The Significance of Potatoes...

By Herbamischief

You ever walked into a place and immediately new something was going to be different about the day. One Direc... More

The Significance of Potatoes and Carrots
Chapter 1 - When Deca Met Scarlet: Potatoes vs. Carrots
Chapter 2 -Gifts, Tweets and the spotlight...
Chapter 3- Meeting Scarlet and Deca
Chapter 4-Fun,Food and Wattpad?
Chapter 6- Pike Place Retreat pt.1
Chapter 7-Pike Place Retreat pt.2
Chapter 8- To London and Flack....
Chapter 9-Operation Magic Mike
Chapter 10- Mornings and No Man's Land...
Chapter 11- Meet the Family pt1 :Scar meet Anne Foxy Coxy
Chapter 12-Meet the Family pt 2-Deca Meet the Maliks
Chapter 13-Daddy Direction Say What?!
Chapter 14- The A-List Predator and purple gum drop.
Chapter 15-Feels Like Home To Me or Not!
Chapter 16- Goodbye...for now.
Epilogue-What we came here for...

Chapter 5-Why Scar Why?

229 3 0
By Herbamischief

Chapter 5

(Deca's POV)

            The concert was amazing, finally I've found a friend like Scar, and she is really cool. I think we'll be great friends. We had arrived at the hotel a couple of hours ago before deciding to crash. I was partied out; I can't believe they received our tweets though. I hope Zayn got my number that I had placed in the mirror.

            Scar was looking awfully smug about something when I got up this morning. She was the early bird out of the both of us. I couldn't understand why she was smiling like a lunatic.

            ''I'll be in the shower if you need me,'' I said taking my bath products entering the bathroom.

            I left my clothes on the bed, the water drowned any and all coherent thoughts I was having, the water cascaded down my back, I lathered my hair, I started singing 'pockets full of sunshine,' like Emma Stone in Easy A, I loved that movie. I spiked my hair for good measure, but with my curls, it didn't stick. I grabbed the towel, switching off the shower as I exited the bathroom. 'I should check my phone, to see if he called,' I thought. I heard a knock at the door, hoping it was room service; I came out of the bathroom drying my hair.

 ''Hey Scar are those cookies ready yet?'' I asked, she had put some in the oven to bake, we were going to have a movie fest, when I finally looked up I nearly had a coronary heart-attack.

            Holy Shitake!

 ''No...But surprise...you just got a visit for One Direction, '' she replied clapping enthusiastically.

 Was I on Jeopardy and someone had forgotten to tell me? I stood there, taking in all of their faces. This was so embarrassing.

            I was looking at the faces of One Direction, while in a short bath robe barely covering my thighs. I anime cried in my head, why Scar, why? I asked silently. My mouth opened, but nothing came out, what could I say, to make this situation less awkward? My eyes look around the room to the blushing faces of the boys, my zeroed in on Zayn. I didn't think about it I grabbed my clothes and ran into the bathroom.

            I started to change into my clothes hurriedly, I called for Scar nervously, ''Scar can you come here please and bring a pillow?”

            She walked into the bathroom, and I narrowed my eyes at her, ‘Here’s your pillow,'' she says cutely.

            I grab it from her and start screaming into it. I was really in need of a vocal lesson with it. It helps calm my nerves. After 5 minutes I stopped.

            ''Feel better,'' she asked shuffling her feet.

            “No'' I moaned, my shoulders sagging, ''I made a complete fool out of myself. ''I muttered.

            She gave me a half hug, ''Trust me you didn't,'' she replied. ''Zayn thinks you’re hot.''

            He did. ''You think so,'' I ask.

I look up grinning like I had just won an award.

            ''You should've seen him blushing up a tomato farm,” she replied smirking.

            We both giggle at that.

She grabbed my hand; I halt in front of the mirror before composing myself. We link arms walking out. I puts on my best smile, ''So how ya'll doing night? ''

            “Grate,” Niall said. “We called your numbers that you secretly hid from Zayn and Haz, and when we called Scar, she invited us down for some dessert.”

