Sonadow Oneshots book 2

By Cookieslikesmilk345

Yep, book 2 of my original one-shots. Art is not mine All characters, unless strictly or explicitly mentioned... More

Experiment Gone Right
The Zombhog
My Blue Angel
Tonight
Bonus bit for the Oneshot Tonight
Flower Prince
Porcelain Doll
Request for Oneshots are open!
Little Zombie Heart
A Christmas Delight!
A Secret for Two (1/3)
Hand Holding
The Demon King's Lover
Meeting The Fathers-in-Law
Cₕₐₒₛ ₕₐₛ ₐ Bᵣₒₜₕₑᵣ!?
Final Wish
The WolfWalker Mobian

When Sonic was There

1.2K 24 27
By Cookieslikesmilk345

// Aight, you can tell I was inspired off the Ghibli film ' When Marnie was there ' but that movie is good and it made me cry in a good way! Also, mostly based on Silver being the protagonist but it's still Sonadow. Also somewhat rewriting what happened near the end in '06.

There was a soft breeze that past by, the sky was a soft blue, and the clouds were puffy. Laying before it was the ruins of of that of a city, and sitting on when of the standing ancient giant. A hedgehog of silver, whose gloves, bracelets, and boots were showing of the future. The hedgehog swung his softly back and forward, as his yellow orbs stared into the sky, reminiscent of that of a friend who he recently lost.

A female purple cat, with powers of fire as she lets half a god into her soul. She did it to save their present, to save the people suffering in this time, to save her friend the silver hedgehog. She used an emerald to help take in the half of a god's soul into her. The hedgehog cried out, his quills swaying softly but there was a bright flash. Covering his face with his arms and closing his eyes, he waits until he peaks out, as he pulls his arms away from his face. There, just laid the emerald. The once red sky was now a soft blue, and the once blazing fire was no more.

Shaking his head, the hedgehog pulls himself away from the edge and stands up. The memory was painful for him. He lost his only friend in a flash like that. Moving his hand to the back of his quills, he pulls out the emerald.

" Blaze... "

He softly murmured her name. A single tear drop stained the emerald, in which it glowed softly before dimming again. The hedgehog never noticed as he puts away the emerald before running and jumps off the ruined building. Closing his eyes, he lets himself fall as gravity takes a hold. His two back quills and five forehead ones shook violently amongst the before turning a transparent turquoise and bounce softly. The hedgehog floated a few feet from the ground before floating upwards. Opening his eyes, the amber eyes held a slight blue color. As did the the markings on his bracelets, the ones on his wrist and cuff of his boots, and the ones on his palms.

Silver. That was his name. The hedgehog just floated there before flying off. Silver made a promise to Blaze, that once they took back their present, they would explore the world together.

" I promise you Blaze... "

He ever spoke so softly.

" I will explore the world for us... for you... "

And with that he started to travel. He could see the people, or survivors who hid away for so long coming out. There was grass that started to grow on the buildings, and it seemed from what he could see in the distances was a field of flowers. Smiling softly, he flies himself over to the fields and lands carefully, not to harm the flowers. He looks around as a breeze picked up, brushing his quills and the flowers. Silver thought it was so beautiful here...

" I always like it when the sun's out and the flowers and wind are living. "

Silver turns around, with a jerk as he jumps from the voice. There stood a blue hedgehog that definitely wasn't there a few moments ago. He was tense, it was shown through his shoulders being up and jagged. Amber scanned him, his quills too were being softly strung by wind, as he had 6 back quills. His form was relaxed as his gloved hands held a little black rose in them. Its thorns seemingly dodged the fingers as his shoes were a soft red, with white straps and a golden buckle. Silver's amber eyes soon met the mysterious hedgehog's emerald eyes. Somehow, just by looking, Silver lost all his tension as he relaxes. The blue hedgehog realizes the situation and gives an apologetic smile, his arm reaching the back of his head as he closes his eyes.

" Sorry, didn't mean to startle you. Just wanted to start some friendly conversation. "

The silver hedgehog hesitated whether he should respond or not, but it seemed as if this stranger was friendly enough.

" It's okay... I'm just not used to people trying to talk to me... I'm Silver, and how did you get here without me noticing? "

Curiosity filled amber eyes as the strange blue hedgehog gives a quiet chuckle before holding his hand out in a friendly gesture.

" I'm Sonic, and I'm the fastest thing alive! "

His attitude was somewhat cocky, but it was genuine, no deceiving that Silver could pick up with his flickering ears. So, with a smile, the hedgehog knew he could trust Sonic.

" Oh wow, really? "

The blue hedgehog nods, as the silver hedgehog hums as whistles. Sonic looks over to Silver as the younger hedgehog points to a nearby hill.

" Well then, I want to see this for myself. I want you to run over to that hill over there. "

Sonic smirks as he sets down the black rose down.

" How about a race? I saw you use your power earlier, I think that's pretty amazing. "

Silver blushed at Sonic's compliment before smiling. For the first time in a while, the silver hedgehog was genuinely happy. Maybe Blaze was watching over him and smiling upon seeing his new friend.

