Maze Runner: SAFE [Gally x OC]

By OathPrint

[EDITING IN PROCESS//SLOW UPDATES] My name is Flora. I'm the only girl in the Glade. I was told that the Glad... More

Before you read
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Update from OP
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
UPDATE FROM OP
CH 14 Sneak Peek / Update from OP

Chapter 2

385 12 0
By OathPrint

Walking to the box, I noticed a familiar figure walking in front of me. I let out a small grin.

It was Gally. Another close friend of mine. I quickly walked up to him.

"Ready to greet the new guy?" 

I asked. Guess he didn't know I was behind him judging by the little flinch he did before turning around to face me. Though he tried to act like he didn't, I noticed.

"Did I scare you big guy?" 

Amusement written on my face. 

He scoffs.

"Good to see you too shank." 

Walking side by side. I decided to ask him again. Just for the fun of it.

"You didn't answer my question." 

I said in a sing-song voice. He just gave me a light shove while rolling his eyes, a small grin forming on his lips. I laughed.

Okay, to say he was just another close friend is an understatement. He was my best friend. When Gally first came into the glade, I came up right after. He was one of the first few people I made friends with when I arrived.

Sure, there are times where he can be an absolute slinthead, especially to any glader who-according to him-"are planning funny business" at me, to say we have never argued about his over-protective nature before is a lie. But I know that at the end of the day, he means well and just wants me and everyone else (though he won't admit it) safe.

"So, Jeff told me you were acting a little odd today while working." 

Gally said nonchalantly at me while walking.

I stopped in my tracks and groaned. Jeff, that klunkhead, I swear to god, he told Gally again. Taking a deep breath in and out. I replied calmly.

"I'm fine Gally. No need to ask again." 

And with that, I continued my way to the box. But he wasn't having any of it, he had a grip on my arm, but it wasn't harsh.

"Flora, you know you can always talk to me right?" 

He looked at me, eyes showing concern. I was about to reply back to him but the sound of the box stopping interrupted.

"It's here!" One of the gladers shouted out. 

"Gally come on!" Another glader added.

He raised his hand to let them know he was coming before turning back to look at me.

"We'll talk after this." 

Then he walked away and proceeded to the box.

A few meters away, I just stood behind the group of curious gladers as the hatch slowly opens, everyone was silent.

"Go get him Gally." Someone spoke up. 

Hearing the command, Gally went down the box and disappeared for a moment before bringing back up the new guy. I couldn't really see what was going on since everyone was crowding over him and talking about what position he would get in the glade. Poor guy, he must be so shocked right now. 

As I tried to tiptoe to see the face of our new addition, he suddenly broke away from the group and started sprinting like a madman. 

"We got a runner!" 

Zart bellowed out, I watched him run from a distance. Zart isn't wrong, he's quite fast. I think Minho would be impressed. 

The moment I complimented on his speed, he tripped and tumbled to the ground harshly.

I cringed, that looked painful. Okay, maybe he still needs a little practice. He still seems confused as he gets up and starts looking around. 

"Take it all in!" A glader yelled out to him. 

He looks stunned at the huge walls surrounding him, looks like he's about to do another run.

That is until he got taken in by the builders and put into the pit. 

Probably Alby's orders. After that, we just went back to do our part.

_____________________________________________________________

After bandaging up a few more slicers and gathering herbs, I decided to take a short break, sitting under a tree, I looked around the glade. Alby was giving the new guy a tour and introducing him to Newt. Though he still looks confused at times, he seemed like a nice guy. 

"Hey Flora." 

I turned around to see Gally, two cups of water in hand. 

"Thought you'd be thirsty." 

He handed one out to me, which I gladly accepted, I let a small thank you before he took a seat next to me. 

"So about this morning..." 

I let out a sigh, knowing what he's about to ask me, he's not going to let it go any time soon. 

"Gally, for the last time, I'm fine. I've been eating fine, working fine, and....sleeping fine." 

Okay, the last bit might have been a tiny white lie. But what difference would it make? It's just another dream that I'll probably forget later on, so letting Gally or anyone else know about it isn't going to change anything, it's not going to give us a way out or a solution to our situation either way. 

"So just slim it." I added.

Gally seemed to sense my irritation. 

"Okay, uh..Sorry, Jeff just said you looked a bit tense today while working."

Tense? Was I really acting like that the whole day?

"I'm sure he's just overthinking. I was just tired."

"How can you be tired if you've been sleeping well?" He asked suspiciously.

Shoot. I better change the subject fast. 

"So! Are you excited for tonight?, I know I am, planning to introduce myself to the new guy-"

"Flora, I know you're lying, is this about what happened to-"

"IT'S NOT!" 