            “Called?” I asked and before I took off for my phone, Scar gripped her arm.

            “No need to look at it now,” she told me sweetly. “They are already here. The cookies will be done in another 7 minutes, we can make sundaes, smore’s… we got milk and water to drink if need be.”

            “Smore’s?” Louis asked, “How when there is no fire?”

            “There is a really cool device that is called a microwave,” she teased him sweetly. We could play this game with him.

            I just laugh at Lou, ''Yes Lou the microwave, where you can warm things, toast things, you can even blow things up, but I wouldn't try that last one.''

            They all just look at me.

            “KEVIN!” I yell pointing at the window.

            “Where,” Lou jumps and looks around for his favorite pigeon.

            ''False alarm, it was a bunny,'' I grin as Lou pouts, “Awe, not the pouty Lou face,'' I walk to the mini fridge and grabs something, hand it to him; he accepts the carrot with a happy smile on his face.

            I look at Zayn, and smiled as I see Scar walk over Liam and Niall and gesture for them to follow her to the end of the room facing the balcony.

            “Hey guys, let me show you how to make smore’s… yummy gooeyness,” I said grabbing the marshmallows, gram crackers, and chocolate.

            They agreed and I put the crackers on a paper towel, then a piece of chocolate bar, marshmallow, and then put it in the microwave to cook. While I was watching them cook Scar, Niall, and Liam comes back over as she checked on the cookies, seeing that they were done, she pulled them out, put them on top of the stove to cool off. She got glasses for all of us out of the cupboard, as her phone’s text message sound went off and her cheeks were turning pink.

            “Mary…” we heard Lou’s voice… “She’s mine.”

            “Ya, but we had that thing going on rememberthe other night she invited…” Harry said.

            “SHE’S MINE!” Lou screamed hearing Niall laughing in the background.

            We gave her weird looks at.

            “What?” she asked.

            “How did you get that?” Lou asked.

            “Oh, my online friend Sonya made that for me. She took the sound clip from the video dairy when you were saying who you would date, and made it into a ringtone for me,” she smiled.

            I looked at her, ''Really?''

            She nodded.

            ''A friend of mines did the same thing for me, that's why I have the, ''Time to Get Up'' clip as my ringtone.”

            She laughed a little before looking at Zayn, ''How did you remain asleep after all the jumping and singing?''

            He shrugged. ''I can sleep through anything.''

            Lou scowled at him, ''Don't we know it, you've rubbed off on Hazza.”

            Harry just rolled his eyes, ''Boo Bear, he didn't rub off on me, I was already a sleeping machine before,'' he hugged Lou.

            Awe a Larry Stylinson moment. Gotta love the bromance.

            ''Alright, you two break it up,'' Liam had his hands on his hips shaking his head. ''I really don't understand, how he's the older one,'' he says looking at Scar.

            “I don't know either Li.”

            I was busy giggling, and looked at them pouting, ''I feel so left out,'' I looked at Niall, ''Can I have Horan hug,'' he was happy to oblige.

            Zayn pouted before I dragged him into the hug. Happily I closed her eyes enjoying my personal 'Ziall' moment. I got a certain look in her eye before looking at Scar.

            ''Do you remember what we always read about the One Direction Infection?'' my eyes twinkling.

            ''Of course I remember, ‘The best way to cure the One Direction Infection is to get a kiss from Harry Styles’,'' she recited without a pause, then her eyes widen and blushed.

            I started grinning, she turned towards Harry, and only to be halted by his full on dimpled dimples and all.

            God, kill us now.

            "No, she can't have him, he's mine," Louis said protecting Harry standing in front of him and blocking Scar off.

            "That's fine," she smiled. "I didn't want to kiss him anyways," she smirked, and grabbed the smore's out of the microwave to see that they got hard.

 "Now you have to make another batch. You'll break a tooth with these."

She then tossed them away in the garbage.

            "No... That’s wasting food," Niall told her.

            She raised an eyebrow, "Really? You want to take a chance, go for it... but I was planning on making more for all of you."

