Into The World of Kamisama Ha...

By KeiraTsubasa_X

Hello, I'm Alice ~♥ Had you ever dreamed of going to another world? ヾ(๑╹◡╹)ノ How about an anime world? o(*≧... More

My Every Day Is Supposed To Be Same As Always But...?!
And We Set Forth To Our New Daily Lives
Nanami Becomes A Full-Pledge Land Deity
Mikoto Started Living As A Shrine Priestess
The Deity Is Being Target By The Pop-Star
The Imperial Priestess of the Lake Visited the Local Land Deity
Nanami Wants To Tie Himemiko's String of Fate
Author's Note: Hello, It's Been A While

Our Not-So-Eventful Normal Days Has Started Again

413 26 8
By KeiraTsubasa_X

MIKOTO

A normal day passed after the event when everyone in the Mikage shrine found out Kurama's true form. I can't still call it an uneventful day but at least it was better.

Yawn~

I just woke up but I still feel so tired. I was expecting Tomoe to scold me for skipping my morning duties but he seems considerate towards me today for some reasons.

"Mikoto, did you slept late again?" Nanami gasped.

"Hm? Why did you asked?" I simply replied.

Wearing the same uniform like Nanami's, I sat beside the table and accepted my bowl with rice and spoon from Tomoe, since I can't confidently use chopsticks yet.

" (ó﹏ò。) Because there's already slight dark circles under your eyes!" Nanami looked at me with worried eyes.

"Actually Nanami-sama, Mikoto-dono had asked us to bring to her room last night the logs of prayers that Tomoe-dono wrote from these past 20 years and she tried to read it by herself one by one." It is Kotetsu who replied in my stead.

"And since Mikoto-dono can't read correctly the words yet, we, the fire children gave her our best assistantance", added by Onikiri.

"And I'm grateful for you both", I gave an approval nod for the shrine spirits.

"WHAATTT Σ(`Д' )!? Why did you decide to do something unnecessary? Listen, those are already old prayers. Staying late at night isn't good for a young maiden's skin!" I received a slight scolding while she moved some tomatoes from her bowl to my own. "For now, eat that. It's good for the skin."

I stared Nanami who continued her breakfast with a slight furrows on her forehead. "It's not the reaction I'm expecting from Nanami like in the anime would have", I thought while wondering if she still doesn't have enough motivation to do this kamisama(20) thing properly like hearing the believers' prayers.

But for someone who unexpectedly became a human deity after a night, I think my friend here is already doing her best by practicing her divine powers every morning with the help of her talismans.

" (*¯∀¯)ノ Are you sure you're giving me the tomatoes because you're concerned about me or you just don't like tomatoes?" I laughed.

" (≧ヘ≦) Of course it's not like that, geez! ", Nanami refuted.

Because of the poverty of Momozono family, I knew Nanami won't dare to be picky on her foods. But since she has a good life under Tomoe's care now, I felt like I wanted to tease her. I still remember when we had chicken barbecue night, Nanami actually barely ate vegetables and feasted on the meats happily.

I ignored her while I pulled my drained phone from my pocket. It's quite disappointing that I didn't have my phone charger with me when I found myself in this world. When Kurama last visited here in the shrine, he saw my phone and got interest in it. I let him self-volunteer to find a compatible charger for my device but for now, the only use it has right now is its dark screen like a hand mirror.

"Eyebags", I sighed to myself.

"Hmm... don't worry. It's not a big deal. I usually sleep late at night to study" I told them, leaving the next words unsaid. "And even watch anime afterwards when mom isn't at home".

"Plus it's such a waste if the prayers from the believers that Tomoe recorded for 20 years with his nice handwriting won't be put into use", I added while I pulled out a notebook from by school bag and showed it to Nanami.

Gosh, I could honestly feel a pair of fox eyes glued at me while Nanami flips the pages of the notebook. Who knows if she's actually paying attention to what I wrote.

"Well, I decided to organize those wishes that can still possibly be granted", I slightly explained.

Nanami eventually returned to me the notebook with a sour face and replied dryly, "I'll... think about it.."