I said a little louder than I expected to, a few gladers that were passing by turned to us. I quickly gave them an apology.

"It's not....About George..." 

I say softly this time as I look down, it feels so weird to say his name again, I don't know when was the last time I said his name in front of someone else.

"Sorry...I didn't mean to..." Gally said awkwardly laced with a bit of guilt. 

He started giving me a gentle pat on my back. I let out a small smile. I liked this side of him. 

I shook my head. What am I thinking?

"No, it's okay, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled at you like that."

Gally quickly shook his head

Since we're already this far into the conversation, I guess telling Gally about the dream a little bit wouldn't harm him. 

"It's just...I had this...Really weird dream last night, it's different from the ones I had before. I saw these faces staring at me and I think I was...Drowning."

He listened to me carefully as I explained to him what I saw.

"So....Yeah, I guess I'm just confused as to why I was dreaming of things like that despite having no memories before arriving here." I ended.

Gally just looked focused and thought for a moment. 

"I'm sure it's nothing, we all have weird dreams at some point. It's like you said, we don't have any of our old memories other than the ones in the glade."

I just shrugged and nodded a bit. He's right, how can I dream about something that I don't even remember or have? Probably just overthinking again. But still...

"So-" 

Gally got up from his seat and looked at me. 

"Do you feel better now that you talked about it?"

"Yeah, I guess." I let out a small grin, before getting up as well. 

"Break time is over, I better get back to work, and you should too."

"Alright, see you tonight then." 

He said before turning around and walking away, but before he could get any further, I called out his name.

"Hey, Gally?" 

He stopped and turned around. I gave him a smile.

"Thanks. For, you know, for listening."

His eyes soften a bit at my words. He gave me a small salute with a grin. 

"Always a pleasure. I'll see you around." 

And with that, he turned and walked back to his post.

Just as I was about to head to my post, I saw Chuck from afar walking and talking with the new guy, looks like he made another friend. I grinned.

"He seems enthusiastic." 

I said to myself before heading to the hut.

________________________________________

"Bandages check, alcohol check." 

I count the equipment as I list out the things that came in the box today.

"Hey Clint, has Minho and Ben returned yet?" 

I asked, eyes still counting the equipment.

"Just arrived, I remember you telling me you haven't done a check up on them yet so I told them to come here after they put their running equipment away." He said. 

"Alright, thanks Clint." I replied while checking out the last equipment on the list.

Just then, a small knock at the entrance caught my attention.

"What's up shuckface?" 

I scoffed at the familiar greeting.

"It's good to see you too Minho." 

I rolled my eyes in amusement as he walked passed me. 

"Hey Ben." I gave him a high five as he followed behind Minho.

We both proceeded the check up as usual and talked for a while until we heard a commotion from outside.

"Hey!"

All three of us stopped our conversation and headed outside.

"Get off me!"

"Alright calm, calm, calm!"

It was Gally, looks like he's trying to calm down the new greenie, who seems to be a bit alert and panicked. I quickly walked up to them. While Minho and Ben watched afar from the med-jack hut. What is going on?

"Just calm down okay?" 

I hear Newt say as I got closer to them.

"Why won't you tell me what's out there?!" The greenie yelled out.

"We're just trying to protect you." Alby told him calmly.

"You guys can't just keep me here!" 

He wasn't having any of it. I guess he was curious as to what was beyond those walls and panicked when he got stopped.

"We can't let you leave."

"Why not?!"

Before Alby could add in anything else, a loud roar came from the maze, letting out a gust of wind as the walls started closing. Once it was fully shut. Gally walked up to the new guy.

"Next time, I'm gonna let you leave."

I guess Gally was the one who stopped him from going in.

Since everything calmed down now, everyone started walking back to their posts to get ready for tonight to celebrate.

I turned back one last time to see the new greenie still standing in front of the wall that was now closed. His face full of confusion and realization. He's a lot different from the other gladers I've seen, I can feel it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

458 7 31
Serendipity: (n.) finding something good without looking for it. "She is like being bathed in the sunlight." Maylin is put in the maze as the first...
2.2M 60.1K 42
❝But now I know that wherever we are, or whatever we're doing, we'll always have each other.❞ You woke up in the Maze two years ago with no memories...
3.3K 80 22
"𝕐𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕒𝕟𝕪 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣, ℂ𝕝𝕖𝕞. 𝕐𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕞𝕪 ℕ𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕙 𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕣." After escaping the terrors of the Maze, Clementine and h...
15K 295 38
When the Greenie came up into the Box, none of the Gladers expected them to be a girl. But when unusual things started to happen, some of the boys s...