Orphan Girl

By Fastucaa

Oakley has no one. No family and most definitely no friends. She doesn't fit in anywhere and she gets that. T... More

Orphan Girl (1)
Orphan Girl (2)
Orphan Girl (3)
Orphan Girl (4)
Orphan Girl (5)
Orphan Girl (6)
Orphan Girl (7)
Orphan Girl (8)
Orphan Girl (9)
Orphan Girl (10)
Orphan Girl (11)
Orphan Girl (12)
Orphan Girl (13)
Orphan Girl (14)
Orphan Girl (15)
Orphan Girl (16)
Orphan Girl (17)
Orphan Girl (18)
Orphan Girl (19)
Orphan Girl (20)
Orphan Girl (21)
Orphan Girl (22)
Orphan Girl (23)
Orphan Girl (24)
Orphan Girl (25)
Orphan Girl (26)
Orphan Girl (27)
Orphan Girl (28)
Orphan Girl (29)
Orphan Girl (30)
Epilogue
authors note
VOTING FOR ORPHAN GIRL
NEW CHAPTER

Orphan Girl (31)

10.6K 264 28
By Fastucaa

oh my gosh this is the last chapter :(((((((((

i felt so sad writing it!!! 

there will be an epilogue though dont worry!

**************************************************************************************************

She was walking closer towards me. I didn’t want to change into a wolf. That would only make her more frightened. I honestly didn’t have a clue what I was doing right now. How was I going to make her change back without hurting her?

“Oakley you’re going to have to calm down. It’s me, Scott.” I told her. My arms were in front of me trying to reassure her that I wasn’t going to hurt her. She needed to know that. I wasn’t the threat here.

She snarled at me in response and I started to worry a little. I took a step back and my back slammed against the wall. I new that I couldn’t go back any further, this was as far as I could go.

“Oakley you have to stop this alright!” I didn’t want to. I never have before and I honestly thought I would have to use my Alpha voice on her. I just prayed this would all work out okay.

To my advantage, she stopped walking. It must have worked, she listened to me. She looked at me confused. The poor girl was probably fighting with her wolf trying to understand what the hell was going on right now.

“Oakley it’s going to be okay. Turn back into a human. You’ll feel much better, trust me.” I told her.

She was listening to me. Oh thank goodness. She was going to be okay. With her two back legs she sat down and rested her paws on the floor. She was concentrating on changing back to a human.

Suddenly just before she changed the door was pulled open and screaming voices came through scaring Oakley.

“Don’t change Oakley, you’re a wolf. You have to stay that way, it’s who you are now.” I glared at Edge as he spoke. What the hell did he think he was doing?

“Edge get out of here, you have done enough.” I roared.

“She is apart of my pack Scott. She doesn’t listen to you anymore. She’s the Alpha’s daughter now. You’re the one who doesn’t belong here mate.” He challenged, raising an eyebrow.

I froze in shock refusing to believe the truth. So did Oakley. She was no longer thinking about changing. She was listening to Edge. He was higher than she was because he was older by probably a few years. I had to stop this; there was no way I was going to let Edge take her from me when she was so close.

“Edge why do you want her so desperately? She means nothing to you. Your pack is one of the biggest packs in the world; one extra girl won’t do anything to it. Give it up.” I tried to reason with him.

“She is my sister Scott. Mate or not, she is staying here with me. She’s the second in command now. Technically, correct me if I’m wrong, but she’s your enemy now. You shouldn’t be trying to protect her. I’m doing you a favour.” Edge challenged.

He was right. Our packs were enemies. We shouldn’t even be civilized to each other.

“She is mine Edge. Jim is gone now. You don’t need to keep this tough act going. Leave us alone and Oakley and I will be out of your hands for the rest of your life.” I told him. If I could get Oakley’s attention and get her to change everything will be okay.

“You can’t have her!” Edge stopped his foot acting like a three year old.

“Back off Edge.” I growled. He had no right just to come here and try to take her away from me. I already thought I had lost her once; I didn’t need to go through it again.