"Eherm.." Tomoe, who seems doesn't like being left behind from a conversation suddenly cleared his throat.

"Nanami, aren't you supposedly the one who should follow Mikoto's example? She's just trying to do some of your deity duties while you're not being useful". And then, he flashes some crumpled papers which looks like the quizzes we had yesterday.

ハ_ハ
" (¬⇀¬ ) You even dared to bring this thing home. Don't you have any shame?"

*cough cough* Nanami and I almost got chocked to death.

"Waaahhhh! (〃>_<;〃) Where did you get that?!" Nanami jolted and immediately snatched the papers from his hand.

The familial fox maintained his calmness. "I agreed to let you go to school but it seems like you're also failing as a student. If this continues, I think it's better for you to just stay in the shrine and enhance your divine power"

"( > × <)/ I'm not failing as a student. This is just normal when the exam is hard." the high school land deity pouted.

I held my laughter and butted in,
"It's not that hard".

"Said by someone who probably just already learned it before" Nanami said while childishly stick out her tongue to me.

"Our country's curriculum has different patterns so that's not a valid reason." ‹(^_^)› I pointed out.

"But my problem is this...." I continued with my darkened face as I pulled out a paper from my bag. It is my answer sheets from the same quiz that Nanami had. Everyone infront of the dining table was dumbfounded.

"What are those weird symbols? I can't understand a thing" Tomoe commented.

"It's expected that you can't read my answers that I wrote in English. Honestly, how can I read and write in a foreign language in an instant? Don't ask for an impossible thing, you hear me?" I pointed out to the dumb yokai fox.

"Oh, I also remember that the teacher didn't accepted your paper at first because you wrote your answers in English. He said we are in Japanese literature class and not English so he asked you to translate those in Japanese", Nanami added with her gleefully eyes as if she found a way to revenge on me.

Tomoe got a hold on my papers and observed it, "...and by translate, does it mean--"

" ٩(⌯꒦ິ̆ᵔ꒦ິ)۶ᵎᵎᵎ NOOO! DONT SAY A THING ANYMORE! SPARE MY EGO!"

Wrong spellings and misplaced strokes, that's the reason why I also got a low score in the quiz we had. It's the darkest part of my life!! The first time I got a low score from a quiz. q.q

But there's no use sulking right now, "(✧д✧) ﻭ So that's the reason I'm going to triple my studying habits. I don't want to be left behind just because of this language barrier", I declared while firing up with motivation.

"Then, I'll help you (๑˃ᴗ˂) / ", Nanami volunteered but Tomoe and I looked at her with slight distrust.

ハ__ハ
" ( ▔ヮ▔) Are you sure you won't just fall asleep like before?" the familial asked her.

He and I both heard a slight "guh" from Nanami.

"Ho-How rude!! (;ᗒ△ᗕ)ノJust so you know, before I used to have a lot of part time jobs after school just to support the everyday needs of myself and my father. Only after work that I could do my school assignments so I'm also capable of staying late at night", she proclaimed.

"But it's quite obvious that your body immediately adapted to your current easy life wherein Tomoe provides all your needs" I smirked.

"WHAAAA! \(Ò//д//Ó)/ I-I'M NOT!!", Nanami's cheeks turned red.

And I could swore that I caught Tomoe slightly smiling while watching Nanami and I continued bickering to each other.

~ʚĭɞ~

Kurama didn't come to school today. Probably something related to his work again and that also means, a peaceful day~

Or so I thought....

When we reached the shrine after class, he was there again, waiting for our arrival, though not so patiently.

"I thought you promised that no more bothering us?" Nanami frowned at him.

"Ah~ but I also remembered Mikoto asked me to be friends with both of you", the crow tengu replied while attractively brushing his hair upwards with his fingers.

*winks* *confused*

☆*(^▽')~ (▔Δ▔٥)ゞ
"Right,
Mikoto~chan?" "Uhh..huh?"
↑ ↑
Kurama Mikoto

"Just when did I say something about asking to be your friend?" I thought.

I rummage inside my mind for a memory from yesterday and the only thing I remembered is my advice to him about his egotistic personality.

