citlalmina ☼ s. rogers

By sky-walkxr

A Mexican-American woman has been reincarnated as the Aztec Sun God Huitzilopochtli, granting her the abiliti... More

O
O.I
S
O.II
I.I
I.II
I.III
I.IV
I.V
I.VI
I.VII
I.VIII
I.IX
I.X
I.XII
I.XIII
I.XIV
I.XV
I.XVI
I.XVII
I.XVIII
I.XIX
I.XX
I.XXI
I.XXII
I.XXIII
I.XXIV
I.XXV
I.XXVI
I.XXVII
I.XVIII
II.O
II.S
II.O.I
II.I
II.II
II.III
II.IV
II.V
II.VI
II.VII
II.VIII
II.IX
II.X
II.XI
II.XII
II.XIII
II.XIV
II.XV
II.XVI
II.XVII
III.O
III.O.I
III.I
III.II
III.III
III.IV
III.III.V
III.V
III.VI
III.VII

I.XI

1.4K 47 0
By sky-walkxr

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═
CĪTLĀLMĪNĀ
CHAPTER ELEVEN// SPOTTED
S.S.R LAB
BROOKLYN, NEW YORK
≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

Red flames burst from above, spilling heat over them as glass rained upon them like angry rain droplets.

"Elle!" Steve shielded her with his body from the falling shards of glass.

"Stop him!" The sound of a gun rang throughout the lab. Elenara watched hopelessly as Dr. Erskine's face went blank. Stains of red seeped through his white coat and he fell with a thud onto his knees. Her eyes burned brightly, swirls of turquoise invaded her orbs.

Peggy managed to shoot him, but it did nothing to slow him down.

Elenara felt Xiuhcoatl uncurl himself from her wrist, making his way to her palm. Her staff sprang from her hand and she pulled back her arm and launched it, aiming directly for his head. Her narrowly missed it and she grunted in frustration. Her dangerous turquoise eyes softened into her normal brown.

"Doctor. . ." Elenara kneeled beside Steve who held him in his arms. He was much to weak to speak and shakily held up his finger and jabbed him repeatedly on his chest. With furrowed brows she watched in confusion their transaction. He breathed out one final breath and his eyes closed as his body fell limp.

"Gods, no." A muffled cry left her lips as she leaned on Steve's shoulder for support. She sniffed and wiped her tears as anger filled her vision.

"Elle, your eyes are showing." He told her in a hushed tone. There were many important and powerful people in the room with them, if they saw her they might isolate her. Or worse.

Experiment on her.

Those with gifted powers are already known in America and fear is riddled upon speaking of it. There's so much they don't know about them and that's terrifying to them.

"I don't care." She growled and sprinted up the stairs, pushing the exit door open with Steve clumsily following behind. Clear pieces of glass and blood littered the antique shop along with the bodies of agents. A loud explosion boomed as the car lit up in flames. Peggy aimed her gun until it perfectly aligned with the head of the driver. One shot was all it took for it to puncture right through his skull, immediately killing him.

"Nice shot."  Peggy smirked proudly as she once again aimed at the yellow taxi cab that was racing right towards them.

"Do it again, Peg."

"With pleasure." She pulled the trigger once again, but he managed to sway his head away, barely missing the bullet of death.  As it inched closer Steve knocked them out of the way before they could get crushed by the vehicle. Peggy flared her nostrils angrily.

"Sorry!" Steve called out as he sprinted after the car.

"Wait here!" Elenara raced after him, leaving a frustrated Peggy behind. Adrenaline pumped through her body, her anger and grief only fueled her speed. Ever since the day in the alley, she has felt stronger, faster, and more agile. The goddess quickly caught up with Steve, both panting as their chests heaved. Steve panted furiously, making a sharp turn, maneuvering his way between the cars and yelped as he ran into a store window, shattering the glass. He wasn't used to his new body yet, everything felt strange to him. Hell, this is the longest and fastest he has ever ran.