Edge was furious. He was so angry he started to shake. He was changing.

There was only one thing for me to do now. I had to change too, or else it was goodbye to Oakley and myself. I changed quickly into my wolf, feeling relieved once I was on all fours.

I ran to Oakley and with my nose I tried to tell her to move out of the way. In her wolf form I assume she thought I was going to hurt her. She was probably so scared of everything right now. Oakley didn’t recognise me at the moment, although I wasn’t expecting her too. She was new to the whole four feet thing. I just had to calm her down and get her to change back and everything would be under control.

I looked into her eyes and got her attention.

“Oakley.” I said in my mind transporting it to her. I saw her body jump back, her head searching around the whole room looking for the voice.

“You need to come back to me. Think really hard about the person you used to be. I need to you to change back into a human Oakley. I need you to remember yourself again.” I told her.

She looked back at me, her face showing confusion.

I didn’t know if she knew how to reply to me, so I stood in front of her and waited for her to obey my orders.

As I turned to face the other way I heard a small scared voice in my head.

“How?” She whimpered.

I smiled to myself. “Think of your human form Oakley Green. Remember who you were and quickly. Think real hard, you can do it, I know you can.” I reassured her. I looked around the room to see where Edge was but was puzzled when he wasn’t anywhere to be found couldn’t see him in the room. The coward was running away from me I bet. Too scared to fight me I’m sure.

I brought my thoughts back to Oakley and heard bones cracking next to me. Quickly changing myself, so I wouldn’t frighten her I grabbed the pants next to me and shoved them on. I turned to her to see her on her hands and knees breathing heavily.

She was alive.

My Oakley was alive and okay.

“Oakley?” I asked kneeling down to her aid.

She looked up at me and burst into tears. She flung her arms around me and sobbed so hard.

“Don’t make me do it again please don’t ever make me do it again.” She whispered over and over again into my shoulder.

“Oakley what’s the matter?” I asked her.

“I hated it, please Scott don’t make me become one of them again, I don’t want to. I’ll do anything just don’t make me please.”

She didn’t want to be a wolf. Hell I didn’t want to be after the first time I changed. I lasted three months without changing and caved. I couldn’t last another second. We would come to that bridge when I came though. Right now she was staying as my little Oakley.

“It’s okay Oakley. No one will touch you now, I’m here.” I kissed her check and rocked her back and forth.

We stayed in this position for hours. It was amazing to hold her in my arms again.

I looked down at her delicate face and saw she was finally asleep. After crying for hours she had tired herself to sleep. She needed as much rest as possible right now.

Carefully without trying to wake her, I lifted Oakley in my arms and pulled her close to me. I headed over to the doorway and looked both left and right just to make sure Edge wasn’t waiting to attack us.

As I carefully walked to the front door to get out of here, I remembered about Oakley’s horrible bit mark on her shoulder. My eyes darted to her naked shoulder to see the open wound still bleeding. Why didn’t it heal properly?

Whenever I turn into my wolf form all scares and marks disappear. Why didn’t it work for her? This day was getting more frightening each minute.

“Scott is that you?” A voice called from front of the house.

I froze.   I couldn’t fight someone off when Oakley was still in danger.  She wasn’t healing and she needed help as soon as possible.

“Who’s there?” I asked quietly.

“It’s Jason where are you? Where’s Oakley? Is she alright?” Jason called.

“Help me Jason, Oakley needs help, call the ambulance now.” I called back to him.

Jason walked out through the front hallway and gasped at the sight of Oakley.

“Scott are you sure that’s such a good idea? What are you going to tell them?” Jason was being reasonable about this.

“Jason I could not give a dam what they think. Call the ambulance and hurry.” I yelled in his face.

I didn’t have time for all these stupid questions. I needed to help out Oakley and find out what the hell was going on.

Jason turned around and pulled out his mobile phone. He called 000 and quickly spoke to someone who said they would be there in ten minutes.

