The Loving Gilbert - Damon Sa...

By NattieJM

When Damon came to Mystic Falls, he never expected to fall in love. All he wanted was to find Katherine and g... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Part 2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Chapter 30

9K 219 67
By NattieJM

Third POV.

After dying her hair, she did something different this time, she put blue on her roots and faded it into the silver. She loved it, and it made her feel pretty.

She got dragged out of the house by Elena, who complimented her hair and told her what Stefan and Damon had said. They were planning on destroying the moonstone, the one that Katherine has, therefore meaning that the ritual involving Elena wouldn't happen. Then Elena told Ruth that she didn't want it to happen in case Klaus kills everyone they love, like he did with Katherine's family.

Ruth agreed, she didn't want people to die, however she did want to protect her sister, Ruth was pretty sure she could also protect herself from Klaus as well if he ever came. Elena then told Ruth that they were going to see Rose, to talk to her friend, Slater. Elena didn't tell her why, just that they needed to go speak to him. Ruth just nodded and allowed it, she would do anything for her sister.

They arrived at the Boarding house and walked in. Ruth looked around when she heard Rose's voice call out. "It's not nice to leave a girl naked so early in the morning." Ruth choked on her spit when they saw Rose dressed only in a robe. She then looks to the floor in slight sadness, eventhough she wasn't with Damon, it hurt seeing him with others. But he wasn't hers, so she must watch everything he does and bite her tongue every time. "Whoa. Sorry, I thought you were..."

Elena looks away and Ruth snorts. "Damon?" Rose looks to the floor in shock then speaks.

"There's no one else here." Elena then spoke up.

"Actually, we came to talk to you."

"Then I should probably get dressed." Eventhough she slept with Damon, Ruth still thinks she's very pretty so she speaks up. She has shoulder length brown hair, beautiful clear skin and a sexy accent. If Ruth wasn't so invested with Damon, Ruth would try pull some of her moves on Rose.

"I mean..." Rose turns to look at Ruth. "You don't have to, if you don't want." Rose's eyes widen and she the laughs. Elena then smacks Ruth around the head and then tells Rose.

"Ignore my sister, all she thinks with is her dick." Ruth snorts loudly at what Elena had just said. Rose laughs once again and walks back up the stairs.

They're now sat in one of the room, Rose, unfortunately, was now sat in clothes.

"It's a bad idea." Rose tells the two girls; Ruth just sighs and runs her hand through her new hair.

"No, it's not. From what Stefan told me, your friend Slater obviously has more information about Klaus. You and Damon just gave up before you got it." Elena snaps, Ruth nods, she kind of has a point.

"Because somebody blew up a coffee shop with us in it." Ruth then nods again; Rose also has a point.

"There's more to learn. We just have to find a way to learn it."

"Why are you coming to me with this?"

"Because you owe us. One word from me or Ruth, and Damon and Stefan could have killed you for kidnapping me." Ruth's eyes widen. Ruth then declares, before Rose decides Elena looks like a tasty snack.

"Which we do not want, because we like you now, right Elena?" Elena just huffs, so then Rose smiles slightly to Ruth and then speaks.

"Or maybe it's because you know that they wouldn't want you or your sister doing this. And their moonstone caper gives you a chance to sneak away." Elena glares.

"We're having a disagreement, okay? They're willing to risk everyone that I love and me or Ruth are not." Ruth then turns to her sister and speaks.

"Eventhough I agree, they are just trying to protect us, it's what friends do 'Lena. Loosen up on them, this will be stressful on them too." Elena exhales and then looks to Rose.

"Rose had proven that she couldn't care less whether we're protected or not. So, we're back to you taking us to Slater." Rose sits down next to Ruth and looks to the two sisters with an unknown look in her brown eyes.

"What exactly do you two hope to achieve by this?" Ruth shrugs, this was all Elena's idea.

"How would you like to be able to walk during the daylight?" Ruth looks to Rose's fingers, and then pulls a face. That must suck not being able to go out during the day.

"I've been a slave to shadows for 500 years, what do you think?"

"I think I know a witch who's willing to do whatever it takes to help, if you're willing to make a deal." Elena bargains, Rose goes all in.

They're sat in Rose's car in an underground parking area. They get out and walk up the stairs to Slater's apartment. Rose knocks on the door, while Ruth and Elena stand a little behind the girl. "Slater? Slater, it's Rose. Open up!" After a few moments of silence, Rose looks over to them. "He's not home. Sorry." Ruth laughs.

"I did not sit in a long car ride, next to Elena might I add, to come here for nothing." Elena lets out an offended noise behind her. Ruth then sighs and mutters. "Okay sitting next to Elena wasn't that bad." Elena smiles, and the kicks her sister in the back of her leg.

"Next time, Ruth, you can sit on the floor." Ruth looks to Elena and pouts, who just looks to Rose and motions to the door. Rose then smirks at the sister's banter, then opens the door with her vampire strength. Rose gestures for them to go into the room.

