The Falling of Empress Malty

By nicoville20

A Tyrant of the throne of the Roman Empire. Her reign begins to crumble ends in 2001 AS. Join her (if you dar... More

Preface
Prolouge
Chapter 1: Empress Malty
Chapter 2: The Slaves of Notre Dame
Chapter 3: The Ambassador from Russia
Chapter 5: The Weapons of Mechanized War
Chapter 6: The Other Leaders of The World
Chapter 7: Queen Melty
Chapter 8: An Incident in Vienna
Chapter 9: Salernum
Chapter 10: A Look Into The Future
Chapter 11: A Meeting of Circumstance
Chapter 12: A Slave's Escape
Chapter 13: President Tamaki Suoh
Chapter 14: The Security Council - I
Chapter 15: The Security Council - II
Chapter 16: The Last Straw
Chapter 17: Long Live The Kaiser
Chapter 18: A Call to War
Chapter 19: Nuclear Reprecussion
Chapter 20: End of an Era
Interlude

Chapter 4: The Grand Council

87 1 0
By nicoville20

The next day arrives, and after the whole visiting ambassador bit she is feeling hungover. She hasn't felt this hungover since that one time in the 1950s in her youth when the English tried to impose prohibition on her colonies. Which meant an influx of cheap liquors to Rome, which meant wild parties by the upper classes. It was a great show of decadence, but the aftermath in the mornings...

It is the morning light, Malty groans in her bed as the light shines on her face. Her head aches like there is no tomorrow. She feels every bit of nausea.

"Kaname!!" Malty shouts, though not loud with her dry mouth.

"Yes your Graciousness?" Kaname says in return upon entering her room.

"Please shut the lights, I don't wanna see the light".

"Ma'am, it's not the light itself, your just hungover... again" Kaname sighs.

"Excuse ME!?!" Malty says raspy "Are you accusing me of being an alco-". Just before she can finish her sentence, her gut acted out and immediately she barfed all over the floor. Kaname just sighs. Just another post-diplomat reception here in Rome.

"Come on you graciousness, you have to get up". Kaname says while getting the attention of the maids. Malty just groans again in discomfort.

"But I don't wanna, I wanna st-", before she can finish, Malty barfs again.

"Your graciousness, it's that time of the month again. You need to address the Grand Council". She has forgotten about the Grand Council to be completely honest. But that is technically not her fault. This institution was an old institution of the early days of Rome. Once an institution of free democratic thinking in the Classical Era, by the Early Industrial Era, it was an institution for the aristocrats who follow the Empress's orders to the letter. In other words, this was just a facade to the world that this was a democratic chamber, but in reality was a way to oppress the poor farther into poverty. Of course Malty did like this council, granted she asserts power over the nobility, but feeling queasy is not helping her.

"Come on your Graciousness" Kaname says. "I'll get the court doctor to give you medication for your hangover and I'll escort you to the Grand Council Palace". Malty groans in her bed, occasionally spewing chunks. After Kaname gave the empress medication, Malty feels a little less hungover and started her travel to the waterfronts of Rome to the Grand Council Palace. The palace is actually the great world wonder, The Colossus of Prora. A grand building that streatched from one end of Ceaser beach to the other. This was usually durning the rest of the month a resort for the aristocracy. A decadent beach resort reserved for wealthy citizens of the world is the beat way to spread Roman propaganda.

Once a month, the wealthy landowners converge with the Empress to discuss the issues of the upper class that requires the money of the poor. Whether it be for a more grand and large military, the maintenance of the extravagant homes of the wealthy, to even the construction of wonders and the need for slave labor, all of these decisions are made by the empress and her band of decadent goons. Among these wealthy, land-owning goons were the young and powerful military officers of her army. The aforementioned Corporal Sir Motoyasu Kitamura, the Colonel Sir Ren Amaki, and the Sergeant Itsuki Kawasumi, all great at offensive tactics, but weak at defensive. Another one of these landowners was a man with wild hair named Son Goku, a man willing to wrestle with anyone who disagreed with the empress. In fact, he is one of Malty's favorite landowners. But of course her top landowner was a red haired woman named Rias Gremoryz. A woman who likes to wear scantily clothing, but don't touch her she will accuse you of sexual harassment.

Feeling less hungover than this morning, Empress Malty walks down the hall of the Prora and into the council chamber. Inside, the loyal landowners cheer as they are in the presence of her Graciousness. Her loyal goons keep cheering, though giving Malty a minor headache.

"Our Gracious empress!" Shouted Lord Goku. "What have you got in store for this glorious Empire, oh wise savior of the world?"

"If everyone can just shut up for two minutes, I'll tell ya" Malty exclaims rudely, not over her hangover, and yes even with the medication. The chamber became quite and soon she brings out a list of things she will decree and make law.

"In the past months after our last meeting, I have seen some great things happen in our vast empire" Malty proclaims, "However, I must say that I got some new laws that will..." She pauses as her head begins to hurt a little.

"Your Graciousness" Lord Toshinori said. "Are you feeling alright?".

"Never better" Malty lies. "Now then, I was implementing new laws". She opens up a notebook that she has written in. "I decided to erect a new summer palace in the former slums of Salernum. Therefore, I shall raise the county taxes from the local peasants, not only will I reap the rewards, but all of you loyal barons will have a piece of the monetary pie". The barons and the baronesses agree with the empress' tax raise. this will let them squeeze more out of the peasant's pockets.

