His not so beautiful wife

By suzangill98

The youngest billionaire in town with the looks of Adonis and everything at his feet desired just one thing m... More

The heartbreaker
The odd one
you!
The welcome
Imperfection
loyalty and doubts
breaking silence
Are you ashamed of me?
His hidden depths
Silence before storm
silver linings
The girl from his past
Humiliation and apologies
The war of fury
Talking fists
Burning desires
drifting apart
hating my love
Why not me?
Dreams and reality
He can smile!
vodka speaking
The veil of secrets
Crest and troughs
Hiding pain
The dinner date
a kiss under water
Stop me if you can
The storms and shields
Two to one
The wrong turn
Twisted fate
Echoing cries and broken ties
Beastly
Line of hate
Kingdom of hope
The deal
Taken
Destiny
0 feet enclosure
In silence he bleeds
In the end (Epilogue)

Lightning and thunder

148K 6.7K 2.2K
By suzangill98

The party ended and everyone were exchanging their farewells except for one person.

Elle stood at her window sill, looking down at the leaving guests.
Her fever has returned because of the fatigue but she didn't tell this to anyone.

Not even him.

She was not the kind of person who will tell you if she is having any problems, she won't pass on her stress to you unless it is very important.

Sighing she turned around to rest for the day when her eyes fell on the mirror.

She was still wearing the gown,removing it has become a big task.
The safety pins have been too nicely pinned and she was not able to remove them without making the pins to poke into her skin.

30 minutes, it has been since she returned to her room and still she struggled with the pins.

Her arms were aching, working for so long on her back and her neck was already sprained, watching in the mirror.

The staff left and so did the guests, there was no one she could ask for help.
Getting frustrated with futile attempts, she defeatedly lays on the bed with the dress still on.

She tried to sleep but the tightness of the dress restricted her movements.
More minutes passed and at last, she decided to pull up the length of the gown to her thighs.

As cold air fell on her lower body she got some relief from her burning temperature and unknowingly fell into a deep slumber.
................................................

He entered his room while losing his tie and removing his coat.

As soon as he entered the room the sight that welcomed him made his steps to stop right there.
His hands, which were tugging on his tie, stood still and his breathing stopped for a second.

There on the bed, his ugly duckling was sleeping peacefully with her brown hair sprawled around on the pillow.
The dress still on and her long slender legs hugging a pillow.

The dress was up till her waist and her beautiful thighs were on full display.

He had to look away instantly to stop his body from reacting to such a view.

Moving towards his wardrobe he placed his watch in the drawer specific to his watches and hanged his coat on the hanger.

His mind and body still tempting him to turn around and admire the girl lying on his bed.

Soon his thoughts were interrupted by a sound, that made him to finally turn around to find its source.

Her cute little snores made him move closer to her.
His eyes drifting to her lips which were slightly moving as each breath left them.

Her hands were clapped together and placed under her cheek as she slept like a baby.

Pulling the quilt up till her waist he covered her up but not once did he looked down.
He was a man of control and no matter what he will not see her without her permission.

He knows that she is his as they were married but still her body first belonged to her and then to him.

He was moving back from her when he saw her pulling down the quilt from herself in half-sleep.
Her snores have stopped and there were creases on her forehead.

He sighed and again pulled up the quilt on her body.
Once assured that she will not try to remove it again, he moved towards the washroom to freshen up.

He came out of the bathroom with a towel placed around his neck and his abs on full display.

His eyes fell on the bed to see her brown eyes already staring at him.
Ignoring her gaze he moved towards the wardrobe and pulled out a white shirt over his head.

Opening up his laptop and getting seated on the couch, he was thinking of finishing his pending work before the day ends.

Few minutes into his work and he couldn't concentrate as he felt her stare at him, she was taking hidden glances at him.

"Do you need anything?"

He asks still typing and looking at the screen.
Knowing she will hear him anyway.

"Eh.....ya.....I....just......."

Getting irritated with her mumbling he finally looked up at her, giving her his full attention.

"This dress....I can't take it off......can .....you....."

She lowered her gaze and her hands clenched the quilt.
She thought she had made an embarrassing request while he just raised an eyebrow at her.