"After you." Ruth and Elena walk in, Rose follows suit. She then walks father in and calls out. "Slater?" Rose walks to the back of the apartment and looks through a doorway. Her face falls. "I don't think he's gonna be much help."

The two sisters rush over to where Rose is stood and gasp at Slater's dead body. Rose walks over to the dead body and begins to drag it away; Ruth walks over and helps. Rose smiles in thanks. Elena goes over to the man's desk and looks at all the paper.

"Looks like whoever blew up the coffee shop found him and killed him for his information. Ruth and Rose walk over to Elena and watches Elena shuffle through the papers.

"Yeah, probably to stop him from helping people like us. The guy was a vampire almanac. Knowing too much information just bit him in the ass." Rose walks away as Ruth and Elena look at a photo that was on his desk. Rose walks over to a set of windows and grips the curtain and pulls it back. Illuminating the room in light.

"What are you...?" Ruth trails off.

"Tempered glass. U.V. rays can't penetrate." That's pretty cool. "I used to just come here and watch the day."

"Sorry about Slater, Rose." Ruth says to the girl. She just sighs and looks to the girls and questions.

"Any luck?" Elena goes to log into one of the computers but realises she can't.

"It's password protected. I can't get in."

"No, this is fine. Let's just go." They hear a doorknob rattle and Ruth jumps. Rose looks to them and sternly commands. "Stay here." Rose goes to a set of doors and peers into the hallway. "Alice?"

"Rose!" A feminine voice is heard, the two sisters look to each other in question. They hear the girl, Alice, cry. They then see someone wrap their arms around Rose and sob. "He's dead!"

Ruth and Elena are stood in the kitchen pouring Alice a cup of tea. Ruth is sat eating one of the bags of crisps she found in one of the cupboards.

"She found him a few minutes before we did." Rose tells the girls as she goes into the kitchen.

"How is she?"

"Overreacting. Big time." Ruth sniggers, then Elena shoots her a look.

"Her boyfriend just died. There's no such thing as overreacting."

"Those tears are for her. She didn't care about Slater." They look to Rose. "She was only dating him long enough to see if he'd turn her." Elena grabs the tea, grabs Ruth's hand and walks to the room to see Alice. Ruth has to look away to stop herself from laughing at the crocodile tears.

"Thank you." She says after Elena gives her the tea. Ruth sits next to Elena, who sits next to Alice. "You look really familiar. Did you know Slater?" Alice asks Elena, not really paying attention to Ruth. Ruth pouts and leaves, she grabs another bag of crisps from the cupboard and opens them. She sits next to Rose and offers her one. Rose smiles and takes one to eat.

They hear Elena's voice. "What if I could convince Rose to turn you?" Ruth snorts as Rose looks to Elena in disdain.

They're stood behind Alice as she logs into his computer. "Someone's been here. The hard drive's completely wiped out."

"Yeah, probably whoever killed him." Ruth groans, but Alice speaks again. "Lucky for you, Slater was paranoid. Everything's backed up on a remote server." Ruth watches Alice get all of the files back as she tries not to laugh, Alice is helping them, but they are not going to help her. "Kristen Stewart. God, was he obvious." Ruth snorts.

They're looking at all of the files and Ruth asks. "These are all leads to vampires?"

"Slater was obsessed. Almost as much as me." Rose and Ruth look to each other, Ruth pretends to shoot herself, causing Rose to laugh silently.

"What about that one? Cody Webber. They exchanged dozens of emails about Elijah."

"I could call him." Elena hands Alice the phone.

"Tell him that we're trying to send a message to Klaus. The doppelgänger is alive and she's ready to surrender, and the girl called Ruth he wants is here." Ruth chokes on her spit and turns so quickly to her sister that she nearly gets whiplash.

"What?!" Ruth and Rose shout at the same time.

"Oh, my God, I knew I recognized you." She then looks to Ruth. "Oh god, it's you." She looks to Ruth in awe.

"Get him the message, please."

Elena runs out of the room, she knows Ruth will do something. "Elena fucking Gilbert!" She runs to her sister and decks her. The two sisters roll about on the floor. Ruth is sat on top of her sister glaring down at her.

"What the fuck, Elena?" Ruth snaps, Elena looks to her in sadness.

"We needed to get Klaus' attention." Ruth glares down at her sister.

"Yeah, by offering ourselves to him on a silver platter. You might as well put a sign on us saying 'Here Klausy – Klausy, the doppelgänger and the girl you're stalking are in Mystic Falls.'" Ruth hysterically snaps, she doesn't want to be taken. Elena puts her hand on Ruth's cheek to calm down her sister, who's eyes had begun to cloud over with tears. "I don't want to die, Elena."

"I know, Rue, neither do I. But if we don't do this, everyone we love will die." Ruth's head falls onto her sister's chest and cries. Elena rubs her back. Ruth then gets up and runs to the toilet to wash her face. Ruth is sat looking at herself in the mirror.