"I also propose to deal with the orphan and street urchin population of our nation. We shall enact that all children on the streets are to be subjected to slavery, and orphanage caretakers will be paid by the government by giving up those children to slavery". The barons and baronesses once again agree, on the count of getting rid of those paupers in their pristine cities.

"Finally, I ask again everyone to help persecute those awful, AWFUL, Groeningites in our empire. These people have no right to be in our most holy empire, and their twisted religious views have no place among the most heavenly three heroes. They belong with the devil of the shield. I want all Groening missionaries to be executed on the spot, no questions asked". The barons and baronesses shout death to the Groenings with those remarks. Whenever it comes to outside religions, the Romans are highly intolerant to those who don't follow the religion of the three heroes. They all believe that these other religions are followers of the devil of the shield.

"Okay, one more thing. Our food quota must be met for our military to be strong. I don't care if the peasants are experiencing a famine, those quotas must be met. Whomever can get those quotas filled out will have a lavish party in their honor". The landlords are excited with this healthy competition to win the emperess' heart.

"I am also pleased to announce that the great Notre Dame cathedral of Rome is almost complete, and I will personally be there to bless this new place of worship on behalf of the Three Heroes Church". The wealthy cheered for their new great wonder being built in their empire. It will surly state to the world that the Three Heroes Church is the only church for all peoples in the world.

"My loyal subjects. Before we end this meeting, I would like all of you to join me in prayer". The council becomes silent as Malty leads them in a prayer".

"Oh most holy heroes. Please grants us the divine powers of shield, bow, and sword to help us in our offensive against the heathens of those other world religions. Please grant us the power to bring those heretics to justice and execute thy enemies. May these heathens remember the grace of this holy church and shun the ways of the devil of the shield, for those who try to defend other faiths will be crushed by the heavenly weapons of they divine power. And grant me the power to rule your worshipers with reverence and  benevolence bestowed upon me. Oh Three Heroes, bless me, bless this empire, and grant me more divine power".

The prayer ends concluding the council session. The council cheers for their gracious empress exclaiming for the Three Heroes to save her. Malty leaves the chamber all tuckered out. Kaname finds and joins her.

"Your Graciousness" Kaname says to her, "I must say, what such excellent decisions on your part".

"Yeah yeah" Malty replies miserably. "Can we just go back to the palace please".

"But your Graciousness" Kaname replies "You promised a scientist from our Austrian territories that you'd meet him to look at his newly developed weapons at his lab".

"But I'm tired!" Malty whines. She clearly just wants to go home and think of new ways to worsen the lives of the peasants.

"How about this" Kaname proposes. "If you go, we'll stop by your favorite coffee house in Salzburg. The lab is up in Weis, so it will take a while but we can stop over there if you like. What do you say?" Malty gives it a thought. The coffee house in Salzburg is truly her favorite. She is not one to drink much coffee, but the way they make was t die for. Fresh coffee beans from their colony in Brazil, the finest milk from the Austrian pastures, all topped with a gold topping and served with a silver spoon and fresh pastries. Just the thought of it makes Malty's mouth water. After a long thought...

"Alright, I'll go if we go to the coffee house first" She declared, the two of them were off. On the opposite side of the hallway, some of the council members are conversing with each other.

"I personally think that this policy of taking children off the streets and into slavery is just wrong" Lord Rin Okumura exclaims to his fellow council members, who are taken back by this young member's remark on their empress' policies.

"How dare you attack our empress' policies you noob lord!" Lord Vegetta says.

"Yeah! You have no right to speak about her noob" Lord Goku adds. "You don't know anything about her and her gracious policies. So shut up about her, asshole".

"How about I take your head" Lady Rias also adds, "or better yet, why don't I take your BALLS.

"Oh come on, let's be sensible" Another young lord, Kauma Satou says. Lady Rias just looked at him angrily.

"Sounds like someone wants to have something taken, and it's your d-" before Lady Rias can finish her remark, Lady Toruh interrupts their fun.

"Calm down Lady Rias" She says. "I'm sure that our Gracious empress indeed has some interesting policies, but it is what we loyal aristocrats must carry out. It is our duty to our most dear empress". The members seem to agree on that remark.

"Yeah! And you know, this new religious persecution policy is the perfect opportunity to get rid of that huge bastard peasant from my land" Lord Goku says

"You mean...what was that bastards name?" Lord Vegetta asks.

"I think his name is Broly".

-End of Chapter Four-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.1K 4.6K 72
Calla was a dreamer; always cherishing the idea of marriage while dreaming of her happily ever after: a magic carriage, glossy white-wedding gown, an...
110 0 38
What happens when the sole ruler of two worlds strives to eliminate all possibilities of love that she sees, and what happens when she has the abilit...
4.9K 126 16
"𝔸 lie may take care of the present but it has no future" When disembarking the Hogwarts Express, Draco Lucius Malfoy meets the most dashing young w...
19 0 13
The war has ended. Now what? Hermione's life seems somewhat pointless now. She has gotten used to her way of life during the war. She doesn't see wha...