Abused, Mute, and Human

By RachelFine

"Head down, ears open. Don't bother anyone, and no one will bother you. Whatever you do, stay quiet. You've d... More

Abused Mute and Human
Werewolf Information
Name Meanings
Key
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Teaser
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Authors Note/Apology PLEASE READ
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Suprise!
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Authors Note (Clearing Things Up)
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 Part 1
Chapter 31 Part 2
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
Serious Note
Beaten, Bruised and Kissed
New updates for Spin-off

Chapter 7

160K 4.5K 2.5K
By RachelFine

(edited)

Amanda's P.O.V

Conlan began to lean in towards me, closer and closer. Then suddenly there was a knock on the door, and it was being opened by a teacher. Probably the one whose classroom we're in right now.

"Horny teenagers," I heard him mutter under his breath. "Get out of my room," The teacher calmly commanded, proving my earlier suspicions. Conlan grabbed my hand and we walked outside just when the bell went off.

Was he going to kiss me? Why? Why would he want to kiss me?No. No. I was probably just imagining it. He looked down at me with a smirk. His eyes held something; something I couldn't quite decipher. Or was it real, and he was about to kiss me. Would I want him to kiss me? I'm so confused.

My body was still humming from the sparks that were shooting through my veins when I was sitting on his lap. It scared me because...I actually loved being so close to him. The feeling was foreign, but I wanted it to never stop. You barely know this guy. That isn't even possible.

Before I could further analyze the situation, we arrived at our first-period class. Without letting go of my hand, Conlan turned the metal knob to open the door to our class.

Once we were inside the room, I tried to snatch my hand back, but he kept his tight grip and smiled down at me from his 6' figure to my 5' 2" short height.

"Please take your seats, Miss. Smith and Mr. Richardson," The teacher flatly said.

Hand in hand, he led us to the back of the room where there were two empty seats. Sitting directly in front of me was a beautiful girl who wore a disgusted look on her face when her dull green eyes landed on me. I had never seen her before, so she must have been absent the day before.

Her eyes moved to Conlan and immediately her lips curved upwards into an alluring smile. Her manicured fingers flicked her shiny, straight blonde hair backward.

"Hey, baby. What are you doing after school?" She flirtatiously questioned. "...maybe we can meet up and..." she paused with laughter. "...have some fun,"

Conlan's gaze was anywhere but on her and he began to focus on our entwined hands, playing with my index finger. This didn't go unnoticed by the girl in front of me. She shifted her eyes and sent me an ice cold glare. I may be clueless at times, but I knew, in girl terms, this meant "back off of my man".

With some effort, I slid my hand out of his and cupped them on my lap, while pointing my head down in submission. If I had known Conlan was taken, I wouldn't have held his hand. Wait, why does it matter? It was just innocent hand holding. It meant nothing, right? The electricity running through my veins was just my imagination, right?

Although I wasn't looking, I knew she likes that I gave so easily.

She reached over and danced her fingers on top of his hand with a seductive smirk playing on her lips. He recoiled from her touch like it burned him, which, for some odd, made a light laugh escape my lips.

"What's so funny, bǐtch?" she whispered low enough so the teacher couldn't hear. I stayed silent and made no sign of a reaction. "I asked you a question," she stated with venom in her voice.

"Leave her alone, Mara. She's mute; you know that" Conlan said, standing up for me. Why would he do that? Maybe he considers us friends. Friends stand up for each other, so that makes sense.

"It's just a simple question baby. All she has to do it answer me," she replied with a shrug before glaring at me once more. "So I will ask again, you stupid bǐtch, what is so fǔcking hilarious?"

Silence.

Before I knew what was coming, a hand collided with my face, sounding a loud smack. My head slightly turned to the right from the impact. I aligned my face with hers again and showed no emotion.

"Miss. Anderson! Violence is never the answer. I have no choice, but to send you, Mr. Richardson and Miss. Smith down to the principals' office,"

"But..." she started.

