Freak Shake (The Hollens Book...

By MavelineBelle

Jevan Hollen, son of the billionaire Evan Hollen, was the most popular boy in his highschool. His excellence... More

Introduction
Being The New Girl
Underneath Wings
It Starts With A Smile
Ending The Beginning
Cheer For Us Or Against Us
Get Your Lunch On
Roses Are Red
Only Fools Rush In
Crazy
You Got That Right
Sealed With A Kiss
Tell Me About It
Anger Written In Red
When The Moms Meet
History Has It
The First Argument
When The Pressure Arrives
Certainly
Let's Party
Happy Birthday Jevan
The Last Hold
Without Her
Truth
The Letter
Pop Up, Guess Who?
Night Flight To France
Lost For Words
Meeting Jason
Set The Date
What You Don't Know
What Are Friends For
Too Close For Comfort
Trouble In Paradise
A Wrath and A Secret
The Bedroom Picnic
MamaBear
Red Flag
Blast From The Past
Unexpectedly
All Things Lost
Force To Reckon With
Trail Of Fire
In Your Shoes
Dark to Light
Supposed To Be
Disastrous Dates
Parental Control
The Recovery
The Event
Are You Ready
What's Coming ???
From One Hundred To Zero
The Misunderstand-Ring
Confessions Of A Bitch
Additional
Dahlia
The Hunt Continues
Rocks In The Head
Crossing BorderLine
Who Knew
Chip Off The Old Block
Dare The Dream
Come Back
To Have And To Let Go
The Light At The End
Trial
Happy Ever After Does Exist

Truth and Trust

12.9K 815 205
By MavelineBelle

Jevan's POV

The announcement was a complete surprise to me. I didn't know if I should be happy or run for the hills.

"Are you certain?" I managed to ask when I came out from my shock.

"Yes. I took a pregnancy test. It's positive. Baby, I know this is another huge step for you but we can be a real family now. We can finally get married and raise our child together," she explained.

I sighed.

"Jevan, aren't you happy?" she asked.

"This is a surprise."

"Was it a surprise when you found out Jason is your son?"

"Adobi! Let's not do this right now and quite frankly, I believe that's why you got pregnant after time and time again you told me you were on the pill," I shouted in a whisper.

"You think I got pregnant on purpose?"

"Well, didn't you?"

She remained silent.

"That proves that I can't trust you anymore. You can't be doing things like that and expect me to be happy. I wanted my second child to be planned and not a damn surprise to my face all over again!" I was livid.

"I'm sure if Blossom becomes pregnant with your child, you'll be over the damn moon about it! All you care about is yourself and what you want. What about what I want?"

"Adobi, we're still young. We have our whole lives ahead of us. Your womb isn't running away anytime soon."

"That's says a lot right there, Jevan." She got up from the table in tears and went to the washroom before leaving by herself in her car.

I took Jason back to the office with me. The remainder of the day went by in a blur. Meetings I had to attend got taken over by my uncle and it wasn't too long for my father to caught wind on what was happening to me.

"Talk to me," he ordered as he sip on coffee.

"Adobi is pregnant."

"You're very busy."

"Dad..."

"Congrats, son. A baby is always a blessing."

"I know that but am I really ready for another kid."

"Then you should have protected yourself."

"She said she was on the pill."

"But you still should have protected yourself as a cautionary measure."

"I was doing it but then she turned on me and said I didn't trust her and that she was on the pill and I was still pulling out. She said she wasn't a vending machine."

Dad and I sigh in unison. "She reminds me of someone," he said.

"Who?"

"A crazy ex-fiancee of mine."

"Well Adobi isn't crazy. I just think that she's desperate for my attention and my love."

"You haven't been giving it to her?"

"Ever since Blossom came back, I kinda pulled away from Adobi."

"Jevan, I told you to make a decision and stick with it."

"And I did! I just don't hope it was the wrong one."

___________

I got home in time for dinner. My personal chef had prepared a wonderful soul food for the family and after I had devoured my plate, I went to find Adobi.

