Checkmate {Book 3} [COMPLETED]

By Alliewritesjazz

Book 3 of 5 Tessa Stark and Peter Parker were two of the unlucky millions to be dusted away by the infamous s... More

|01|
|02|
|03|
|04|
|05|
|07|
|08|
|09|
Twisted Reality

|06|

55 2 0
By Alliewritesjazz

Tessa had been in many situations where she was free falling and thought she was going to die before, it was nothing new. But this time, she was paralyzed, and couldn't stop it from happening. Once she was conscious a moment later, she prayed to God that a miracle would happen and someone would save her, because she had absolutely no control.

She was caught only moments later and heard the whirring of a suit flying her to safety. With a deep gasp she opened her eyes and looked up to see the iron man mask, "Damn, he shot me out of the sky!" The second her body connected with the suit, everything in her powered up again, and she sighed in relief after.

"You need to be more careful, Theresa." Her father lectured and she rolled her eyes, "I'm back for what? Ten minutes? And you're already nagging me. I had it handled until about thirty seconds - wait, the gauntlet! Where's the gauntlet?!"

"Peter has it, we should go join them." He informed, and she nodded, "Well, I think you should carry me there then, Dad."

He laughed above her, "Yeah, I suppose it's the least I could do."

There was a moment of silence as he flew her to Peter's location, which he was tracking through his suit. She looked up at her father, who's mask was up and concealing him. She smiled gently. Never did she think she would miss that suit so much, with its speckles of red and gold and silver, constructed out of nanotechnology. She remembered the countless hours her father spent laboring over this creation, and the first time it ever got used was the day she turned to dust.

"I missed you, Dad." She spoke with a shaky voice suddenly, making him look down at her, his mask coming up a second later. He revealed a cut on his forehead and a smile pulling at his lips, and she smiled breathlessly up at him. She really did miss her father, even though he could be slightly annoying and controlling at times. She was surprised that she even missed the lectures.

"I missed you too, pumpkin. More than you could ever imagine. I promise I won't let anything separate us again, I kind of like having you around." Tony said cheekily, making her laugh, "I guess I kind of like having you around too."

The sounds of whirring machines made them break eye contact, and she looked up with a curious gaze to see a large contraption in the sky, one of Thanos's ships. She tilted her head slightly as she watched machines coming from the ship and pointing out at the battlefield, the centers slowly blooming scarlet.

"What the. . ."

Panic quickly sent into her veins as orange zaps of power jetted out from the center and down to everyone. She hurriedly put her hands up in a desperate attempt to make a shield as a laser shot down at her, but it barely began to glow when it struck.

A shriek escaped her lips as the power separated her from her father, and he frantically cried, "Tessa!" while trying to grab at her, but she was flying in the opposite direction too quickly.

Her hair was blocking her vision as she soared through the sky, not being able to see anything. Her yell didn't stop until she crashed into a dirt hill and tumbled down it, the momentum keeping her going. She whimpered when she skidded to a stop, her side aching as blood seeped through her suit. She sighed while opening her eyes, and saw a beam coming directly at her. She gritted her teeth while pushing herself to the side quickly and rolled away, the blast firing down a moment later.

Unfortunately she didn't move far enough away, and the impact uprooted the ground around it, her going with it. She cried out as she went back into the air and flew away again, hitting the ground a moment later. This time she was quick to ignore the pain flowing through her body and scrambled to her feet, glancing around frantically for shelter. She saw sorcerers from around the world beginning to put up shields and hoard people under them, and she sighed in relief while jogging over.

Yet another blast came down, and landed directly in between them. She grunted while stumbling away a few yards, squeezing her eyes shut. Once her feet were stabilized, she looked up to see a laser firing down at her. She cried out while throwing her arms over her head and turning away, screwing her eyes shut as a small shield lit up above her.

But the blast never came. She heard the sound of burning circles, and opened her eyes wide to see little sparks of orange coming down from above her. She quickly removed her hands from her head and got up while turning around, meeting eyes with Strange, who held a shield above the two of them.

"Saw you get thrown around like a rag doll a few times, thought I should step in after the third time." He said with a cocky smile, and she gritted her teeth, "You seriously couldn't have stepped in any earlier?"

"You know kid, there will be times in life where someone is not there to stop it for you." He said, and she immediately mumbled, "Yeah, that's if I make it out of here alive - wait, where's Peter?"

"Oh, god." Strange said, dazed, eyes fixated on something in the distance. "What the hell are you goggling at?" She asked while turning around, and her eyes widened as well.

The ocean wooden barrier broke from a blast, and was planning on flooding everyone out as ferocious waves plummeted down. She took a step back in horror as Strange took one forward, outstretching his hands and losing the shield. She quickly put one of her own up as he forced his hands forward, making the active waterfall start swirling up.

"Kid, go find Peter and the gauntlet, I've got this." He informed, and she quickly exclaimed, "But you'll have no backup against the blasts and Thanos if he comes after you!"

He turned his head around to look at her worried face, and he hissed, "You need to find the gauntlet, I'll be fine."

After a moment of her silence, he nodded once, and she sighed while turning around and jumping into the sky, red firing behind her. She casted a shield above her as she rose above the people and looked for Peter frantically, eyes scanning the ground.