After a few moments, something breaks her out of her stare, it's a face. Looking closer, she sees Elijah's pretty face. Gasping, she looks around and sees no one. She rubs her eyes and takes a deep breath.

Ruth comes out of the bathroom and sees Damon clutching Elena's fist tightly. She gasps and he looks to her. His eyes harden in anger and he speeds over to Ruth. He grips Ruth's arms tightly and her head falls to the floor. "What the fuck, Ruth?" He snaps at her. She goes to say something, but he pulls away in disappointment and walks to where Alice is.

Elena rushes over to her sister and pulls her into her arms, Ruth notices that her sister has a bruise on her wrist from where Ruth landed on. Ruth just ignores it and hugs into Elena. Elena whispers soothing words. "We're doing this for the greater good, Rue."

"Time to go. Alice is soundly sleeping and won't remember a moment of this horribly stupid day." Damon grips Ruth's wrist tightly and goes to walk off. But the front door bursts open, and three men walk into the apartment.

"We're here to meet the doppelgänger, and the girl Klaus wants."

"Thank you for coming." Ruth goes to walk to where Elena was, Rose grabs Elena and Damon pushes Ruth back. He whispers to Ruth in anger.

"I will break your arm." Ruth nearly snorts, she looks up to him and whispers.

"Do it, put me out of my misery." She dramatically snaps, after Klaus finds her, she's as good as dead anyway.

"There's nothing here for you." Damon tells the man, as he looks to Ruth in confusion.

The man guarding the door, suddenly drops to the floor dead. Elijah is stood behind him. Ruth nearly gasps at the sight of him. Something inside of her warms up at the sight of him. The feeling is like the one she has when she sees Damon. But it's not a romantic feeling, it's like finding your platonic soulmate. It's also like she's found her twin all over again. Something in her is beginning to become whole at the sight of him, but not quite. It's like there's room for more.

Elijah looks to Ruth and his eyes slightly warm. "I killed you. You were dead." Damon gasps out in shock.

"For centuries now." Elijah looks to the man who spoke to Ruth and Elena. "Who are you?"

"Who are you?"

"I'm Elijah." The man's eyes widen in recognition.

"We were gonna bring both of them to you. For Klaus. She's the doppelgänger, and she's the one he wants." Elijah's eyes burn in amusement, it's like he knows something they don't. "I don't know how she exists, but she does. Klaus will want to see her." The man speaks about Elena.

"Does anyone else know that you're here?" The man shakes his head. "Well, then, you have been incredibly helpful."

Elijah's arm plunges into both vampires' chests. The vampires fall to the floor, dead. Elijah drops the hearts and Damon puts himself into a fighting stance. But Elijah turns around and speeds out of the apartment.

Damon, Elena and Ruth pull up to their house. Elena gets out of the car and runs into the house. Ruth opens the door and walks with Damon to the front of the house, her head down, but her eyes show how relieved they are. "Thank you for bringing me and Elena home."

"Well, your ride left you. I didn't want to leave you stranded." Ruth stops from reaching to the door handle. She then turned to Damon and sighed.

"Okay." Damon's eyes squint in annoyance.

"I can't believe Elijah's alive. Why do you think he killed those two vampires and just let us go?" She makes conversation, wanting to stay outside with Damon.

"If I had a dollar for every time some evil vampire surprised me." Ruth sensed that that was the end of their conversation, so she reached for the door handle and went to open it. Damon grabs her arm and roughly spins her around.

"What you did today was incredibly stupid." Ruth scoffed.

"What Elena did today was incredibly stupid." She corrected; Damon's eyes squinted in confusion. "I had no idea what was happening until it was too late. Elena did it out of love for all of you, she doesn't want anyone to die for us. Eventhough I believe it's not for just us, I would still have gone with them if you weren't here. Because the thought of you, or Stefan, or Buttercup or anyone else getting hurt because of this, makes me want to curl up into a ball and cry forever."

With that she opened the door, Elena was stood their and her eyes were frantic. "It's Stefan."

It turns out, because of their stupid brother, Stefan got stuck in the tomb with Katherine. Both girls ran to go see Stefan, but Damon knocked out Elena and told Ruth that he would not allow her to go in and see Stefan. Ruth just nodded and walked out of the tomb and got in the car to wait for Damon.

She leant against the window and fell asleep exhausted from what had happened that day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

921 89 16
I don't know if this is right or not, it's been a terrible three years since I returned to Mystic Falls. I lost many of my family members, my ex-love...
307K 6.9K 68
Lily and her twin Elena are still trying to get over the death of their parents when two mysterious boys come into their town, Mystic Falls. The seem...
14.9K 629 11
in which zacharias "zachary" mikaelson is dragged back to mystic falls only to find that his long lost crush is alive and in love with the new petrov...
85.6K 2.6K 30
Bella Swan has been pushed to her limit. Yet maybe her limits was the thing to push her. When Edward Cullen and Jacob Black die, Bella flees to Myst...