Silver Lining (Completed)

By JoeArshi

General Fiction They were poles apart. He is a football player who have anger management issues while she is... More

Author Note *New*
Prologue
Songs & First Scene - Prologue
Chapter 01
Character Sketch
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61A
Chapter 61B
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Last Chapter
Bonus Chapter
Thank You Note
Favourite

Chapter 66

3.7K 247 330
By JoeArshi

No proofreading.
Do comment because I took a lot of time writing this chapter.

Sorry in advance as I couldn't include everything in the teaser because it's pretty much lengthy update.

Davis called Elisa into their bedroom once the Raizadas and Malliks went from there.

"Why are you looking tensed?" Elisa asked her husband, sitting beside him.

"Are we doing the right thing Eli?" An anxious Davis asked Elisa.

"Doing what?"

"Gudiya's marriage within a month. Marriage isn't just about two people, it's about two families. Will they accept out gudiya wholeheartedly? We can never match up to their wealth Eli."

"You are worrying unnecessarily Davis. Arnav beta proved us that he loves our titaliya. Don't you see how he stood for her when his dadi speak about dowry?"

"Eli, I knew that he proved himself but what about our gudiya. He is a celebrity and how will the people react when they came to know about their marriage? Don't you know how people bullied her for being an amputee? What about this time? Will she be able to handle it? What if he get changed after seeing the public reaction? I'm worried thinking about all these things Eli." Davis told his wife his concerns.

"Then don't think about all these." Elisa consoled him.

"Aren't you worried for her?" Davis questioned his wife not seeing any worries in her face. Elisa took his hand in her hand and squeezed it lighter.

"Davis, do you remember how we started our relationship? When we got married, both of us didn't knew anything about each other. It took us almost an year to understand and fell in love with eachother. All that time, you were always there for me. Davis for a married girl, the support of her husband is her everything. She can overcome everything if she have an understanding husband. I don't know about Arnav's family, but our Khushi will always have his support. They knew each other for all these years and we won't we able to find a guy who will understand our titaliya like him."

"What if his feelings get changed? What will happen to our gudiya?" Davis questioned.

"Davis, in all these years his feelings didn't change, did it? He could have moved to another relationship in these one year break but he stayed loyal to our titaliya. Do you remember how titaliya reacted when you had an accident during her school time?"

"Yeah, she was crying non stop." Davis remember the days when Khushi cried buckets of tears seeing him with plasters on his limb.

"Yes, she is really sensitive when it's about us. That same Khushi stood strong when I had that accident five years back. Now I knew the reason behind her strength. Davis, he don't have any obligation to visit us when I was not well. Yet he did that for our titaliya. He take out his time to see us. We were a part of his life even before he became a part of our life. He took all the risk to visit Kasi when she is admitted for appendicitis surgery in the hospital. He did all that for our titaliya." Hearing Elisa's word, Davis recalled everything and understood everything.

"You are right Eli." He nodded.

"Have you noticed our titaliya these days? You know in past months, she was happy but something was missing in her. She wasn't the titaliya we knew, but right now she is back and glowing with happiness. Isn't that we wanted for her? Her happiness?" Eli asked her husband.

"Yes."

"If you still have any doubt, talk to Arnav. Only he can alleviate your worries." She adviced her and he nodded his head.

"Yeah, I will talk to him. Hope that he will understand my points." Davis replied hopefully.

***********************

Khushi is in her room sitting in her table after finishing the call with Payal. What she is feeling now is indescribable. After all month she will get married to the man who means everything to her. She pinched herself to prove that this isn't a dream. She sat on the bed hugging her Arnie closer to herself. That's when she heard the sound of notification on her phone.

<Have your beauty, lazy, cosy, deep, shallow, all type of sleeps within this month itself. Who know if you ever get sleep after this month my soon to be Mrs Laadgovernor 🐰🐰

You looked beautiful and damn gorgeous 😘

-Laadgovernor

PS : Thanks for not wearing a saree, because of which my buddy behaved well 😉🍆😁 > She blushed and smiled reading his message.

<Have some shame laadgovernor. Will you finish off all your shamelessness within this month itself?

You looked okay 😝😛 not that handsome though.

-Your Khushi

PS : I didn't wear a saree but I'm still wearing your favourite red colour lingerie 😉> Khushi pressed the send button and soon got a call from him.

"Damn Khushi, you woke up my sleeping buddy while I'm in the car." She heard him speaking.

"Serves you right laadgovernor. Tit for tat."

"Can you correct it to tits for pat. I don't like neglecting anyone of them." He replied shamelessly.

"Pervert, you have become worse. How can you say that? What if your driver hear that?"

"I'm totally alone in my car, struggling to control my half awaken buddy. All thanks to your dirty talks Mrs soon to be Raizada." He teased her.

"I don't do that talk. You are the one who do all that." She told him.

"Yeah and it's going to be doubled. You are going to stay as red for all the time from now and I can't wait to make you red with my mouth."

"I'm cutting the call laadgovernor. You have become so shameless."

"Yup, I got replenishment for my shamelessness." He kept teasing her.

"Arnav, don't tease me." Khushi said knowing that he won't give up on the topic. They went silent for a moment and it is Arnav who talked first.

