Maid For You 3

By Little-Friend

In the aftermath of the Autumn Festival, Cassie must face the wrath of her peers, but perhaps even more frigh... More

Introduction
Prelude
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Author's Note

Chapter 40

8.1K 619 242
By Little-Friend

"Something I need to know about you?" he asked.

I took a deep breath, and explained to him how I made a promise to myself many years ago that I wouldn't have sex with anyone until after I was married, and how it wasn't anything personal at all, but that that was the deal I made with myself. When I told him and brought myself to look into his eyes, there was nothing but sweetness and tenderness there. He kissed the top of my head and thanked me for telling him.

He opened up his present, which was simply a set of guitar picks. The evening I could tell was coming to a close after that, and Luke thanked me for planning this whole mini party for the two of us.

"Thank you, Cassie," he said. "This was perfect. It really cheered me up."

"Cheered you up?" I asked.

He smiled sadly. "I just got into an argument with my Dad right before he left," he admitted. "Partly why I wanted to leave, I guess. I'm annoyed with him but also annoyed with myself. I feel like I revert to an angsty teenage boy when I'm around him, but I'm 23 years old now."

"I'm sorry it's so hard," I said, not knowing what else I could say. I didn't have any sort of Daddy-issues and didn't know how to relate, though I could imagine how frustrating his dynamic with his dad could be. "I hope things get better."

"Maybe," Luke shrugged. "But I don't know if I want things to get better."

"I get that," I said. "But...I don't know, I guess. Maybe your dad just needs to get to know you better. I mean, how could he not love you?"

Luke smiled lightly. "Thanks, Cass."

"Tonight it's my turn the pick the movie," Luke said the following day at breakfast.

"Actually," I said. "Well, I'm going to a party tonight. But I promise it's not because you're picking out the movie! You'll still pick it when we watch a movie next."

"A party?"

"Yes. It's being hosted by Lord Roiben, but Lady Madeline wants me to come."

"Oh." Luke poked at his food. "How exactly did you and Lady Rylin become so chummy?"

"It's kind of complicated," I admitted. "But, I think I should go. Besides, as Prince Nikolas always tells me, it's good to network!"

"...right."

Madeline came to pick me up for Lord Roiben's party, to which I was very grateful. I didn't really want to ride with Coleman again, nor did I want to ask for a ride. I reconvened with several people I had met at Mercucio's pool party, namely Oliver and Harry. This time, however, I was wearing a pretty white dress from Prince Nikolas. I enjoyed talking to them, and while I was friendly I tried to set a clear boundary of friendship only, even mentioning that I had recently celebrated my boyfriend's birthday, hoping that that somehow didn't get back to Coleman. I didn't talk to Coleman at all that night and avoided talking of him, though I did wave once when I caught him looking at me. Madeline and Roiben chatted with each other for a lot of the party, though they didn't do anything too ostentatious to show that they were a couple.

At Lady Madeline's soiree on Saturday, the group consisted only of women, but I enjoyed chatting with the ladies over tea and scones. After most of the party had left, Madeline and I stepped aside and she confided that things were going very well with Roiben. On my way home, I tried to call Nikolas to update him on the latest, but he didn't answer his phone. When I arrived at the palace, it was still fairly early in the day, so I decided to take a bus into town.

Fate, destiny, coincidence, or something along those lines—whatever it is, it's incredibly stupid.

As I was walking through the city of Wethercross, a couple walked out of a fancy boutique on my left, and my heart dropped to my stomach instantly.

No! I thought. Oh why! What did I do to deserve this?!

The 'couple,' if they could be called that, was gorgeous. He wearing a navy suit over a white-collared shirt with the top couple of buttons undone with dark neat hair, sharp green eyes, and caught in mid-laughter. His arm was swung around a beautiful pale girl with shocking red hair, bright blue eyes crinkled in a laugh, and wearing a cherry colored jumpsuit underneath a white fur coat.

I whipped my head around—there were no bushes to hide in.

"Cassie?" the man's deep voice said, surprised. I snapped my head towards him.

"Hello Prince Coleman," I said stiffly.

He let out a derivative chuckle. "What are the odds of running into you?"

Great freaking question. I thought.

"Well, the odds are low enough that I'm now questioning if I've somehow angered some deity."

Marstella chuckled. "And you just stumbled upon us?" she asked, raising a skeptical eyebrow and a small smirk.

Coleman narrowed his eyes at me for a second, like a hunter sizing up his prey. "Did Lucas tell you where we were at?"

"No!" I protested, my cheeks flushing hot which I sure was not helping my case. "I swear, it's a coincidence." And I was going to find coincidence after this and ring its neck.

"If you wanted to spend time with me that badly, you always could have asked," Coleman lilted, making my blood boil.

"I think we see enough of each other, your highness."

"Yet here you are," Marstella added.

I glared at her. What a—

"I do have an extra arm if you want to take it," Coleman started. "Though I don't know what this 'boyfriend' you claim to have would think."

"I don't think he'd appreciate it," I snapped.

"Well I'll have to scold Lucas when he gets out of the store for leaking my location," Coleman said.

I rose my eyebrows. "Lucas? He's here?" My eyes shot to Marstella, burning like coals as she looked down at her feet.

"Yes," began Coleman. "He's waiting in line for—"

"Lucas is here?" I repeated, staring at the redhead, the anger in my voice quite palpable. "And he's carrying your bags?"

"Geez, Cassie. Relax," Coleman said, but I was still staring as his companion, watching her squirm under my gaze. "He's only doing his job, which he is very good at unlike yourself. Though I admit, you have been a much better servant lately."

At that moment, I saw Luke struggling to exit the boutique, laden with a several white shopping bags on his arms.

I was going to kill Marstella.

I was going to call Becca up and ask that we reconcile our differences so we could run around and chase Marstella with pitchforks. I'd call up Missus Lucille while I was at it. I wanted to walk up to Marstella and deliver a satisfying slap across her pretty face, one that echoed through the air with a clap and left her pale skin red.

However, I knew I really couldn't do that. Slapping that woman silly would victimize her, would make me look crazy. Queen Klara had taught me that I should deal with my problems in a civil matter, in a craftier way.

So I didn't bare my teeth and bark at Marstella. I didn't lunge at anyone or scream at the nasty pair of them for being so cruel to Luke. Instead, a huge smile grew on my face, detailed with wide eyes and surprised eyebrows.

"Luke?" I cried excitedly, tilting my head.

He looked up from his mess of shopping bags, and genuine surprise painted his features. I then sprinted past Marstella and Coleman and went up to Luke and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Hey, baby," I said. Then I pulled his face down to mine and kissed him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 100K 75
Kathrine Lane is not the party type unlike her crazy friend Carolina. Although she is from an uppercalss family, Katherine enjoys her simple life... ...
6.1M 132K 52
π•πˆπ•πˆπ„πππ„ π–π‡πˆπ“π‹πŽπ‚πŠ - all her hopes and dreams of running away from the luxurious lifestyle with her boyfriend are ruined when she fin...
967K 53.3K 56
Cassie used to think that her life as a maid for the terribly gorgeous Prince Coleman was complicated. She had no idea what was coming. Now with the...
37.4K 494 64
After a big fight with her boyfriend Cassie Dixon decides to seek attention from elsewhere. But between attraction and love lies a deep secret. So w...