"Hmm.... it's not exactly what I said, but I guess its okay. Well then, please excuse me", I didn't want to waste time for idle talks like yesterday.

I immediately called for the shrine spirits for assistance "Onikiri, Kotetsu, can you help me again in my extra studies?"

"Yes, Mikoto-dono", the two replied from behind me. "We'll prepare the records and extra notebook in your room." it surprised me that I didn't felt them like usual.

"Maybe I'm just tired", I thought the immediately brush off the idea of resting for awhile. "I'm not too tired to skip studying today."

Since today was Friday, I need not to worry if I stay sleepless again tonight. And thus, I didn't knew what happened to Nanami and the rest after I went straight to my room, followed by the onibi children.

~ʚĭɞ~

"So Mikoto can't see lesser spirits yet?", Kurama asked just after Nanami invited him inside. The class 2-2 of Ujigami High School doesn't have any assignments for the day so Nanami turned on the TV in the living room.

"Yes, that is quite correct which also seems quite odd. But most of the time she can feel their presence though", Tomoe dryly replied to his most hated person while preparing for dinner.

"And also, why are you here again? I told you yesterday that you're unwelcome here!", he snarled.

"But the local land deity herself and the shrine maiden welcomed me, remember?", the super popular popstar smirked in return.

*proud* *irritated*
ノ\__ノ\
( ⁀ω⁀)୨~☆♪ (눈͟ᗣ눈)
↑ ↑
Kurama Tomoe

Nanami just ignored the two while her eyes are fixated on the television, but the truth is, her attention isn't on what is flashed on the screen either. She was thinking about the prayers that Mikoto organized for her.

"Tomoe said my divine powers will increase if I fulfilled a wish, but I wonder where I should start", she thought and her eyes gently closed and lulled to sleep.

ノ\__ノ\
"\(ⓛ△ⓛ) Hey girl, don't fall sleep without having your dinner yet!" Tomoe said in a loud voice but didn't made an attempt to wake up the human deity.

"Now, I need to prepare some light snacks for this little girl if ever she woke up from hunger in the middle of the night", his brows knitted as he thought his extra work to do but just helplessly sighed in the end.

This side of the demon fox amuses the crow tengu. He thinks the familiar reminds him of typical mothers in the dramas for the television series.

"Yo, fox", he called him. He didn't like him but he didn't dislike him either as he knew how much the familiar cares for the human ladies he's interested to.

"Do you think Mikoto won't mind to have some helpful cheats? ଘ( ⁀‿º)ノ۶ " Kurama raised his hand and a piece of jet black feather appeared from the thin air between his fingers.

"Mikoto is an honest person", Tomoe simply replied before going back to the kitchen.

He didn't admit it but the crow tengu did gave him an idea. Nanami didn't woke up when it was already time for meal and Kurama left early as well while Mikoto was still busy inside her room and won't come out to eat.

Tomoe sighed again and wonder if his effort was just put into waste. He carried the human deity to her room and gently tucked her in the bed. Next, he carried a tray with the food he prepared earlier and knocked at the door of Mikoto's room.

~ʚĭɞ~

The next thing I knew is when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in (=__=;) ", I said by a sleepy voice.

I don't know how long I've been reading but I still can keep it up.

Tomoe slide open the door and put down the tray besides me since I was so occupied by the book on my hand.

"Woman, have some meal if you're hungry. I'm going to leave for awhile so I won't be able to assist you later if you need something", he said while I kept paying attention at my studying.

"Okay", I replied without questioning him where he would go nor looked at his direction.

I furrows my brows as I tries to read another unfamiliar kanji 避 to no avail. I can't remember if I'd seen it before so I slowly copied each strokes on my extra notebook.

"How do you read this again?" I asked the two shrine spirits and they gladly replied me.

"It is read as shik" "but sometimes it is also sa, depends on the use in the sentence"

"So this means....", I wrote the English word avoidance besides the kanji I had just wrote.

I didn't noticed when Tomoe quietly left my side and closed the door behind me. I don't care what he does anyway, as long as he won't do anything that might change their fate.