"Baby, are you happy?" He asked her.

"Happy is a small word to describe my feelings. I'm excited, I'm overwhelmed...I'm over the moon Arnav." She said getting excited about their wedding.

"Just be like this baby. Everything is going to be fine." He assured her.

"Hmm, Arnav your dadi..."

"Don't spoil my mood by taking her name. I know how to tackle her, after all we have the same blood. She will come along baby, don't worry about that."

"Arnav, what happened to your father? Those burnt marks on his hands and neck?" Khushi asked about the marks she have seen on Arvind.

"He had an accident when Nirav was small."

"Ohh, how Nirav then? I missed him." Khushi said.

"He is good and exams are going on now. He will come to see you once it get over. Baby, is it okay if I call you later?"

"Sure, bye Arnav."

"See you soon."

*******************

Both of them were happy about what's happening in their life. They recalled how their relationship got evolved into something so pure and soulful.

Flashback

Khushi in first year, few days after Arnav gave her lift. She is walking towards her room when she heard him calling her.

"Khushi, come here." Arnav called Khushi while holding a text book in one hand and a cigarette in otehr hand.

"You called me Arnav?" She asked him. She looked around a way to escape from there, but there wasn't any way.

"Come, sit here." He said showing the opposite bench. She sit opposite and looked around.

"Where is everyone else?" She asked not seeing his friends with him.

"They all went for a film. Here read this." Saying this he gave her a text book.

"Why should I read this?" She looked at the management text book in front of her.

"Who's the senior between us?" He questioned.

"You."

"Then read it."

"But my class..."

"You don't have any class at this hour. Someone will be taking some moral class today. So read it." He said and she started to read it aloud for him.

"Why are you reading it aloud, read it silently." He told her.

"I thought you want to hear it, then only you can learn it."

"Just read it yourself." He replied and started to smoke while staring at her. It's been two days since he last saw her. He don't know how he craved to see her.

'How can a nose look so cute? He nosepin makes her look extraordinary. She have beautiful eyes. Look at that lush eyebrows. Are they really real? Her cheeks are so chubby. Will she allow me to kiss her? Will it get red if I kiss her cheek?' He asked looking at her face. His eyes moved towards her lips.

'Don't look at her lips Arnav. Control yourself di*khe*d.' He scolded himself and looked at her hands.

'Why don't she wear any bangles? Her hands look nice when it's adorned with bangles. Her fingers are so little.' He said admiring her arms. His analysing were interrupted by Khushi.

"Can I say something Arnav?" He nodded his head giving her permission.

"You shouldn't smoke like this. Its injurious to health."

"That's wonderful, I like taking risk and getting into injuries." He teased her.

"Haven't you seen the ads where they shows the smoke stain in the lungs. If you smoke like this, your lungs will become like that."

"Well that's okay, with the pollution we are having everyone is in the same boat." He replied taking a puff.

"Hmm if not for yourself at least for the people around you, you should stop it. Along with you the people around you too get affected by the smoke." She tried to make him understand.

"Okay, now let's get back to reading." He pointed at his book.

'Laadgovernor... always smoking and smoking.' She muttered and started reading the book. Arnav moved away from her so that the smoke didn't reach her. Khushi gave him a glance and return her gaze back to the book.

"It's done for today. You can go now." He said after a few minutes.

"Okay...hmm if you can, please think about what I said about smoking. I don't want you to suffer in future." Khushi said before leaving from there.

"You don't want me to suffer?" He asked as she reached near the door. She nodded her head with her back facing him while turning her head.

"You can go." He said and she walked away after giving him a quick glance. Arnav looked at the cigarette in between his fingers.

"Damn, I lost my mood to smoke." Saying this he throw away the half smoked cigarette.

"What are you doing to me Khushi?" He asked himself looking at the figure walking away from him.

From then he started to reduce his smoking habits.

***************

Few weeks after the Payal got to know about Arshi. Both the friends were in their class when they heard some girls talking about Arnav's fight with some boys outside the college. They got to know that he is admitted in hospital because of his injuries. Khushi is angry because he didnt tell her anything.

"You know Payaliya, he is faking this hospital scene to escape from police case. Let's go and meet that laadgovernor." Khushi told Payal.

Khushi called Arnav and asked him about the accident. She scolded Arnav for getting into fight and acting like this. She told him that she wanted to see him and he made arrangements for that. Payal and Khushi went to visit him in the hospital. As soon as they entered into his room, they saw the nurse giving him an injection and inserting the IV drip. He had a plaster on his hand and a stitch on his forehead along with some bruises on his leg.

"Arnav, what happened to you? It's all real." Khushi started to panic once the nurse exited from there.

"It's nothing baby, I will be okay soon." He tried to assure her and held her hand.

"Hmm, ASR you fought with those guys and got injured?" Payal asked him.

"Yup, I was alone and they were eight of them. It was a tight fight." He said causally while Khushi inspected his wounds.

"Well, I will give you both sometime." Saying this Payal went out.

"Why do you always fight with other people? Why can't you control your anger? See what happened because of all that?" She questioned him as tears rollwd down from her eyes.

