Lifeline

By ndallejoy

She clung to people. He ran from people. She was broken. He thought he could mend her. She lost a baby. ... More

Chapter 1; Stalker Ex
Chapter 2; It's Not a Date.
Chapter 3; Emily.
Chapter 4; My Hope.
Chapter 5; Thank you.
Chapter 6; Good night.
Chapter 7; Coffee Thingy.
Chapter 8; Friends.
Author's Note
Chapter 9; Meet the Chef.
Chapter 10; Meet Emily.
Chapter 12; Dad!
Chapter 13; Idina Menzel.
Chapter 14; Loss.
Chapter 15; Lie.
Chapter 16; Daddy?
Chapter 17; Pure Bliss.
Chapter 18; Love at First Sight.
Chapter 19; Not Exactly.
Chapter 20; Diamonds, Bills and Parents.
Chapter 21; Secrets.
Chapter 22; Christmas Wishes.
Chapter 23; Time.
Chapter 24; Gone.
Chapter 25; Pain.
Chapter 26; Lifeline.
Chapter 27; Breakdown.
Chapter 28; Thanksgiving.
Chapter 29; Forgive me yet?
Chapter 30; I have a Girlfriend.
Chapter 31; Christmas Eve.
Chapter 32; For real this time...
Chapter 33; Afternoon After.
Chapter 34; New Year in LA.
Chapter 35; The Police.
Chapter 36; The Therapist (Part 1)
Chapter 37; Olivia.
Chapter 38; Emily's Birthday.
Chapter 39; Meet the CEO.
Chapter 40; The FiancΓ©e, Engaged?
Chapter 41; The Therapist(Part 2); Find your Parents.
Chapter 42; The Russells.
Chapter 43; Los Angeles.
Chapter 44; Warren King.
Chapter 45; Ethan's POV.
Chapter 46; Not Goodbye.
Chapter 47; I'm sorry.
Chapter 48; Baby.
Chapter 49; Marry me Again.
Chapter 50; Deal.
Chapter 51; Epilogue.
Author's Note...😭

Chapter 11; It's Official.

4.2K 254 22
By ndallejoy

"The heart wants what the heart wants." Anonymous (I think).

"Thank you." Ethan told me as I handed over his glass of water.

We were both seated at the kitchen island after he'd bravely introduced himself to Emily and succeeded in convincing her to clean up the living room while we made our way to the kitchen.

The guy even had a way with kids. I had never been able to get Emily to clean up after herself. I guess I should bring him around more often.

"You don't have to explain." He said smiling softly at me. We hadn't addressed the elephant in the room yet, it being the revelation that I had a daughter.

"But I should." I answered.

"You could, if you want to. I just want you to know, it doesn't make me think any less of you or change my feelings towards you." He looked at me like Liv looked at a rare diamond on sale. "Not even by a tiny bit." He concluded smiling again.

"If you keep smiling at me like that I won't be able to respond coherently." Great! That had to be the first thing out of my mouth. I could feel the heat creeping up my cheeks already. I'm positive I looked like a tomato already.

He laughed. You know the kind of laugh that makes you forget you just embarrassed yourself and join in, yeah, that kind of laugh. So contagious, and worry free.

We laughed our butts off for at least two or so minutes, we looked so ridiculous, well in my eyes anyway.

I finally spoke after we fell into silence again.

"I'm sorry, I'm very straightforward most times I think my brain didn't get the memo this time."

I looked at him just to find him holding back a laugh.

"I'm not that funny." I state.

That sobered him up. "Okay then. You were saying..." He said.

"Can I ask you a question?" I spoke again

"Ignoring the fact that you already did, go ahead." He smirked.

This guy really knew how to make me blush and be irked at the same time.

"A while ago, you were willing to try whatever this is. It makes me wonder why, you barely know me and for all we know this could just be a temporary physical attraction and a waste of time. I have a daughter and I can't risk a relationship which is unstable, that's why I let you meet her before you made up your mind." I took a deep breath before looking up at him again. I can't believe he's taller than me even when we're sitting down.

He was still smiling, that should be a good sign.

"I didn't get the question part in all what you said." He said chuckling.

"What?"

"You were to ask a question, key word being question," he emphasized "I didn't get that part."

Of course you ranted without getting to the point. Great job Ken. Really, I'm proud.

I couldn't help realize how sarcastic my thoughts were.

"I'm sorry. I meant to ask why you're interested in me?" I mumbled looking down at my hands which rested on the table.

Before I could say more, I felt his warm hands enclose mine causing my eyes to shoot up in his direction. I was already redder than a fire truck, so I gave up.

"I understand what you're worried about," he said softly which only made his voice sound even huskier.
"We're only strangers, I know, but I also know I can feel at ease around you, you make me laugh, you're independent and hard-working, you have a well groomed child which is a very difficult thing to find nowadays. What I'm trying to say is, I would be a tool if I let you go because I don't know every single detail about you. I know enough to make me stay. It's a bonus you're drop dead gorgeous, smart and kind enough to help a stranger in a restroom. It may be too soon but I like you Kendra Wilson and as I said before, I'd like to see where this goes." He finished.

You're probably wondering what my reaction was. Well here's a fact about myself I forgot to mention.

"Are you crying?" He asked his eyes wide. I couldn't help it. I burst out laughing while the tears kept falling. If he was to change his mind, now would be a good time.

"Sorry," I tried to calm down "I should have mentioned God created me with leaking eyes before." I laughed again. I swear I'm worst than a pregnant woman.

He smiled still holding my hands in his warm ones effectively warming them up.

