The Game Changer | a Dead by...

By Thorismyslut

[ DISCONTINUED ] You were walking in the woods with your dog at night, both enjoying the peace and quiet. But... More

A walk in the woods
Ezio for president
Sweet dreams
Bloody mess
The Newbies
a Weird Trial
The spies
The Change

A shocking trial

4.3K 96 53
By Thorismyslut

Everything was dark around you. You could tell that someone was near. You opened you eyes and noticed you were laying on cold wet tiles. You sat up straight and looked around you. There were a hospital beds scattered around the place and large pieces of wood bundled together.

You saw a generator in the distance. "What in the-" you were soon cut off by a survivor, "Hey I've never seen you in here before. I'm Nea." Nea held out a hand to help you up and you quickly thanked her.

Nea wore a dark grey beanie and a green shirt. "Hi, thank you, I'm [Y/N]." You breathed out. "Nice to meet you, [Y/N]! I wish we could talk some more but we really need to do generators right now." She pointed at the generator a few meters away from you two.

Right, we got to do generators. How in the world am I supposed to do that? I'm no technician, I'm just a dog owner, you thought. "Alright, so how do we fix this thing?" You asked unenthusiastically.

Nea scooted over to your position and pointed at wires and buttons. "First you gotta match the wiring, yellow goes with yellow, blue goes with blue, easy right?" She quickly explained.

You nodded as she continued. "When you're done with the wiring you gotta turn these things until they click, you need to listen very closely because if you turn it too far the generator might explode, trust me on this one."

"Alright then you gotta turn this handle and push these buttons. Finally you screw everything tight so we know that's done." Nea explained. You nodded trying to remember everything she said.

You glanced at Nea, "But I don't have a screwdriver, do you?"

Nea giggled and playfully pushed your shoulder, "Me neither, too bad I don't have a toolbox with me." She teased.

Nea crouched to her own spot and started repairing the generator. After a minute or so the generator was done. Your heartbeat suddenly started beating faster, for no reason whatsoever. "Alright stay here, I'm going to distract the killer for a bit." Nea whispered.

You nodded and started looking for another generator. "Over here!" Nea shouted. This place is crazy, you didn't even know who the killer was. That was until you were electrocuted by the ground. Sounds weird but it was true. You screamed your lungs out, so did someone else in another room.

You walked into the other room and saw a man who was wearing a damaged coat, sunglasses and a cap. He was carrying a toolbox with him, it looked brand new. He was cleansing some sort of totem. A few sticks with human skulls bundled up together, yikes. "Oh hello there amore, I didn't see you coming in this room." The male greeted with an Italian accent as he moved his cap up.

"I'm Ace Visconti by the way, nice to meet you." Ace piped up. He broke the totem and a wave of energy rushed through your body. "You'll get used to it. Anyways, what's your name fiore?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, my name's [Y/N]" you smiled sheepishly. You two were now heading towards a gen. The generator was in a weird room with multiple televisions on the ceiling. Underneath the televisions was some kind of heater.

"Come on fiore we gotta do a generator now, we need to make some progress." Ace mentioned.

You two were both repairing the generator until you both heard a scream, could it be Nea? "Ah Dannazione that's Claudette!" Ace groaned.

I glanced at Ace, "Claudette? Who's Claudette? I've only seen Nea."

Ace stopped working on the gen and stood up, "Nea? That's great, she's an excellent distraction and can fool the killer easily. Claudette however is a botanist, she's the best healer of the team." Ace smiled.

"And me? I'm just lucky." He smirked and patted your shoulder. "You keep doing that generator fiore, I'll be right back." He comforted.

"Wait, what? What happened to her?" You asked worriedly.

Ace's brows furrowed and his expression saddened, "She got thrown on a hook, literally. I need to pull her off the hook or else she'll get sacrificed by the entity."

What? We get hooked? Just like butchers do with their animals? Oh no, hell no I'm not about this life. Evan didn't say anything about hooks!

"Take care il mio amore." Ace rubbed your shoulder and said goodbye. He quickly ran away looking for Claudette while you still sat there being confused and scared.

