Play No More (Player Next Doo...

By BabyInACorner

Sequel to Player Next Door. Millie Ripley is in too deep. Her relationship with the Dawson brothers is crea... More

01 | Criminal
02 | Trademark
03 | Handshake
04 | Bartender
05 | Bad boy gone
07 | Wrong Romeo
08 | Who's Millie?
09 | Crush Not Crushed
10 | Queasy
11 | Sock
12 | Funeral
13 | Back Up
14 | First Time
15 | All On Me
16 | Boombox
17 | We Don't Play
18 | Want a ride?
19 | Everyone Knows
20 | Fortune Teller
21 | Dysfunctional
22 | Jake House
23 | Your Selfish Jerk
24 | Might be Missing
25 | Bridal Style
26 | Experiment
27 | Winnifred
28 | Ghost of ex-boyfriends past
29 | Play-doh
30 | Drama, not theater
31 | Smile and Scowl
32 | Personal
33 | Dislocate
34 | Glue
35 | Miss Bo Peep
36 | Luke's POV
37 | Butterflies
38 | No Trophy
39 | This far before
40 | Eye Contact
41 | Pass the torch
42 | Trending
43 | Past, Present and Future
44 | Single pringle
45 | Wrong drawer
46 | Too young, too fast
47 | Dreamlike
48 | Fallen
49 | It's cold
50 | Bake, not roast
51 | Which way's up?
52 | My Party
53 | Round two
54 | Looney
55 | My helicopter license
56 | All Things Luke
57 | Dinner from hell
58 | Compass
59 | Slow down
60 | He said we
61 | Siren Call
62 | Stargaze
63 | ONE
64 | Shakespeare
65 | Pass Him By
66 | Symbol of urgency
67 | He Said
68 | Reaction
69 | In Bed
70 | Nine Chances
71 | Small Town
72 | Thief to his clothes
73 | Peas in a pod
74 | Home run
75 | First Last Day
76 | Change It
77 | Morning person
78 | Fairy Godmother
79 | Abandoned
80 | Curiosity
81 | A happy place
82 | Therapy
83 | Two instead of one
84 | Aftermath
85 | Cherry on top
86 | Spirit
87 | Too Strong
88 | Twilight zone
89 | Prove yourself
90 | Anonymous
91 | Sucked in
92 | Long List
93 | Lost your head
94 | A burden
95 | A nano-second
96 | Haggler
97 | Still Here
98 | Oud
99 | Lucky
100 | Lost boy
101 | Stoke the fire
102 | Tremble
103 | Mildred
What's next

06 | More than friends

213K 9.5K 9.2K
By BabyInACorner

Chapter 06: More than friends

It was almost the end of lunch. Luke and I wanted to meet in private, away from everyone. The rumors about us had started, and we didn't want them to spread.

They weren't very kind.  Rumors never are.  I can already predict what they'll say:

He's using her, he'll dump her, she's related to a farm animal...

That last one is a little creative, I'll admit.  I learn so much about myself in rumors.

 "I should pick up your coffee more often," Luke murmured into my ear, closing the door shut behind me.

I turned into him.  His blue eyes had a sea of color in them. We were alone together now and hadn't been alone together since our date...

There were four minutes before the bell would ring. I stood in a chemistry lab, surrounded by sterile counter tops and a shelf of bunsen burners.

And, most importantly, him.

Like I said, four minutes. No more time to waste. I reached out, took his shirt in my hands and pulled him towards me. Our lips crashed against each other. I pushed my body against his and he wrapped his arms around me, gripping me even closer. 

Three minutes.

He pushed me against a counter top and his own fingers slipped under my shirt. With one easy flick of his wrist, I felt my bra suddenly loose on my body. I arched my back at the feeling and raised my hand into his dark hair.

Two minutes.

"Oh," I moaned as his lips left my mouth and traced my neck.

One hand wrapped in his dark hair and the other raised in the air. He grabbed my wrist. Seconds before it crashed against a shelf of test tubes. They rattled, but no damage down.

"Careful, Millie. Let's not bring the place down."

I couldn't speak right now. I brought his head back up and pressed my lips against his. Then I kissed his jawline and his cheeks.

One minute.

His shirt was undone. Completely undone and partially ripped. It was my fault. All my fault. His hands were in my hair and his body was over mine, as we lay on the counter top. It was sterile no more.

Zero.

A shrill sound filled the classroom.

"Is that the fire alarm?" I breathed heavily as I felt his body distance from mine.  

"You mean the bell?" 

"No," I smiled, knowing he was about to give me sh*t for this joke, "Because it's so hot in here."

He laughed at me, so I playfully pushed him with my foot.  We were both still on the counter top and he held onto my foot, almost pulling me closer with it.  But we heard the sound of students outside and I quickly had to do up my bra while he buttoned his shirt.  

"Here, I'll help you," he said, when he saw I was failing and we were running out of time.  

People were right outside the door.

He reached over and quickly clipped my bra together 0.5 seconds before the first student walked into the room.

The door opened and a senior recognized him immediately, "Luke.  Hey, you're in this class?  And hey... you."

I'm not such a household name, apparently.  Shocker.

"Hey you," I replied with an equally charming greeting.  

