12 Days of Bennett

By madilyngracewriter

Completed. When Kendall was told that she has to spend winter break up north with her aunt, she wasn't happy... More

12 Days of Bennett
Information
Chapter 1 | Day 1 - A Wave
Chapter 2 | Day 2 - Laughter
Chapter 3 | Day 3 - Hangout Offer
Chapter 4 | Day 4 - Mall Trip and Friends
Chapter 5 | Day 5 - Snow Fight
Chapter 6 | Day 6 - Card Games and Hot Chocolate
Chapter 7 | Day 7 - Road Trip and Snow Tubing
Chapter 8 | Day 8 - Movie Marathon and Cuddles
Chapter 9 | Day 9 - Snow Falls and Words
Chapter 10 | Day 10 - Comforting Words
Chapter 11 | Day 11 - Serious Moments and Hugs

Chapter 12 | Day 12 - Christmas Lights and Last Day

16 3 2
By madilyngracewriter

"Are you ready? It's getting dark now, almost perfect," Bennett asked, but didn't make any signs of motion to move. His arms still wrapped around me as we were lying in his bed.

"Um no, I'm good. Too comfy," I responded, mumbling against his shirt, tightening my grip on him to prove my point.

"Kendall, as much as I love lying here and holding you tight, we've been doing this all day. And besides, it's almost time to go or we will be late," Bennett said, but again didn't make any attempts to move.

I smiled at that. He was basically showing that he didn't want to move either and that he would much rather prefer to lay here with me. Actually, pretty much said that. Those are great words to say but not say.

He wasn't lying, we have been laying here in his bed together all day. We've been cuddling and watching movies, basically doing whatever we could to soak up the last day we had together before I had to leave.

My plane ride back home is scheduled at 5:30 in the morning, meaning that it's too early for us to do anything together. Plus it was already decided that Aunt Ruby would be the one to drive me to the airport. It's like a last minute resort to hanging out and spending time together like we were supposed to do all along.

We are going to go into that more. We've dealt with all of that and are happy with how things turned out. Honestly, I really enjoyed this winter break way more than I originally thought I would. I am thankful for everything that had happened and every single second I spent here.

So will all that in mind, Bennett and I decided that today was going to be dedicated to him and I, doing whatever we want to do and nothing more.

We've pretty much been doing this since we finished baking yesterday. I got permission from Aunt Ruby to spend the night at Bennett's as soon as we finished washing the last dish. We've laid in his bed watching movies ever since.

Yesterday was actually pretty fun - minus the whole head banging incident. After that it was smooth sailing and to be honest, it didn't feel awkward at all. Which was surprising to me. But then again makes sense, considering that Aunt Ruby and Bennett knew each other before I came into the picture.

It was fun getting to know more about one another. The day was full of delicious foods - once I decided that I would do the majority of the baking and directions. After that, the day was full of good food, jokes, and laughter.

"Come on, babe. Let's go," he said once again, this time he tapped my hip lightly to get me to move.

"No," I mumbled again, keeping my position and once again holding him tighter. It is our last day as I mentioned before, and I don't want this to stop. If I could I would spend the rest of my days, or however long he'd allow me, right here doing exactly this but nothing more. There's nothing more than that I would want to do right now.

Oh, that's right he called me babe again. the smile on my face continue to grow, there is nothing more I would want to be doing right now. Laying in his arms, with his voice calling me babe is the best thing I could imagine.

"Come on Ken, we gotta go. It's getting dark out, it's almost perfect conditions we gotta go," he continued, this time starting to shove me lightly.

Hold up a second, do he just call me Ken? Nobody has ever called me that before, and honestly at that moment I realize that I don't care what he calls me, just the sound of his voice especially when he's talking towards me is the best sound in the world.

"Ken, huh?" I asked, adjusting myself and resting my hands on his chest to look him in the eye.

"Huh, I guess so," he responded, looking up at me with sparkling eyes. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what kind of emotions Bennett was feeling right now. Based on that sly smirk grin and the joy and pure bliss dancing in his eyes, it was easy to say that he was happy and content.

The best kind of expression to have.

And the fact that it was because of me makes it so much more amazing to look at.

His expression changed ever so slightly to a serious one, "okay, we really got to get going though. We will be late."