"No 'buts' Miss. Anderson. You should have thought about the consequences of your actions before you slapped Miss. Smith,"

She let out an annoyed sigh and stomped out of the room like a 5-year-old child would during a temper tantrum. I gathered my things and walked out of the classroom after her with Conlan on my trail.

~~~

"Would someone care to explain what happened?" the principal questioned.

Silence...again.

I rolled my eyes before standing up and walking to the whiteboard behind Mrs. Melydice.

i slapped and swore at mara for no reason conlan defended mara so he did nothing wrong i am sorry mara it was wrong of me to do that and i will accept any punishment coming my way

I turned around to three gaping mouths. Sitting down, I waited for my consequences. My chair was placed in between Mara and Conlan, so I had two pairs of eyes boring into both sides of my head. 

"Um...well. Thank you for your honesty," Mrs. Melydice started once she came out of her confused state. "Since you're new here, and I don't know how your last school worked, you get one-day detention, but you won't get off so easily next time. Just know that violence is not tolerated in this school," the principal explained.

"What! Why does she get off so easy? Just last week my best friend got a week suspension for swearing. This is unjust!" Mara exclaimed.

I looked at her in confusion. I'm taking the blame for your actions and you're complaining? You're so ungrateful.

Some may wonder why I'm doing this. The answer is simple. Just like Mara said, she would've gotten a more severe punishment. Some say I'm selfless; I just say I don't care if I get a detention.

"Miss. Anderson, would you like a detention for arguing with me? I'm sure there is enough room in that class for one more student," the principal said, looking slightly annoyed by Mara's presence.

"No Mrs. Melydice," she whimpered with her head down. Like actually whimpered!

"Good, now I will see you, Miss. Smith, in detention after school," I nodded my head and grabbed the gray backpack laying against my ankle. "You are all dismissed,"

With that, I walked out into the hallway to head to my next class. I felt a tap on my right shoulder to see Mara looking at me like she has something to say. Her mouth opened several times, while no sound was coming out. She looked like a fish out of the water. It was quite humorous, but I kept a straight face.

Eventually, she gave up and slowed down her pace, so she could walk behind me.

~~~

It wasn't long before the day was over and detention ended. Time went by pretty quickly and I got a good hour of sleep from it. Win win.

I was making my way out of the detention room when it hit me. Shoot! What is Ahriman going to say? I'm so stupid! I can't believe I didn't think about that! Great. I hope he doesn't kill me.

I opened the front doors and was surprised to see Conlan leaning against a gorgeous red beauty of a car. What is he still doing here? I know he didn't have detention because I would have noticed.

He wasn't paying attention to the world around him since he seemed to be preoccupied with Mara, who was obviously flirting with him. I decided not to read too much into the situation, while I started my long walk home.

Conlan's P.O.V

Ever have a desperate werewolf slut basically grind your leg? No? You lucky bǎstard.

Currently, Mara, the slut of the pack and school, was attempting one of her many failed ways to try and get me to sleep with her. It was not only disturbing but now that I found my mate, it was slightly repulsive. I can't help it, any girl I look at I compare to Amanda's perfection. Like right now, Mara's dull light green eyes are nothing when in comparison to Amanda's bright, vibrant gold ones.

I've been in the parking lot for an hour, waiting for Amanda's detention to be over. Why did she take the blame for that anyway? It was clear that Amanda did nothing wrong, and the slap wasn't even provoked. Mara should have gotten the punishment, not my sweet angel. Which also makes Mara's chances even thinner; if her chances before were .000000000000001% now there's absolutely no way I will even look at her without wanting to puke up my lunch. Sure, she's a beautiful girl if she loses all of the caked up makeup and slutty outfits, but I was never interested in her. Nor any other girl for that matter.

"Common, just once and I promise you won't regret it," she purred in a way that she thought was seductive, but actually sounded like there was something in her throat.

"You know, I'm curious about something,"

"Yea baby?" she asked, getting a little excited.

"I'm curious to see how many times it will take for you to understand that no means no. Or did your daddy never teach you that word?" I asked, trying to get under her skin. Yes, it's harsh, but after 4 years of this, I'm done with being "Mr. Nice Guy".

