." Jaune smiled.

"So, are you ready to move on to Aura?" Pyrrha asked.

"I'm actually thinking maybe we just skip Aura for tonight?" Jaune suggested. "Might go on a jog or something."

"Come on, I know you get frustrated, but you must keep trying." Pyrrha encouraged. "I'm sure you'll discover your Semblance any day now."

"That's not it. It's just..." Jaune paused for a moment while stuttering. "It's dumb."

"What is it? Pyrrha asked as she approached Jaune and placed her hand on his shoulder. "Jaune, you know you can tell me."

"It's... Weiss." Jaune confessed, causing Pyrrha to look slightly sad.

"Oh. What about her?" She asked.

"I asked her to the dance and she shot me down." Jaune said giggling halfheartedly as it turns into a sigh. "Big surprise, right?"

"Well, I believe the saying goes: There's plenty of fish in the sea." Pyrrha said.

"That's easy for you to say." Jaune sighed. You've probably got guys clamoring over each other just to ask you out."

"You'd be surprised." Pyrrha chuckled halfheartedly.

"Oh please. If you don't get a date to the dance, I'll wear a dress." Jaune said as he walks away.

Pyrrha dropped her smile and looked rather upset. She knows that winning his affection wasn't going to be easy.

XXXXXXX

[With Cinder, Mercury and Emerald]

Cinder was currently sewing a black dress as she's sitting on her bed. Meanwhile, Emerald was looking through her scroll, and Mercury was laying down while reading a comic book.

Mercury was waiting as Emerald spoke of Pyrrha. "Pyrrha Nikos. Also known as the Invincible Girl."

"Do tell." Cinder encouraged.

"From what I've hear, her Semblance is Polarity, but you'd never know by watching her. She doesn't broadcast her power instead she uses it to make people think she's untouchable. A slight adjustment here. A stray bullet there. A normal opponent would be at a disadvantage." Emerald informed.

"People assume she's fated for victory when she's really taken fate into her own hands. Interesting." Cinder turned to Mercury. "What about this 'Aptus' person? You said that he can ignite himself on fire, correct?"

"Yeah, I believe it's a part of his semblance." Mercury said as he sat up.

"Go on." Cinder said as she kept sewing.

"His semblance is Majestic Flames." Emerald said. "It says that he's not only capable of setting anything on fire, but he's also capable of breathing fire and utilizing his attacks to his advantage. He can use that fancy armor of his to increase his destructive power."

"Not only that, he was able to hold his own against Ky in their match earlier. Though it seemed like they were holding back a lot."

"Hmm...a fire user and the 'Light'. My, that's an interesting team." Cinder said with a devious smirk. "Add them to the list, along with girl." She ordered as Emerald began adding them to a list.

"I'm sure you can beat Nikkos and Hot-Head without breaking a sweat." Mercury told Cinder.

"It's not about overpowering your enemies." Cinder said. "It's about taking away what power they have. We'll deal with them in the future." 

"What about Ky?" Emerald asked. "He could be the most dangerous out of them all."

"We'll leave him to Centurion and Xerxes." Cinder replied. "If he happens to get our way before then...we'll simply strike when he least expect it. For now, we wait."

"I hate waiting." Mercury whined, as he laid back down.

"Don't worry, Mercury." Cinder reassured. "We have a fun weekend ahead of us."

XXXXXXX

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDD DONE! I really wanted to get through this chapter and get to the moment you've all been waiting for. *wink* Next chapter will finally be the Beacon Dance, so look forward to that!

Anyways, I'll see you guys next time! Read and Review!

Stormy out!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4K 464 12
Continuation of the last story, hope you all enjoy After your first semester in Beacon you've been having having a great time, you and Ruby got toget...
1.5K 28 12
Team RWBY and their friend are back and ready for their second semester at Beacon, an academy that trains the world's strongest fighters. But real l...
20.4K 204 12
You are back with the rest if Team RWBY and you are ready for your second semester at beacon. This is the sequel to rwby x male reader volume 1.
544 1 12
It's the start of the Vytal Festival tournament! Where the Kingdoms Academy's students fighting against each other to wen for there Kingdom. But whil...