"Queens, heads up." Steve Rogers said lowly over the comms, making her stop in the air and search for him. She saw Thor's hammer flying away, then a web latched onto it. She zipped down to it as she saw Peter emerge from a hoard of aliens with a yell of joy. She sped over as another blast cut his web from the hammer, making him fly down.

Tessa was quick to light up her palms and catch him in mid air, him below her and flying along. He looked up to see her, his mask coming undone as a smile rose on his face, "Tess, thank god you're - look out!"

She looked up as a blast came barreling down, and a second later it collided with her shield, making her cry out and lose control of her abilities. She let go of Peter as she went hurtling to the battlefield in flips, outstretching her hands in a desperate attempt to somehow catch on something.

The girl hit the floor a moment later, dust coming up all around her on impact. She tumbled only once to stop on her right side, a whimper escaping her lips. She tried to get her muscles to flex and move, but her body was staying completely still. Come on, get up, move, something!

"Tessa!" A faint cry, she couldn't put a finger on who it was. She opened her eyes for her vision to be blurry, browns and blacks and greys swirling together. She saw dust being kicked up around her when her vision cleared, then it instantly went blurry again. She watched as a silhouette leapt down beside her, tapping her cheek, "Tessa, T? It's Peter, can you hear me?"

A gasp was suddenly heard, and she felt his weight on top of her, shielding her as his mask came up and his arms wrapped around her body. He was breathing heavily as he clutched her tightly, eyes screwed shut. There was a moment of just her heart racing while being unable to move, bracing for another blast.

But then she heard the sound of burning circles, and a blast collide with them. She felt his weight shift as he looked up to see Strange standing in front of them, holding up a large shield. His mask came undone as he breathed, "Thank god you're here."

"Shake her, she can't be unconscious in the battlefield, there's nowhere safe." Strange demanded, and Peter completely lifted off of her and began to tap her cheeks, "Tessa, come on, wake up."

The shock of movement sent waves of energy through her blood, making her gasp and her eyes spring open. Everything kicked back into their gears as she sat up from her side, looking around.

"Are you alright? Can you stand?" Peter asked worriedly with an outstretched hand, and she put hers in his, kicking off the ground and straightening out her legs. She stayed still for a moment to ensure she wouldn't topple over, and after a moment she nodded to him.

"What the hell. . .?" The sorcerer murmured, and the duo turned to him to see his gaze up at the sky. Both of their eyes lifted up to the sky to see the blasts not coming down from the machine anymore, but instead aimed up at the sky. Blasts were suddenly exploding out of the contraption and firing at something, and she tilted her head while her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Suddenly she saw the silhouette of a figure in the distance, barreling toward the machines. The figure soon got clearer, a rainbow of colors surrounding it, heading directly for the machine.

"Uhh, shouldn't they be stopping? It looks like a person - oh god, they're not stopping." She said hurriedly, and watched with anxiety as the person blasted through the machine, making an explosion happen. It came up from the top, slowing to a stop in the sky.

Captain Marvel.

"Holy shit, it's Carol!" She yelled excitedly as the woman flew back down and through the machine again, now plummeting to the ground. She took a step back with a jump as Carol landed right in front of them, still swirling like the rainbow, looking down at the gauntlet.

"Hi. I'm Peter Parker." The boy next to her said while gripping the gauntlet with his life, and she said, "Hey Peter Parker. You got something for me?"

He turned and looked at the army of aliens running their way, eyes on the glove in his hand. He handed it over to her while muttering, "I don't know how you're going to get through all that."

"Don't worry." Tessa heard a voice and turned around to see Wanda slowly flying down behind them, landing on a flat rock and smiling confidently down at them.

"She's got help." She turned to the side this time to see Okoye with a spear, readying it. Where did they even come from?

The girl heard more footsteps, and turned around to see a bunch of women gathering, ranging from Mantis to Pepper to Hope, and she smiled. This is so cool! Girl power at a hundred right now.

"The portal is almost ready!" Scott said through comms, and everyone looked at each other before taking a step forward and charging at the roaring crowd of aliens, weapons raised. Tessa and Peter kicked off into the sky, and she veered over to one of the flying worms, forming a ruby spear and cutting down along the edge of it while flying. She removed it at the bottom and hurled it at an alien, then created a large sphere and hurled it down.

As she flew overhead everyone for a few minutes while firing shots down at hoards, she saw two people fighting, Thanos against someone. She lowered herself while Thanos punched the person in the head, making them fall to the ground and not move. Once she was low enough, she gasped.

Strange.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 26.2K 33
"I just want to protect you," Peter told me. *slowburn* Y/N Stark is the daughter of Tony Stark. When she finally convinces him to go to a real schoo...
55.6K 1.1K 13
Infinity War reimagined! You are a 15-16 year old high schooler who is good friends with Peter Parker. You are caught up in his "Spidey World", and g...
13.2K 420 37
peter parker x OC ❝ You got something special... don't waste it. ❞ When a young girl gets sucked into the life of an Avenger. I DO NOT OWN PLOTS OR...
3.7K 76 21
Important message: This is the second book to the "Daughter" series so if you have not read the first one then it would be best to read that story fi...