"Shhh, stop crying baby. I'm totally..."

"Who told you that I'm crying? Why would I cry for a man like who go around and fight? Why would I cry for a man who can't control his anger? I'm not crying for you." She said while continuously wiping her tears and trying not to cry.

"Then why these tears?"

"Hmm, it's just water following from my eyes. Nothing else." She gave a lame reply making him smile.

"I hate you, don't smile like that." She complained wiping her tears. Arnav lean forward and pecked her lips lightly.

"Why did you kiss me laadgovernor? Go and fight with someone else instead of kissing me." She taunts him.

"I didn't kiss you, I just wanted to check out your lip gloss." He justified his act on the same coin as her.

"You laadgovernor, I hate you." She said bursting into tears. Arnav pulled her closer and hugged her by wrapping his arm around her.

"Shh, baby. I will be okay. It's just a sprain and a stitch. It will get healed soon." He consoled and dropped a kiss on her head.

"Ohh my god, your IV drip." Khushi said seeing the cannula on his hand. She break their hug and checked out his injuries.

"Is it paining?" She asked looking at the bruises and stitches.

"No, it doesn't."

"You told me that they were eight of them. Did they hurt you a lot?" She asked cupping his face and he caught hold of her hand in his hand.

"Well presence of mind helped me without getting much injuries. I happened to throw the sand at them and it was helpful."

"The police won't take you, will they?"

"They attacked me, so I'm the one who filed the case. Nobody is going to take your laadgovernor." Khushi wiped her tears and placed kisses on his face.

"I thought it was an act, I never knew that you were attacked. I'm soo sorry for thinking like that." She apologized cupping his face.

"Baby, it's okay. Last time it was an act and it's quite obvious for you to think like this. Wipe your tears and give me a smile." She tried to smile but her tears betrayed her.

"Won't you obey your senior's word?" He asked in an authoritative voice.

"It hurts seeing you like this." She said wiping her tears.

"I didn't expect you to be a cry baby. Where is my feisty Khushi?" He teased her.

"Feisty Khushi will turn into a cry baby when her dear one's gets hurt." Khushi replied.

"Baby, I'm giving you 10 seconds to wipe your tears. After that no more tears, only smiles or else we are leaving the hospital right that moment." ASR showed his entry.

"You can't do that." She replied.

"I can do that and you know that I will do that if I want to. Okay wipe your tears and here we go 10..9..8..." She looked at him for a moment and wiped her tears away. She gave him a small smile as soon as he completed his counting.

"That's my baby." Saying this he cupped her face with his hand and kissed her on lips.

"Yo..ur..cannu...la." Khushi tried to warn about the cannula he have on his hand.

"F**k that." He replied into her mouth and continued to kiss her passionately. They parted away when they struggled to get breathe.

"Now I will be okay soon." He said placing his forehead on her forehead. Khushi cupped his face and stroked his cheek.

"Will you promise me something?" She asked him.

"Don't ask me not to fight, it's hard." He told her in advance.

"Hmm, can you promise that you will not to get provoked by others?" She forwarded her hand.

"People will try to provoke you by talking about your family. Don't fall for that. Can you please try to ignore that? I don't want to see you like this again Arnav. Do you really think I can tolerate seeing you like this?" Tears started to roll down from her eyes.

"Will you please do that for my peace of mind? Everytime I see you fighting violently on the ground, it makes me so worried. You may win that fight but what about the revenge they seeks? I don't want to lose you Arnav. You are so important to me." Arnav can sense the vulnerability in her voice and he placed his hand over her hand.

"I promise you that I will try my best not to get provoked." Khushi smiled hearing his promise and hugged him.

"Just try, we will work together for that." She said with a smile and wiped her tears.

"You take rest. I have to go now." She get up from the bed.

"You are an ill mannered girl Khushi." Arnav told seeing her moving towards the door.

"Hmm, what happened?"

"You man is in hospital and you came empty handed to see the patient. Didn't your ammi told you to buy something for the patient when you visit them?" He teased her and Khushi took that seriously.

"I didn't knew that it was real, so I didn't buy anything."

"May be you can compensate that with someone juicy as strawberry." He winked looking at her lips. She understood his words and blushed.

"What? Can't a patient expect that much at least?" He questioned and she walked towards him.

"Stop doing drama laadgovernor." Saying this she fleet kisses all over his face.

"Don't touch me with your hands. Stay like that." Saying this she passionately kissed him on his lips.

"Happy now?" She asked him.

"Over the moon now." He winked at her and took her hand in his hand.

"I will be back to tease you. Stay safe at college and go home earlier. Don't worry about me or come here. I will call you everyday like usual instead of that. Now call Payal." He asked her and she called Payal in.

"Everything alright?" Payal asked both of them.

"Yup, we are okay." Khushi replied to her bestie. Payal asked Arnav about his health and he send them away in a taxi run by his trustworthy man.

Three months after, Arnav is in the ground. The opposite player said something to him and he tried his best to avoid him. At a point he lost his patience and closed his eyes fisting his hands in anger. All he saw was her teary face looking at him and telling him to calm down. He gritted his teeth and walked away from there without any fight. He looked at Khushi who is sitting in the pavillion with her heart in her hand. She saw this scene and smiled. She gave him an air kiss when he looked at her. He gave her a lopsided smile and a wink making her smile. At that moment he realised that he will do anything to keep that smile on her face.