Without a word he got up and made his way towards her on the bed.

Her heart started beating faster with each heavy step he was taking her way, and soon his presence behind her made her feel butterflies in her stomach.

"Move your hair aside."

His command made her shaking hands pull onto her hair to bring them in front.

The zip was secured by three pins ..each pin going deeper.

Pulling out the first pin his cold fingers slid past her burning skin, making goosebumps appear on her arms.

She closed her eyes waiting for this weird feeling in her stomach to end but it was only getting worse with his closeness and each passing second.

The last pin was a stubborn one, it was placed from the inside making him move closer to her neck to see the lock.

His breath fell on her neck and she felt like she will pass out right there.
It was not fear anymore, it was something way stronger.
It was doing something inside her stomach, making her body tremble.

As soon as the pin was removed, she didn't wait for a second and ran inside the bathroom banging the door shut in a hurry.

He sat there on the bed confused about his wife's behavior.
He could feel her shaking with his mere touch and he somehow liked it.

He has met a fair share of women in his life, but never has he encountered such a split personality like herself.

Just a few hours ago her lips were shouting profanities at him and just now they were trembling with just a mere touch by him.

She was weird in a way he couldn't understand and this confused him.

Not to think much about her, he made his way back to the couch to continue his work.

Finally, after 30 minutes, she decides to come out of the bathroom.

He refused to get distracted from his work this time, not sparing her another look he tried concentrating on his work.

Her downcasted eyes shyly managed to look up to see his fingers typing something at a robotic speed.
His face was highlighted by the light of the desktop and she couldn't help staring at his perfect features.

How can a man like him not have girls throwing themselves at him?
She could bet he has had countless ex-girlfriends.

She may not be the first one for him but he was her first in every aspect.

Being her husband meant he was everything.

She still remembers him asking her to go to another man to satisfy her needs.

Demanding only obedience from her.

But little does he know that she will die before loving someone else other than him.

She wasn't someone who needs bodies to satisfy her needs, she just wants some care and affection and she would be fine.

Even happy actually.

Placing the quilt on her she turned her back on him, a smile escaping her lips.
His action of saving her from embarrassing her on the dance floor relived in front of her eyes and she fell asleep with a weird sensation rushing through her.

..........................................

His work was voluminous and so was its burden.
He couldn't sleep before completing it and this made his sleepy eyes red with strain.

Slowly a mild headache was coming to its surface and he couldn't help take a break.

Getting up from his seat he stood near the window to see raindrops tapping on the glass and leaving a trail behind.
A bright thunder illuminated and he waited for the sound to follow.

But along with the voice of thunder, another scream followed and he looked back to see his wife pulling the quilt over her head and shivering underneath.

He sighed not wanting another of girls' dramas which he hated with a passion.

He remembers hating his ex-girlfriends crying over a broken extended nail or a muddy pathway that ruined their expensive stellitoes.

And this was no exception to them he thought.
It was just some thunder and rain but they have to create such a drama out of it.

Ignoring her he continued to do his work when he heard her sobbing under the layers with muffled cries.

He couldn't read a line more before getting distracted by her sobs.
Feeling irritated due to the tons of work he still had to do and her childish interruptions he shouted at her.

"Can you for god sake stop this drama!!! I am trying to do some work here!!"

His anger made her stop all of a sudden.
She tried to take deep breaths followed by placing both hands on her mouth to shut her cries.

Astraphobia
The fear of lighting and thunder that almost every child has when they are younger.
But with time everyone tends to give it away like many other fears.

But not her.
Since childhood, she used to be afraid of it but no one held her in their arms to make her lose this fear.
She used to lock herself up in a cupboard or hide under the bed until the storm continued.

Sometimes when she used to share her room with Rose she remembers clinging onto her even though Rose pushed her every time she did it.
Crybaby was what she called her.

But little had Rose known what level of fear and anxiety the little girl's insides were experiencing.

She knew nothing will happen....it was just some light and sound but every time a louder clap of thunder was heard she felt like her heart was leaving her chest.

She didn't want to disturb him....plus she didn't want him to think of her as what everyone else thought.

She wanted to hide her fears from him and that's why with little courage left in her she pulled up her quilt and pillow to leave him to silence.

