Colorful (H.S) | ✔️

By flightless101

[COMPLETED] Legend has it, everyone is born in a black and white world. Everything is dull and monotone... un... More

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
Epilogue
Sequel up now! + Exclusive scenes

65

87 11 0
By flightless101

It's been exactly one day since Harry came into town with his new arm candy. About one day since I've checked my messages.

It's bright and early when I get ready for another jog. The sun is rising, making it the perfect time. I can't wait to see my favorite colors in the sky. The whole world is quiet, sleeping.

So, imagine my surprise when I open the front door to see four handsome men standing there.

They mimic my shocked expression.

"See, I told you this is her place," Zayn mumbles, earning a smack from Liam.

"Hey!" Niall pushes past me into the living room. The rest of the boys follow suit, completely ignoring me and my surprise.

I close the door and turn around to face them. I'm immediately pulled into a group hug. Relaxing, I give in to the hug.

"There's our girl!" Niall smiles, everyone pulling away and letting me breathe.

"I can't believe you guys actually came!" I laugh, gesturing for them to sit. They all occupy the couches, and I take a seat on the floor, Zayn joining me.

"Of course we did. Especially after you sent that text," Liam smiles. "Bitchzilla."

They all begin laughing and I join, taking credit for the nickname even though it wasn't my idea.

"Yeah, we can't imagine what you're going through," Louis chips in with a somber tone.

Everyone nods in unison, mumbling their agreement.

"Guys," I sigh. "It's fine. I brought it on myself."

They all shoot me puzzled looks. I guess Harry didn't explain the whole situation to them. Oops!

"Well," I start, sheepishly smiling. "He called me, frustrated with this whole situation. He asked for my advice and I told him to go for it." When they all look at me like I'm the dumbest person alive, I defend myself. "It's for his publicity!"

Their judgment doesn't fade. "You're so stupid," Louis says under his breath.

I glare at him. "I heard that." He looks embarrassed but doesn't apologize.

"Okay, well, ya fucked up," Niall states. Everyone agrees, not helping my ego in the least. "But that's what we're here for."

"What do you mean?"

This time, Zayn chimes in. "We're here for you. We're going to help you out."

"How?" I ask warily. What could they possibly do that would help?

"Well, it'll look suspicious if you were to hang around Harry and Trina all the time. We can all hang as a group and it'll look less weird. That way, you could still watch him," Niall explains, a proud smile on his face.

"Watch him? I trust him," I laugh.

Zayn gives me a pitiful look. "Yeah, but do you trust her?"

My heart drops to my stomach. Is that going to be a problem? I didn't really consider that.

"Shut up Zayn," Louis smacks his head. "You'll be fine. We're here, okay?"

"Okay," I mumble, desperately wanting to change the topic. "Why are you guys here so early?"

"Jet-lag," Niall answers immediately. "We were, uh, trying to remember where you lived. Also, why the hell didn't you answer your phone?"

"Yeah! We texted you a billion times," Liam adds. "Were you ignoring us?"

"Kinda," I sigh. All the boys gasp, faking hurt.

"How dare you!" One of them hisses. I roll my eyes at their dramatics.

"Okay, well it wasn't only you that I was ignoring, okay? It was everybody."

They shake their head in a disapproving manner.

"You should probably check it though, I'm sure Harry's worried," Zayn says and I sigh.

"I don't know if I want to find that out," I mumble.

They all scoff. "What, you think he's not? Are you insane? Did you forget who he is?"

I shrug. "I don't know guys. I feel weird, okay? What if he's too busy with her?" I'm not the type to voice my insecurities like this, so I'm surprised that I do.

"You're actually insane. He's the same Harry who left here. He's still your soulmate. Whatever he does with her is just for publicity, okay? It's you, always you." Louis reminds me. I can't help but be grateful. He's right and it's just what I needed to hear.

I glance at Zayn to see his sober expression. I think about his confession, how he told me with such sadness. I guess his reaction lets me know he hasn't dealt with his problems.

I reassuringly put my hand on his arm, but move it before the others can see. From the looks of it, they don't know he has a soulmate. I remember Louis telling me he was the only other person who found his in the group.

The poor guy, he has to deal with it all by himself.

"Okay, okay," I groan. "Enough sappy stuff. I'm going on a run, anyone care to join?"

