The House Across The Street *...

By AshTrash669

Logan and Patton are the parents of the adopted 3 year old twins Remus and Roman. Dean (Deceit) is a single... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
!Bonus Chapter 30!
Want More?

Chapter 21

748 45 74
By AshTrash669

(A/N: I've never actually been to preschool so I don't actually know what it's like.. I'm guessing it's a less organized Kindergarten? I'm sorry for any false information, just go with it lmao
A/N #2: This is a two parter because it was too long for one chapter :3)

Third Person POV

Finally, the day had arrived that the kids would be headed to their first day of preschool.
The twins were beyond excited, they wondered how many friends they would make, what their teachers were like, and all the fun stuff they would learn and do.
Virgil was just really anxious. He felt a sick feeling in his stomach that made him want to vomit but at the same time unable to. He was very shaky and found himself continuosly fixing his irregular breathing. He felt like he wanted the cry, but didn't.

"Come on storm cloud, uncle Patton is waiting for you," Dean called, calmly.

He knew Virgil would probably be pretty anxious about today, so he used his more gentle voice and called Virgil by his favourite nickname.

Virgil shuffled over to his dad, wanting to be quick because his dad called him and didn't want uncle Pat to be waiting, but wanting to be slow because he was too scared to go.

Dean sighed but gave Virgil a small smile when he made it over. He zipped up Virgil's usual favourite black plaid sweater and unnecessarily straightened it out.

"It's going to be alright, okay?" Dean tried to reassure his son.

Virgil began tearing up and hugged his father tightly, not letting the tears fall, but a few managed to slip from his glossy brown and purple eyes.

"I don't wanna go! Pwease, don't make me!" He cried.

Dean's heart almost broke and he wanted to say yes and keep Virgil with him forever. Scoop him up and snuggle him while watching their favourite movies and eating take out or their gross microwave dinners because they were too lazy to get up and cook an actual meal.
It only reminded Dean that it couldn't be like that forever and both he and Virgil had to grow up.

But why did it have to be so fast?

"I'm sorry Virgie, but you gotta go.. you'll have fun, I promise! And you'll learn a bunch of stuff! And Roman and Remus will be right there with you the whole time! You might even make some new friends!" Dean said, trying to excite the other.

Virgil couldn't lie, that sounded quite nice and it gave him a bit of hope. But the anxiety was still there.

"Can you come with me..? Pwease..?" Virgil asked, finally pulling away from the hug and looked at Dean, eyes glossy and pleading, almost like anime puppy dog eyes.

Dean bit his lip, he knew he couldn't stay in the classroom with Virgil, but he could ride with them and walk him to the door then say goodbye. But he didn't want to disappoint Virgil! I mean.. look at that face!

"Sure, storm cloud," Dean gave him a small smile.

What's the hurt in bending the truth a little?

Virgil's face lit up and he smiled, hugging Dean once more. The two then walked out to Patton's car and got in. Roman was absolutely buzzing with excitement, as soon as Dean opened the back door for Virgil to get in, they could tell the princely child was holding his tongue really hard. As soon as Dean had gotten in and shut the door Roman was off. He immediately began blabbering and ranting to Virgil about how excited he was and what he wondered about. Virgil just sat and listened, Remus rolled his eyes or made a face at half the things his brother was saying, while the adults in front had an actual conversation.

"Virgil a little nervous for his first day?" Patton asked, sympathetically, keeping his eyes on the road but glancing over at Dean.

Dean chuckled half-heartedly, "you could say that."

"You're also worried about him?" Patton asked, though it sounded much more like a statement.

"Only a little, I mean, it's only preschool," Dean replied, but kept his gaze out the window.

He seemed lost in thought. Whether it was about Virgil and him just going to preschool or if it was because of something completely different, Patton did not know, but it didn't seem like a matter he was willing to press based on Dean's expression. His eyebrows were furrowed together making him look stern or angry rather than just spaced out. Resting bitch face, am I right? His eyes were very focused, but not at the scenery passing by his window, but by whatever was going through his closed, dark, secret mind.

"Alrighty then.." Patton said.