*************
Khushi is in final year of art college. The college union were trying to invite a big shot for the an art fest inauguration. Several names were suggested that's when someone pointed our Arnav being in the senior of Khushi in college. Khushi tried her level best to make excuses but they all compelled her that she can get a meeting within with an excuse of being his junior. Later Khushi called Arnav and told him what happened in the college.

"So baby, do you want me to come to your art fest?" He asked her.

"Hmm, everyone want to see you."

"I asked about you." He said firmly.

"Me?? I don't know. Hmm, if I say yes, doesn't that mean I'm taking advantage of you?" She questioned.

"You are allowed to take advantage of me baby, that to at any time. So tell me."

"Its an yes and a no. I want you to come because they have high hope on me. On other hand, I don't want you to come because all that girls will be ogling ar my man." Arnav smirked hearing her answer.

"I see some green signals." He teased her being jealous.

"As if you don't get that. You are the wholesale dealer of green signal laadgovernor."

"Anyway at the end of the day, it's my dumdbell who will be ravishing in my wet dreams." He wished he could have seen her expression right now.

"Shameless man, why can't you say something romantic instead of this?"

"Well that's my situation. So many things are happening in my dreams, they are just awesome. Do you know what you did to me on last dream?" He teased her.

"Stop your x-rated talk or else I will cut the call." She warned knowing him.

"I will stop if you tell me your decision regarding the art day inauguration."

"Hmm, okay you can come. Now what should I do?" She asked him.

"Tell your colleagues that you are ready to approach me. Ask them to get my PR manager and contact him. From there I will do everything." He gave her the direction and she did everything as per that.

Her colleagues contacted his manager and told them to meet Arnav on a specific date. He clearly mentioned that no girls should accompany them except Khushi. So it's decided that Khushi along with five other boys will be going to talk with him. Khushi already warned Arnav to keep his naughtiness with himself but he had other plans.

Khushi, Nakul and Jeebyam from her class along with two of post graduate students named Udit and Yash went to meet Arnav. Khushi pushed opened the room and saw Arnav sitting on the chair.

Nakul

Jeebyam

Yash

"Ohh Ms Gavriel, nice meeting you after a long time." He said walking towards her and engulfing her in a hug much to her annoyance.

'Laadgovernor and his wicked ways.' She thought.

"It's an honour to meet the former University topper of my college." Saying this he placed a kiss on the back of her hand making her startled

'This man have gone mad.' She muttered under her breathe. Arnav meet the other four students and made them sit in front of them.

"Nice meeting you ASR." Khushi told him.

"You are beautiful Ms Gavriel and you should call me Arnav." He flirted with her openly.

'Ohh yehweh, why is this laadgovernor flirting with me like this? What will they think of us?' Questions popped up in her mind.

"So you guys want me to be the chief guest?" Arnav asked them.

"Yes, ASR we would love to have you as our chief guest on our art fest. We will be conducting cultural programs and art exhibitions. It would be an honour if you agree to this." Yash told Arnav who sat there holding his phone.

"But why me? You could have contacted some artist instead of me?" Arnav asked them.

"We wanted it to create a hype and we thought your popularity will help us. We have also heard that you like art works."

"Yeah, I do have interest in arts." He said looking at Khushi.

'This laadgovernor is flirting too much.' She muttered under her breathe.

"My manager told me that I'm free on..." His words got interrupted hearing her phone ringing. Khushi took her phone and found his call.

'What's this laadgovernor doing? Why is he calling me when I'm sitting in front of him?' She questioned herself looking at the phone and Arnav.

"I'm sorry, it's a pervert who disturbs me a lot." She said sarcastically.

"Ohh, such pervert should be taught a lesson." Arnav commented.

"Khushi, do you want me to handle him?" Yash asked taking hold of her hand which she pulled away. Arnav noticed the concern in Yash and called him.

"If you are done showing your concern, then let's discuss about my payment." Arnav said rudely to Yash. They told him about the amount they are ready to pay for the program.

"What you quoted is a very small amount but I'm ready to accept it for my college mate." He said looking at Khushi.

"Okay, that's great. We will let you know about the program schedule. Can we leave now?" Khushi asked him.

"So Ms Gavriel, why did you joined arts when you could have pursued your career in maths?" Arnav then started to talk with Khushi along with flirting.

"JP, this man is such a flirt." Nakul told Jeebyam while Yash sat there fuming with anger.

"Udit, I can't tolerate this guy. See how he is flirting with Khushi so openly." Yash whispered to his friend.

"Poor Khushi." Udit commented.

"ASR, can we leave now?" Yash asked.

"Can't you see that I'm talking to her??" Arnav asked Yash feeling irritated by his constant gaze on Khushi.

"Arnav, I would like to leave as I'm going to meet my boyfriend. So if you excuse us, it will be great." Khushi pulled out her trump card.

"Ohh boyfriend, I never knew that. What he doing? Do I know him?""

"He is into business and I dint think thag you know him because he is a private person." Khushi teased him.