            "Okay," he smiled as he instead grabbed a cookie from the tray and started to eat it.

            I looked at her and mouthed, ''He's really eating it?''.

            She smiled. Thinking about it…

 Niall, the human garbage disposal, but loveable Irish lad!

            ''Dec can you help me with this?'' she asked.

            I nodded and followed her to the kitchen. ''Whaddya need?''

            ''Get me the gram crackers and marshmallows in the shelf, while I grab the Hershey’s and outta the fridge?” she pointed to the shelf above the stove.

            I walked over to the shelf, taking out the gram crackers and marshmallows.

            “I still want my phone,” I mumbled.

            “You'll get it in due time Dec, no worries,” flashing me her smile.

            We soon started spreading out the gram crackers and layered them with the Hershey’s, finished those off we added them with the marshmallows and last gram cracker tops.

 We had at least 12 on a tray, they were mini, plus we made at least 2 dozen. I love chocolate.

 Smore’s', Yum, I could already taste them in my tummy.

            I walked over to the fridge to grab a red bull when Scar grabbed it from me.

            She tutted, “No, No Deca, no more energy drinks for you.”-she shook her finger at me-

            ''Hey!” I yelled trying to reach it from her.

''Gimme, Gimme,” I tried jumping up, then scowled and pouted.

''Damn you tall person.”

            ''Oh shut it, shawty, you ain't getting’ it,” she said using her ghetto voice.

            ''I'm not short, I'm fun-sized.''

            We heard muffled laughter, and turned to see the guys.

            “Are you two sure that you only just met since this morning?” Lou asked.

            “Ya,” we said nodding our heads.

            “Just doesn’t seem like it,” Niall said.

            “I swear… I didn’t know who she was,” Scar told them. “I drove down at six this morning, got here around 11. She flew in last night, stayed the night, and went to the arena at 11, which we walked toward each other with our backpacks with your gifts inside.”

            Harry grabbed some glasses out of the cupboard as Liam got the milk out of the fridge, and began to fill up seven glasses of milk.

            “So, tell us about yourself,” Harry said with a smile as he hands out the glasses to us, and the guys as they grabbed the smore’s that were done on the tray and started to eat.

            Scar decided to go first, “Well, I’m 20 years old, from Idaho Falls, Idaho… that is four hours away from here. Five while in traffic. I’m an only child; my BFF is Sonya, who lives near Portland, Oregon. My parents are divorced… then again… I don’t have a mother; she passed away a few years ago. I don’t even talk to my father or family anymore… pretty much they disowned me… maybe save that for another time…” she paused. “Other than that, and a cashier full-time, that’s about it.”

            I spoke next, ''I'm 18 years old, from Trinidad and Tobago, it's a country in the Caribbean or West Indies as people like to call it. It's literally a 7 hour flight straight from my country to the U.S.'' I sighed. ''Thankfully, I have a cousin who lives in New York, so... he was happy to provide me with more information,'' I paused. ''Oh Yea, I have an older brother, four best friends who live not too far from me, they all study different things in College. Kim is studying to be a doctor; Rhonda wants to be a computer engineer, Jay a lawyer and finally Jayanti a stewardess... I am studying journalism in uni, or college,'' I said glancing at her, ''I'm thinking about doing a double major for my last year, I have 3 more years, hopefully Photography, Business or I.T.'' I ran a hand through my slightly wet hair, ''My parents have been separated for 10 years, it's only this year my mom filed for a divorce because she wanted to get re-married,'' I rolled her eyes. ''I'm a part-time researcher at the National Library of my country...'' I smiled. ''I just love books...and your music of course, gets me through the day. I am mixed, let's see, 1/4 African, 1/4 Indian, 1/4 French and 1/4 Spanish. Both make up halves of my parents...but that's too much detail to go into...'' I trailed off.  

   “Wow,” they were impressed.

            “Any Uni for you Scar?” Harry asked.

            I nodded, “I start next year after the holiday.” She looked at Zayn and Louis, “I’m going study into Elementary Education, and my major is going to be English.”

