Nerd-Alert {Muke}

By ChangeFate

Welcome to New Stone High School. Where your clique is your definition. Luke Hemmings is the schools biggest... More

Nerd-Alert
1 - Look Out For Bookworms
2 - One Place To Look
3 - I Want To Be Down
4 - Typical Trip
5 - Inside A School
6 - What Are You Doing
7 - The Cold Breeze
8 - Its Not Lying
9 - Try Again
10 - Wonderland Doesn't Exist
11 - Confusion At Its Finest
12 - I Don't Even Know
13 - Maybe I Was Wrong Again
14 - Ignorance
15 - The Bad Student
16 - Love and Fists
BOOKS!
Its Not Always Rainbows And Butterflies
17 - Cuddles
18 - Study Nerds
19 - Snaps And Unseen
20 - Can He
21 - And The Winner Is
22 - Who Did It
23 - My Mistakes Are Too Much
24 - Kiss And Forget
25 - Damned
26 - Surprise From Shockers
27 - Reaching My Limits
28 - Disappear From Me
29 - Gena
30 - Small Fry
31 - The Confrontations
32 - My Understanings
33 - Find Out The Truth
34 - Happy And Sad
35 - Eyes
36 - It's Okay
37 - Standing Up
38 - Becomes My Opposite
39 - Denial
40 - Vanessa's Final Wishes
Epilogue I
Epilogue II
Final Of The Finales

Epilogue III - Special

5.9K 363 64
By ChangeFate

A loving heart is the truest wisdom. ~Charles Dickens

Third Person POV

*Christmas Week, Nine Years Ago*

"Luke," Michael said as he poked the blonde. They were sitting in their apartment, Luke was doing schoolwork as Michael watched a movie. "Luke, answer me."

"Michael I am currently preoccupied, what is it that you require?" Luke sighed as he looked up towards his boyfriend.

"It's Christmas in five days." Michael pointed out. "I asked you what you wanted, but you never asked what I wanted."

"Well what's the enjoyment in that?" Luke smiled at Michael.

"So you're just going to surprise me?" Michael asked and Luke nodded as he continued to do his work. "How's school work babe?"

"Michael I would greatly appreciate if you would please, stop interrupting me." Luke sighed. "I love you Michael, but please."

Michael nodded and went back to his movie but constantly watched Luke as he continued his work, usually spinning the silver ring on his left ring finger around. A habit he had gotten into and a habit Michael loved to see. Always reminding Michael that he was married to him.

Luke currently didn't have Michael's present. Instead he ordered it online, since it was custom made. He would have to pick it up at a particular store in town. So he was tense, knowing that the store would call and Luke didn't want Michael to see it.

"Hey I promised Cal I would meet him at three to help him go shopping for presents, I'll be back soon babe." Michael said as he kissed Luke's cheek and left the house. Luke only chuckled to himself.

"Oh he's lying," He spoke to himself. "He's going to get my present." Luke was not wrong.

Luke continued to sit at his books until he jumped at the sound of his phone ringing and vibrating on the coffee table. Luke picked it up and answered the phone.

"Hi is this Luke Hemmings-Clifford?" The young man on the other line said.

After a five minute conversation Luke was picking up his schoolwork and running out of the house to pick up Michael's present, and get it home and hidden before Michael could see it.

Luke barely succeeded too, he managed to get the gift inside and bury it behind his guitar in the closet just as the apartment door opened and Michael called throughout the house.

"I'm here!" Luke yelled as he ran to the front door. "My apologizes I was inside the bedroom."

"It's alright." Michael said as he walked inside the house. "I have to get ready for work." Michael paused and shook his head before turning to Luke. "I need to tell you something."

"Anything." Luke smiled, letting it droop as he saw Michael's poor expression.

"I have to work on Christmas." Michael said slowly.

"So..?"

"I won't be here Christmas morning." Michael said and Luke's face instantly dropped. Luke may not have shown it to a lot of people, but deep inside he had a child and was terribly sensitive. Hearing that his husband wouldn't be there was heartbreaking to him.

"Y-You won't?" Luke mumbled.

"I'm sorry, I'll be home in time for dinner." Michael sighed.

Luke took in a deep breath. "I'm-I'm going to lay down for a short period of time. Have-Have fun at your place of employment." Michael felt slightly bad as he watched Luke mope off to their room but he couldn't follow him.

*Christmas Eve*

Luke couldn't fall asleep that night, he couldn't stop thinking of the fact that Michael wouldn't be there with him for the majority of the day and all it did was kept him up. Yet here he was sleeping next to Luke.