"Okay, then you guys can leave." He said and he get up to send them away. Arnav opened the door for Khushi making her smile nervously at him.

'Why is this laadgovernor doing all these? Can't he see the other four people with me? I'm not going to leave him today for all these stunts.' Khushi told herself and walked outside along with her friends.

"Omg Khushi, he is such a flirt." Commented Udit when they gte out of the building.

"He got an attitude problem." Nakul told her.

"I'm sure that he is a playboy. Media was right about him." Yash said making her furious.

"Yash,you shouldn't believe media like that. " Khushi told them

"Khushi, he flirted with you and kissed you. He seems to be rude and arrogant too."

"Don't judge anyone that quickly guys." Khushi adviced them.

"You are so naive Khushi, that's why you are talking like that." Yash told her.

"Whatever, I have to go somewhere. See you later." Saying this she get into sukhvinder's car and went to Arnav's apartment. She messaged him to come there quickly and waited for him.

As soon as he entered his apartment, he got welcomed by her pulling his hair.

"You laadgovernor, why did yo done that?" She screamed at him.

"Ouch lady, it hurts. Pull my hair when we are on bed." He said making her leave his hair.

"I'm angry with you laadgovernor." Saying this she sat on the sofa without facing him. He sat behind her and hugged her, wrapping his arms around her waist while placing his chin on her shoulder.

"I knew that my baby is angry with me for flirting like that."

"Why did you done that?" She asked him.

"I like riling you up, you looks damn hot when you give me that I-will-kill-you look." He said placing a kiss on her neck. Khushi slapped his hands away and turned towards him.

"You shouldn't have done that, now my friends think that you are a playboy and arrogant man. Why did you show that much attitude laadgovernor?"

"ASR is incomplete without attitude baby." He winked at her and she pulled his moustache.

"You are turning into a bad boy."

"I like being a bad boy and don't you know that bad boys know how to brings heaven to you."

"It's useless talking to you."

"Yeah, we should stop talking and do some actions." Saying this he lean forward to kiss her which she blocked by placing her palm over her lips.

"No kisses for the stunt you pulled there." She said and removed her hand before covering her lips again.

"And don't try to kiss me on the excuse that I will be missing the kiss." She warned in advance knowing his crooked ways.

"Okay." Saying this he kissed her.

"Laadgovernor, I told you not to kiss me."

"You said no kisses, that means one kiss is allowable." He wicked at her while she shook her head.

"You are such a crooked man."

"Yeah, crooked but yours." He said entwining their hands.

"Baby who is that boy with big ears? The one who sat next to you?" Arnav asked about Yash.

"That's Yash, a post graduate student and a good friend of mine. Hmm you were rude to him, why so?" She questioned.

"Whoever he is, that f**ker is trying to hit on you. You are mine and I don't like the way he looked at you." The ever so possessive Arnav told her.

"Arnav, how can you say that? We are good friends and I don't think that he have a thing for me."

"You are naive baby, I know that look on his face."

"What kind of look?"

"It's the same look I had when you just joined our college."

"You are thinking too much laadgovernor."

"I'm not... I'm sure that he is trying to hit on you."

"So what? Don't you trust me?" She questioned.

"I trust you baby, it's him I don't trust. Man will do anything. Haven't you heard about all that acid attacks and rapes happening because of rejections? What if he do something drastic? You should stay away from him." He adviced her.

"Arnav, when you get concerned you go to the extreme side. Don't worry about me, nothing is going to happen. Yash is a good friend and I can't accept what you are telling me."

"Baby, just be cautious." He said dropping a kiss on her forehead. She nodded her head and hugged him.

Khushi disentangled from the hug and looked at him.

"Arnav, what if something like that happens to me? Will it change everything?"

"First of all, I won't let anything like that happen to you. It won't change anything because you will be still my Khushi irrespective of any other things." Khushi gave him a smile and hugged him tight.

"As you say, forever it is."

"Yup, forever." They sat like that for a moment and Arnav took her to his room.

"Now select a dress to wear on your function." He said lying down a few dresses.

"Geez Raizada, you were planning to wear this dirty dress to my college?" She asked looking at the ripped tshirt.

"Baby, an article quotes that this tshirt makes me sexy." He teased her.

"I will kill you of you come to my college wearing this tshirt full of holes." She dropped that tshirt and moved to the next one.

"Hmm it looks good but don't wear it to my college. I don't want to hear all that pregnancy comments." Khushi said rolling her eyes.

"Pregnancy comments?" Arnav is totally clueless about it.

"Here is some examples,he can get anyone pregnant with that look or my ovaries are going to get explored because of his sexiness. Girls are so shameless." Khushi said with a pinch of jealous while he smiled at her. He stood behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Practically it's impossible to get someone pregnant by looks. If it was possible, we would have created our own football team by now. I could have guaranteed you that you would have continuosly being pregnant since our first year onwards." Khushi blushed at his comment and looked at the mirror.

"You would look damn cute with a baby bump." He said running his hand over her stomach as they stared at their side view.

"Someday in future." He kissed her blushing cheek and asked her to select the dress.

Khushi selected a formal dress, a grey colour suite paired with a white shirt.