I pulled Oakley close to me once again and hugged her tightly. I don’t know what’s going to happen now, but all I do know is that I will never ever leave Oakley alone again.

I put her life in danger and that is something that will never happen again.  

Oakley’s P.O.V

I woke up feeling drowsy. Like I could sleep for another ten hours and still not be satisfied. I opened my eyes and gasped as I looked around. Machines and cords where surrounding me. What in the world happened?

My hands rose to my head and I felt a bandage wrapped around it. Where was I? It didn’t look like a hospital, I’ve spent my fair share of time there and this is most defiantly not what they look like.

I thought back to the past few days and what might have caused me to wind up here. I thought about Scott and the orphanage, when I remembered the Kelang’s. That’s when it all rushed back to me.

My eyes shot to my shoulder and saw it was taped with all different types of medical taps invented. I tried to pull up my hand and gasped in pain. Okay so it really did happen. I wasn’t dreaming.

Hold on, if I wasn’t dreaming, where the hell was Scott? Was I still in Melton? How did I escape then? Maybe Jason helped me.

I had so many questions that I needed answers to right away.

As if someone read my mind, the door opened and a middle aged women walked in with a sympathetic look on her face. Closing the door behind her and smiled when she saw me staring back at her.

“Oh Oakley thank goodness you’re awake I had my doubts about you after a few days.” She muttered sitting down on the empty chair beside me.

I looked up at this woman and stared at her in confusion. Who in the world was this woman and why was she worried about me?

“Oh honey I understand that you’re confused and worried, everything will make much sense soon don’t worry.” She patted my leg closest to her.

“I don’t mean to be rude or anything, but who are you and where am I?” I asked extremely embarrassed to question who this nice lady was.

“Oh I’m so sorry how rude of me. I’m Scott’s mother Maryanne. He brought you here after you went to the hospital in Melton.” She answered me.

“Scott?” I asked.

So Scott was the one who saved me? I don’t remember anything after Edge bit me and then changed into a wolf. That’s it. Everything after that is a blur.

“Is Scott around by any chance, I think I need to talk to him.” I muttered to Maryanne.

“Oh hon, he just left around ten minutes ago. He hasn’t left your side this whole week. We forced him out earlier today, he looked horrible. Hadn’t gone for a run in weeks. He really loves you Oakley.” She smiled.

I did that to him? I didn’t mean to cause anyone any trouble. All this was just crazy.

Before I could ask her when she thought he would come back the door burst open, Scott looking around the room brutally.

When his eyes laid on me he ran towards me kneeling at the other side of the bed.

“Hey,” I smiled down at him.

He smiled signing in relief. His hand rose up to my cheek and he held it.

“Don’t you ever do that again, do you hear me? I’ve been worried sick about you Oakley. I didn’t think you would wake up again.” He shook his head at the horrible thoughts.

“I don’t think I would do that to you.” I smiled trying to lighten the mood.

“Good, you scared me so much Oakley.” He told me.

“How did we get back here? I thought we were still in Melton.” I asked him.

“After the doctors at the hospital in Melton told us that you would be aright, we put you in an ambulance and drove here so you could be more comfortable and safe.” I smiled.

“Are you alright?” I asked.

“Not even a scratch was left on my body.” He replied to me.

 I smiled at him; finally everything was going to be okay. He lent in and came closer to me kissing my lips softly, trying not to hurt me. He was the most caring boy I had ever met.

Before our little make up session continued a voice cleared their throat. Completely forgetting that Scott’s mother was still in the room, I pushed Scott away blushing.

Maryanne laughed at the sight of us and stood up.

“I’ll come back and check on you to in an hour of so. Make sure she gets her rest Scott.” She smiled at us both before leaving us alone.

“Scott that was so embarrassing, we just made out in front of your mother!” I gasped.

All Scott did was laugh, “You’re so cute when you’re embarrassed. Don’t worry about her, she’ll be seeing a lot more of it, she can get used to it.” He shrugged his shoulders.

Everything that had happened over the past week was still a blur, I wasn’t completely sure if everything was real or not. I didn’t want to ask him just in case it wasn’t.

