Checkmate {Book 3} [COMPLETED]

By Alliewritesjazz

Book 3 of 5 Tessa Stark and Peter Parker were two of the unlucky millions to be dusted away by the infamous s... More

|01|
|02|
|03|
|04|
|06|
|07|
|08|
|09|
Twisted Reality

|05|

51 3 1
By Alliewritesjazz

Tessa saw yet another group of aliens ganging on someone, this time Strange. She flew down from the sky and landed on one, then quickly raised her arm and shot another. She jumped off and onto the burnt grass and connected her palm to one's chest, making its black eyes turn scarlet, then roll to the back of their head, body tumbling to the floor. She picked up another with telekinesis and flung it away, and noticed a large one, looking like a hybrid from the sledgehammer guy in New York, stomping to her.

She sent a sphere his way, but it deflected it with the armor on its forearm. She sent another to the other side of its body, but another deflection. It was soon right in front of her and swinging its arm sideways at her, and she grabbed it, hands glowing. It lifted up its second hand as she sent a flare of ruby into its chest, making it cry out and stumble back a foot. She clapped her hands together then spread them apart as it walked back over, hand in the air.

The arm was swung down hard and connected to her face and neck, making her cry out and fly into the air while spinning, hair blocking her sight. She landed a few seconds later and tumbled to a stop, laying there for a moment. A groan left her body as the breath got knocked out of her, and she looked up at the sky.

It was mostly grey from all of the smoke from the source that she didn't know, yellow accents from the sun shining in through spaces, allowing her to see. She grunted while pressing a hand to her side, her entire body aching. They weren't even ten minutes in and she was already down, momentarily helpless. And it was most likely only going to get worse from there.

After a moment she rolled into her elbows and knees with a cough, hearing a distant yell of, "Kid, watch out!" She stood up and turned to search for where the source came from, but saw a sledgehammer ramming down at her. So the alien from New York was here.

She didn't even have time to react as the hammer connected with her chest and sent her in the opposite direction. A shriek filled the air as she hurled away from the group of aliens, but quickly hit something hard and fell to the floor with a thud. Strange let down his shield and fired two more shots at the sledgehammer guy, taking him down.

Another groan filled the air as she rubbed her chest, it aching from the hit. She winced while sitting up a second later, hand now going to her head. The man went over and crouched down beside her, putting a hand on her back, "You alright?"

The girl nodded faintly after a second, swiping underneath her nose. She pulled her finger away to see a smear of blood and sighed at the sight, putting her hands on the floor. "That hurt."

He stayed by her side silently, and she sighed again, closing her eyes. She attempted to heal her chest by focusing on the pain and making herself see red, and after a moment, the aching pain was dull. She stood up suddenly and swiped under her nose again, saying, "Alright, we gotta find the gauntlet."

"Theresa." Strange said while taking a step closer to her, and she looked at him with curiosity, "Yeah?"

"We have to figure out what Thanos has planned. We don't even have the slightest clue because this is Thanos from a few years ago, he made a blueprint of finding the stones but hasn't actually tracked any of them down yet. Do you -"

"I can try to read his mind." She answered while swaying from foot to foot, "You just have to help me find him."

"Let's go."

The two both pushed off the ground and soared into the air, flying down the battlefield in desperate search for the mad giant. She scanned the area for any signs of him or the glove, but for a while couldn't find either. Strange stopped in the air a moment later, holding his hand up in front of her. She slowed to a stop and looked around, eyes narrowing on Thanos going against Thor.

Tessa gazed at her surroundings, and soon found a large rock, flying down to it, "It'll be easier if he doesn't know who's doing it, that way we can figure him out then take action."

She put her hand up against the rock as Strange landed beside her and closed her eyes, focusing on what the Titan looks like. Once she envisioned him and felt him stop a few feet away, her eyes opened, crimson blazing.