"This look good, you should also try to wear something grey." Arnav said checking out the dress.

"But surely not saree. You in saree is sheer torture to me."

"What if I wear a saree?"

"Don't do that baby, you don't want everyone to see my buddy in action?" He gave her a lopside smile while she stood there horrid with the mere thought of it.

"No, never."

"So don't wear a saree, wear something not that provocative."

"Did someone invented something like that? Because you get provocated by whatever I wear."

"That's also true, but nothing is deadliest than you in a saree." He said running his finger over her arms.

"Okay laadgovernor, I will keep that in mind." She agreed and left after having lunch with him.

After two weeks he visited her college and he behaved well. Khushi worn a grey jeans paired with a white top which had floral thread works. She was the one who invited him to the stage and one of the coordinator of the program. They looked like a couple with their matching dresses. On the exhibition, he purchased two painting one of which was done by her. She got surprised by that because she haven't mentioned about her painting to him.The program members were happy with the payment he made for those paintings.

Later that day, Khushi called Arnav to know how he selected her painting.

"Well that's easy, every painter have their own style and I know about yours. Your painting are just like you baby, it is vibrant and gives a soothing feeling. The moment I saw that painting i knew that it was yours, then I saw your signature and got the confirmation. The painting looks good and I'm planning to give it to Nani." He replied to her.

"Anyway everyone was happy about your arrival. Thanks for behaving well."

"Thanks for not wearing a saree then." They talked and teased eachother before cutting the call.

************

Few months after, Khushi is walking out of her college when Yash joined her. Their college will be over within a few weeks and Yash talked about his future plans to her.

"Well, all the best Yash. I hope that all your dream come true."

"Khushi, I wanted to say something to you."

"What is it Yash?"

"Khushi, I love you. I have been waiting for a long time to say this but didn't get the courage. I really love you." Yash said making her startled. Before she can grasp everything, he pulled her closer and lean forward to kiss her. She pushed him away as soon as she felt his breathe on her face.

"What the hell are you doing? Don't you know that I'm in a relationship." She shouted holding her bag properly.

"Khushi, I knew that you are faking your relationship. Nobody have seen or heard about your boyfriend. Even if you have one, I don't think that you should stay in a relationship where he isn't ready to meet with your friends." Yash told her.

"My relationship is none of your business. You can think whatever you want but I know how beautiful it is. Yash I have never seen you like that, you are my friend."

"I don't want to be your friend Khushi. I love you and I want to marry you. Why can't you accept me? Is it because of my religion? I'm even ready to convert for you. I don't care about you being an amputee, you are much more than that."

"Ohh yehweh, this is hard. Yash I don't love you and it has nothing to do with religion. I'm in love with a man who loves me more than anything in this world. Please understand this and forget about me." Saying this she turned around to walk away. She walked a little when Yash shouted from behind.

"Khushi, you are faking your relationship. I'm sure about it." Khushi ignored him and kept walking. Yash walked towards her and tried to hold her hand but caught hold of her sleeve, exposing her shoulder. Khushi got freezer for a moment and slapped him hard for that.

"I don't love you and that's the end of the story." She told him and walked away from there, leaving a devastated Yash. A lone tear trailed down from his eyes as he recalled the love bites he has seen on her shoulder blades.

"I wish it was me." He muttered and walked away from there. On that day, Arnav had an hard time consoling Khushi. She felt disappointed with herself for ignoring Arnav's word while she got sad for losing a good friend. She cherished all the friendship she got in her college and it hurts knowing that she lost one of them. Above all that she felt angry over Yash for believing that her relationship is fake. Arnav patiently heard her feelings and adviced her to be careful. He knew how much value she gives to her friends and understood her emotions. She made him promise not to interfere in this matter and let her manage it. Being the protective boyfriend, he didn't agree to that. After a long argument they decided to let Khushi handle it first and if he continues to pressure her after that then Arnav will takes matters in his hand.

Khushi went to talk with Yash on the next day.

"Don't worry Khushi, I won't force you to accept me. I get that you are in a relationship and i have no hard feeling on you. It was me who imagined all that. I will be okay, trust me."

"Yash, I'm glad that you understood that. You should forget about it and move on. I don't want to see my friend being like this." Khushi told him.

"I will try to move on Khushi, give me some time. Also, it's hard for me to see you as a friend and I need time for that. I don't know if I can ever see you only as a friend." Yash told her with a heavy heart making her feel sad for him.

"I wish it was me, I wish if I could have meet you earlier than your boyfriend." Khushi stood there not knowing what to say to him.

"I hope you find someone who will love you like the way you deserve." Khushi replied.

"I wish it was you. Can I ask you something Khushi?" He asked her and she nodded her head.

"If it didn't work with you and your boyfriend, will you give us a chance?" He asked with a lot of hope.

"Don't wait for me Yash. There cannot be a 'us'." Saying this she took her bag to leave from there. Yash give her a tight smile.

"All the best Khushi. I don't think that I can be your friend anymore. Can I hug you for a last time?" Yash asked Khushi. She nodded her head and gave him a hug.

"I will always cherish your friendship Yash. Thanks for being a good friend." She said and left from there leaving a disheartened Yash.

