Chasing Blue Eyes

Eminemzminnie tarafından

Following a fire in her last apartment, Clarity May is forced to live in a homeless shelter and share a room... Daha Fazla

Prologue
Black Saliva
New Beginnings
Getting in the Routine
Game Night to Fight Night Pt.1
Game night to fight night Part 2
Eat and Run
Mama said Knock you Out
Mr. Greene's Restaurant
Guilty Conscious & A White Rabbit
Married to a...ghost?
The Breakdown of Kristi Gibson pt.1
The Breakdown of Kristi Gibson pt. 2

Kristi Gibson

285 14 11
Eminemzminnie tarafından

Clarity's P.O.V

Its been a few weeks we've been working at Gilbert's and so far we've managed to survive. We've seen various amounts of shady things occurring, but of course no one dared say anything. Everyone just simply let it go and continued on with there busy shifts like nothing was going on.

Also in that time it seems as if Natasha had decided that we were now best friends as she decided to talk my ear off about her relationship drama every lunch break.

I have never heard a woman run through so many men in a matter of a week, but some how
Natasha managed to do just that.

"And then he had the nerve to give me the check! After he smacked on 5 crab legs, a steak and a whole caesar salad!" Natasha spat bitterly in between puffs of her cigarette.

"Wow.." I said not really listening instead I was tallying up my tips for today trying to figure out if I could afford Tim Horton's tomorrow for breakfast or would I have to go in the early morning breakfast line at the shelter.

"Your so lucky you got a man Clarity, don't have to date none of these idiots." Natasha huffed.

As if on Que Marshall came into the break room with a elated grin on his face which usually meant he was up to something mischievous.

"Clarity!! The Ice Cream Machine broke now Ice Cream is flooding out, Grab some bowls FREE ICE CREAM FOR EVERYONE!!" He enthusiastically cheered grabbing a bunch of bowls and spoons.

"Yeah i'm blessed." I sighed shaking my head causing Natasha to laugh.

"Anyway me and some girls were going to get drinks after our shift tonight, wanna join?" Natasha asked.

"Oh uhh I don't really have any money-"

"Its fine, i'll pay your way, you just show up, and wear something nice." Natasha winked.

"But-"

"Not but's you gotta escape married life every once in a while right? It'll be fun, plus this place has the best food." Natasha continued.

I sighed knowing I wasn't going to win this argument so I agreed and Natasha said she would pick me up around 7 so that would give me some time to get ready.

I had no idea what I was going to wear out tonight, everything I had pretty much burned up with everything else I owned, So I decided I would take a quick trip to the Good Will to see if they had anything cheap and trendy. 

There goes my Tim Horton's breakfast.

I had found something at the Good Will and quickly went back to the Shelter to get dressed. I was putting the finishing touches on my makeup and for just a split second it all came back to me.

Flashback

"Kristi are you coming some time tonight!?" Miles said standing outside the door of her dressing room.

"Can't rush perfection sweetie." She smirked.

"Okay Diva, better have that perfection ready in the next 30 seconds or else i'm telling Mr. Lawson you've got food poisoning." He yelled impatiently.

"I don't have food poisoning." She countered.

"You will if you eat all those cookies and candies these dude's sent you in your fan mail." He teased leaving the room.

"Whatever!" She shouted rolling her eyes.

She took a deep breath as the makeup artist finished up, she could feel the nerves building up but she didn't know why she had done this a billion times, it was almost second nature.

"Kristi Gibson your on chica!" One of the stage directors shouted.

"Alright let's go." She sighed closing her eyes taking another deep breath grabbing the microphone from one of the stage people and stepping out into a boisterous crowd.

She began singing the first lines, 

"Something told me it was over

When I saw you and her talking
Something deep down in my soul said, "Cry Girl"
When I saw you and that girl, walking out..."

End of Flashback

I stared at the person before me shaking my head.

I heard the door open and Marshall entered bouncing along to some song on his headphones before turning to see me.

His mouth immediately flew open as he took off his headphones giving me more than a once over with those blue eyes of his.

"Yo..is it my birthday?" He asked.

I broke out laughing, "I don't know is it? I don't really know your birthday." I shrugged laughing at the man's hypnotized look.

"October 17th.." He said still staring me up and down.

"Nah it's still February." I laughed.

