My Sister's Boyfriend

By 101BlackStars

Book 1 "You're not going to tell Hazel the truth are you? You're not going to tell her I'm your mate are you... More

My Sisters Boyfriend - Prologue
My Sister's Boyfriend- Chapter 2
My Sister's Boyfriend- Chapter 3
My Sister's Boyfriend- Chapter 4
My Sister's Boyfriend- Chapter 5
My Sister's Boyfriend- Chapter 6
My Sister's Boyfriend- Chapter 7
My Sister's Boyfriend - Chapter 8
My Sister's Boyfriend - Chapter 9
My Sister's Boyfriend - Chapter 10
My Sister's Boyfriend - Chapter 11
My Sister's Boyfriend - Chapter 12
My Sister's Boyfriend - Chapter 14
My Sister's Boyfriend - Chapter 15
My Sister's Boyfriend - Chapter 16
My Sister's Boyfriend - Chapter 17
My Sister's Boyfriend - Chapter 18
My Sister's Boyfriend - Chapter 19
My Sister's Boyfriend - Chapter 20
My Sister's Boyfriend - Chapter 21
My Sister's Boyfriend - Chapter 22
My Sister's Boyfriend - Chapter 23
My Sister's Boyfriend - Chapter 24

My Sisters Boyfriend- Chapter 1

68.7K 1.8K 273
By 101BlackStars

"Ms. Matthews?" Mrs. Vasquez said waking me up.

I straightened up in my chair and wiped the drool off of my face. "Yes, Mrs. Vasquez?"

"Do you need to go to the principals office?"

I cleared my throat. "And why would I need to go there?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"Well because you seem to think this is nap time."

I shook my head. "Never."

A few of the kids in the class snickered while others giggled. Mrs. Vasquez crossed her arms in the way she did whenever she was mad. Her glasses made her already big eyes seem even bigger. And it didn't help that she was mad.

"Stay awake otherwise you're going to be taking a trip to the principals office."

"Yes ma'am."

Mrs. Vasquez went back to teaching about Shakespeare. It sucked having English as my first class of the day. To make matters worse, Mrs. Vasquez always made things boring and hard. Especially for me.

I opened up my notebook to a blank page and began doodling. I felt myself start to drift off to sleep again. Someone then threw a paper ball at me, making me jump. I glanced across the room. Vincent leaned back in his seat to smile at me.

Vince is my best friend. I could tell him anything and everything in confidence. He's always listening to me rant about how much I hate my family. Okay, I don't really hate them but I don't particularly like them.

The one I dislike most of all is my twin sister, Hazel. Funny thing is, we're twins but we look nothing alike and we are nothing alike. My sister is this spoiled little brat that get's her way with my parents. She gets everything she wants.

My parents think she's absolutely perfect while I, on the other hand, is seen as a rebel, a trouble maker, and constantly breaking the rules. My parents should just be happy that I'm not in and out of jail, I don't do drugs, I don't smoke, and I don't even drink. Except for maybe twice but that's it. They just didn't like "the choices I made", I guess. My dad though, was more lenient with me while my mom raved about Hazel.

And Vince knew all about this. He hated my sister just as much as I did. But I think he hates her for different reasons. Every time he comes to the house, Hazel always flirts with him and it get's on his nerves. Then he gets mad at me because I don't do a thing to stop it.

It's not like I can prevent it anyways, Vince is a very good looking guy. Every girl in school wants to date him. He was like the schools bad boy in a way. His dark brown hair contrasted with his sliver eyes giving him this wild look and his snake bites also helped to that wild look as well. He was tall and well built, even though he never worked out but that's normal for a male werewolf. Girls hated me because I was best friends with him but they knew not to say anything to me because I would beat their ass.

Another paper ball was thrown at me. I glanced back at Vincent and shot him a glare. I wasn't nodding off. Vincent nodded his head toward the paper ball. I opened it up and read the note.

Why do you piss her off?

I wrote back: Because it's fun :p

I crushed the note back into a paper ball and threw it when Mrs. Vasquez had her back turned to the class.

Vince shook his head.

I shrugged. I looked at the clock. I tapped my pen on the desk waiting for the minute hand to turn to the nine, then I would be free. I counted down the seconds starting from ten and as soon as I got to one, the bell rang.

I stuffed my books into my backpack and threw it over my shoulder. Vince waited for me by the door. I followed along as everybody filed out of the classroom. Mrs. Vasquez eyed me the whole way out.

"She does not like you," Vince said.

I shrugged. "Honestly I could care less. She's just another person on my list of people who hate me. Big deal."

Vince chuckled. "For once can't you stay awake in class?"

"I really do try! It's just hard," I protested.

"Try harder."

"You don't know how hard it is for me."

"No but-" Vince got cut off from the loud ringing coming from my phone.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey, Haven it's me, Hazel."

"Really? Hm, maybe that's why your name showed up on my caller ID," I said sarcastically. Vince laughed.