"Hey yehweh, please show him the right path and gave him a love that will make him forgot about everything." Khushi prayed and walked away from there.

*******************

Months later. Arnav is in Delhi and she have completed her arts degree.

"Baby, I have entered your name in the cycle marathon rally as a part of environment conservation awareness program." Arnav dropped the bomb on her.

"What?? Why on earth did you done that?" She asked getting up from her bed.

"Go and show the world your cycling skill baby. It's not a competition, it's just a rally for a good cause. You can do it." He encouraged her.

"Are you sure? I haven't ride on a busy road." She told him.

"It's a rally and you don't need to worry about the traffic rules and all. Just go and ride it. Paramjeet paji will bring you the cycle on that day along with your gears. You can practice a lit big before the actual rally."

"Is it safe?" She asked him.

"Yup, you are a decent rider baby. So give it a try."

"Okay...let's see." She agreed and went to the rally. Khushi cooked up a story of learning cycling from another amputee friend to her family. She told them that her friend will be borrowing he ra cycle for the rally. Davis being a concerned father asked her to show him the cycle and her skill. So Khushi asked Arnav to deliver the cycle two days before the rally. Her father made sure that she can ride the cycle very well and decided to accompany her to the rally. Most of the people were surprised to see an amputee cyclist for the first time. Their constant gaze made her uncomfortable. Once the rally get over, all she got was admiring glance from everyone. People told her how inspring it is to see her doing that. On that day, hwr social media account got flowed with comments. So many amputees messaged her and let her knew how she inspired them to get over with their fear of riding a cycle with a prosthetic leg. She even got a small space in the newspaper too.

"I'm damn proud of you baby." Arnav said through the phone.

"I wish you were here. It's all because of you Arnav." She said getting emotional.

"I'm not in a mood to talk to a cry baby. I'm expecting my superwoman." Khushi wiped her tears and smiled.

"I'm the luckiest girl to have you and my abba in my life. Both of you kept your trust on me when I wasn't sure. Arnav,do you know how many amputees messaged me? They all wanted to learn this and I told them what to do."

"I'm glad that it all turned out to be good. So my rider baby, tell me when will this laadgovernor get a ride?" He went into his shameless mode.

"You know that I still haven't learn to ride with someone behind me." She mentioned about the cycle.

"Well you can ride by being on top." At first Khushi didn't get it, but hearing the tone she understood what he meant.

"Shameless man, always teasing me with that."

"Won't you at least give a ride for the best boyfriend in this world? Don't you remember how you..." He teased her.

"Shut up laadgovernor, I will do all that once you get back here. Happy now?"

"Very much and eagerly waiting for that." Khushi can sense the smirk formed on his face.

"You are wicked Raizada."

"And you are a rider baby." He teased the hell out of her before cutting the call.

Flashback ends.

Arnav went directly to Shantivan. He is hell angry on his dadi for talking about dowry and all.

"Dadi I already warned you to shut your mouth when you would be at her home but you proved me wrong. I will not tolerate this behaviour towards her or her family."

"I didn't spoke anything wrong Arnav. It's a custom to give money, in your case it's needed as she is an amputee."

"Screw your customs. How much money you need, I will give you all that." He shouted at her when arvind came there.

"Arnav, let me handle it. I will convince your dadi regarding this." He told his son.

"You sure dad?" Arnav questioned his father.

"Yes, maa will surely understand what you want." Arvind promised.

"Why are you supporting him Arvind? You are ruining your son's life. Arnav you should know something, something which was your maa's wish." Sumithra put forward her trump card. Arnav stood there to know what's her next move will be

"Do you remember Ishika from Verma family with who we had business ties? Ratna always wanted you to marry the Ishika. I found out that she completed her studies from abroad and is helping her father in business. Don't you want to fulfill your maa's wish Arnav?" Dadi asked acting like being emotional.

"No, I don't want to fulfill her wish. I'm a selfish man and I only care about my wishes. I won't bow down to anyone wishes over mine." Arnav said arrogantly.

"Arnav, how can you do this?" Sumithra asked him.

"Told you that I'm still the same Arnav. I will be marrying Khushi. You take it or leave it, it's upto you. You can shove your opinion in you throat than spitting it out." He said firmly and looked at his father.

"I hope that you will deal her dad or else I will do what I can do." Saying this he went from there. Arvind understood what he meant and decided to convince his mother so that he gets the investment promised by Arnav.

************

Davis and Elisa started to call their family member and informed them about her marriage. Most of them were expecting her marriage, but not this soon. For security purpose Davis agreed to not reveal the real name and profession of Arnav to anyone through phone. Few of her relatives were against the idea of getting her married to someone outside their religion. Some of them taunt Khushi for being in a relationship and betraying the trust of her parents.

Khushi apologized her parents for putting them through this. Her parents advised her not to worry about the opinion of their relatives. She also showed her concerned regarding the marriage expenses and again they assured her that they have got it covered. She gave her saving to her father for that which he eventually accept after a lot of compulsion.

Few days after the roka ceremony, Elisa welcomed Arnav into their house who gave them a surprise visit. Kasi and Khushi were out for studies and work respectively.