You didn't even notice you were turning the button too far and the generator exploded. You quickly shielded your face with your hands to avoid the sparks that were coming from the generator. You sighed, knowing that you had to continue or else you wouldn't get out.

Your heart started beating once again, it must've been the killer. You quickly looked around for a place to hide in. You saw a locker on your left and you quickly jumped into it, shutting the locker door as quiet as possible.

A large male stomped into the room and looked around, it was the Doctor. You noticed the sparks coming off of him and his white lab coat. He suddenly kicked the generator with great force. You mentally cringed, all that work for nothing.

The doctor shifted his gaze your way, his eyes never leaving the locker. Your breath hitched as you put your hands in front of your mouth.

The Doctor opened the locker with great force. He hit his weapon right next to your head which made you jump,

"I apologise Fraulein, I have to do zhis."

Your eyes widened in fear, "Wait, no! Please don't hook me! I don't want to be sacrificed yet, please!" You begged, but Herman picked you up and put you on his shoulder instead.

You tried to struggle out of his iron grasp but with no success. You kept begging not to be hooked, but the Doctor didn't even budge. You noticed a hook in the distance and began struggling even more. Your eyes teared up as you couldn't see a way to escape.

Herman slowly put you on the hook and apologized once again, "Please don't cry Fraulein, I'm so sorry." The cold and dirty hook forced its way through your chest with a disgusting noise. Blood splurted out of your chest all over the place. You could feel your skin tearing apart, a burning shock went through your body. You screamed your lungs out, you've never experienced this much pain before. When the doctor walked away you kept whimpering and crying.

He wasn't sorry, I'm sure he wasn't. I'm never going to trust this madman ever again. You thought to yourself with anger, but also hopelessness bubbling inside you.

You hung lifelessly on the hook, not moving an inch. Your head was facing the ground, looking around would hurt you even more.

After a minute or so, someone appeared in front of you. You haven't seen her before, it must've been Claudette. "I got you, I have a medkit with me." Claudette comforted, pulling you off the hook.

Your breath hitched as the iron slid off your body like butter. "Thank you so much." You breathed out.

Claudette nodded and opened her medkit, "You must be [Y/N], Ace told me about you." Claudette mentioned as she grabbed a bandaid. "Alright, try arching your back so I can patch you up." Claudette suggested. You nodded and did what she said.

Everything was going by so fast, a loud hum was heard throughout the  building. "Oh, another generator is completed, only 3 more left." Claudette piped up, smiling at you. You tried smiling back at her, but it wouldn't appear.

Once Claudette finished patching you up you two went to find another generator. Well that's too bad because the doctor appeared out of nowhere, you both split up and ran.

The Doctor seemed to go after Claudette, he sent a wave of electricity her way. Claudette screamed at the top of her lungs while the doctor laughed in a high pitched voice.

You searched many rooms but didn't see a generator, you only heard one. You went after the sound and noticed people were working on it. You peeked around the corner and saw Ace repairing the generator with Nea.

"Ciao fiore!" Ace chirped.

"Oh hi there [Y/N]! Long time no see." Nea greeted.

"I'm so sorry we couldn't get you off the hook fiore, the Doctor was chasing us." Ace explained. "Come on and join us to help with the generator!" You nodded and sat down, matching the wires.

With the three of you working on a generator, it went way faster than you had expected. The generator lit up and another loud hum roared through the building.

"Damnit, my toolbox ran out."

"What? How? Tools should like endure forever... right?" You asked with a confused tone.

"I don't know, the tools are very brittle." Ace answered.

"Guys look what I found!" Nea waved a pebble in the air.

You looked up, so did Ace, "A pebble, what for?" You asked. "To distract the killer of course! Watch this, YEET!" Nea threw the pebble to the other side of the map. It looked like a waste, but the doctor eventually appeared out of nowhere and went to investigate.

"He can hear a pebble, and not you shouting?" You teased. "Well, what can I say, a pebble a day keeps the doctor away." Nea shrugged and sneaked off

You and Ace shared glances at each other for a few seconds.

"So.. Generators. 2 more to go." Ace said sheepishly.

