The Best Worst Thing

By emmmakthomas

Ella is trying to find herself again after years of pointless relationships that made her feel as though love... More

Chapter One- How it all started
Chapter Two- Persistence
Chapter 3: Roller Coaster
Chapter 4: Checkmate
Chapter 5: Always Comes Back
Chapter 6: Moment In Time
Chapter 7: Rewind
Chapter 9: Taking It to Far
Chapter 10: Picking Up the Pieces
Chapter 11: Take me Down With You
Chapter 12: Change Of Heart
Chapter 13: Empty Words
Chapter 14: Tell Me Lies
Chapter 15: Stuck In Your Head
Chapter 16: Down We Go
Chapter 17: You Left Me All Alone
Chapter 18: I Found Peace
Chapter 19: Don't Let Me Fall
Chapter 20: I Should Have Known
Chapter 21: You Let Me Down
Chapter 22: Sorry Mean Nothing
Chapter 23: I Forget The Rest
Ella's Playlist

Chapter 8: You Left Your Mark

9 0 0
By emmmakthomas

After a few days of not hearing from him, I thought maybe I was in the clear. WRONG.

I was sitting at work, it had been like two days. He texted me "Hi."

I respond "Hi."

"I'm sorry let's just be friends again, " he pleads. Then I get several notifications of him re-adding me on every social media account. As much as I wanted to stand my ground with Nash, I caved.

"Fine."  I hope I don't regret this.

Chrismas and New Years passed by, and we had been in a friendly place. We were hanging out a lot again and talking a lot again. We got really close again.

***

After a few days of him ignoring me, I am sitting in class and my phone buzzes.

He texts, "Ella, I'm sorry to tell you this, but this whole time I just wanted to get close to Quinn, and I never wanted to be with you. I thought you should know. You deserve better than me. I don't deserve you. I want you to move on and find someone better." Nash doesn't sugar coat it. I am devastated.

My stomach sinks as a read this message. I immediately start crying. I have got to get out of this classroom. I texted Quinn and told her what he said and forwarded the message. She is LIVID.

"COME HOME. LET'S SKIP CLASS," Quinn's text reads.

I go home and decide to skip class with Quinn. She lets me cry in her arms. Quinn leaves him the nastiest voicemail telling him how shitty of a person he was for doing that to me.

I can't stop crying. I stayed in bed for a few days. I had never been this hurt before. How could Nash do this to me? I start replaying everything in my head and asking myself, where did things go so wrong? Did I miss something? My stomach is in knots. I can't eat. I can't sleep. I just lay in bed and let the days pass.

Quinn came into my room. She says,"You are eating. I don't care if I have to force feed you. You are getting out of bed and you are going to eat the food I bought you."

I didn't have the energy to fight with her. It was Valentine's Day. She chose to stay with me today over going to her boyfriend's house. So I sat at the table and tried to eat the food she bought me.

"Can I go lay down again?" I ask.

"No. Let's watch a movie," she says.

"Fine." I laugh.

We actually end up watching re-runs of the Bachelor instead of a movie, and then it happens. My phone rings. Who could possibly be calling me? I have barely talked to anyone the past few days.

Nash's name appears across my phone.

My stomach sinks. WHY is he calling me? I go outside and answer.

"Hi," I say.

"Hey. Do you have a second to talk?" he asks.

I reply, "I mean I don't have anything to say but if you do, go ahead."
"Ella, I am so sorry for what I said. I didn't mean it. I never liked Quinn. I just felt like you deserved better than me. I thought I was doing you a favor by giving you a reason to hate me so that you could move on and be with someone who deserves you. I don't deserve you. I miss you. I am so sorry I did that to you. Please tell me what I can do to make it up to you."

I about drop the phone.

"Nash, you hurt me so deeply. I don't really know what to say."

He begs, "Please give me another chance Ella, that's all I'm asking for."

I spoke before I could actually think. "One more chance. That's it. One more chance and if you mess it up this time, I will be done for good."

"I promise I will make it up to you," he says.

"Fine," I reply, and then hang up the phone.

This might be the worst idea I have ever had but a part of me will regret not giving him another chance so I decide to.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

705 8 12
A young girl falls in love with her high school sweetheart, but he not be so sweet. As years go on he tends to change. The love of her life might be...
3 0 4
a teenage girl travels through time to save the love of her life
170 1 14
Amanda's life is going alright. She has alot of friends, a boyfriend, her two parents, and a bunch of money. But the day her parents are arrested c...
Within By K.Voyles

Short Story

74 1 18
Jerry McClain tries to escape his past. Drugs, violence, and Nikki Valentine. Can Grace accept his sin while dealing with her own problems?! Or maybe...