"Very funny big sister," Hazel said. "Tonight, my soon to be boyfriend is coming over for dinner. So please be there because I want you to."

I sighed. "I don't know if I can make it."

"Please, Haven! Do this for me! I'm begging you!"

"Maybe."

"No maybes. Promise me you'll be there."

I rolled my eyes even though she couldn't see. "I don't know."

"Promise."

I groaned. "Fine. I promise."

Hazel squealed. "Thank you so much."

"Yeah, whatever," I said then hung up the phone.

"You actually promised your sister to do something for her?" Vince asked.

"Would you look at that?" I said holding my crossed fingers in front of his face. Vince grinned. "Oopsy," I said in my "innocent" voice.

"You really are something, Haven."

I smiled. "I know. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go to my locker."

"Alright. See you around," he said.

"See ya, Vinny!" I shouted turning down the hall.

Vince hated it at first when I called him Vinny but eventually he got use to it after awhile. He only lets me call him Vinny and if anyone else does, they better be ready for hell. Or a serious blow to the face.

I was almost to my locker when someone ran into me. My backpack dropped onto the floor.

"Watch it!" I barked.

"Sorry," the guy said bending down to pick up my backpack. He handed it to me.

Mate! A voice inside my head screamed. The wolf voice that is.

"Here you go," he said.

I smiled at him. He was amazingly good looking. Vincent had some competition. He had blond hair and the lightest brown eyes I had ever seen. And when he smiled, small dimples showed up on his cheeks. It was odd how strangely familiar he looked. But this was the first time I was seeing him here at school which meant he just transferred here, which was fine by me. I could live with that.

"Thanks," I said taking the backpack from him. "Are you new here?"

He nodded. His mouth was slightly open and his eyes were bright with shock. He obviously knew who I was to.

I stuck out my hand. "Haven."

He took it. "Erik." I loved his deep voice.

The minute he told me his name everything came flooding back. He was the first boy I ever kissed. He was the first boy I ever fell in love with. I know it seems crazy and impossible but this was the kid I used to sneak out of my room for. I would sneak out of our condo to meet him on the beach.

"It's nice to meet you Erik."

"It was nice to meet you too," he said giving me a look I couldn't quite figure out. But something was telling me he remembered me to.

"See you around," I said then stated walking past him to my next class. If I didn't hurry up, I was going to be in so much trouble. I half ran to class and sat down in my normal seat. I stared at the door somewhat hoping Erik would walk in. I couldn't believe it. I had found my mate. I couldn't believe that I had met my mate three years ago. Life is crazy.

For the rest of the day I was looking around for Erik. He was in only two of my classes. I did my best to not stare at him but it was a little hard. Vince noticed how weird I was acting and after school he asked what had gotten into me. I lied and said it was nothing.

"You still need a ride?" he asked getting onto his motorcycle.

I shook my head. "No it's alright. I'm gonna walk. I need to come up with a good excuse to get out of meeting Hazel's new boy toy. I swear that girl goes through boyfriends like candy. Every week there's a new one."

"You sure?" he asked.

"I'm sure. But thanks. I'll call you later."

"I'll be waiting," he said starting up the motorcycle.

I waved bye and he took off. I sighed. I had a long walk ahead of me.

The other reason why I wanted to walk home was to get my head straight. So I had found my mate, but does that mean we have to get together now? Did he want to? Did I want to? I've always said love was stupid and it wasn't worth anything but here I was thinking about him nonstop.

Before I knew it, I was walking up my driveway. I vaguely remembered the walk home. As soon as I entered the door Hazel was yelling at me. She said I needed to hurry up and get ready that her boyfriend was going to be here soon. I walked past her and went straight up to my room to take a shower.

When I finished I went to my room to find some clothes to wear. I threw on some dark colored jeans and an old volleyball T-shirt. I didn't need to go all out. He wasn't my boyfriend. I put on my converse and headed downstairs to the kitchen.

"Oh Thank God, Haven your home. I need your help," mom said sounding exhausted.

I opened the fridge. "With?"

"Cooking."

I grabbed a water bottle and shut the fridge door closed. "I don't cook mom remember. I burn things."

Mom sighed. "That's right. Sometimes I wish you were more like your sister in that way."

There she goes again. Wishing I was just like Hazel.

"Yeah, well I'm not. Looks like you'll have to take me for who I am," I said irritated.

Mom looked up from the stove. Her eyebrows furrowed. "Aren't you going to blow dry your hair?" she asked.

"Why would I do that?"

Mom shrugged. "Your hair looks nicer when it's straight like-"

"Hazels?" I finished for her.

Mom slightly blushed. She went back to stirring whatever was in the pot.

I set the water bottle down on the counter. "No, I'm not. I'm going to leave it in it's natural waves."

Mom sighed. "Well that's your choice."

I grabbed my water bottle and headed back to my room.

"Hello pumpkin," dad said as I ran into him.

"Hi, dad," I said pushing past him.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

I ignored him.