They all look at me like I've grown three heads.

"We can walk?" I meekly suggest.

"We're up anyway, why not?" Niall shrugs, hopping up. The others groan, but he pulls them all up, forcing them to come.

"Audrey's asleep anyway. I don't want you buffoons waking her up."

All but Niall trudge out the door, walking slower than sloths. I'm a little annoyed my jog has been interrupted, but I enjoy the company anyway.

I don't take them far. They didn't sign up to exercise this early.

"Why do you jog so early?" Liam asks.

I grin, glancing up at the sky. The sun is just rising over the horizon. "You don't have color-sight, so you may not understand, but the sky is beautiful. The colors are my favorite thing ever."

"Colors?" Niall asks, confused.

"Yeah," I grin. "There's a lot. There's yellow, orange, pink, purple, blue. It's all a beautiful mix." I can't help but glance over to Zayn. He looks up at the sky, analyzing the colors with a thoughtful expression.

"She's right mate. What a shame you haven't found your One," Louis teases. They begin horseplaying and I laugh at their boyish behavior.

"Ellie, it's humid. Can we go back?" Zayn whines. He gestures to his hair, trying to prove his point. I roll my eyes again, but turn on my heels. They all seem relieved, and I feel a little guilty for dragging them with me.

Well, I gave them a choice. Niall's the one who forced them.

My mood is instantly better compared to yesterday. Even though Audrey and Drew tried to keep me company, their intense sexual tension pushed through and they retired to the bedroom. I don't know, or want to know, what they did in there. I just went to my room and put my headphones in.

"So guys, how are your love lives," I ask on the way back.

"Sophia's good, things are going well," Liam grins.

"Eleanor is great! She got a modeling contract in Milan and I couldn't be more proud of her," Louis gushes in admiration.

Zayn flashes an infamous smirk. "Still getting all the ladies. The other day at a club, this chick started-"

"Okay!" I interrupt, not wanting to know the rest. "Niall, what about you?"

"Nonexistent," he huffs. I ruffle his hair as he pouts.

"Aww, it's okay. It'll happen one day. Soon maybe," I smile reassuringly.

"Yeah, I mean look at Harry. He used to be a bigger flirt than Zayn. Who would have thought he'd turn out like this?" Liam chuckles. "Sorry El," he adds when I playfully glare at him.

"No," I shake my head. "You're not wrong. I'm still surprised too."

We finally get back to the apartment and they all collapse on the couch. I run to the fridge and grab them all water bottles.

"Hey," I toss them each a bottle. "I got a mini-waffle maker recently. Y'all want waffles?"

They all perk up, nodding simultaneously. I head back to the kitchen to make the batter and they follow, hot on my heels.

I'm a little surprised, but grateful for the company.

The whole time is spent laughing and talking while I cook. I end up making a huge stack of waffles, putting some aside for Audrey when she wakes up.

The boys almost devour the whole stack. Thankfully I grabbed some before they're all gone.

"You're pigs," I snort. This results in them all pulling their noses up, making pig-like faces. They're really best friends.

I'm doubling over in laughter at the four idiots in front of me. They do everything in their power to make me laugh. At this moment, I laugh freely. I don't care if Audrey wakes up, my happiness can't be contained.

The mood shifts in the room and the boys stop their playfulness. Their gaze shifts on something behind me. I turn around expecting to see my roommate, but am surprised with it's Harry.

I find my own smile dropping, the little flash of happiness I had is gone.

Wait, why am I not happy to see him?

"Hey," he smiles, definitely noticing the energy shift. He tries to act like it doesn't bother him, but I see the frown lines forming.

I stand still, quiet, shocked even. Why is he here?

"Mate, you finally made it!" Liam chirps from the table. No one makes any move to get up.

His piercing green eyes move away from mine and focus on his friends. "What's this? You're all having a reunion without me?" He's only teasing, but his words have a harsh meaning behind them. His eyes shift to me again. "Why haven't you picked up your phone? I've been calling you."

I bite my tongue, not trying to say anything hurtful. I don't understand where all this bitterness is coming from. I'm the one who gave him permission to do this, so why am I upset?

Why am I not happy to see him?

Audrey walks in, stopping in her tracks when she sees everyone. "No one told me the circus is coming into town!"