" You're on! "

And so, the two race to the nearby grassy hill. Exhausted, two laid on the ground together and acting as if they knew each other for years. Sonic's eyes were closed as Silver looked upon the clouds. He's never seen puffy white clouds before, this was new to his present. But he doesn't mind, after all, it was a nice change in scenery.

" You know, you're pretty cool, Sonic. "

Opening one eye, the blue hedgehog smiles at Silver.

" Yeah... I get that a lot but I think you're pretty cool too, Silvs. "

Sitting up, it somewhat startled Sonic as the younger one looks down upon the resting hedgehog.

" I know we just met and all, but I feel like I can tell you all my problems. "

Sonic sits up, as he looks over to the younger one and gently puts his gloved hand over Silver's marked one.

" Well? If you want to tell me your problems... you can always trust me. I honestly feel the same. "

Amber eyes met emerald ones before looking up to the sky.

" Sonic... Have you ever lost someone really important to you? Like a friend who sacrificed their life to save yours so you can live on and explore the world? "

Blinking, the blue hedgehog stared at Silver, not responding as his face was blank. That was before he joined in on looking up at the beautiful sky as the breeze started to pick up again.

" I never experienced it myself, but I do know someone who has. "

Silver looks over to Sonic, as he continues to speak.

" His best friend, his sister, the person he was supposed to help not be ill anymore had sacrificed her life so he could go to a planet she wanted to go to. To live on in her memory as he protected the planet. He was in a deep stasis sleeping for 50 years. And after he woke up, and retained his memories because he had amnesia, he realized that someone was already protecting the planet. Me. Now he's my acquaintance but he was my rival at one point. His name was Shadow, you kinda remind me of him except if he did talk about his problems. "

The blue hedgehog snickers as the silver one looked at him confusingly.

" Wait, if you were supposed to protect the world, then how come... "

Silver didn't have to finish his sentence when Sonic answered.

" I'm not sure. That gap in my memory is blank and I'm not sure why. "

The silver hedgehog looked away, understanding his situation.

" Your face is a lot like Shadow's... "

" You really like this Shadow guy, huh? "

Sonic blushed and chuckled, looking away.

" I guess you could say that... "

The two talked till sunset, when Sonic had to leave because he didn't want Tails (his adoptive little brother) to be worried about him. Watching him run off, Silver smiles as he gets up and starts making his way down hill. Sonic and Silver talked a lot about who they were, what they did, and what they wanted to be in the future. And so, from then on, Sonic and Silver always met on that same hill for months. The young hedgehog loved to tease about the blue hero's crush one this ' Shadow the hedgehog ' guy. Because Sonic's ears folded as he blushed like madly and hid his face. In truth, Silver loved Sonic platonically, and vice versa. Their friendship is what the telekinetic hedgehog would cherish forever, just like Blaze's. He also found out that Sonic too was an orphan, he didn't have parents and grew up alone too.

But one day, Sonic stopped showing up, and Silver sighed. He would wait and wait but weeks passed and the young hedgehog gave up. Frustrated, Silver kicked some flowers he picked before sitting down and pulling on his five quills. Sonic probably forgot about him already, maybe he was off marrying this Shadow guy. Sonic was Silver's only friend at this point, as his arms dropped. He really didn't notice that he was crying, but when he did he wiped his face. Standing up, there was no use to stand around for someone who wouldn't come around. Using his powers, he starts to make his way back to the ruined city before landing on a ruined ancient relic of the past. Something had caught his eyes though, and it was a black streak with red.

Shadow.

Sonic had explained what Shadow looked like with massive amounts of detail. Silver got overwhelmed at times but he didn't mind. Being curious, he used his powers and started to follow the streak. He made sure he didn't get seen by the streak as it stopped. It stopped, and it was just as he thought. It really was Shadow the hedgehog as he looked around the place. His eyes looked stunned, like he's seen the city in it's prime time. Silver continues to watch, as he tried to be silent as possible but Shadow looked behind him.

" I can feel your Chaos Energy. Come out whoever you are. "

Silver gulped and made his way out of his hiding place. He didn't know Shadow was that intimidating in person. From what Sonic had explained, he could be a little to somewhat intimidating but this is far from little to somewhat intimidating. His piercing gaze stared right into Silver's soul, as his glare could probably defeat an army of people.

" Who are you? "

" Silver the Hedgehog, and I should be asking the questions, Shadow the Hedgehog! "

The ebony tensed up as he stares, examining the silver hedgehog in front of him. 

" I do have questions about you myself... go ahead and ask away. "

Silver swallows before sighing.

" Where did Sonic go? Do you know where he could be at the moment? "

He could see Shadow tense up, quickly turning his face away as he rolled his hands up into a fist. It was silent, tense, and the albino hedgehog had felt he had just committed a war crime. Shadow turns to him, Ruby red eyes filled with pain and misery, along with tears threatening to fall down.

" How do you know him? "

" I... uh... we visit each other on this hill... we had been for months now. He talks about you a lot. "

The ebony shakes his head and stares off to the distance on his right side.