            Zayn and Lou smiled, “Nice.”

            “Mhmm, these smore’s are really good,” Niall said, and we saw that every one of them were gone, and I only had two, Scar two, then again that’s why we made two dozen. We know these boys can eat anything.

            “So, what’s the plan after this?” I asked.

            “Day off, so we’re staying here for a day, and then leave for Seattle,” Liam answered.

            Scar sighed, “I love it there.”

            “You’ve been there?” they asked.

            She smiled, “I have family there on my mom’s side, and I went to go visit them years ago. I just love the view of it. Don’t want to live there, but it’s nice to be there. Pike’s Peak is awesome.”

            “What?” they asked with a puzzled look.

            “Oh, it’s street market. There was an earthquake years ago that the street dropped down, so part of it is underground somewhat. The fish market is awesome. The people order fish, and they toss the fish in back for them to catch and even the customers can toss or catch. It’s really fun to watch.”

            “Pike ...Peak '' I said slowly. ''Peak...Teak… Beak... Cockatoo... Birdy,'' I giggled.

''Sorry, birds don't like me... I went to the Wild Fowl Trust at time... it’s a Bird Preserve. I ended up getting chased by a peacock because my friend plucked one of its feathers and left me to take the blame, at a school field trip,'' I shivered remembering.

            The boys chuckled lightly. “I can never forget those eyes,’ my eyes looking far away.

            ''Birds like me, they don't seem to be fond of Niall though,” Lou said looking at Niall who nodded fearfully at the thought of pigeons.

            I looked at Scar, ''I love English ...just like I love writing on Wattpad,'' she mumbled the last part but Lou heard.

            ''Wattpad, what's that?'' he asked.

            Oh bloody hell  me and my big mouth! I looked at Scar for help.

            ''I love fish,” I changed the subject, ''I'm not much of a whole lover of a  fish person, only certain types of fishes I can eat, the rest I'm allergic to.”

            ''How can you be allergic to some but eat the rest?” Zayn asked puzzled.

            I shrugged, ''I don't know either, it's like me drinking coffee and then almost sleeping in my exam...I'm just different.''

            ''Yes you are, but good different,'' he smiled at me.

 I blush a little.

            ''Why don't we make a day out of it and go there,” Harry replied.

            “Yea, let's check out Pike Peak,” Niall piped up, his hands covered in chocolate.

            I grabbed 4 marshmallows and started putting them into my mouth, “What?” I asked looking at Scar.

            She grabbed the bag from me, ''How are you going to eat all that genius?”

            I just chewed for a minute before swallowing them all down. She gaped at me, but she wasn't the only one, Zayn was biting his lips like he was surprising a moan. Oh yeah, I’m Deca, hear me roar.

            ''Like so,'' I smirked.

            ''You have one big mouth,'' Harry was smiling cheekily; ''You know what they say with girls with big mouths.''

            Liam slapped the back of his head before he could finish the sentence.

            Zayn was bust blushing up a storm.

            I just continued eating marshmallow, a little oblivious to the world.

            Unfortunately for us thought Lou wouldn't forget about Wattpad.

            ''What is Wattpad?'' he repeated.

            She sighed, “It’s just a website, you’d hate it,” Scar told him. “It’s more of a girlie thing then a guy thing…”

            “Ya…” I said looking at her. “We’ll have to check to see if anyone updated, and we have to add each other as fans.”

            “Totally,” she agreed as we were getting glares.

            “Truth now?” Liam asked folding his arms across his chest.

            Scar said, “Okay, remember you guys found fans writing stories about you guys on tumbler.

‘’Fan Fiction stuff,” I asked.

            “Ya…” Niall said.

            “Well… it’s another website is that nothing but stories on there. And Scar and I have accounts there, and have posted stories or read others,” I added.

            “It’s really cool. It’s not just you guys… there is bigger stories there too,” she added.

            “How graphic are they?” Lou asked looking at Scar then at me.