They all either roll their eyes or flick her off. She smirks, going to the fridge and pouring herself a glass of juice.

She passes me on the way, oblivious to the tension in the room. "Told you so," she whispers so only I can hear. Yes, I'm still flattered the boys like me enough to pay me a visit. Even more flattered that they'd fly all the way across the pond just because I texted them.

"So," she takes a seat on one of the tall chairs. "What brings you all here?"

The boys look embarrassed. They don't want to admit they came because I said I was bored. Little do they know, she knows everything.

Harry, I'm not so sure about.

He's the first to speak, breaking the silence. "I came because someone isn't answering her phone."

She groans. "Dude, I told you she's okay. You didn't have to come check-up. Do you not trust me?"

"Wait," I interrupt. "You guys have been talking about me?"

Audrey shrugs. Harry looks me dead in the eyes. "If my friends can check up on you then I can too." Bitterness is thick in his tone and this is exactly what I feared. He's upset that his friends are more updated about my life than him.

"Well, I wasn't exactly talking to them either. Sorry they actually had the decency to care." I spit out, regretting it instantly.

Hurt flashes in his eyes. He doesn't even try to hide it.

It feels like it's only us two in the room. We're having a silent standoff, only with our eyes. Like a staring contest, except way more intense.

Someone clears their throat, but neither of us break away.

Audrey does some motion behind me, catching his attention. I mentally praise myself for winning, but don't soften my glare.

"Uh, maybe we should go," Niall stands up, telling the others to get up too. They all seem hesitant about leaving me here.

"I think everyone should go," I respond.

"Even me?" Harry says low enough for me to hear.

"Especially you."

His brows raise up. He seems taken aback by my bluntness.

"Harry no, you stay. The rest of you can go watch TV or something. C'mon," she ushers them out, leaving only Harry and me in the kitchen.

As much as I love him, I hate this. I'm not in the mood to have a confrontation. Especially because I'm the one in the wrong.

Hah, you know me! Always trying to avoid my problems.

He walks closer, enclosing my wrist in his hand. He draws circles with his thumb, gazing at me. I avoid his eyes, focusing on the ground.

"What's wrong?" He breaks the silence.

How do I explain this?

"Okay, to start off, I'm in a bad mood, okay? I'm just irritated at everything."

"No, you're irritated at me. Why?"

"I don't know," I meet his piercing gaze. My breath hitches at his intensity. "I just- I don't know. Maybe I'm frustrated at the lack of communication? I didn't even know you were coming."

"I know," he let's go of my wrist and cups my face. "I couldn't text you with her right next to me. I waited until I was alone, but you weren't responding."

My eyes flutter closed at the comfort his touch provides.

"Ellie, open your eyes," he demands. I do as he says, meeting his intense gaze again. "I'm sorry. I really am, okay? We just need to talk about this whole set up."

All I can do is nod. He gives me a small smile before kissing me on the forehead. He pulls away, distancing himself. I try to control my shaky breath.

It's insane what he still does to me. I'm left breathless after every touch.

"Why are they here?" He gestures to the living room.

"You tell me. They showed up at my door at six a.m."

He raises his brow, probably in disbelief. "That early?"

I nod again. "Yup. It was a pleasant surprise."

He chuckles, and I remember how happy his laugh makes me.

"They're good friends," I add, defending them. "I'm really starting to like them."

"Did you call them here?" His tone isn't offended, but rather amused. After I tell him I did, he laughs, shaking his head. "They're so whipped, but in a platonic way."

I cock my head. "What do you mean?"

"Ellie, they're somehow wrapped around your finger. They really like you."

Of course, my heart's doing handstands. The idea of people liking me will always flatter me, even if I already know.

"Whatever," I mumble nonchalantly. "I'm surprised they came. I was just joking."

"Yeah, well they probably didn't care either way. They just needed an excuse to see you."

Satisfied, I smile. I'm so lucky to have such amazing friends.

A sharp ringtone breaks me out of my daze. Harry apologetically smiles before pulling his phone out. He answers the call right away, not moving from his spot.

"Hi, you're awake?" He says into the phone. "Ah yeah, just needed to get some things done."

I strain to listen in, but it's useless. Instead, I start doing the dishes. It's a nice distraction, and honestly, they need to be done.