A lab suddenly panned out before her eyes, with grey walls and blinking white machines everywhere. She turned around to see Thanos sitting by a table, looking at a blueprint. The girl slowly walked over, and felt the ground shaking slightly beneath her. They must be in the air, a jet of sorts.

"Do you have any progress with Nebula?"

Tessa turned around quickly at the sound of a female voice, and saw a green girl with a black ombré into pink walking toward the man. She distantly remembered Peter Quill talking about his love, the description was the same. Her name is Gamora.

"Yes. She opened the Quantum Realm for us, we're entering shortly. I can't believe this is so easy, the Avengers have done everything for me, they collected the stones and put them all in one location. This will be a piece of cake of victory for us. All we need to do now is find the gauntlet and snap and try to slow them down as much as we can. We have an army, there's no way of losing this battle, daughter."

Thanos stood up and stretched out his knuckles, looking over, "The only real threat is Doctor Stephen Strange, who can control the time stone at will. We need to get rid of him the second we see him, then everything will go as planned. And I want to be the one who ends his life."

Tessa gasped while taking a step back, her vision narrowing down a tunnel then coming back with a giant rock in front of her. She looked around frantically, then landed her eyes on Strange, who was looking down at her with worry, "What? What did you see, what are they planning?"

"He just wants to snap with the gauntlet, but he's after you, Stephen. He wants to kill you because you can manipulate the time stone." She explained hurriedly while dragging him away from Thanos and Thor, "How the hell do they even know that you're the Sorcerer Supreme? You said that these abilities didn't come until a year or two ago."

"They must've gotten information out of Nebula. They kidnapped her and replaced her with the old one to get our plan, that's how they knew where we were. Damn it, this is gonna be harder than I thought." He said, then stopped in his tracks, making her turn around while gripping his wrist tighter, "Come on, what are you doing? We don't have time to waste."

"I've got the gauntlet!" Hawkeye yelled through the ear piece, making her wince at the suddenness, "What should we do with it?"

"Get it as far away as possible!" Another voice answered, then a grunt was followed after.

"No! We need to return the stones to their time and place!" Bruce hurriedly yelled.

"But the Quantum Tunnel was destroyed the second we got incoming!" Thor responded, and the girl turned to see him still fighting with Thanos with his two hammers.

"I know another way. . . But you might not like it." Scott Lang said lowly, "We still have the van that has another Tunnel, but it may be in the middle of the battlefield."

"Someone needs to go and protect it, and others need to get the gauntlet there. Split up, guys." Steve commanded, then the comms went off again.

"I'll guard the van, you get the gauntlet." Strange said to her, and she asked, "Are you sure?" "Yeah. And by the way, if you need to get rid of an army of aliens quickly, fly up into the sky and taking them down in waves, they go down like bowling pins. Now go, kid. I'll be close by if you need me, the van is just over the hill."

With that, she nodded then turned around as her father asked, "Clint, where are you? I'm coming."

"Still by the building, just a few more turns before I'm out." He explained, and she immediately began to fly to his destination, ruby flowing behind her. Soon the dilapidated Avengers complex came into view, and she winced at the sight. This place had been abandoned for a few years before she dusted away since they broke up, with Steve and his gang on the run.

"Guys, I got attacked and lost it!" Hawkeye cried, "I don't know where it is!"

Instantly the girl saw something shine against the floor and dove down at it as aliens swarmed, and she landed on top of one, immediately kicking another in the face. She outstretched her arms and parted the wave of aliens for her, and sighed in irritation upon seeing the Avengers A from the building in front of her.

Tessa kneed an alien where the sun doesn't shine then swiped it across the face, making it cry out and crumble to the floor. She kicked its side and continued to walk forward, trying to find the gauntlet.

"Ah! I need some help over here!"

The girl turned down the hill to see at least ten aliens surrounding one person, and her heart stopped beating upon realizing just who that person was. She walked over to the edge quickly and leapt, soaring through the air and landing with an incredibly harsh thud, making the floor vibrate. She stood with a swirl of her arms and sent them out on both sides, making all ten aliens collapse.