"Fine," I sighed loudly, rolling off him and onto my back, still on the bed. But at least I got off him right? I closed my eyes and stretched out a bit, physically and mentally preparing myself to get out of bed and be productive.

I don't know why-

My eyes flung open suddenly when I felt pressure on top of me. Once I opened my eyes I was greeted with the best view imaginable.

"Like what you see?" Bennett asked with a wink from his position on top of me.

My breathing increased, along with my heart rate the longer I stared at him. What is this boy doing to me? And how can he do it so easily? All he is doing is straddling my hips and winking at me.

So why is my heart beating like it's going to fall out of my chest and I'm breathing like I just ran a 10k run?

The moment ended as soon as it started. Bennett climbed off me and stood by the bed, a smirk on his face and the joy emotions dancing still in his eyes, this time there was something else in the mix. I don't know what it was, but I have seen it a lot and I know that I never want to see it go away.

I still laid there, trying to regain my breath and refocus my attention.

"Ready baby?"

Just when I finally regained my composure he pulled that card and reset me back to how I was before.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Finally I opened my eyes and my breath returned to the original composure it should be.

"Okay, I'm ready. Where are we going?" I asked, standing next to him, resisting the urge to hug him and press my body next to him. We've been doing that all day, I could handle a little bit of distance between us.

"Just you wait, it's a surprise. You've just gotta get dressed and I'll take care of the rest," he responded, winking again.

And once again, because of that little wink, my heart went into overdrive.

"Wait!" I nearly cried out in fear, panic on my face and in my voice, "I don't have any of my winter gear."

"Don't worry about it. It's not needed. But don't get me wrong, we will be going outside," he paused to smile a bit, "I see that face. Trust me, I have it all taken care of."

"But what if I get cold," I said, crossing my arms across my chest and raising my eyebrow at him.

"Trust me, I have it all figured out. All you need to do is go to my truck. I'll take care of the rest," he said winking once more.

Of course he winked again. And once again, my heart went crazy.

He waved me off and told me to get in his truck once more, this time I listened and headed out of his room. But first I made a pit stop at the bathroom to look at myself and freshen up a bit.

I don't like the fact that Bennett isn't telling where we are going or that I don't need to wear any winter gear - trust me I am grateful for that - but I don't like being left in the dark.

Thankfully I am dressed pretty much for anything - leggings and an oversized sweater - so I don't need to worry too much. I still put on my winter jacket and my beanie, because you can never be too safe or warm. Plus they fit my outfit and they were in style.

Once I finished lacing up my boots I walked over to Bennett's truck, opened the door and sat inside, waiting for him.

After a few minutes I realized his mistake. Bennett had forgotten to give me the keys to his truck, meaning I was left sitting in the freezing cold truck.

I slowly started to shiver, not used to the cold. I don't care if I have been here for twelve straight days now, I have spent eighteen straight years in the nice, hot heat of Florida.

"You ready?" Bennett questioned, getting in the truck and interrupting me from going deep in my thoughts.

I didn't respond to him, instead I just casted a glare in his direction while making my coldness obvious by shivering and chattering my teeth.

"Oh shit, did I not leave the car on for you? I'm sorry, here," he said glancing at me and throwing something in my direction.

Instinctively I closed my eyes and put my arm out in front of me to block whatever it was he threw at me. I was shocked once the only thing my hands touched was something soft, warm, and fuzzy. I slowly opened my eyes up and was met with the same texture covering my face and eyes.

I grabbed the fabric and pulled it from my face slowly, grateful to see that it was multiple blankets. I quickly grabbed them and wrapped them around my body, my shivering and chattering gradually started to decrease.

"Better?" Bennett asked, casting me a smirk, that look still in his eyes.

Instead of responding I nodded and snuggled more into the blankets.

"Perfect," he said with a big smile. "Now just sit there and get comfortable, I'll take care of the rest."

"Where are we going?" I questioned through the fabric of the blanket.

"Wait and see," he responded and then put the truck and we were off.

The ride to the mystery location was full of conversation. I think we were both taking the chance to use it as an opportunity to find out more about each other before I had to leave. I do already feel like I know a lot about Bennett, but maybe he doesn't feel the same way. Or maybe he does, but still wants to know more and memorize everything that is about me.