I watched as she just giggled, obviously not hearing anything I just said. Suddenly my nose perked up and I sniffed the air. Apples and roses.

My eyes looked everywhere and I finally caught a glimpse of her hair flying in the wind as she disappeared around the corner. I quickly jumped into my car and sped off, leaving Mara stranded on the side walk. Serves her right.

It took less than a minute to catch up to her, because cars are obviously much faster than walking speed, especially my car. I rolled down my window so she could hear me.

"Amanda! Get in the car!" she looked startled at first, but gathered her bearings once she realized it was me. I watched her shrug and move towards the door to get in the car.

Her eyes were filled with awe as she carefully slid onto the seats. I noticed how her eyes were examining the interior with such interest and it made me happy that she liked it. Her fingers grazed the seats and Amanda's side of the car and I watched in amusement at her reaction. Seconds later, she realized we weren't moving so she looked at me expectantly.

~~~

Amanda's P.O.V

Conlan said he had to get his backpack out of his trunk so I went ahead of him, and entered my house. The second the front door was opened, I was greeted with a very angry stepfather.

"Where have you been?! School ended more than an hour ago! I know because I came home and there was no food on the table! Care to explain," I stayed silent.

He drew his hand back to, what I expected to be, a blow to the face but ended up being a light pat on the head. I craned my neck to look at the foreign movement he was making. What is happening right now?

"Hello Mr. Smith," Conlan saluted. Ah, that's why.

"Hey...boy. Why don't you two head upstairs for your project..." Ahriman said with a big fake grin. "..and we, my sweet daughter will finish this conversation later," in step dad terms that mean "you're lucky your friends here. For now, you can live...for now". I never thought I would say this, but secretly, I was thanking God for Conlan at that moment.

A sense of deja vu hit me as we walked up the stairs once more to work on this project. I was oddly starting to enjoy these after school seasons with Conlan.

~~~

Conlan's P.O.V

"Hey man," I said to my Beta when I walked into the kitchen to get something to drink.

"Hey," He replied. "How's the mate going,"

"As wimpy as this sounds, I miss her and its only been a half an hour," I sighed and reached into the fridge for a Pepsi (A/N: yes, I'm a Pepsi fan, but honestly I'll have either).

"Yea, we all go through that,"

"How do I get out of this 'I miss her' crap and get to the part where she's living with me and carrying my pups,"

"Okay, first of all, it doesn't work that quickly. Second, take it one step at a time," He reasoned. "Here, wanna know how I got out of the rut you're in now with Aimee?" I nodded.

"I've got nothing to lose, so why not?" He chuckled and then started with his little story.

"We both knew we were each other's mates, but I kind of came off as a jakeašš to her, so she didn't want to be with me right away..." He started.

"Shocker," I replied sarcastically.

"Hey, who's telling the story here?" I rolled my eyes. "Exactly, now shut up and listen. This is good stuff. Anyways, so we also had a project to do together like you guys. One night, I went through her window and claimed I 'left something there'. Then I smooth talked her with some sweet pick up lines and she totally bought it; we ended up completely mated by the end of the night,"

"Seriously?" I was surprised. "It's that easy?"

"It's that easy," He stated matter-of-factly.

"Alright dude, but if this doesn't work..."