~ʚĭɞ~

Tomoe doesn't want to leave the shrine unattended even just for awhile especially when the enshrined local deity is a weak human girl and her shrine maiden won't be helpful either especially since she's preoccupied by her studying.

"Well, I'm going to do this for Nanami's sake. I, Tomoe, will do all necessary things to make my master worthy of my service. If her miko will be able do the works she's expected to do, I'm fully sure that this will also give good effect on Nanami", the fox familiar encourage himself.

He rode the flying wagon that can only travels through the night sky and urgently went to Dazaifu at Fukuoka Prefecture and visited the well known Dazaifu tenman-gū(21).

A group of shinki(22) of shrine maidens welcomed him leaded by a beautiful lady with plum flower symbol on her forehead.

"Tomoe-dono, what is it that you need in this shrine?", the woman asked with her charming smile.

"Lady Tsuyu, I know it is already late at night but I would like to ask for Tenjin-sama's presence. I have a favor to ask him", Tomoe politely bowed to the ladies as a greeting.

"Kochi fukaba
Nioi okose yo
Ume no hana
Aruji nashi tote
Haru o wasuru na"

A wise man's voice rang and appeared infront of Tomoe himself. "Welcome, familiar of Mikage shrine. You're Tomoe, aren't you? What is that kind of favor you wanted to ask from this old man?", the friendly deity asked the fox.

The familiar bowed once more to greet the well-known patron kami(20) of academics, scholarship, learning, and intelligence.

ノ\_ノ\
" ( ˘ᴗ˘)、 I apologize for the late notice. I hope my presence didn't bothered to you".

The man wholeheartedly laughed. "Don't worry young fox, sometimes someone like me in their old age also enjoys some surprises and your late visit tonight is enough as a good entertainment", the scholarly deity said before shifting to a more serious manner without losing his friendly aura.

"I'd like to wish for talisman, a scholar charm. Our new shrine maiden has something she calls language barrier. I wish to lessen her intensive language studies so that she may serve the shrine in her utmost dedication", Tomoe delicately expressed his wish. He would like to say the word useless but he also thought it might also ruin the image of the Mikage shrine, and he doesn't like that.

"I see", the deity in the appearance of an old man caress his beard as if he was thinking something deep.

,ฅ、
" ٩⊂(ᵔᴗᵔ‶) I think I already have fully grasp the situation. Your new local human-deity had a new shrine maiden, you said. She has difficulties in our native language which might be because of being born from another country and you wish to help her so that she may also be helpful to your new master", Tenjin-sama rephrased with the addition of some informations that he knew beforehand.

It didn't much amused Tomoe and he only felt annoyed. If the old man knew that much then he could have just given him the charm he needed and not wasted more seconds in talking.

He wants to hurriedly go back to the shrine as fast as he can even though he's aware that the shrine's protection is enough for the short term he'll be away.

Tenjin-sama chuckled once more while trying to read the fox familiar.

"If I gave you a talisman right now, will that be enough for you?" He pulled a typical charm he had in his shrine and showed it to Tomoe who immediately replied saying, "I would be much obliged to receive any talisman you give".

"But this thing might not be the one your shrine lady needs", the older man once again keeping the charm he showed inside his sleeves again.

It quietly annoyed once more the familiar but didn't gave hints of showing it.

"Hmmm... let's see....", Tenjin-sama pulled another white charm and one of the ladies approach him with a brush on her hand. He wrote something and blessed it before handing it to Lady Tsuyu.

Tomoe gratefully raised his head and received a talisman wrapped in a small bag made of special decorated white cloth that based on his knowledge, was different from the rest of talisman the shrine normally offer to their believers.

"I think that's more appropriate for the miko of Mikage shrine", the deity said before turning his back from the familiar.

"Do tell her that it will only work once she wished for it", then the old man and the ladies disappeared in the dark night.

"I humbly thank you in place of our shrine priestess", Tomoe bowed down once more with his genuine smile.

As soon as Tomoe left the shrine, Tenjin-sama appeared again but this time, with a bespectacled man with a blond hair.

,ฅ、
" ("ᴗ‿ᴗ)⊃۶ To have Kaguya's reincarnation with us, what a surprise! Especially to be with child you've chosen", the older man commented.