“What are you thinking about?” He smiled at me stroking my hand.

“I need to ask you something important.” I managed to say.

His back straightened at the sound of my voice and the smile left his face. “What’s up?”

“Am I a wolf Scott? Please just tell me I was dreaming that bit please.” I wished. I don’t know what I had against them. I didn’t care that Scott was one of them, but it was just something that I didn’t want for me.

“Want the truth?” He signed.

I didn’t want to hear it. The tone in Scott’s voice told me enough. I closed my eyes and turned my head.

“Is it that bad Oakley?” He asked me.

“Do all wolves have to kill?” I asked him.

He chuckled at my response. “No Oakley, you don’t even have to eat animals or raw meat like the stories say. Maybe a couple of times in a month you have to change to keep yourself healthy. Other than that you’re a normal girl.” He smiled at me.

I guess that didn’t seam that bad.

“Do you hate me?” I asked him. This was my final question. I had to know.

Scott looked stunned. “Oakley I just told you how much it pained me while you were unconscious, why in the world would I possibly hate you?” He demanded.

“I’m a wolf Scott. Jim’s my father. I’m related to one of the world’s worst criminals. How can you be okay with that?” 

He smiled at me again. “Oakley you’re my mate and I love you so much. I couldn’t care less if your uncle was the devil. They aren’t you. I love you Oakley, you need to remember that.” He stood up and carefully shoved me over so he could lie down next to me.

He wrapped his arm around me and I lent my head on his chest.

“I love you Scott.” I mumbled into his shirt before closing my eyes.

“Get some rest Oakley, we’ll take about it more tomorrow.” He kissed my forehead.

That was the last thing I remembered, falling asleep in the arms of the man who has accepted me for who I am, and where I came from.

He doesn’t care that about my past of where I live, he loves me, Oakley Green, the girl who was just a boring orphan girl who didn’t have any friends. I couldn’t ask for a better life right now.

Jason’s P.O.V

When the ambulance finally came they wheeled Oakley into the car only letting one passenger with them. Scott didn’t leave her side, so I didn’t even bother asking.

I just prayed that she would be okay. She was strong, now that she shifted her body would become stronger and she could fight it off. I didn’t know what to do now. I had no clue where Edge ran off to and I didn’t want to know. He was afraid that Scott would kill him, hell I was afraid Scott would kill me he was that angry.

I just wish I had the chance to explain why I was here in the first place. I had to tell her. Maybe when she gets better and is out of the hospital I could talk to her alone, if Scott lets me.

I turned my back to the house and headed to the beach, maybe if I stay here for a while, I could call Scott and he will pick me up. I scuffed my feet while crossing the road. I honestly didn’t care what happened to me now. The orphanage was falling apart. Maybe now that Oakley was coming home she would come back – I highly doubt that though.

My feet sunk into the sand as I reached the beach. I loved the feeling of the sand crystals crawling between my toes, as girly as that sounds it relaxes me. I looked around and signed when there was barely anyone around. I sat down on of the benches and looked out at the water. If I had a normal childhood I would have come here all the time with my mates and learnt how to surf. That would have been pretty cool. I love the water; it calms me down and makes me forget about everything.

I stood up and stretched my muscles, I guess it was time to call Scott and see what’s going on.

“Hennery Stop running please!” I heard a young voice call behind me. I turned around and saw a little boy maybe around five years old sprinting towards the water. I saw a young girl maybe a year or so younger than me running after him. She looked slightly familiar. Where would I have seen this girl before? I’ve never been to Melton before; I have no clue where I would have seen her.

“Hey you, help me, grab him, he doesn’t know how to swim.” The girl called to me. I looked back to the little boy who was close to the water and sprinted after him. Just before the kid touched the water I scooped him up in my arm and pulled him away.

I walked away from the water and put the boy on his feet.

“I like water.” He muttered grumpily crossing his arms and stomping his feet. I smiled at him. I was the same when I was little and mum didn’t want me going into the water.