He kept asking me question after question. All stuff I thought he knew about already.

Whatever the reason why he was doing this, I don't care. I am just thankful for this moment and to be able to soak up all of his attention in his presence.

"Alright, here we are!" Bennett exclaimed suddenly, cutting me off from my thoughts.

Reluctantly I tore my eyes away from his face to look out the window to see where he was looking and what was making him so excited.

"Oh my goodness," I breathed out lightly, "this is amazing!"

"I'm surprised you guys don't do this down in Florida. You still celebrate Christmas down there right?" Bennett asked, glancing over at me.

"Yeah we do, but not to this extreme. And the snow makes it look so much more like a winter wonderland!" I added, still in shock.

"Just you wait, there is so much more to see," he said with a chuckle in his voice.

Bennett had taken me to a winter wonderland village that was full of Christmas lights. The houses were completely covered in lights, the yards as well. It looked like a giant light show, but done classy and neat.

I wasn't kidding, the snow makes it so much more beautiful. We do this back at home, but the palm trees and lack of snow makes it look weird and not natural. But here it does. It looks like it's supposed to be like this all-year-round.

"Look! It's like a gingerbread house!" I exclaimed excitedly, pointing out the windshield as Bennett slowed down in the line of cars.

"That it does," he said nodding. I'm sure he was mocking me, but I didn't really care. I was too excited to look at all of the beautiful houses.

"Are we getting out and doing something," I asked as Bennett drove past a parking lot.

"Nope, this is what we are doing. Driving by the houses looking at Christmas lights. And the plus side is that we get to stay warm and cozy in the truck. So stay wrapped in your blanket and relax. But first, look behind you."

Curious, I turned around to look in the backseat to see what he was talking about.

To my surprise it was decked out into a little bar. There was a giant thermos full of what I could assume was hot chocolate as Bennett doesn't like coffee that much, especially this late at night. There was also a picnic basket - I don't know what was inside, though I still love the thought behind it.

"Like what you see?" He questioned, attempting to hide a smirk, but I still saw it.

"Yes I do," I responded, pulling his hand into my lap while looking at him.

The smirk broke through into a smile as his eyes returned back to the road. "Alright, ready to crack open some hot chocolate?"

"In just a little bit. Right now I'm too busy looking at the lights. They're so beautiful," I breathed out once again, unable to get over the view.

"I can't believe how beautiful either," he responded.

I looked over at him to see that he wasn't looking at the lights. But instead he was looking at me. I let a shy smile slip on my face as I blushed, struggling to maintain eye contact because of how powerful his stare was.

"You know what, Kendall?" He asked, pulling off to the side of the road when there was a gap of cars, right in front of a beautifully decorated house.

"What?" I questioned, my breathing increased as his staring did.

"I love you." his voice full of seriousness.

Suddenly right then and there I realized what that one look he constantly had in his eye was. That thing dancing in his eyes was a look of love.

Something I have seen since the day I met him.

I didn't have to think of what to say. It's something I've wanted to say since the beginning of it all.

"I love you, too, Bennett."

He reached out to me, cupped my face in his hand, and the next thing I knew, his lips were pressed against mine.

The feeling of his lips is incredible. So much better than I could ever think about. I could have never imagined the actual feeling of it. Butterflies exploded in my stomach as I felt tingles all throughout my body.

All at once, with the feeling of his lips against mine and his hand resting on my face, I realized that we were going to be okay. No matter what happens tomorrow, we will be okay.

I will always remember this moment, from the boy that I love, during the winter break I was dreading before it even started.

How could the days I had been dreading turned into the best days of my life?

Never in my life have I felt so happy and content. I wish I can feel this forever. So full of happiness and love.

I am so thankful that I was able to spend the last twelve days with Bennett and I never want it to end. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111 0 8
There are few things more beautiful than December snow in a small park near the campus of Rochester Institute of Technology where Holly studies photo...
83.1K 771 50
☻︎ Ryland Storms fan fiction ☻︎ [COMPLETED] A girl from the Sway House meets the new boy from The Hype House at a party. They trade socials and start...
4.2K 164 10
Who knew a snow storm could cause a little christmas of romance?
3 0 10
16 year old Emily Cameron, has always visited the lake house since she was born. Every holiday and every birthday she's spent in the house. It's owne...