,ฅ、
" (◕‿◡') It also truly surprised me that I needed to shackle her true abilities for her safety as well. But I am aware it will be broken once the right time comes and I'm grateful for your assistance this time", Mikage-sama replied before turning once again in his butterfly form and flew up in the cold air of the night.

~ʚĭɞ~

Author's Note

HEELLLPPPP!!!!! XD

To all the readers of this book, help! I need motivation to write XD

I still have my ideas and I still wanted to continue this story but I just don't know if someone's still looking forward to read updates of this fanfic book :3 so I'd be very thankful if you could be very generous to vote or leave a comment for me to know what you think/feel about my story u.u

...and yeah, if you noticed the above scenario, there's a Noragami reference hihihi

kamisama(20) or kami(20) - means deity or god
tenman-gu (21) - shrines dedicated to the japanese deity Tenjin
shinki(22) - divine spirits

The poem above is written by Tenjin himself or actually Sugawara no Michizane before he died and was deified later on. It means:

When the east wind blows,
flourish in full bloom,
you plum blossoms!
Even though you lose your master
don't be oblivious to spring.

Additional trivia, the poem is about the plum tree he loved so much from his residence in Kyoto and was saddens that he needed to move to Dazaifu.

Ikr it doesn't suits the story but I don't know any other of his works :3

~ʚĭɞ~

MIKOTO

Even though I still feel quite sleepy, I leapt out of my bed just before the vibrant spring rays begins to warm the day.

"I wonder what time I fell asleep last night", is the first thing that entered my mind just after a long yawn.

The last thing I knew, I was already tucked in my bed.

"Did I unconsciously climbed to my bed last night to sleep?" (=×=\)

I finished changing my clothes into my kosode and hakama and tied my hair into my ponytail with red and white ribbon that complements my clothes.

I went straight into the kitchen which I heard the cluttering of pots, chopping vegetables and boiling of water. This morning will go according to schedule like usual.

"Good morning Tomoe", I greeted the yokai familiar first as I reach for a bread on the table.

"Ah, good morning too Mikoto", he replied without looking at me and continues to busy himself in cooking Nanami's nutritious breakfast.

After drinking a glass of milk and having a good bite at my bread, I readied myself to do the shrine works I'm assigned to.

"I'll go sweep the front yard for awhile. Do call me if there's something else you want me to do later", I said. But before I could step outside, Tomoe stopped me on my feet.

ノ\_ノ\

" (˘_˘ ) Wait", he called me and I immediately turned around to look at him.

His beautiful eyes met mine which makes me uncomfortable. "Why?" I irritatedly asked him.

Instead of replying, he just stared at me as if he was in deep thought.

" (-_-) What is it? Hurry up and do tell me", I tried to be a little bit more patient but my brows are already twitching in discomfort.

"Ah, nothing", Tomoe turned again to what he was cooking.

ヾ(ᗒ□ᗕ💢)シ
"GAAHH! Stop wasting my time!"

"Stupid fox!", I blurted out while sweeping the dry leaves at the yards. I feel like he's just making fool of me!

The sun has already woken up from it's slumber behind the horizon and it's warm rays dazzles in-between the tree leaves.

Just right in time, I heard Kotetsu and Onikiri called while approaching me. "Mikoto-dono, Mikoto-dono. Nanami-sama is calling you to join her for the
breakfast."

"Yes, I'm already finished here too so I'll be right there soon", I replied with a beaming smile. I feel like this day will be awesome, as long as Tomoe won't ruin my day again.

The will-o'-wisps led me in the backyard of plum trees while carrying our delicious meal.

Can you imagine a floating tray of foods? That's what the two looks like in my eyes.

Since this is the first time I saw plum trees in real life, I'm not sure if their budding is in the right season or it is because of Nanami's talismans sticking on their slender trunks.

"And how 'bout that!"

Nanami's voice rang as I saw her sticking another white charm on a budding plum tree.

She bit her brush and crossed her arms with disappointed. "This didn't worked either", then she shrugged and readied herself to make another charm.