They travelled in silence for a few more moments, other than Roman still blabbering in the background which both had learned to tune out, before Patton sighed, interrupting the silence once again after Dean's distant expression didn't change.

"Dean," Patton started, putting a hand on his shoulder to get his full attention, which he did as Dean turned to him, confusion and slight shock in his eyes but an otherwise neutral expression, "it will be alright."

Patton looked into Dean's eyes seriously, but gave a small, reassuring, smile before turning his attention back to the road, both hands now on the wheel.

Dean felt himself relax, and the rock that had been planted in the bottom of his stomach seemed to have been cracked in half, one piece tossed away, leaving him less weighted than before. He leaned against the grey fabric seat behind him and let his gaze once again wander outside, watching luscious green trees, and vehicles of all shapes, sizes, brands and colours, pass by. But this time, his gaze was more soft and thoughtful, as he pushed his negative nagging thoughts to the back of his brain and focused on the present.

Sometimes you just need someone to tell you it's okay, that everything will be alright, that we will more than just survive.

Soon, they were there. The preschool building was not very large, it was basically a mini first school. There was a normal chain fence that most schools had, with some art pieces, that were probably past kids projects, decorating it. There was light grey pavement that followed from the sidewalk on the outside, through the gate, and lead up to the front door which was white and currently wide open. Children rushed in and out, squealing with joy at whatever game they were playing with their new, or maybe even old, friends. The front and around the sides had thriving lush green grass that was neatly cut, it almost looked fake, it actually might have been, who knows. Playground equipment and outside toys were messily scattered everywhere, some children playing on them and some left untouched. The building itself was quite bland yet it seemed as though they tried to make it colourful for the kids. The pillars, edges and roof were a burgundy shade of red while the rest was either pale blue or creamy white.

"This place looks nice!" Patton commented and smiled at the kids at the back.

"Yeah, it looks okay," Dean agreed.

"It looks like a piece of shit." Remus stated simply.

Roman and Patton gasped. Dean blinked rapidly and almost looked as if he was trying to stop himself from laughing. Virgil couldn't help himself and giggled lightly, that seemed to satisfy Remus as he smiled devilishly in pride at himself.

"Remus Prullenbak Sanders! We do not speak like that and you know that!" Patton scolded.

".. well it's true, and you said to always tell the truth. Which one do you want?"

"How would you word it nicely?"

"It looks like a piece of... Junk..?"

"..... Close enough, not what I was really going for but it's a start. Where did you even learn that word before?" Patton asked.

"Nana," Remus stated simply.

Roman glared at Remus with wide eyes, "she said to never tell mom or dad!!"

"Oh.. yeah.. uh oH-"

Patton sighed, "why am I somehow not surprised?"

The twins shrugged.

"Alright, well, let's go inside then," Dean suggested.

Everyone seemed to silently agree since they all began to unbuckle. Patton and Dean getting out of the car as they had to open the doors for the kids. Even Virgil tried to unbuckle himself.

"Virgil, want help?" Roman asked.

"No I can do it," Virgil protested.

"You sure storm cloud?" Dean asked.

"Yes, I a big boy now, daddy!"

Virgil eventually got it, with a bit of help from Dean.

They all walked to the doors together, ready for a new adventure.

----------

I feel a need to mention, in the timeline of this book, they're only in September. Whether it be September of 2019 when I started this book (actually it was July but whatever) or September of 2020 when I'll probably end up finishing this book because I'm really fucking slow, you decide!

Word Count: 1,520

Date Published: February 28th, 2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 169 25
[Completed] Sanders Sides human au fanfic. Twin brothers Virgil and Patton Novas have moved around a lot thanks to their father's job. From their fat...
13.1K 1.3K 49
*Completed* Virgil has never had it easy, not since he was kicked out of his home by his own father. He's struggled to survive, and has fought for fo...
510K 21.5K 43
Virgil had his own life, his own group of mismatched, odd friends. Roman had his clique and his power. The two were about to collide in one big mess...
84.6K 2.5K 38
Virgil use to be a dark side and life was less than perfect. but he's a light side now so everything should be ok... Right? Trigger warning, self har...