"I'm sorry!" He apologized, guilt panging his chest. Elenara didn't spare him a glance, she was too focused on the son-of-a-bitch that killed her friend.

"C'mon Steve!" He forced his legs to go faster and eventually he passed her, running ahead. He took a turn through a slim alley and jumped over the fence. Elenara watched in awe as he landed on his feet perfectly. Xiuhcoatl took form into a staff in her hands and she swung him, sending a wave of blue-green fire that destroyed the metal fence. Her legs soon grew tired, each stride grew slower and slower. She sucked air through her teeth; she had lost sight of them.

Droplets of sweat dripped down her forehead as she filled her lungs with air. The sun wasn't out, it was covered by an army of clouds that refused to let its rays pass through.

"Mierda, where did they go."
"Shit."

Xiuhcoatl's tongue flickered rapidly, pointing his sharp tail down the busy road. He then, coiled around her arm and turned to stone. Without wasting any more time, she ran down the concrete sidewalk, swiftly dodging citizens.

"Watch where you're going!"

"Hey!" She winced upon hearing their complaining and cried out an apology. Gun shots along with the cries of a woman echoed in her ear. She slowed her pace and let herself regain air that her lungs desperately called out for.

"No! Not my son!" A mother shrieked for her child. Elenara raced down the empty road, towards the mob of people.

"Let go of my son!" She desperately fought out of the tight hold of the man as she cried. Pity engulfed her brown eyes.

"Don't worry, we'll get your son back to you." The woman sniffed as her tears stained her pale cheeks.

"Please, bring him back." Elenara nodded and ran towards the pier, finally catching up with Steve.

"Careful, he has a kid with him." He warned as he hid behind the brick wall. Xiuhcoatl unraveled himself, springing into his staff form. They both nodded to each other and slowly poked their head around the corner. The spy immediately pointed the gun at the child's head as he tightly gripped him by the collar.

"Wait, don't!" They called out simultaneously. He then aimed his gun at them, prompting Steve to place himself in front of her, ready for the bullet to impale his body. Pulling the trigger, they flinched, holding on to each other. Yet, the bullet never came. He grunted in frustration and launched the child into the water. The cold fear hit her body, sprinting towards the edge and jumping towards the murky water.

"Elle!"

Her tan skin was met with the bitter cold water as she broke through its barrier. She gasped in shock from the cold, reaching out for the child. Xiuhcoatl sprung forwards and wrapped himself around his arm, pulling his body towards her. Elenara pulled him up for air as he shivered against her body.

"Go! We are okay!" She nodded towards him with a reassuring smile and he raced after the spy.

"You're so warm." His words came out muffled as he huddles his face in her neck. He tightly kept his arms around her neck and his legs wrapped around her waist.

"Let's get you back to your mother." With a grunt, she propelled herself forwards, making sure his head is above the water.

"Get on my back and hold on tight, okay?" The ginger haired boy did as she said. Elenara reached for the ladder that was against the brick wall and pulled herself up, losing both of her heels. Water dripped down against her bare legs as goosebumps prickled her skin.

"We made it." She breathed out as water droplets glided down her short hair. A man helped her up onto her feet. The child's mother embraced him in a hug in hoped to keep him warm.

"Thank you." She said to her, pressing a kiss to his forehead. Elenara felt happiness swell in her chest and she flashed her a smile.

≫──────≪•◦  ☼  ◦•≫──────≪
.

.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73K 1.5K 40
I put my head on Bucky's shoulder. "Why don't you have a picture of me in your compass ?" I asked. He put his head on mine and took his compass from...
9.5K 425 24
"I'll spin for you like your favorite records used to." IN WHICH a light-hearted and playful agent of S.H.I.E.L.D is paired with the humorless patrio...
55.7K 2K 38
"i think of you-" "think of me?" August had never identified as a hero. She had never chosen to do what she did. Spending her...
61.1K 1.5K 35
"Enough!!! You lot are getting help!" Fury yelled at them making the shouting stop. "Sorry?" Sam said and looked at the Director with a confused fac...