The iron man mask opened up as she limped over, grabbing his hand and helping him up. He looked at her in disbelief, and her eyes widened as she hissed, "Get behind me!"

Tessa shoved her dad to the side as she created a large shield and stretched it for a mile, and the gigantic flying worm looking thing in the air came crashing down at her. Once it collided with her shield she was forced to step back, but made sure it stayed glowing violently as her father panted from behind her, catching his breath. The alien reared back up, about to take another blow.

"Strange, I need backup!" She yelled into the ear piece, and the wizard looked over quickly to see her furiously burning shield stopping the flying worm. He teleported over with a portal and stood on the other side of it while lifting his arms up, swirling his fingers. Once he got some burning discs going, he raised it and contorted it to be a mile long, and threw his combined arms down, sending it directly through the alien's stomach. A painful screech rung through their ears as it couldn't hold itself up anymore and went flying head first into the ground, completely shattering her shield apart.

Tessa stumbled back to be in her father's way of the alien and was in the midst of creating another force field when a blur of red, blue, and iron swung by. With Peter's newly equipped iron legs, he swung through the air while two webs stuck on their chests, and a moment later the alien crashed where they once were in the debris.

The girl landed on a nearby hill and rolled a couple of feet before completely skidding to a stop, her limbs aching. She got to her feet while the other two did the same, and she made her hand light up upon seeing an army come Peter's way, who had the gauntlet tucked under his arm. She made the gauntlet illuminate and float toward her quickly, and she grabbed it in her palm and put it under her armpit.

"Good catch, Pete." She praised, the nodded over to her father, who was looking at her in amazement, "Get him somewhere safe. Also, I'd look behind you."

With that, she sent her free arm down, scarlet roaring from her palms. She jetted into the sky, a streak of crimson following in her wake. Her father looked up at her, his breathing subsiding as he turned to Peter, who was turned around to look at the aliens roaring their way, "She didn't even say hi to me."

"Trust me, she wants to. But we've got bigger things at hand at the particular moment. Oh god, run!"

Tony turned around to see the aliens getting dangerously close, and he backed up while gearing his hand up and pointing his palm at the army. Before he could fire, waves of ruby came crashing down in violent swirls, killing each and every alien in their path.

Tessa flew up above them with a smile, yelling, "Boom! They fall like bowling pins! You were right Strange!" Tony looked up with a smile of relief, proud of his daughter. She flew over them and proceeded to strike out more aliens with waves of excited laugher.

Suddenly something was soaring to her, and the second Tony noticed he was zooming after it quickly. The alien flew up and uppercutted her in the jaw, making her cry out and the gauntlet to fall from her grasp.

"No!" She cried out as the alien took it, and she quickly shot him out of the sky, the gauntlet flying away and landing in Peter's arms. He shot her a thumbs up and she nodded before turning around to do a look around.

A shot of blue connected with her chest abruptly, making a shriek escape her lips and her powers faulty. The scarlet deteriorated from around her as the blue took over, leaving her completely powerless. She blacked out momentarily as her body went limp and began to plummet to the gravel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 62 18
Book 1 of 5 Hidden from the public eye in plain sight, Theresa Stark takes on sophomore year of high school. A friendship forms once Spider-Man gets...
63.7K 1.6K 26
๐“๐“ธ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฝ ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ป. ๐“ข๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ต๐”‚ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ต๐”‚ ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ ๐”€๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ญ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ด ๐“ช๐“ผ ๐”‚๐“ธ๏ฟฝ...
33.6K 854 22
Ever since you've claimed your last name, Stark, everything is different. You not only got a dad, but a huge family (the Avengers, and Linda, of cour...
2.4K 152 24
" But are well all lost stars, trying to light up the dark? " After all that had happened in the past five years, she wanted something normal for jus...