The girl finally stopped next to the little kid panting. She rested her hands on her knees and breathed heavily.

“You ah, you alright there?” I smiled at her. She looked like she had run a marathon.

“You do not understand how fast this kid is. He’s been running for like an hour.” She shook her head trying to catch her breath. 

I just couldn’t shake the feeling that I had seen her before. She looked so familiar to me.

“I’m Brooke, thanks again for helping me too.” I froze when she told me her name. I had only heard that name once, and never again. I lifted my head up and stared at the girl. My eyes widened at the sight of her.

“What is there something on my face? Why are you staring at me like that?” She asked taking a step backwards.

“Brooke Hook right?” I asked slowly. Please don’t run away from me Brooke just stop and remember.

She scrunched her nose up and looked at me with a confused look. “How do you know my name?”

“Where are your parents?” I asked her. It felt strange not saying our parents, but I didn’t want to stress her out.

“Dad’s gone to get me and my brother some ice-cream why who are you?” Man she wasn’t afraid to talk to strangers. Mum and dad should have taught her better.

Hold on, she said my brother and me. That’s when I looked down at the little man playing in the sand and realised that he was also my brother too.

I opened my mouth to ask her another question when a deep voice interrupted us.

“Brooke why did you run off like that? I told you to look after Hennery. You should have waited for me before you two went running off.” A man whom I remember perfectly growled at Brooke.

Crap what if he remembered me. Of course he wouldn’t, he sold me off. He doesn’t care about me.

“Dad met my new friend. He stopped Hennery from running into the water. I’m sorry I didn’t catch your name.” She looked up at me at the same time as her father. When he saw me staring back at him he also froze up, tensing his back.

“My names,” I was cut off once again by my own father.

“Jason.” He finished.

Brooke looked up at her father in confusion. “How do you know my friend dad? Do you guys know each other?” She asked.

I didn’t take my eyes of him and neither did he. Dad hadn’t change a single bit. He looked older though; I guess that’s what ten years does to someone. There were black circles under his eyes which made him look at least 60.

“What are you doing here?” I asked first.

He was taken back at my question.

“Brooke, Hennery and I have lived here for eight years now. What are you doing here Jason?” He retorted.

“Jim Kelang brought me here a week ago.” I stated. I didn’t give him the satisfactory and tell him all about my life and the orphanage. He didn’t care.

“Dad I’m hungry!” Hennery whined.

Dad’s gaze dropped to the little boy and he picked him up holding him his little ice-cream that was melted everywhere.

“Where’s mum?” I asked him.

He froze again.

“Dad’s what’s going on?” Brooke asked. I noticed she wasn’t her friendly bubbly self like she was when I met her ten minutes ago. She had moved behind dad’s leg and looked as if she was scared of me. That’s the last thing I wanted. My own sister scared of me.

“Brooke do you want to walk back to the house? Can I trust you to look after Hennery?” Dad asked her.

She slowly nodded and took her brother out of dad’s hands.

When she was out of sight, dad walked to the park bench seat and sat down. He took his shoes off and let his feet dig into the sand, following him, I sat down beside him.

“She left years ago.” He muttered so softly I barely heard him.

“Why?” I asked.

“Couldn’t deal with what we did to you. She hated herself. We both did.” He refused to look at me. His eyes were glued to the sand.

“It she hated herself, why’d she do it then?” I responded.

“It’s not like we had a choice Jason. That was the last thing we wanted to happen to you.” He told me.

“Why’d you let him take me then huh? You wouldn’t even understand half the stuff I went through. All I wanted to do was stay with Brooke that’s it. Why did he take me?” I asked my ‘father’.

He didn’t say anything his eyes were watering, he was crying over his mistakes.

“WHY DID YOU LET HIM TAKE ME DAMMIT?” I shouted rising to my feet.

“He threated to kill you and Brooke. It was that or let him take you and raise you as his own son.”

“That's the last thing he did. After awhile of staying with him I ended up in the hospital. From then on I have been in and out of foster parents. Good parenting my ass.” I growled.