"Nanami-sama, please have your meal soon", Onikiri said as the two spirits laid down the foods besides her. That's only when she noticed my presence.

"Okay, thank you", she said to the spirits and called me to sit down besides her.

"We'll be leaving first, Nanami-sama, Mikoto-dono", Kotetsu said but left a message for me before they complete excused themselves "Tomoe-dono said you need to go meet him after meal", is their last reminder.

I decided to just ignore it for now and roamed my eyes again around the budding plum trees.

"Are you the one who caused the budding of these flowering trees?" I asked but Nanami just laughed dryly.

" (*─▽─;) Eheheh, I didn't thought it was actually a hard task", she then serve me and herself a bowl full of rice.

"But being able to achieve a deity thing like this in a short period of time despite being just a human, don't you think you've already have achievements?" I tried to motivate her more. "Look at me, I'm sure I won't be able to make them bloom even if I try." Then air was filled with our laughter.

"Don't put down yourself", my good friend told me with her sweet smile. "Didn't Tomoe said you have a spiritual talent as well? Unlike me who only had this deity-thing because of an incident, you have an innate talent"

"I doubt it ( º꒳º)ノ ", I retorted. Because I fully believe I have this "spiritual talent thing" because of Mikage-sama.

"Why don't you try after our meal?" Nanami encouraged me in which I agreed.

After our delicious breakfast, Nanami immediately offered me her brush and her talismans. "You try it", she obviously excited for the result.

I feel so helpless so I consciously copied the strokes of the characters [ 開花 ] that I had already seen multiple times around us. The human deity praised me for my neat brush strokes as I tries to calm my nervousness.

"Here! (ᗒ︿ᗕ)ノ░ " I patched my white charm on a plum tree.

"OMG! (OᗣO!!) I honestly saw it!" Nanami pointed out to the flower buds.

" Where? (*O◇O) Did it blossomed?" I excitedly asked her.

"No, it didn't" (0-0 ; )

Nothing happens.

*expected* *disappointed*
(⁀ᗢ⁀) (ノ_<。)
"I told you "Why are
it won't you still
work! proud of it?"
Hahaha"
↑ ↑
Mikoto Nanami

We fooled around and tried a bit more. We also tried different talisman like kindling fires and wind gusts for experiment. Nanami atleast getting better results, and I.. well, still nothing to be expected. After awhile, I also excused myself and decided to bring our dirty dishes to the kitchen to wash and promised Nanami that I'll be back after I finished my assigned duties for the day.

I don't have plans to meet Tomoe like what he asked but that plans changed when the familiar fox himself blocked my path.

ノ\_ノ\
" ( -_-; ) What's taking you so long? You're making me wait for nothing", he complained.

So, I don't have a choice but to follow him.

Sigh~

~ʚĭɞ~

"The Hi-Fu-Mi norito(23) is considered a prayer of purification, with the power of changing misfortune into good fortune", Tomoe explained carefully while we sat face-to-face inside the worship hall. "The syllables have no meaning in it of themselves so this can be easily learned by beginners like you".

I tried my best to listening but I really can't focus while ignoring my sleeping feet, if you know what that feels (x.x)
I am not used to sit in seiza(24) for so long and this fox has been lecturing and explaining to me for around an hour or more already.

"I therefore like you to learn how to intone the Hi-Fu-Mi norito properly so you can use it before conducting any rituals. Listen well", he added and he started intoning the norito. I, on the other hand, can't stop fidgeting and moving my toes, trying to make myself feels comfortable.

WHACK!

Itaaaiii!

*irritated* *tired*
ノ\__ノ\
(#'△')ノ m(_ _;m)
"I said listen "Can we rest
to me! 💢" for awhile?"
↑ ↑
Tomoe Mikoto

Tomoe helplessly sighed. "Fine, but take this seriously later after a short break", he calmed down and stood up.

Lying down on the cold wooden floor, I suddenly remembered my promise this morning

"Gosh, I almost forgot!"

Limping, I hurriedly walked back to Nanami while hoping she didn't overworked herself again just because she lost track of time.