            “Well, for you guys… there is some stories that do make you gay, and some that are violent… but I can promise you right now… mine? The ones about you… aren’t graphic. I can’t write about the Larry, Ziall, Lilo, Nouis, Narry, Niam, Zouis, Zarry, Zilo, Hiam, and Zarry stuff. I don’t care about that stuff. But I have like six stories I’m working on right now about you and another girl. I don’t want to post them until their done…” Scar paused and blushed; “Now I don’t want to post any of them.”

            “How do you know all of that?” Zayn asked.

            “Easy… that’s the names your fans created for you,” I said. “But don’t worry; we know that none of you are gay.”

            “Besides,” Scar added with a smile, “If you are or not, it’s none of my beeswax, and I support it.”

            I nodded giving them two thumbs up, ''Yea even if Larry isn't Larry... I still love your close bromance relationships, it just shows the bonds the bind you all. Even if you were, it's okay to be gay, I support gay marriages,'' I continued. ''Gay people are like my best friends; they will always have your back and tell yuh like it is...'' I finished.

            ''How many stories do you have on it?'' Zayn asked curiously.

            ''Currently I only have two, the second I'm collaborating with a friend, I don't write about any of the pairings unless it’s like the bro-mance, you know like... how close you guys were on the video diaries and such.''

            ''I liked Spin the Harry,” I said looking directly at Harry.

            Louis looked from Haz to me, ''It was one of my best ideas yet... ''

            Zayn interrupted him, ''Oi, we played a part too.''

            ''Shut it Vain Zayn....don't mess with the Sass Master,'' he snapped his hands in a Z formation.

            Zayn raised his arms in defense.

            ''I swear you are all on your man periods,'' Harry replied looking from Lou to Zayn.      

            Lou jumped on Harry who caught him by the legs, ''Awe, is my Haz feeling left out,'' he laid a sloppy kiss on Harry's cheek.

            Harry just wiped his cheek and dropped Lou on the couch.

            ''Children, calm yourselves!'' Liam yelled.

            ''Yea, listen to Daddy Direction,'' I said fist pumping.

 ''I'm hungry,'' I said after a minute. Smore’s could only hold you for so long.

            ''We can order up here and charge it our bill,'' Liam said grabbing the phone.

            ''Food'' Niall and I moaned clutching our stomachs.

            ''Hello.... yes can I have 7 orders of Spaghetti and Meatballs, 2 cokes, 3 Pepsi, 2 waters, 2 orders of French fries, 1plate of mac n cheese and 2 plates of salad,...yes... charge it to Presidential Suite please and send it to Room 769... Thank you.'' he hung up.

 ''Food is going to be here in 10 minutes.''

            ''What should we do for the mean time?'' I flopped down beside Lou.

            ''Movies?'' asked Scar looking at the boys.

            ''What do you guys have?” Harry asked.

            ''Horror, Chick flicks, or Disney?'' she called out getting her DVDs.

            “What Disney ones,” Lou said.

            “Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, Toy Story 1, 2, and 3…”

            “Toy Story,” Liam cheered.

            Some moans are heard.

            I found the best one, and called out, “Musicals?” I asked.

            “Sure…” some said.

            She smirked grabbing the DVD, took it back out to where the TV was and everyone was sitting at, and she showed me without the guys seeing it and started laughing.

            “What’s funny?” Zayn asked.

            “Nothing,” we said as she put it in the DVD player, and soon she went to go sit down between Harry and Louis, and within a few minutes, they saw what it was.

            “Our Up All Night Live Tour?” Liam asked.

            “Why not…” we said at the same time, I loved that DVD.

            ''Musical?” Harry asked raising an eyebrow at us.

            ''You guys sing... attempt to dance, sort of....'' Scar said.

            I nod along, ''Yea it’s our Musical, a Directioner musical.''

            ''Directioner Musical,'' they say in unison.

            ''Yep,'' we answered.

            ''I just love your songs and your skits in between the songs.''

            ''Especially the concert in Ontario...where you were singing 'What Makes You Beautiful and then you two,'' I point toward Zayn and Liam, ''Rip Harry’s shirt off...which he attempts to fix throughout the song.''