He lifted his eyebrow in surprise as he saw her leaving the room with the quilt still fully wrapped around her.

He did felt guilty for shouting at her like that but he couldn't help controlling himself when under stress.

Ignoring her and enjoying the silence he continued his work completely forgetting the girl and her struggles.

....................................................

It was near dawn and he just finished completing his work.
Deciding to get a glass of water he headed towards the kitchen.

As he pulled out a glass from the cupboard his eyes fell on something lying near his feet.
Crouching down he looked closer to see a corner of the quilt stuck inside the lower cabin.

As soon as he realized which quilt it was he couldn't help feel a feeling of dread in his heart.
Pulling open the cabin his eyes widened in surprise as to what he saw.

There sat his ugly duckling tucked inside the cabin half her size.
She was hugging her legs, her lips were shivering and so was her whole body.

Her face had trails of dried tears and she looked ready to pass out.

Regret weighed his conscience as he realized how real her fears were and how inconsiderate his behavior was.

Trying not to scare her he spoke in a soft voice.

"Ugly duckling this is not a place to sleep!"

Her eyes opened with shock as she looked at him towering over her even when he was crouching.

"I.....has....the....rain.... stopped....?"

He looked up to see still it was raining cats and dogs outside.

Another clap of thunder was heard and he saw her shake with fear from it.

"No. It is still raining..now come out.!"
He said in a commanding tone hoping she follows.

But instead, she held the cabinet door with her shaking fingers and tried to close it.

"Let me be"

He stopped her with a look of irritation clear in his eyes.

"You are not a kid....it is just thunder!"

"Exactly my point Mr. Lockwood it's just thunder...so just leave me!"

She said with her voice quivering but determination evident.

He was not going to take her attitude...he hated it as much he hated her.

"Don't push my limits girl...either you come out or I am dragging you out of this !"

"Why to bother Mr. Lockwood..you didn't seem to like being disturbed earlier?"

Not interested in replying to her he placed his arms under her knees and she shrieked with surprise.

Pulling her up the quilt fell from her body and she immediately felt goosebumps appear on her skin.

But soon the coldness was replaced by the warmth of his body as he pulled her closer to him.

"How dare you touch me you arrogant bas-"

Her words stopped mid-sentence as another thunder was heard which was loud enough to vibrate the glasses of the house.

She locked her fingers behind his neck tightly and snuggled her face in his chest.

He felt the girl shaking like a leaf in his arms and he couldn't help pulling her closer.

He made his way to their room and gently placed her down on the bed.

He moved back but the girl refused to leave his shirt.
She was clutching onto it as her eyes were still closed.

"Please.....stay......just let me hold something.....anything.....anything will be fine......"

Was she the same girl who was saying not to touch her?
She had a bipolar disorder or something he thought.

Getting onto the bed behind her he enclosed his arms around her tiny waist pulling her to his chest.

As soon as he engulfed her in his warmth her shivering stopped and she tightly held his hand which was placed on her stomach.

Her cold fingers were warming enclosed in his large warm hands and she felt at peace the first time after a struggle of so many years.

Predicting the coldness of her feet he enclosed her legs with his and tried to stop her body from shaking.

Soon he could hear her normal breathing followed by peaceful snores.
He laughed at how weird this girl was.

He had never met a girl like her and couldn't help but protect this little thing enclosed in his arms.

"Sleep my little ugly duckling...your Prince is here"
With this, he fell into a deep slumber tired of such a hectic day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 5.9K 57
[18+] [Photoframe Series Book #1]πŸ¦‹ [πŸŽ–οΈThe Fiction Awards 2020 winner] It's a new adult love story with a possessive, billionaire hero and scandalou...
383K 7.3K 44
***Completed*** *Mature Content Warning* TW: Car accident, Depression, sexual content His touch made me shiver as I couldn't take my eyes off of his...
1.8K 208 28
OH MY GOD! There's nothing quite like being trapped with the one man you can't stand .. egotistic, pompous, and brutal. He was the epitome of opulen...
1M 24.7K 39
"I want a divorce." And just hearing him say that my whole world that seemed to revolve around him stopped. Gathering myself I barely managed to spea...