Luke stood up from the bed and walked towards the living room. He sat down on the couch, ignoring the small whimpers coming from his mouth and the tears strolling down his cheeks. His knees pulled up to his chin as he wrapped a blanket around his cold body as he watched the two a.m. shows.

"Luke?" Michael yawned as he walked in the room. He went wide eyed when he saw Luke on the couch. "Aw, Luke, what's the matter?" Michael sat down on the couch and wrapped his arms around Luke. Luke never answered the question, Michael didn't press either. He had a good idea of what it was. Instead, Michael picked Luke up off the couch and walked back to the bedroom, laying Luke on the bed he crawled next to him. Luke cried silently onto Michael's chest as he sang softly, something Michael had done once before and it made Luke happy.

Eventually Luke fell back asleep, and at 6 AM Michael climbed out of bed. However, he was not going to work. He never was.

Instead Michael laid out presents and made hot chocolate for him and Luke along with cookies as a movie played on the television. Michael sat patiently until eventually Luke stumbled out, he glanced and Michael and didn't say anything at first but after a double take he stood wide eyes.

"Yeah I lied." Michael smiled and Luke dove onto him and kissed his entire face.

"You're so mean!" Luke laughed as he pulled back. He noticed he was currently sitting on Michael's lap but didn't really care.

"C'mon I got you some stuff," Michael said as he lifted Luke off of him and onto the couch next to him. "By the way that's your cup." Luke picked up the warm glass and took a sip, instantly ending in Luke with foam all over his upset lip. A sight Michael couldn't help but laugh at.

Michael had given Luke every single one of his presents, and Luke was grateful for every one of them, but he knew his present beat Michael's. All of them.

"I'll fetch your present." Luke smiled as he stood up from the room, grabbed a long box and walked back to the living room.

"Cute wrapping paper." Michael chuckled, trying to ease off how nervous he was for Luke's gift. He honestly had no idea.

"It's nice." Luke frowned as Michael criticized the blue wrapping paper with little well dressed penguins on it.

"I know." Michael smirked

"So, for your awareness, I removed the item from it's original case but I still have possession of it for when you want to return it to it's original place." Luke smiled as he tilted back and forth and pushed the large box forward.

"Your wrapping is fantastic, by the way." Michael smiled. Michael's was torn up, several different sheets of paper, masses of tape. Luke's was perfect on every corner, every fold and every piece of tape was the perfect size. "Damn you perfectionists."

"Just open it silly." Luke giggled and leaned back as Michael tore open the paper and reviewed a brown box. "You can just lift the top off."

"I'm so nervous." Michael admitted.

"Open it!" Luke squealed and Michael removed the top, letting out a gasp.

Inside was a red and white electric guitar. Michael had talked about it before but this was more then he ever could've expected. Especially since on the guitar was 'Michael Clifford' lazer-engraved on the red.

"Luke.." Michael mumbled. He almost didn't want to touch it, it looked so perfect.

"You can use my amp." Luke pointed towards the corner where it sat next to Luke's guitars. Michael didn't say anything, just looked at it. "Oh..Do you not like it?"

"No!" Michael said to stop Luke's sad expression. "I love it. I just feel like it's so perfect I can't touch it."

"But I want you to play something." Luke pouted and Michael slowly took it out of the box and walked over to the amp while Luke waited with a large smile.

Michael played for nearly an hour, loving Luke's present but eventually sat it down.

"Luke how much did this cost?" Michael asked. "Seriously, how'd you afford this?"

"Mikey don't worry about it." Luke smiled. "I'm just glad it made you happy."

"Luke, any present from you is a good present." Michael smiled as he stood up from the chair and sat on the couch with Luke. "I love you, you're so wonderful."

"I love you as well." Luke said as he kissed Michael's nose.

"Merry Christmas!" Michael yelled before snuggling into Luke.

"Merry Christmas Mikey." Luke smiled into Michael's hair. "Merry Christmas."

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

ONLY ONE MORE. OMG OMG.

This was cute af :)

Have a good day ;3

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171 2 20
High school. Everyone's favorite time of there life. Let me just tell you one part of high school I dont like are the cliques. One of them being the...
1.1K 239 27
***COMPLETE*** When 16 year old Scarlet May Taylor Clifford moves to Sydney Australia with her brother no other then the Michael Clifford. She meets...
551 4 42
Luke Hemmings, world wide blown out punk rock star doing what he's best at. Music with his best friends. 5 Seconds of summer. He thinks he knows what...
1M 34.7K 36
Ashton is okay right now. He's always like this after a bad bout. He starts off saying that the world is his oyster and he loves everyone, but when t...