"Yeah, the driver is on standby. Just call him and he'll take you wherever."

I tense up slightly. He's talking to Trina, his faux girlfriend.

"I don't know, a mall or something? Just find something," he mumbles, irritated. A satisfied smile plasters itself on to my face. His curt tone eases my jealousy. At least he isn't playing nice with her. 

I finish the dishes before he's done talking, so I dry up and start to leave the kitchen. He gives me a tight smile before opening his mouth to say something.

When I come back into the living room, five heads whip toward me. They mostly consist of sympathetic smiles.

"What?"

Audrey answers this time. "Nothing. It's just that you're here and he's in the kitchen."

I laugh, squeezing between her and Liam. She attempts to push me off, while Liam scoots over as much as he can. "We're fine. Well, we're not, but we're going to talk later," I say after settling down.

"Good, talking is good," Louis smiles, patting my knee.

"Is he mad?" Zayn looks at me, curious.

I shrug, not really knowing. "I don't know honestly. I think you should be more concerned about me than him," I snort. I meet their concerned eyes and brace myself for their support.

"What's going on?"

Okay, how do I describe his? "I," I turn around, making sure Harry's still occupied in the kitchen. "I know I said yes to this whole fake girlfriend thing, but it's really getting on my nerves and it hasn't even started."

"Why?" Audrey scrunches her nose.

"Well, my beautiful best friend, there are some evil people in the world. What if she swoops in and steals him? Even worse, what if he realizes he deserves her and not me?"

They all simultaneously groan. "So you're insecure? Jealous?"

"No," I huff, stubbornly crossing my arms. "Nevermind. Let's talk about something else. Audrey, how are things going with Drew?"

I sigh when they all change the topic. I knew they wouldn't understand. They see it as jealousy, but it's so much more. Ever since I met Harry, I've had this fear. What if I'm not enough for him? He's a celebrity and I'm a regular girl. I know it's cliche, but I can't stop thinking about it. What if he gets tired with the back and forth? What if he wants to date someone publicly, consistently, and in the same place as him?

What if he gets bored of me?

I always push these fears away, but they've come back tenfold ever since this new girl was added to the equation.

"Hello? Earth to Ellie?" A hand waves over my vision and I focus back into reality. "Wow, you were out for like a solid five minutes."

I see all my friends staring at me, concern mixed with amusement in their eyes.

"You good?" Audrey asks. I simply nod and that's enough for them to resume their previous conversation.

Am I good though?

A/N: Hello! I was going to post this on 1D day because it's ironic that the whole band showed up but then I was a little discouraged when they did the bare minimum. I mean, we got a website that crashed for half the day. Zayn didn't even post anything and it broke my heart. Sometimes I wish it was 2014 when I went to my WWA concert. Good times :(

I know I should be grateful that they actually acknowledged their 1D anniversary, especially because it later came out how miserable they were sometimes, but I'm still holding a grudge about their "18 month" hiatus.

Speaking of grudges... it makes me really sad when I get views but no votes. I'm very nicely asking (or begging) you guys to vote if you like the chapter! It makes my heart happy when you do. Thank you to the people who do vote every time. Seeing your user pop up is so sweet. 

Lastly! I am in the process of writing another book. It's called Unexpected and it's on my page. It's not a 1D story but rather a teen fiction story AND IT'S MUCH BETTER WRITTEN THAN THIS. When the time comes, I'll probably go back and edit this book so there's more detail but I promise my other story is written better. Please check it out if you like teen fiction stories :)

I love you guys so much <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33K 2.5K 12
@zpanacea gave me the suggestion to write a soulmate fic where Harry's and Louis's souls switch and they wake up in each other's bodies. Until you fi...
309 20 8
A world where soulmates exist, yet you have to be 15 to receive your color, mark, hair, etc, because not all soulmates have the same identification...
153K 3.1K 67
Read to find out.🤫 The beginning is rough but it gets better over time I promise!💓
46.6K 2.4K 35
𝘰𝘰𝘰. ▍𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 . . :・゚࿐┇ (.˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ 𝒔𝒚𝒏𝒐𝒑𝒔𝒊𝒔 • | • 𝗹𝗼𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴༉‧⁓) ⤷ ❛ I 𝘩𝘢�...