I slammed my door shut. Hot tears threatened to escape from my eyes. I grabbed the picture of me and Hazel sitting on my desk and threw it across the room. It hit the wall, shattering the glass into little pieces.

I don't understand why mom always complained about everything I did. To her every choice I made was the wrong one. Everything I did was wrong. I could never seemed to please her. Now I'm just tired of it and I'm not even going to bother to try anymore.

Outside, a car pulled up into our driveway, and I heard the living room door slam shut. Hazel's boyfriend was here. I looked out the window. A guy stepped out from a red truck and Hazel ran into his arms. When he set her down I saw his face. My heart dropped.

It was Erik.

No, no, no, no, no! It couldn't be! There was no way that Erik was Hazel's new boyfriend!

I wanted to scream. But I refrained from it. Instead I grabbed my phone and dialed Vince's number.

"Took you long enough," he said.

"How soon can you get here?" I asked.

"In less than ten minutes. Why?"

"Can you come pick me up?" I asked.

"I'm on my way."

"Thanks and hurry."

We hung up. I looked back out the window. I did that to at the wrong time too. Erik and Hazels were making out in the front yard. Hazel whispered something into his ear then they made their way to the house. Again, I heard the front door slam.

"Haven! Get down here," mom shouted.

Here we go, I thought. Slowly I made my way out of my bedroom. I made sure though that I had my phone in my pocket for just in case Vince called.

As I descended down the stairs I heard voices coming from the living room. One voice in particular I heard that made me shiver. Erik's. I also heard moms voice and it just made me angry.

"I'm so sorry about my other daughter. She's just....I don't know what to do with her. Sometimes I think she's not my child," mom said exasperated.

That hurt a little. I stepped into the living room.

"Here she is!" Hazel said.

Everyone's eyes turned towards me. I did my best to look bored and act like I didn't want to be here. Actually that wasn't so hard because I didn't want to be here. Hazel grabbed my hand and led me towards Erik.

"Erik this is my sister, Haven. Haven this is Erik," Hazel said introducing us.

"We've met before," I said knowing Erik wouldn't say anything. And I knew for damn sure he wouldn't say anything about us being mates.

"You have?" she asked shocked.

"Yep. At school. He ran into me."

Erik stared at me with wide eyes for a few minutes then averted his gaze to the floor. I kept my eyes plastered on his face.

"Oh," was all Hazel could say.

"Well let's go eat before dinner get's cold," mom said walking to the dining room. Dad followed along behind her, then Hazel. Erik and I were left alone. Still he couldn't seem to look me in the eyes.

"So I'm guessing you're not going to say anything?" I asked.

"Say what?"

"You're not going to tell Hazel the truth are you? You're not going to tell her I'm your mate are you?" "

Erik shook his head. "Why would I do that?"

I gaped at him. "Because it's the right thing to do."

Erik opened his mouth to say something but Hazel popped in to tell us to come eat. Erik practically ran to the dining room. As I walked to the dining room I was dragging my feet.

Vincent's motorcycle pulled up into the driveway. Everyone looked at each other in confusion. I was thinking of what excuse I was going to tell them.

"Haven?" mom asked looking bewildered. "Who's that?'

"Vince," I said with a smirk.

Mom did her best to contain her anger. She hated Vince. She said he wasn't a good influence and that he was a bad guy but she knew nothing about him. She blames him for the reason why I changed when the truth is it was because of her. She wanted me to be like Hazel, but I never could be.

"Vincent is here?" Hazel said wrinkling her nose. "You know we had dinner plans for tonight."

"No, you guys had dinner plans for tonight. I have other plans," I said.

"You go out there and tell Vincent to leave. Then you come back and have dinner with us. As a family," mom said in a stern voice.

What's the point. I didn't feel like a part of this family. "A family? You even said it yourself mom. You think I'm not really your child."

Moms eyes grew big. She didn't think I heard what she had said to Erik earlier but I had. And I'm not going to lie, it hurt to hear that come from her mouth.

"Gotta go," I said and ran out of the dining room and outside to Vincent.

"HAVEN!" Hazel shouted.

I jumped on the back of Vince's motorcycle. Hazel and Erik came running out onto the front porch.

"Where to?" he asked.

"Anywhere but here," I said.

Vincent smiled. "Hold on," he said and sped off. I didn't have enough time to put on a helmet but I didn't care. All I wanted was to get the hell out of there.

~MSB~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

499K 14K 26
When young Ana, a servant girl, finds out that her mate is Alpha of her pack and the middle Prince of her city, she is too scared to show herself to...
1.7M 47K 46
"I set a alarm for a twelve o'clock so I could be the first one tell you happy birthday... happy birthday." I'm seventeen now. I turned the complete...
228K 3.7K 36
{completed} They say opposites attract, the good girl + the bad boy. The grumpy + sunshine. She's intrigued by his eyes, maybe it's because they sha...
202K 8K 31
❇ Book Two ❇ ♥ The Rejected Mate Series ♥ ◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼ Skylar Hunter has had a twist...