" That's impossible. He's been dead for 200 years now. "

Sliver gasped, staring at the ebony in shock before shaking his head. The younger hedgehog points an accusing finger at the Ultimate Lifeform.

" That can't be! He tells me how much he crushes on you! And you're here- "

" Because I can't die naturally. And... "

Shadow became silent again. His heart was aching the more he talked about his deceased counterpart. He looks at his left hand before tenderly taking his right hand and removing the glove. Rubbing his ring finger, he reveals a golden ring, staring intensely into amber eyes.

" We had married... I can't believe... No, maybe he came back to see him. He never did get to properly meet him... nor did I. "

At this point, Silver was utterly confused, but he went over to Shadow. He goes to pat him on the back to comfort him, but the ebony's eyes widen, and suddenly he was being held by the wrist.

" Hey! What the hecc-! "

Shadow undoes the bracelet, which completely shocks the albino one. He could never take those off! Taking his glove off, ruby eyes scan his wrist before his eyes widen. Amber eyes followed where the ruby ones were staring at before noticing his strange birthmark. It was in a shape of an R, and Silver could never really explain it. Suddenly, he was embraced into a hug, which the albino was still confused about the whole situation.

" I can't believe it... I thought you died in the Doctor's old lab when Iblis came to be a 100 years. "

Amber's eyes stared confusingly before his eyes widened, remembering three important pieces of dialogue from Sonic.

" Your face is a lot like Shadow's... "

" Heh, sometimes it's like looking in a mirror with your determination and will to help people! "

" I always wanted a beautiful baby boy... "

Beautiful baby boy... It all clicked for Silver. Tears well up in his eyes as he tightly hugs the ebony hedgehog.

" Dad... "

" Son... "

The albino hedgehog soon sobbed in realization that Sonic was his father who came to visit him for the last time. Ugly cries echoed through the city as the Ultimate Lifeform comforts his son.

3 weeks later

Silver was happily making breakfast in a very nice makeshift kitchen in the makeshift house. Humming happily, he heard grumbling from the living room and he rolled his eyes.

" I know, you want to tell me how I came to be and how happy my father was. Just go ahead and tell me. "

The ebony sips on his tea and speaks softly.

" Well, we asked his former nemesis, Dr. Robotnik, if he wanted to do one last project before he completely retired. He agreed, as he asked what he wanted to do for us. We asked to extract our DNA, and make a whole lifeform. I specifically asked if he could somehow get rid of the Black Arms DNA. He agreed once more. "

Silver sits down, tilting his head in slight confusion.

" I thought they were enemies. "

Shadow chuckles before continuing.

" They were both growing older, Robotnik was at the age where death was near him. So they gave up and began becoming acquaintances. Anyways, he told us it would take a very long time for you to form, as he didn't have the equipment his grandfather used on me. Besides, the machinery he had did frequent delays so there would be times we almost had heart attacks because we would think we would lose you. He told Sonic he might never see you breathe air for the first time. As much as he hated the idea of never properly seeing you, he accepted it. "

" But why though!? If he wanted a child so badly, couldn't he adopt? "

Shadow shook his head and looked at Silver.

" I suggested the same thing to him, but he told me it wouldn't have been the same. He wanted a biological baby, one with his DNA. When you were growing in the tube, he would visit every day, telling you stories and singing lullabies. He told you he would be there for you every day until he took his last breath. "

Amber eyes stared into his drink, not noticing the tears that started to form. All this time he thought his parents never loved him, but they did. Just one never got to see him.

" He brought me along, and I would watch him grow older, but still be the same goofy self he was when he was 15. We continued to visit, even after the doctor's death as he wrote in will that we took ownership of his lab. True to his word, I sat by my husband, your father until he died next to you. A week passed and I could tell you missed his voice, because you squirmed a lot in the tube for a whole month after his death. I never stopped visiting though, I only did when the lab was destroyed by Iblis and thought I had lost you. I remembered how horrible I felt, because I thought at the time I had lost the three most important people in my life. First, my best friend/sister, then my husband, and then you. "

Shadow looks over to see tears flowing out of Silver's eyes as he wipes them away softly.

" Hey, don't cry. We're back together now. "

" No, no... it's just... to think Sonic loved me enough to come back to me as a spirit. And during a depressing time in my life too.. "

The ebony looks out the window of their small house. He could only give a small smile.

" What can I say? Your father was a very loving person, and never gave up so easily. If he did, our relationship would've never existed and neither would you. "

Silver just looked at his dad before laying on his side, already exhausted even though it was still morning.

" Dad... could you sing me the lullaby father used to sing? "

Ruby eyes look down at his albino son, before giving him a pat on his head.

" Of course... Silver... "

As Shadow sang, from a distance, on a nearby hill, a blue hedgehog watched. His quills swaying in the wind. Emerald eyes closed as he smiles, slowly fading away.

" I love you both so much, Shadow, Silver... "

And then... it was like he never existed in the first place. It was a beautiful sunny day, and Silver was now living his best life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

553K 12.1K 39
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
669K 33.2K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
2.2M 114K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
903K 41.4K 175
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one