I was about to run outside when I noticed Tomoe right on time. I immediately hid behind the wall and peeked at the door while he carefully covers the human deity with blanket.

I force myself not to squeal, " (>﹏< *) Darn, I wish my phone battery have charge right now so I can capture this sweet moment."

I watched them while Tomoe stares Nanami's careless sleeping face. My mind wandered to the near future of them together I am expecting like in the anime.

"I wonder if my existence here will have influence to their fate"

I was too deep in a daze that I didn't noticed the familiar is already on his way back inside the shrine, towards my direction.

In panic, I limped away but accidentally tripped on my feet.

Itta! ( X﹏x )

"If you have time to spare, why don't you use it for practicing the norito?"
I heard the familiar deep voice behind me.

Crap, I was caught red-handed!

~ʚĭɞ~

NANAMI

"Warm", I thought. Just earlier I can still feel the cozy wind breeze.

"I didn't noticed, when did I doze off?", I asked myself while still half-asleep. I was too comfortable to wake up.

"-sama! Land deity-sama!", An unfamiliar high-pitched voice echoed in my ears. The tone sounds it is urgent so I slowly opened my eyes.

That someone who spoke to me gave me a shock... because it wasn't a person..

...but a bird! A talking hat-wearing white sparrow!

"I am a familiar of my Imperial Priestess, I came to deliver a message", it said. "Tonight, the priestess of the lake will come to the shrine to greet and pay respect for the new land deity.

"Eh?" (O﹏o)‽

I was so shock that it left me speechless while watching the messenger bird fly away.

Anyways, I need to tell this to Tomoe and Mikoto!

"Onikiri! Kotetsu!", I hurriedly called the onibi children and the two wisps immediately flew towards me.

"Yes, Nanami-sama?" they asked me with obvious worries in their faces probably because they hinted the panic in me.

" ( つ><)つ I need to see Tomoe. Where is he?"

"In the worship hall with Mikoto-dono", they replied and willingly accompanied me.

From the corridor, the only thing I could hear is my fast footsteps and Mikoto's voice that's been chanting something.

"HI FU MI YO.. I MU NA YA KO TO MO... TSU..."

"CHI", corrected Tomoe.

"CHI RO RA NESHI KI? RU YU...", unsurely continued by Mikoto.

"Huff, stop. You should have confidence with this nori-"

BAMM!

The yokai familiar failed to finished his sentence because of my interruption. Well, WHO CARES!? What I need to say is more important than their gibberish that I can't understand.

"Tomoe! ლ(¯ロ¯"ლ) There's something you need to hear from me", I stated the reason of my sudden intrusion.

I saw Mikoto looked at me with her grateful eyes as if I just saved her life.

Even though Tomoe was unhappy with my actions from earlier, he still patiently listened to me and agreed when I asked him if we could talk while I hurriedly walk back to my room.

I scurried inside my room while telling the event to Tomoe who was sitting outside my room.

I'm in total panic because I NEED to change clothes! A formal one!

Unfortunately, Mikoto and I only found kimonos and yukatas which I don't know how to wear by myself and obviously, I can't depend to my foreign friend here. In the end, I decided to just wear my uniform. It's formal anyway.

Tomoe sighed after I finished telling him what I needed to say.

" (@_@) T-The bird talked like it's normal. It's talking really fluently, you know?" I pointed out while fixing and tightening my bow tie.

ノ\_ノ\
" (¯ . ¯٥) The one who sent him is the master of the lake called Tatara", Tomoe entered the room while he told us. "Originally, she was the incarnation of a catfish".

But even while he's explaining, I was still so flustered that I keep repeating what I saw.

"You know, a bird-"

"A bird.."

Mikoto who can't stop giggling hugged me, still full of laughter.
" ⊂( ' ▽ ' )⊃ Nanami, it's just normal. You mentioned the bird said he was a familiar right? Also, we have here a yokai fox as a familiar", she reminded me.

Only after that I managed to calm down. "Oh, yeah you're right Mikoto"

I recovered and remembered I'm not living the ordinary life now.

The fox obviously didn't liked Mikoto's comment but we just ignored his reaction.