“Why didn’t you contact us or Brooke at least? She cried for weeks that her older brother wasn’t there to open her milo tin, and play twister with her. She just wanted to hear your voice. We all did.” He sobbed.

“Jim wouldn’t let me, told me that you cut all connections with me because you didn’t want anything to do with me. I tried to call you guys so many times, I got into trouble every time I did though.”

“Jim promised he would take care of you.” Dad shook his head.

“Yeah well he failed that didn’t he?” I shot back at him.

“Jason I’m sorry, I didn’t mean for anyone this to happen trust me. He said that he would keep you safe. He was obsessed with you and Brooke the only way I could protect you both from getting killed was to give in. I didn’t have any other choice I swear.” He explained.

“I needed you Dad. I needed you and you weren’t there. Every time the phone rang I hoped it was you and was disappointed every dam time. Every time the doorbell rang I ran to it opening it expecting you to be they’re waiting for me. Yet I was disappointed over and over again. I escaped from Jim once; I managed to run home back to you guys. I banged on the door for hours crying and screamed for you to open it and let me in. Two strangers opened it after awhile with a phone in their hand telling me that they had called the police, as I was a public disturbance. Do you get how that made me feel? Not only did you leave me, but also you moved on without me. How could you just forget about me like that? At school sports all the boys had there fathers standing behind them cheering them on telling them how amazing they were. You don’t even understand the embarrassment I would go through telling then that my father left me and moved to the other side of the state to get away from me. You and mum ruined my life I need you to know that. I don’t care that you did that to ‘protect me’, If you really wanted to protect me, you would have come to the hospital when I broke my leg because Jim pushed me down the stairs. You would have come when he stabbed me, or starved me almost to death. You would have been there for my best friend and me when he tried to take her away from me and kill her too. But you weren’t. You’ve never been there when I needed you the most. I hate you for that.” I turned away from him to see a shocked tear struck Brooke standing in front of me.

“Jase?” She asked.

She remembered me!

“You know who I am?” I gasped.

“I would never forget about my big brother.” She smiled jumped towards me wrapping her arms around me tightly. I help her so close to me no air could even come between us. I loved this.

“Please don’t leave again Jase. I need you at home. So does dad, he just doesn’t know it yet.” She sobbed into my hair.

I thought about it, honestly I thought so hard about it. What would life be like living with dad again.

I wouldn’t see Oakley again. She was my best friend I loved her so much. I don’t even know if she’s alive or not.

And then there was Chloe. I have not a single clue in the world what I would do without her. She has helped me through almost everything. I loved her with my whole heart, I just don’t know if she felt the same.

“She’s right Jason. We both want you back.” Dad nodded his head.

“I need to go home first. I have family there too. I’m not bailing out on them like you did with me.” I snapped at him. So it was a little rude, but he deserved so much worse.

“Anything Jason, I want to make this work between us again. We can live and become a happy family again. You, me, Brooke and Hennery.” He smiled.

I liked the sound of that. I really did.

Maybe when everything falls into place I can learn to surf with my mates. 

****************************************************

please message me and tell me what you think... 
im still not to happy with this, it could be written a little better i think.. i dunno  

comment, vote, fan :)))) 

the epilogue will be up soon promise!! 

claire  xxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

744K 19.2K 39
Tomorrow is the day Abby's twin brother Aiden finds his mate. Abby has always been jealous of her brother because of his wolf genes. He's the school'...
1.3M 13.9K 18
***EXCERPT ONLY*** He is Captain of the football team. Most popular Guy in school. Can get any girl he wants. Next in line to be Alpha. Logan's not r...
437 19 18
Oakley Herrera is adopted. She known this since she was five. But she adores and loves her laments, however untraditional they are. Her dad, Theodore...
Markie By RuHu

Werewolf

1.4K 92 9
All werewolves have mates. So what happens when you fall for someone before you're 18... "Hopefully hes my mate" is all Markie can think as she waits...