"Hey," I greeted when I found her by the pool.

"Hi."

"Adobi, I was doing some thinking and I believe I came across a bit too harshly at lunch. I was so shell-shocked that I....."

"There's no more baby."

"Huh?"

"After lunch...."

"What did you do?" I angrily asked.

"I went and had an abortion!" she blazed, "Aren't you fucking happy that I killed our child?"

"Baby, why the hell would you go behind my back and do that?"

"Because I'm tired of you not being happy about the things that would make me happy! That's why I did it! And I'm the verge of cancelling my engagement to you too. You'll be as free as ever and not trapped to me."

It was the first time I was her this angry.

_____________

A few days later, Blossom was home from the hospital and was doing much better. Jason was happy to have his mother home again and Nina and Sophia came by to visit her even though they did so countless times in the hospital.

The afternoon when Blossom came home, Adobi and I went to see her. Adobi had prepared a beautiful gift basket with edibles and flowers.

"Thanks much," Blossom said when she accepted the gift.

"You're welcome. Look, I know we're not the best of friends and we might never be, but I'm willing to turn over a new leaf and be more accepting of you," Adobi stated.

That was very mature of her. I watched as the ladies shook hands in agreement and started a friendly conversation.

Jason then appeared and pulled me into his bedroom to show me what he was doing on a game my parents got him.
The game required a second player so I had no choice but to start playing with my son while the ladies chatted away.

___________________

Blossom's POV

I was not expecting Adobi to be here but it was sort of nice talking to her.

We were in the kitchen. She was having wine and I was having water. She was going on and on about her relationship and love for Jevan.

I knew she was drunk.

"And you know what's so funny but pathetic. I lied to him about being pregnant *hiccup* and about me having an abortion *hiccup*.. All because I wanted the guy to love me."

"You lied about a pregnancy?" I was startled.

"Ssshhhhhh. Don't let him *hiccup* hear you saying that."

"Adobi, you need to tell him the truth."

"I can't. I love him too much. He'll be fur...ous. "

"You mean 'furious'?"

"That too."

I couldn't believe my ears. She was wasted and was spilling all the beans.

_________

The very next day, I took Jason over to Jevan's. Adobi was out and I thought it was the perfect opportunity to tell Jevan about the conversation she and I had.

"There's something you should know."

"What's up?"

"It's about your fiancee."

"What about her?"

"Jevan, she told me about the pregnancy and the abortion."

"Oh man. That was so messed up and I'm to blame for all of this. I can't even sleep peacefully at nights. An innocent...."

"Jevan, she lied. She was never pregnant and she never had an abortion. She said all that so you can love her and pay attention to her."

"Blossom, don't start with that. She would not lie about something so serious."

"Jevan, those words came from her own mouth."

"Oh, you mean when we were at your house and she was wasted as a skunk?"

"Yes."

"She was drunk. She had no clue what she was saying. Don't worry about us. We're fine."

"A drunk man tells no tales but your woman gotta lie on a pregnancy and an abortion to get your attention, then there's something really wrong with your relationship."

I turned on my heel and left.

________________

Jevan's POV

I waited patiently by the door for Adobi to arrive. Several hours later, she did.

"We need to talk," I told her.

"About what?"

"What's the name of the abortionist who conducted the procedure?" I asked.

She couldn't answer my question.

___________________

A/N

My my my my my.... The lies!

Please vote if you've enjoyed this chapter. More coming soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 229 45
Senior year = Drama Amelia, a mysterious high school girl with no time for boys, fun and parties had the spark stripped from her ever since her fathe...
222K 5.6K 12
[THIS IS A SAMPLE] Read the full story on Radish fiction. The link is in my Wattpad Bio. ---- Johnathan has always been helplessly in love with Wayne...
8.6K 244 32
When you, Luna, had lost your family and all of your money when you were young. What would you do? Your grandmother helped you moved into a another h...
2.1M 76.8K 57
Twenty-one and ready to take on the world, orphan Lizzie Gold didn't expect her chance encounter with a stranger to lead to a damnable task - to take...