"Oh..Well where you going dressed like that?" He asked.

"Out with Natasha and some of her girls apparently." I said not really enthused, I wasn't a huge party goer these days.

"Well damn can I come?" Marshall asked.

"Sorry ladies only." I said grabbing my old worn heels and slipping them on.

"How you getting there?" He asked laying down on his bed.

"She's picking me up in a few minutes." I explained.

He nodded and I continued putting on a bit of makeup frowning every once in a while wishing I could afford better make up.

I heard a scoff from behind me and I immediately turned around to see Marshall looking at me annoyed.

"Don't be one of those chicks." He said his tone annoyed.

"One of what chicks?" I asked genuinely confused as to what he was talking about.

"You know, those bimbo's who spend hours in the mirror." He said.

I immediately frowned, did he just call me a slut?

"Look, in my opinion you look better without it is all i'm saying." He said reaching over to grab his note book.

Was that a compliment?

"Uhh thanks." I said confused not sure if I had gotten insulted or complimented.

"No problem." He said putting his headphones back on while I grabbed my purse and exited the room.

Wondering what kind of night I was heading into.

-

"Told you this place is awesome!" Natasha said as we entered the bar.

I nodded in agreement as we walked over to the table that already had a group of women sitting down drinking drinks and eating some appetizers.

"Ladies this is Clarity!" Natasha said greeting her girls.

"Hi Clarity, Natasha's told us a lot about you." One of the women greeted, "I'm Jade." She said smiling.

"And i'm Evett." Another woman said.

"And i'm Kyla." The last woman said between drinks.

"Nice to meet everyone." I said taking a seat next to Natasha.

"Soo your married Clarity?" Jade asked taking a sip out of her martini.

"Really right off the bat?" Natasha gasped hitting her friend playfully on the shoulder.

"What i'm just making conversation!" Jade defended herself laughing a bit gaining a eye roll from Natasha, Natasha had informed me in the car that Jade was the gossiper out of the group, she loved to be in everybody's business but her own.

"Uh yeah, newly wedded." I said still in disbelief.

"Can I see the ring?" Jade immediately asked.

"Oh uhh sure." I showed her my left hand and immediately the table stared at the old gold ring with a single small diamond in the middle. It wasn't much to look at, but I thought it had a bit of charm.

"Ohh...So i'm assuming he's not a doctor huh?" Jade laughed a bit.

"Jade!" Natasha angrily hissed.

"I think its cute.." Evett said.

"Well its very simple, simplicity is good right?" Kyla added.

I don't know why, but I was getting pretty angry with how they were treating Marshall's ring, I mean it wasn't the prettiest wedding ring in the world, and considering this was a fake marriage he could've handed me a ring pop instead, but he went to the actual trouble of buying a ring and even though it wasn't much he still cared enough to buy one.

"Yeah well this is all he could afford at the moment, but..he's looking to get a pay raise soon so he said he'll buy me a new one." I defended, not exactly sure why I was concocting this lie, but I felt like I had to do something.

"Ohh what does he do?" Jade butted in again.

"He's-"

"He's a rapper, a white one at that!" Natasha said.

"A white rapper?" Kyla said stunned.

"Those exist?" Evett added.

Jade just laughed, "Wow honey, looks like you've got a keeper..He must be good in bed right?" She laughed taking another sip of her drink, that by now I wanted to pour all over her.

"I don't think that's any of your business." I frowned.

"Oh i'm sorry, I just assumed he's a Adonis in bed otherwise..." She drifted off.

"Otherwise?" I asked deeply frowning.

"Nothing." She hummed.

"I have you know Marshall happens to be a really good rapper, and he's a nice guy!" I said trying to bite down the anger that was raising by the second.

"I'm sure he is." Jade shrugged.

Natasha quickly changed the subject and we began talking about other things, the drinks continued to pour and the food really was delicious, I had started to mellow out after the second drink and was starting to have a better time then when it had started.

We were in mid conversation when all of a sudden the waiter came over and handed me a drink.

"Compliments from the gentleman at the end of the bar." He said setting down a apple martini.

I was stunned and looked at the end of the bar to see a man looking directly at me.

"Oooh looks like you've got an admirer." Evett teased.

"No fair, she's already married." Jade frowned.

"He's cute too." Kyla smirked.