"I'm just glad he created you." He said. I thought I couldn't blush anymore but right now, I could put Santa's suit to shame.

"You know how to say all the right things. Should I be scared?" I asked half serious half joking.

Guys who said all the right and sweet things usually were a hazard. I know from experience.

"You shouldn't. You don't have to commit to anything now. Let me prove myself." He said now standing and walking towards me consequently invading my personal space. He was right in front of me. My hands in both of his.

"What are you doing?" I asked while trying to look at the mountain in front of me.

"Proving myself." He answered smoothly.

I chuckled "you can't prove yourself with a kiss, that stuff only happens in movies and..." I was cut off when warm soft lips descended upon mine.

For a moment I was stunned, but just for a moment before my lips acquired a mind of their own and began responding.

He tasted like the wine we had during our dinner alongside mint.

Our lips moved in sync with each other, his hands held my face in a comfortable position while mine rested on his abs. This guy definitely worked out every day.

Our tongues started battling for dominance and he won, but just because I let him. My hands were roaming all over his chest and abs, like I said I'm pretty straightforward when I want something.

"Did you feel it?" He asked against my lips.

I couldn't understand a word he was saying. My heart was pounding against my chest and I may have missed a beat or two. I'll make sure to get checked at the hospital tomorrow. This man was a heart hazard and he just kissed me.

I stood up from where I was seated ready to keep on kissing this familiar stranger, but before I could feel his lips against mine again we were interrupted by sweet ole Emily. Did you get the sarcasm???

"Mommy, I tired." Emily said in a singsong voice making her way towards us. I quickly backed away from the man who caused my heart to miss various beats now.

"Aw, my baby is tired because she picked up her toys. How lazy could she be?" I said in a faraway voice to make it seem I was in deep thought.

"Ssh mommy, don't let Uncle handsome hear you." She thought she whispered. But I think we both heard her clearly. She was so cute.

"Uncle handsome huh, can I call you baby beautiful then? Don't tell your mommy but I think she stole her looks from you." Ethan told her in a fake whisper I could obviously hear.

"Yes yes yes. Yes a thousand times." She grinned cheekily, she looked about to combust any moment now.

"Sweetheart, he's not asking you to marry him." I laughed.

"I know, I've always wanted to imitate that movie we watched together when the beautiful man asked the beautiful woman a question and she answered like I just did." She said proudly.

"Good for you baby beautiful. Any other things you have in mind, I could help them become a reality." Ethan said while stooping to her level and a beautiful smile on his face.

"Ethan don't give her ideas." I said sternly. I didn't want to get her hopes up for nothing.

"I wanna talk to big Elsa from Frozen 2. I love her." Emily answered ignoring me.

"Your wish is my command baby beautiful. Consider it done." He said

"What?" I screamed. That was near impossible.

"Don't worry babe, I know a friend who owes me a favour." Ethan quickly whispered to me once he stood up.

He just called me babe guys. I'm gonna need a new heart soon, the old one's lost it.

"So, how does Saturday sound?" He asked aloud now.

"Please mommy, please. I promise to eat all my veggies and be a good girl at home school." She said while looking at me with wide beautiful eyes just like Belinda's. I couldn't refuse.

"You already do all that baby. But..." I paused for dramatic effect bending to her level, "if you promise to pick up your toys more often, you may go."

"Yayyyyy... I promise... I love you Mommy." She said while attacking me with kisses after I stood up with her.

"I love you too. Now it's time for bed. Nanny Grace is waiting for you." I tell her after placing a kiss on her cheek and handing her over to Grace who came in right on cue.

"Good evening ma'am, sir. Em, it's bed time." She said smiling at a giddy Emily.

"Good night Uncle handsome. I'll see you on Saturday." She shouted giggling as Grace took her to her room.

"It's official baby beautiful." He shouted back using his hands as a makeshift microphone.

I couldn't help the little laugh that bubbled out of me.

"I guess this is good night Mommy beautiful." He told me cheekily moving over to me like a predator did it's prey.

"I just have one question." He said as his lips hovered over my forehead.

"Shoot." I said in a daze.

"Are we official?" He said in that very husky voice of his.

"Mmhm," was all I could manage. My heart couldn't beat this fast and expect blood to reach my brain properly. Nope. You can't eat your cake and have it. Sorry brain.

"I want to hear you say it." He spoke again. His lips at the corner of my mouth.

I was on the border of insanity and he hadn't even kissed me yet.

"We're official. I like you too." I said slightly drugged, I think.

"Good." And that, people, was the last thing he said before he walked out of my house and might I add without kissing me.

Dude, you don't make it official with a lady and leave her hanging.

He was going to regret this for sure. My new mission: Revenge.

It's official.

Hey guys, another late update... I love you all and I'm very sorry, the life of a college student can get really busy sometimes.....

We're almost at 800 reads now, please don't forget to vote cuz we're still at 72 votes... It really encourages me to post more often...

I love you guys again. Thanks for reading.

Love Joy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

232K 28K 23
People meet by accident, People fall in love by accident, But people surely don't become someone's baby daddy accidentally, or do they? What started...
2.6M 149K 43
"Stop trying to act like my fiancΓ©e because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
672K 26.1K 74
Lilly found an egg on a hiking trip. Nothing abnormal on that, right? Except the egg was four times bigger than supposedly the biggest egg in the wor...
587K 31.4K 50
π’πœπžπ§π­ 𝐎𝐟 π‹π¨π―πžγ€’ππ² π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬 γ€ˆπ›π¨π¨π€ 1〉 π‘Άπ’‘π’‘π’π’”π’Šπ’•π’†π’” 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 β˜†|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...