            “Mine is same song, just different concert, you mess his hair, pitch his arse, and then when Harry is about to get to his glory note, Louis grabs both of his cheeks, making Harry jump and move out of the way,” she added. ''What time is it you guys?”

            Harry looks at his watch, ''10:43pm.”

            ''Wow, that's late,'' I sits up a little on the couch. I had Lou on my right and Zayn on my left; he doesn't seem to mind me leaning close to him. He looked to be enjoying himself.

            A knock snaps me out of my reverie, Scar gets up to open the door, a bell hop wheels in the food. We girls immediately grabbed our food; I grab a plate of spaghetti with a Pepsi while she grabs the same but some water.

            The guys all bombard the trolley like wild animals, Niall is a beast, and he is busy piling on two plates, guessing the mac n cheese was for him. That boy sure loves to eat. I was the same.

            As we are all eating, Scar gets comfy at with her feet with Harry next to her, behind them was Lou, whom Harry was leaning on, next to me was Zayn. Liam and Niall are next to each other.

            We are in the middle of the film when a loud belch can be heard; everyone turns wide eyed towards Niall.

            ''It wasn't me.''

            ''Sorry guys excuse me....well better out that in I always say,'' I laughed. Shrek you rock, I add silently.

            Zayn just looks softly at me. Scar catches Harry looking at her. She sighs leaning on him.

            “Hey, get off of him,” Lou said looking at Scar. “No touching on the first date.”

            “First date huh?” she smirked and pointed a finger out and touched Harry’s leg, “Touch.”

            I smirk as she does it again moving it around touching Harry’s leg, and then touched Louis’ leg the fifth time.

 “Touch, ’she repeated.

            “Hey!” Harry said and then everyone chuckles.

            “What. I’m between Larry… he didn’t say I couldn’t touch him, and you didn’t tell me that I couldn’t touch him.”

            I lean into Zayn, he puts his arm around me, and I look at Scar and wink at her.

            Scar then places an arm around Harry's waist half hugging him to her chest; he barely takes a second before she was leaning into him between his legs. We are at the part where 'One Thing ', the guys are singing there parts, I look at Scar, and we add mix into the song, CIMORELLI style.

            As we sing a long, it's a One Direction remix and I love every second of it.

            The plates are piled neatly on the trolley. The DVD ends, my eyes are too tired to open. Someone switches off the movie and we all out like a light bulb.

A/N

This is @AmazaynMel, thank you all for being patients with us mostly me, I haven't been having a great week, but to our loyal readers, we have a new chapter after this one, for you all, since we are posting later than usual, so stay tune for that. I also want to say sorry to my co-author who has been patient with me through these horrible days, don't worry nobody died, just this week was generally horrible, but I get hyped up easily, so we'll post with extra chapters to keep you all guessing, so passing you all to  my  sister from another mister, here is @anikole –

LOL *hugs* Mel... it's fine... it's been a bad week for me too... had homework to do and an art project to turn into, and then getting my back stabbed a lot yesterday by friends that can't keep promises (local friends). Anyways... I posted my stories so if any of you reading mine... my three are updated since yesterday, so go check them out. We are going to be writing as much as we can over the next few days.

You know the drill... back to you Mel.

taking over , it's me, I've had those day, friends stab you in the back, best friends in the front lol...yes we'll be writing as much as we can, check out @anikole, updated chapter of Gotta Be You, it really is awesome, we write a lot about the story. Don't forget to fan us, vote for our stories and comment.

~FAN US

~VOTE 

~COMMENT

~@AmazaynMel & Anikole -peace sign-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 772 44
These are preferences about One Direction :) Enjoy reading!
866 40 21
A group of One Directioners are on the way to a concert. The girls get in a situation and the unthinkable happens.
2.8K 72 23
Throughout my high school life, I met two boys. One shy and mysterious. One funny and full of energy. And I tried to forget, move on. Tried to keep m...
8.2K 16 33
4 bestfriends win tickets to see One Direction in London! They bump into someone special and their lives are turned upside down...