It All Started With Candy

By TheFanFicExpress

Gabriel Novak has very bad social anxiety. It's caused him to be mute and he doesn't like to leave his house... More

Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:
Part 4:
Part 5:
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
A/N
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28

Part 19

856 41 48
By TheFanFicExpress

"Yes, I will forgive you dad."

Every single person except for Cassie jumped back in surprise.

"Oh yeah I forgot to tell you guys, Gabriel is starting to talk again."

My dad embraced me in a hug.

"I'm so proud of you Gabriel. What caused you to start opening up again? This must be very hard on you."

My face started to heat up.

Oh boy. Do I tell them about Sam? Do they really accept me now or are they just lying to me? Will they hate me if I tell them? I just got them back, I don't want to lose them again. What if-

I got interrupted by Cas pulling me into my bedroom.

"Hey Gabe, it's going to be okay. We aren't the same people you knew six years ago. I can assure you that they're going to be okay with you talking about your massive crush. They're not going to be mad, I promise."

It's like he read my mind. Some would say that it's the sibling bond, but it could've been he knows about Sam and he could probably see the anxiety on my face.

"But if you don't feel comfortable telling them, then that's okay. This is the first you've seen them in six years and they're already getting personal, so you don't have to answer anything, okay?

I took a deep breath in to quiet my thoughts.

"It's okay, it's okay. I'll tell them."

I started to take a few steps out or the room when I felt Cas's hand grab my arm.

"Wait, I uh, I need to make a phone call, it's super important and I suddenly remembered it. And you shouldn't go out there and tell them yourself."

I raised my eyebrow and shot him a look of confusion.

"Why?"

He started to shift of his feet as if he was trying to hide something.

"I'm almost positive that they'll be accepting, but what if I'm wrong?"

My face dropped.

What if he's right? Everyone makes mistakes and misjudgments, so he could be wrong. Oh god, I definitely can't go through with this.

Cas grabbed both of my shoulders and got me to look at him.

"Hey now, it's going to be okay. Especially if I'm there to help you if things go south. After all, I'm gay too so they're going to have to get through me to get to you. That and you're my baby brother and I'll never let them hurt you again."

Wait...

WAIT HOLD ON

CASSIE IS GAY???????????¿????

I would've fallen over if it wasn't for him holding me up. After I finally found my balance, I stared up at him in disbelief.

"Wait one goddamn minute, you're gay??????"

Cas gave me a small but genuine smile.

"Yeah I realized it a few years after you left. Dad wasn't the happiest but he let me stay regardless because there was no one left in the house and he didn't want to feel lonely."

Maybe that's another reason why Cas is trying to undo the wrongdoings. I mean, it doesn't seem very fair that I got kicked out for being gay but Cas didn't because dad just didn't want to be lonely.

Cas's eyes suddenly perked up and got this excited grin on his face.

"I have an idea! Since I need to take this phone call, how about you go to the kitchen and act like you're doing something important while you wait on me to finish the call? Or better yet, go into the bathroom and wait for me to finish so you don't have to deal with their staring."

With a shrug I headed into the bathroom. I don't know why he needs to take the call NOW of all times, but I guess it's okay.
————————————————————————
POV: Cas

I slowly snuck out of Gabe's room so I didn't make any noise and my entire family started to run away from the wall. They were definitely trying to listen to our conversation but I don't think they heard anything. That or they're just trying to cover up what they know.

With an eye roll, I started to give my little announcement, but not too loud to where Gabe could hear it.

"Alright guys! I have a plan and you're just going to have to roll with it, okay?"

They all gave me shrugs and not a real response, but knowing them, that's the best I'm going to get.

You see, as I Gabe was having his little reunion with the rest of the family, I couldn't help but notice a note sitting on the table by the notebook that had my phone number on it.

I slowly made my way over to the table to not raise suspicion and I started to read the note.

Oh my god.

I had to physically stop myself from face palming so hard, my hand would go through my head. So my friend who told me that Gabriel lived here in this area? Yeah that's Dean. I guess he was just too much of a dumbass to figure out that that Castiel on the paper and that phone number belonged to me. Dean doesn't really like to connect the dots now does he?

I mean, I can't really be too mad because I didn't make the connection either. I knew Dean had a brother named Sam, hell I was such good friends with Dean that I was friends with Sam too. I just didn't know he was talking about Sam Winchester. I just thought he was talking about some rando named Sam because that name is pretty popular.

That's when I got the great idea of calling Dean when Gabriel is about to talk about his HUGE crush on Sam, getting Sam in the same room, and having them go on mute so he doesn't stop talking.

Genius idea, I know. It'll be perfect way to get them together because it sounds like Sam has a mega crush on him too.

I walked away from where Gabriel couldn't hear me and pull out my phone and clicked on Dean's contact. It would be easier if I had Sam's number, but they're always together and practically inseparable so I didn't see the point in getting it. That and I have a big gay crush on Dean but that's not what we're talking about right now. This is about Gabriel and Sam.

The phone clicked.

"Uh hello? Cas?"

I decided to get straight to the point.

"Do you know Gabriel Novak?"

"Uh, yeah. That's the guy that Sam as a massive crush on but he's too scared to tell him."

I rolled my eyes so hard I thought they'd roll all the way to him.

"Do you recognize any familiarity in the name?"

A few seconds of silence

"Uh....no?"

I couldn't control my VERY sharp inhale.

"Dean what's my name?"

Several seconds of silence

"Cas...?"

"Castiel Novak. Castiel Novak, Dean. He's my brother."

10 seconds of silence

"......OOOOHHHH!!!! Wait, your name is Castiel? I thought it was Cas!"

I pinched the bridge of my nose out of the annoyance of his stupidity. This is the man that I fantasize about each night? Unbelievable.

"Dean, Cas is short for Castiel."

"Wait really???"

"YES! God Dean, you're such a dumbass sometimes."

"I'm sOrRy!"

I could hear laughter from the background in whatever room he was in. I could only assume that was Sam.

"Dean, we can talk later about how it's been YEARS and you still didn't know my name, but that's not why I called you. Was that Sam in the background? Tell him to come here, it's very important."

Not 5 seconds later I could hear Sam approaching the phone.

"Hey CASTIEL!"

I giggled at Sam mocking him but quickly composed myself as I didn't want to keep Gabe waiting too long as he might get suspicious. But knowing him, he'd be so clueless he wouldn't even figure out what's going on if we straight up told him.

"Hello Sam, so it's come to attention that you do in fact have a crush on my little brother Gabe right?"

"......yes."

"Good, he's going to come out here and explain to his family why he decided to start opening up more and why he's trying to talk more. And that reason is you. He's going to talk about his crush on you and I want you to hear it okay? So I'm going to put the phone down on the table and you guys are going to mute yourselves okay?"

I could hear Dean giggling and I could almost feel Sam's blush through the phone. Suddenly all sound cut from the phone despite still being on the call and that was my cue to go get Gabriel.
**********************************************
Chuck said "and that's on Robert"

Word count: 1477

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 344 23
"All I want is to be safe and sound. And with you." Dean and Sam Winchester, brothers and best friends, have a good life together. But it all turns t...
1.1K 22 21
Clarie has lived on her own for years, and she wants to know where she came from. Now she has to track down her parents, which could be the biggest b...
3.1K 124 15
ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇɴ sᴜᴘᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟ? ᴅᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀs? ɪғ sᴏ ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ! ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴀsᴛɪᴇʟ... ᴡʜᴏ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ?
7.3K 618 43
It was normal night at the Winchester home; Dean and Sam trying to fall asleep while their parents were watching tv in the living room. But somethin...