"It'll work, trust me. I expect you won't be coming home tonight," He winked before grabbing a banana and leaving. Probably to his room to have some fun in the sheets with his mate. Well, if Dakota can score like that, then I can too. And with that, I was off to Amanda's house on a mission to get laid.

~~~

Okay, how am I going to do this? I thought to myself as I looked up into the window of the two story building. I searched my surrounding for anything that could help me. A tree! BINGO!

I quickly leaped up to it and climb it gracefully, making it to her window without a scratch. I pulled on the bottom of the glass and it slid up easily. One leg in. Two legs in.

Suddenly, there was no more friction on my ašš and I came sliding through, landing hard on my rear. "Ow!" I whisper-shouted.

I looked up, expecting to see surprised, golden eyes staring back at me, but instead, I was met with a made empty bed. That's strange. Where is she?

"She's probably downstairs getting a midnight snack," Ryan suggested.

Before I went on my search for Amanda, I looked around the room for an item I could have "left here". There was nothing to work with, so I just grabbed a pencil and hoped for the best.

I tip toed out of the room and down the stairs. Thankfully, the house was fairly new so there wasn't too much creaking of wood. Once I was at the main level, I searched for any indication of life and found nothing. What the heck!?

"Is this the right house?"

"Look around dummy and you tell me," I growled.

"Sheesh. It just a suggestion," He mumbled before blocking me out.

Amanda's P.O.V

God decided to smile upon me today. After Conlan left, Ahriman headed upstairs to go to sleep, completely forgetting about my tardiness. For the first night in months, I went to bed in semi-bearable pain.

I was about to fall into a nightmare filled sleep when I heard footsteps from upstairs. Is Ahriman awake? Did he remember he didn't punish me? Is he coming to kill me? I wanted to cry so badly, but that wouldn't solve anything. It's just wetness running down your face; it's a sign of weakness, and if I'm going to die tonight, I will do it without fear.

I decided to meet the devil half way and made my ascent up the stairs. I quietly opened the cellar door and turned towards the one person I wasn't expecting. Conlan. What the heck is he doing here? Why is he in my house?How did he get in my house?

All of my confusion was showing on my face, but what I really didn't understand why he looked confused. I mean, he's the one showing up in peoples houses in the middle of the night.

His gaze went from the basement door back to me. Why is he...oh. He saw me come out of the cellar. Crap!

In a way, he had the advantage, because I'm supposed to be mute so I can't ask any questions without revealing that I'm only a selective mute.

"Um...Amanda? Why were you sleeping in your basement?"

A/N: 

Ooh, secrets! My favorite thing to leave off on! Haha. Just so all of you know the next chapter is my favorite chapter by far! So be excited! WARNING! Be prepared to laugh, be scared, say "aw", and cry from all the feels. Also, if you were wondering, the reason this chapter is so freaking long is that when I was writing it, I went off the plot and I didn't want to have to renumber all of the chapters. So, thanks to laziness, you guys got an extra long chapter. Yay! So...you guys kind of freaking got me another (nearly) 5 hundred views, which by the way, I'm still fangirling over. For another reward, the mini dialogue will be replaced with a short interview. Let's go for 2.2k! Goodbye fellow readers, and have a wonderful Wednesday/beginning of Thanksgiving break (at least for me).

Will Amanda reveal all of her secrets?

Will Conlan reveal his?

Interview with Conlans parents

Me: Are you excited to meet Conlans' mate?

Abra and Bram: Yes!

Abra: I bet she's beautiful and perfect, just like he's been saying.

Conlan: Maa....

Me: -_- this interview is exclusively for the parents of Conlan Richardson. Nowhere in that sentence does it say "and Conlan".

Conlan: whatever *flips hair and scoffs*

Me: Anyways! Just between us, who's your favorite child?

Bram: definitely not Conlan. Very childish at times.

Abra: Yea, no. Not Conlan. Have you seen his room?! It's atrocious. I honestly don't know how he lives in that mess!

Conlan: Mom! Dad! How could you?! *runs away crying like a little girl*

Me: Well that was very...Conlan.

Abra and Bram: Yep, pretty much.

Vote

Comment

Follow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

451K 23K 41
When Leah is gifted with an abusive mate, you'd think she would give up on werewolves altogether. But a new experience opens her mind and heart to pa...
926 8 51
Amanda grew up in a peaceful town in North Georgia. She grew up being ignored by everyone at her school except her two best friends. But, before she...
80 3 18
Tired of all her sufferings, she's a girl who escaped her pack to start over and hopefully find her mate. will she be able to do it? ...
1.3M 70.3K 33
Highest ranking: #23 in Werewolf "I LOVE IT." -@lottiee_x "This story is so unbelievably amazing!" -@NovemberRain16 "I have become obsessed with this...