"Right, generators. Let's go" you quickly followed.

Just as you two were about to go further another scream was heard. It was different than Claudette's scream so it must've been Nea. A lump formed in your throat, "Ace, I'll go and save her. You saved Claudette last time. Go and do the generator." You demanded.

Ace's expression saddened, "If you say so fiore, I'll be right there if anything happens to you." Ace comforted. You nodded and sneaked off.

Nea wasn't as far away as you thought she'd be. You ran up to her and unhooked her, "I guess the pebble didn't work that well.." Nea trailed off. You grinned, "Don't worry about it, I got your back." You smiled.

Nea limped with you by her side as a support, heading towards the generator Ace was on.

When you two were about to walk around the corner you saw the doctor attacked Claudette, she screamed and fell on the ground. You trembled back in fear, another generator hummed through the building.
The doctor rubbed his hands together and electricity formed. He passed the electricity on both of her temples which made Claudette scream in agony. The doctor laughed maniacally as he kept electrocuting her until she stopped moving. The doctor laid Claudette on her back. You could see  smoke coming from her burnt eyes.

Watching this was truly traumatizing, were the killers even allowed to do that? They were supposed to sacrifice survivors by using the hooks! You and Nea ran away together, not daring to look back. The doctor sent electricity your way, making both you and Nea scream.

The Doctor chased after Nea while you were running to god knows where. "No.. No I didn't even heal her yet.. I don't even know how to heal those injuries.." You mumbled to yourself.

You screamed in shock as you almost bumped into the Doctor in front of you, He was standing completely still. You hesitantly walked towards him. He suddenly disappeared. Wait, am I hallucinating? What is going on? I'm going insane. This can't be happening.

You clinged your hands around your head and sat on the ground, trying to snap out of it. You heard running in the distance, the doctor must've found you. I guess this is the end. Wait, these footsteps were lighter, way lighter.

"I'm so sorry you had to see that fiore." A familiar voice said, Ace! You stood up and hugged him, which surpised him at first, but he eventually hugged you back.

"What the hell was that?" You cried out. Ace patted your back, quietly shushing you. "I didn't know he brought a mori with him. Killers have an option to bring a memento mori with them in a trial.  The Entity would allow them to kill someone by their own hands when a survivor is hooked once." Ace explained, patting your back.

This made you stress out even more, you've been hooked once too. And so did Nea, if she gets hit by the doctor she would experience the same thing Claudette went through.

Ace broke the hug and brought out a flashlight, "I got this from a chest, you can have it fiore." He handed you the flashlight. You didn't really understand why a flashlight would be necessary, the building was lit already.

"You're supposed to shine it in the killers' eyes, It'll stun them for a while." You slowly nodded and took the flashlight.

"Thanks, I'll use it well." You cracked a smile.

Ace returned a smile and lead you through the dark hallways. One more generator to go, this should be easy, right? You two started repairing a generator once again. As the generator was halfly done a scream was heard. It was Nea's scream. This was it, you couldn't do anything to help her right now. You couldn't use your flashlight either since there's no use while the killer is actually killing someone. "Come on [Y/N], we need to finish this and we'll get out." You nodded as your facial expression saddened.

The generator was almost done and you could hear your heartbeat coming out of your chest. Ace looked around himself and saw the Doctor running at the end of the hallway. "I'll distract him fiore, don't worry about me. Finish the generator and open the exit gates as soon as possible." Ace demanded.

You nodded and started screwing the Generator up. Once you were done with that, you moved yourself to the closest exit. You pulled the handle down and waited for it to open. You could hear Ace being hooked from a far, you sweat like crazy. There was only one red bulb lit up.

And there it was, the crazy heartbeat again. You glanced over your shoulder and saw the doctor charging at you. You ran away from your post and quickly vaulted over an opening between the rooms. The doctor was right behind you, you ran from room to room but the doctor still managed to keep his pace. And then you saw it, a pallet. You ran towards the pallet and threw it on the doctor.

The doctor let out a frustrated laugh and broke it with ease. Your eyes widened as you tightly gripped on your flashlight. You shone the light right into his eyes which made him hit the wall. "That's what you get you bastard!" You shouted.