"Sorry for the unexpected visit aunty. Is sir here?" He asked about her father.

"Yes, I will call Davis. Please be seated Arnav." Elisa called Davis and he came to the hall.

"Arnav? Are you here to see Khushi?" Davis asked him.

"No sir, I'm here to see both of you. I got this for you." Saying this he gave them a small packet.

"What is it Arnav?" Elisa asked.

"Recently I got an advertisement deal related to a perfume brand. They gave a few products as complimentary and I got this for you. I hope that you will accept it." He said politely. Davis and Elisa looked at each other and Elisa squeezed her husband hand lightly.

"Thanks for the gift beta, I will go and bring the tea for you." Saying this Elisa is about to get up when Arnav stopped her.

"I'm here because I wanted to talk to you." Arnav repeated the sentence he said one year ago.

"What is it?" Davis asked getting anxious. He don't know if he is here to reject this proposal because of his family. For a moment fear gripped him thinking about his daughter who is in love with the man sitting in front of him.

"I don't know if Khushi have said this to you or not, but I felt that I should tell you about it." Arnav started.

"I was 13 when I lost my mother. My father had an affair with my current step mother and had Nirav. My mother couldn't take this and she ended her life in front of me. I had to witness my mother getting hanged to death and that was a severe blow on my mental health. I was under psychiatric treatment for two years because of post traumatic stress disorder. At that time I was under the care of my nani and mamaji. Later I started staying with my father and his family." He paused for a moment and gave them time to absorb the facts.

"After that, I lost control over myself. Sir, I was a drug addict, alcoholic and chain smoker. I left drugs during my late teens and stopped smoking when I get into relationship with your daughter. I reduced my alcohol consumption and drinks occasionally now. I don't want you to know about this from anyone else. I can understand what's going through in your mind. I too have sisters and if their prospective grooms say this to me I would be skeptical too. Sir, I can promise you that I won't hurt Khushi with my old habits. Whatever decision you take, I won't back away from marrying Khushi. Sorry if that sounds rude to you but that my stand on this."

By now Davis and Elisa understood that Arnav is a person who talk whatever he want to convey without any fear or hesitation.

"Hmm, Khushi knew about all these from the start?" Davis asked him.

"When we met I was still a chain smoker. One year after our relationship, I told her everything and she kept her trust on me. Sir nobody have ever understood me like the way your daughter did and I don't break that trust she have on me." Arnav explained.

"Our past were a lot for both of you to accept. May be that's why she didn't tell you everything all together. I'm also here to get your permission to take Khushi on a dinner date. I want to take her for a dinner at La Paradise on xx/xx/xxxx day at seven. I hope that you will consider my request sir." He dropped another bomb on them.

"I promise you to drop her back home by 9 after our dinner." He added.

"I will let you know about later Arnav." Davis told him. He needs time to grasp and understand everything Arnav told them. As a father he have to make sure that his daughter will be in safe hand.

"Sure sir, I will see you later." He replied and went from there. Elisa looked at her husband who sat there lost in thoughts.

**************

On the same time, miles away from Arshi the shooting of a film is progressing in Ireland. Nyra Khanna went to her caravan while her assistant followed her.

"I'm dam tired of this back to back shooting. I just wait to go back to India." She said drinking the water.

"Back to India or ASR?" Her assistant Malati teased her.

"That's always there. One more month, then I will be back to india. You know I'm planning to ask ASR out. He seems to be a person who dont make the first move. So lets do it myself."

"Omg,what is happening to Nyra the super star? Are you really serious about ASR?"

"I think I'm, because he is different from all other men I have seen in my life. You know what all the men in my life needed from me? From childhood itself, it's all about my body and eventually I gave them that without expecting anything in return. Everyone seems to be gentleman in front of the camera and behind that they all are hunters. ASR is the first gentleman I have seen after my father. He never looked at me inappropriately, he is the most decent man I have ever worked with. Malati, I can't help but fell in love with such a man." Malati can sense the desperation in Nyra's voice for love. Malati knew Nyra from teenage. She have seen her growth from being a survivor of child sexual abuse by her stepfather to this most sought actress in the industry. She have seen men breaking her heart after they get what they want. Today that same Nyra has been fell in love with a man who don't even give a glance to her. She hoped that Nyra get her happily ever after with a man who will love and heal her wounds.

***************
Vote and comment because it took me a week to write this and have 8500+ words in total.

Do vote for Silver Lining in Choice Award. You will find the link in my profile description.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.9K 3K 11
Subgenre: Angst -UNEDITED VERSION- Is it possible to be flawless? Is it a sin to born with a flaw? Can't a flawless person deserve a happy life? Can...
51.9K 2K 9
WON THE 2ND POSITION IN CRITICS CHOICE AWARDS 2021 ... CATEGORY : FANFICTION (HINDI/HINGLISH ONLY) Standalone,highest rank: #4 in acceptance , #23 i...
147K 7.8K 44
Two individuals, poles apart. One is sophisticated while the other one is naive, one is ruthless while the other one is bubbly. A story about two peo...
340K 13.6K 49
It is a love hate story. When two people fall in love but their surrounding is just filled with hate... they do fight with their love but is it enoug...