As more people filled into the classroom, I quickly picked up my backpack and ran past them all.  

I didn't want to be known for this.  I did not want to be known as Luke's Monday lunch snack or whatever random, disrespectful thing they'll call me. 

"Hey, hey, hey," Luke called out my name as he chased after me. His hand rested on my shoulder to stop me from running, "Minnie, slow down.  It's OK.  You don't have to run."

"I do," I said.

"Why?"

"Because the bell rang and I'm going to be late," I pointed out.

Luke's blue eyes sank into mine, and his tone was soft, "Seriously. Why?"

He knew me well enough to know when I was lying.

"I'm not ready for things to change, Luke. Since we became friends, crazy things have happened. And I'm grateful for a lot of them. But you must admit that some of what happened was insane. And now, we're more than friends..."

I thought about my house being spray-painted 'hooker' and the threatening letters I'd received as blackmail.  

I thought of Tamara at summer camp, when she called me a 'whore' for being cabin-mates with him. Or how Stacey had taken a humiliating photo of me in a bra just because he was paying any attention to me.    

If none of those things happened, then maybe I'd be excited for the world to know I was madly into Luke Dawson.

Touching Luke was like fire. He made me feel warm but if I get too close, I get burnt. 

It's complicated, I guess. Luke was the most exciting thing to happen to me in a long time.  He brought a lot of thrills... 

And I wanted him to prove that he actually cared about me, more than his reputation suggested. I remembered how he ignored me at school after our summer at camp.  A girl doesn't just forget these things.  Nor does she forgive... easily.

Uh, why are emotions so complicated?  I didn't want to admit these thoughts to him. He'd think I'm crazy.  

"Are you OK, Minnie?  You're staring into space now."

Oh, no wait, he already thinks that.  So we good.

Luke reached out and gently tucked a few loose strands of hair behind my ear.  My ponytail had gotten messed up during our... lab break.

"You're getting inside your own head again.  I bet you're overthinking whatever you're thinking about," he said, his fingers grazing the side of my neck, "Let me walk you to class. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable with me." 

My emotions were clearly a mess right now.  And my thoughts were tangled like my earphones.  I'm not on that airpod level.

So say something, anything, to get off the point.  We started to walk to my English class.

"So, do you invite girls to the chemistry lab often?" I asked.

Oh god.  As soon as I said it, I knew it was a bad question  That was definitely going to piss him off.  Honestly, it was innocent.  I was just curious!

Luke said, "I'm trying to be sweet here, which is a work-in-progress for me.  Why do you have to call me out like that?" 

"You make it sound like a yes."

"Well, people do it in the chemistry lab periodically."

I was about to snap back, when I registered the pun and appreciated the pun.  

"There's that smile," he said.

It crept up on me, despite my best efforts to stop it.  He caught me.

"No, I don't make out with girls in chemistry labs," Luke clarified, "I'll make out with you though."

Cute... but I wasn't convinced.  He only spoke about the present.  What about the past?

Luke has a way of saying things, that don't confirm or deny anything, but still get your mind off the point. Anyone else notice that? 

And if you didn't notice that... then that's the point.

I let it go because the past doesn't concern me.  We are each other's present.

We stood outside my English class.  It had already started and I was late. I didn't want us to separate just yet.

My smile spread when I noticed how he missed the top button of his shirt and it was buttoned up wrong.  I slowly unbuttoned each one, feeling the soft shirt between my fingers.  He looked down, thinking I was about to make out with him in the middle of the hallway, when he saw how he'd messed up. 

"I was distracted," he said, running a hand through his hair.

"You're distracting me."

He enjoyed me re-dressing him and I enjoyed it too.  I'm not sure how many people saw us, but I like to think not many.    

He kissed my cheek, before letting me go, "Have fun in class, Minnie."

"I won't be in my element," I made another chemistry lab joke.

He rolled his eyes but smiled, "OK, you want to be a nerd?  I got my ion you."

I walked into english class with a giant grin on my face, messed up hair and all the obvious signs that I'd been making out in between classes.  The teacher didn't take kindly to my lateness, but let me off with a warning.

I sat in my chair and dazed off instantly.  

"Hey," my seat neighbor whispered.

I looked over and saw the tattoos on his strong arm.  I gasped, "Jake.  You're back!"

Luke's half brother: the guy who told me to give him another chance.

"I am," he said, "Did you get my text?"

A/N:  OK. Y'all asked for it.  Longer chapter and more Luke-Millie time.  And yes, I couldn't help but throw Jake back into the mix.

What do you think?  As you can see, I listen to you :)  Please vote on this chapter if you liked it and want more like it! 

Aaaand there's more steaminess in my other story, Hot Boys in a Haunted House, if that's what you're looking for... ;)

Until next time! Xx  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 6.9K 101
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #1- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
252K 6.5K 42
Laurance(MyStreet) X Reader I had never thought I'd love anyone, not until he came back to me. I didn't think I still had a thing for him after high...
31.8K 1.1K 10
𝘫𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘯 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘯'𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘳?
2.9M 71.8K 141
Soon to be Published under GSM Darlene isn't a typical high school student. She always gets in trouble in her previous School in her grandmother's pr...