You dipped and noticed that the exit gate was being opened by someone. You sprinted your way towards the exit and saw Ace standing there. "Ace? How did you get off the hook?" You asked in surprisement.

Ace shrugged, "I jumped off myself, I told you I was lucky."

"Wait, that's possible?"

"Well yes, but actually no."

"Alrighty then."

You walked through the gates with Ace. "I guess this is it, huh?"

"Yeah. It was quite a ride." Ace mentioned.

And so, the two of you ran out of this hellhole, the Doctor watching you two from behind.

The two of you ran through a field of tall grass for a while and got sent to a campfire, this campfire was different than before. There were only survivors present in this camp. You looked around and were happy to see Nea and Claudette. You also noticed Steve and Nancy from Stranger things.

"hey look, the new survivor has arrived." A girl with a guitar on her lap announced. The others turned their attention towards you. "This right here is [Y/N]" Ace introduced, "She's a great addition to the team." He added.

"Well, Howdy [Y/N] I'm Kate, Kate Denson to be exact." She smiled.

A group of friends appeared in front of you; A guy with glasses and a white shirt, a girl with ginger braids, a guy in a lab coat, Claudette and an asian guy with black fluffy hair.

"Claudette, are you okay?" You asked in worry. Claudette nodded, "Yeah, I am. This happens every now and then. I'm sorry you had to see that in your very first trial." Claudette answered. "Anyways, here are my best friends!" She chirped.

"I'm Dwight." The guy in glasses said. "My name is Adam." The guy in the lab coat introduced. "I'm Meg-" she was soon cut off by the asian guy with fluffy hair, "And I'm Jake." He smiled. "Well, it's nice to meet you guys." You giggled.

"Hey [Y/N]! Over here!" Nea shouted. There was an asian girl and a guy who looked like he hadn't slept in months with her. You quickly said goodbye to Claudette and her friends and walked towards Nea. "I want you to meet Feng and Quentin, say hello guys!" They both greeted you sheepishly and waved their hands.

Nea tossed her arm around you shoulder and made you sit on a stump. "Alright let me introduce everyone for you. You see those two guys?" She pointed at 2 men who were playing rock paper scissors. One of them had long hair, a beard and a scar on his face, while the other had black clothing and was bruised around his nose. You nodded as she continued, "The guy with the beard is called Jeff, he calls himself an artist and is very kind. The one in front of him who currently lost with rock paper scissors is David. David has a temper and you don't want to mess with him. Except when he's drunk, you don't want to see him when he's drunk."

You glanced at Nea, "How do you guys even get alcohol in here?" Nea shrugged, "We made a bet with the Clown." you raised a brow at her but shrugged it off.

"Anyways, next up is the Fabulous girl group how I like to call it." Nea pointed towards the group with 4 girls; Kate, Laurie Strode A.K.A Angel Myers, a latin-American woman with a bun and a blonde japanese girl with goggles. "I know Kate and Laurie, but who are the other two?" You asked. "The woman with the bun is Jane Romero, she has her own tv-show, crazy right? Anyways, the one with goggles is Yui. She's a badass, Yui was a great street racer!" Nea fangirled.

"Alright, next up is the boomers." She pointed at a group of 4 men. Ace, Ash Williams from the evil dead, Bill from left 4 dead and David Tapp from the SAW franchise. I guess video game characters exist. Those were a lot of names you had to remember, but you knew it would be worth it.

[A/N] Bro so many words in this one. I like- spent a day writing this while playing dbd and eating spoicy noodles. I could've introduced the survivors in the next chapter but I thought, nah.

Word count: 3248

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

528K 10.2K 37
Do you ever just play Dead By Daylight and think to yourself, "dang, I wish I could date this person. Too bad they're a fictional character" or, "hol...
268 89 39
A story with plot twists and heart stopping moments guaranteed to keep you wanting more with an ending no one would expect. ...
837 27 5
things always get better. and all things must end. *content warning*
24.1K 1K 20
Y/N has just left her parent's home after finally turning 18 but they don't really have anywhere to go nor do they have a job. After wandering around...