I looked at the man and he flashed a smile as he got up and started to walk over here.

"Oh he's coming over!" Natasha gasped.

My heart was racing, I had no clue what to do in this moment.

He made it up to our table and flashed us all a million dollar smile, "Hello ladies, you look stunning this evening." He complimented us, make a few giggle and the others laugh.

"Thanks for the Martini." I said.

"No problem, I figured a beautiful woman deserves a free drink..plus you look kind of familiar." He said.

My heart stopped.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah I feel like I've seen you some where before." He said staring at me a bit too hard for my liking.

"Oh..well I get that a lot, but I don't think we've met." I said.

"Really are you sure? Cause you look like someone I've met, hey do you sing at all?" He asked suddenly.

I felt my heart sink to my stomach, "No." I said flatly.

"Hmm..well they say everyone has a twin." He shrugged, "Anyway care to dance with me?" He asked letting the subject go, much to my relief.

"She has a husband!" Jade immediately bellowed out.

"Yeah but he's not here, and i'm sure he wouldn't mind if you had one dance." Natasha quickly followed up.

"So..?" The man asked.

"Uhh I guess one dance is okay." I sighed.

He nodded and helped me out my chair as we made it onto the little dance area where some other couples were having a good time slow dancing and making out.

"My name is Aspen by the way." He said gently putting his arms around my waist.

"Clarity." I said wrapping my arms around his neck as we swayed.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful woman." He said making me blush a bit.

"Thanks.." I said biting my lip.

"So Clarity what do you do?" He asked.

"I'm a waitress." I said.

"What restaurant?" He asked.

"Gilbert's Lounge." I said.

"Oh that place, it's a bit shady isn't it?" He questioned.

"Its a paycheck." I shrugged, "My apartment building burned down and i'm a bit homeless at the moment, so any income is good." I said.

"Oh that apartment fire, I heard about that on the news." He said, "Damn glad you made it out." He said.

"Me too..my husband actually saved me that day." I said remembering that moment quite well, the day I thought I was gonna finally die, remembering how okay with it I was and wondering if anyone would even miss me.

"Sounds like superman." He laughed.

"He's something that's for sure." I laughed.

"Well he's lucky, If I got to wake up to a beautiful lady such as yourself every day I would never stop smiling." He complimented.

A nervous laugh passed my throat not quite sure how I felt with all his compliments, I never saw myself as much these days. Maybe in my past life I would've sucked all that attention in..but now..I couldn't see what anyone saw in me these days.

The song was nearing its in when suddenly the girls came over to me carrying a very drunk Jade for she wouldn't fall over.

"Hey we're gonna take Jade home, she's wasted." Natasha said.

"Oh I guess I should go." I said looking at Aspen.

"Probably so." He laughed, "Uhh here's my number, I know your married and all, but if you ever wanna just talk or grab coffee or whatever i'm down." He said handing me his number.

I looked at his card and saw that it read Aspen Whitaker, Risk Consultant.

"I'm a Risk Consultant too by the way, so if you need help with anything finance call me." He said.

I smiled giving him a nod, "Thanks."

"No problem Clarity, it was nice meeting you." He said placing a swift kiss on my cheek as he departed for the door leaving the girls behind me stunned.

"Girl, how you get a man and you married!?" Evett teased.

"Life just not fair." Kyla said shaking her head.

"That should be meeee..." Jade cried drunkenly.

"Lord y'all get on my nerves" Natasha sighed.

I just shrugged just as dumbfounded about the whole situation myself, I stuck his card in my purse and we set off home.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hey guy's hope you enjoyed this chapter!! Wow we got a lot of new info in it, who is this Kristi Gibson!? 

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

87.1K 2K 31
When Adonis is thrust into the complicated world of innocent, blue-eyed Thea he finds himself falling deeper than he had ever bargained for. Thea is...
130K 2.7K 28
His ice blue eyes may be the reason why I'm freezing and why I'll continue freezing for the rest of my life.
3.1K 180 14
Pete only knew one thing for sure all of a sudden: his lover didn't think Pete sees, the way he doesn't look at Pete. ~ expressions hurt; it hurts ha...
17 0 13
Alek has lost everything: his friends, family, reputation, and chances of completing college. Homeless and directionless he lands in Knoxville, Tenne...