"Why is she going to visit here, anyways?" I mumbled.

"Isara lake is a part of the land which the Mikage shrine protects", Tomoe started to fill me in for details but Mikoto stole the familiar's limelight again intentionally or by chance.

"Then that makes sense. After hearing that a new land deity came here, it is only natural for her to come here and greet you", she said as she automatically picked up the logic for me.

"Oh (・・)ゞ ", I understood and I sat infront of my mirror and started brushing my hair.

"A catfish princess this time, huh?" My imagination wandered to picture out our guest for tonight.

"I'm almost nervous about her coming to meet me", I unawarely thought loudly.

ノ\____ノ\
" σ( ̄、 ̄〃) Why are you tidying up?"

"Huh?" I was confused with Tomoe's question and stated the obvious. "Well, I need to look proper when greeting guests, don't I?"

"You don't have to show up at all", the yokai fox's reply was unexpected. His cold eyes pierced through my heart and left me stupefied. "An incompetent brat like you would only screw up. Even if you show up, you'll just only be a nuisance".

I was so speechless as I watch my familiar slowly closing the door of my room. "Listen up, Nanami. Don't leave the room until everyone left", he commanded me then looked at my shrine maiden's direction who was currently resting carefree on my bed. "And you Mikoto, you're going to help me arrange everything we need to welcome the guests".

"Huh? Σ(°ロ°) " Mikoto jolted and almost fell from her resting position. "And I'm expecting you'd lock me here too!"

"Don't be lazy, you're a shrine maiden. Hurry up and prepare yourself!"

The door was shut close and I was still petrified.

"Did he just indirectly said that I was just a shame of Mikage shrine?" T'was the emotion swelled inside of me.

I suddenly felt Mikoto's warm hands gently hold mine and looked at me with her gentle and comforting smile.

"Don't misunderstood him", she said with full of wisdom. "Tomoe is just worried that if they knew that new land deity is you, a human young girl, they might not keep quiet about it and might bully you".

My faithful friend wiped my eyes that were unawarely swelling with tears. "I will come back after Onikiri, Kotetsu and I helped in the preparation, okay?"

I decided to trust Mikoto because even though she loves teasing me sometimes, I knew she always have unexpectedly good reasons to cover up and side with Tomoe whom she always argue with.

It was already almost sundown when the onibi children came into my room and accompanied me. Night fell and there's still no Mikoto knocking on my door which made me feel more upset.

"Nanami-sama, please cheer up soon", Onikiri and Kotetsu still continued to make me feel better. "Tomoe-dono only said that because he's worried about you. It was for your own benefit."

"No, (ಥ﹏ಥ) that's called "putting a lid on things that stinks"", I sulked.

But they're right, Even if I were to attend, I wouldn't know what to do.

"Is it really alright?" I can't helped but to asked my inner self.

~ʚĭɞ~

Author's Note

Hey readers! Thank you for being patient with me u.u especially to Flameshewolf and @myfairlady5 !!
I know I owe you guys a lot.

Love lots and see you soon~

norito(23) - Shinto prayers or ritual incantations usually addressed to a given kami.

seiza(24) - the way Japanese sits formally

開花 - means blossoming flower

Edited: I wrote Tatara Numa (literally means Tatara Swamp) as Isara lake and so I corrected it.

Enjoy Reading Minna~san!

KX~

Word Count: 6037

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 54 7
Ten years have passed since the incident happened. Nanami was now living her happy life together with her cousin Yukiji, the crown princess of Japan...
128K 3.3K 43
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be actually Isekai'd. Not reading a character going to another world but you yourself getting sent to...
152K 4.3K 32
~•~COMPLETED~•~ ~•~Kamisama Hajimemashita/Kiss Fanfiction~•~ ~•~Mizuki x Reader~•~ ~•~Tomoe x Reader~•~ ~•~Kurama x Reader~•~ ~•~Sneak Peek~•~ Where...
74.4K 1.7K 19
●|COMPLETED|● ¤¤¤¤ "Just when I thought all hope was lost, I heard Tomoe's voice calling my name. It was like a ray of light in the darkness of my pa...