Age Gap

Von Whimfu1

Overhearing a phone call about Lincoln's secret girlfriend a fight ensues warranting said girl to finally mak... Mehr

Ch 1
Ch 2
Ch 3
Ch 4
Ch 5
Ch 6
Ch 7
Ch 8
Ch 9
Ch 11
Ch 12
Ch 13
Ch 14
Ch 15
Ch 16
Ch 17
Ch 18
Ch 19
Ch 20
Ch 21
Ch 22
Ch 23
Cut Down Epilogue

Ch 10

1.3K 36 1
Von Whimfu1

The light sound of breathing filled the night. Denizens of the Loud house had decided to hit the hay early with all the emotional drama of the afternoon. Quinlan had been allowed to spend the night with Lincoln. Her head laid on top of the child's chest. The rhythmic beating of his passionate heart pulled her into a peaceful slumber. With the turmoil of the day passed, she was able to dream and remember the day that brought them together.

The disgruntled bombshell closed the door to her beat up Impala. It had been just two weeks and another boyfriend gone. How ironic that he said that she was too quiet and had broken up over a text. Just another tick mark in the long list of failed relationships.

It had been awhile since one broke up with her though. Maybe a year? She couldn't recall. They were always so eager to ask her out, yet none eager to commit. Is a serious relationship that hard? One sincere guy would do.

She had been in her car for nearly ten minutes looking at the text and had not noticed a small boy approach her front door. As QT was getting out of her car the boy had also rung the doorbell. The bombshell did not know how long they were talking but her sister had gotten in a row with him.

"Lincoln look you seem like a nice guy but really no." She saw her little sister, Cristina, rejecting a boy likely the same age with shocking white hair and a bouquet of roses. QT ducked behind the side wall to watch.

"Cristina, I know I messed up but I'm here to apologize. It was a stupid spur of the moment thing and I'm sorry." The boy offered the flowers but the girl pushed them away.

"I'm not interested in your flowers," QT puffed her cheeks thinking about how none of her boyfriends had offered her flowers. How did her sister jump ahead of her in the romance department. "What you did was creepy to say the least and most inappropriate."

"I was trying to embarrass myself so my sisters would forgive me for the stupid stunt I pulled. I'm sorry you got pulled into it. I was being incredibly inconsiderate to both you and my sisters." He looked down sheepishly. The poor guy, wonder what he did. "I know things will be awkward but I thought an apology would be a good start."

A little bit of chivalry at a young age. Why couldn't this kid be my age. He's rather cute now, he'll probably be a hunk when he's older. C'mon sis at least one of us can have a good boyfriend.

"Look your apology is accepted or whatever. Now if you don't mind-"

"What about the project?" Cristina was still trying to close the door as the boy tried to voice himself.

"I'll handle my half you handle yours and it'll be fine."

Both Cristina and Lincoln became startled when a slamming palm on the door prevented the door from closing. The white haired lad backed up and had to look up at the figure. An hourglass curve greeted the boy. His eyes were glued on the shapely beauty. Her naturally curly brown hair reflected the sun's shine and her yellow tube dress wrapped around her body like a snug corset. He couldn't help but admire her. Who was she?

"Sis? What the heck?" Lincoln did a double take between Cristina and her now presented older sister. He could see the resemblance except, while Cristina was incredibly cute, her older sister was awe inspiring beautiful. The boy's features reddened and he had to avert his gaze before he became too flustered.

"What do you mean I'm being rude?" Lincoln was confused as Cristina's older sister hadn't said anything. He glanced up for a second time but all he could see was the sister pouting and giving the younger a mean stare. "He's just not my type and all."

Lincoln found himself being pulled upwards into a smooshing hug. The woman's face was pressed into his, cheek to cheek. QT still maintained a glare to Cristina. Lincoln had no idea what was going on.

"Fine then you invite him in!" The young girl threw both her hands forfeiting her position. She walked back into the home letting the family's front door to swing open for them.

The young boy was placed back on his two feet. He shuffled awkwardly as he looked up to the teen who was grinning at him. Her hands motioned him inside. He smiled back revealing his chipped tooth to her and walked in. She followed suit and closed the door behind him.

"Give me a few minutes to find the stuff for the project." Cristina was still a bit huffy. She walked down a hallway to presumably her room. Lincoln stood near the doorway with Cristina's older sister.

"Uhh... Miss..." He turned to her and she smiled down to him. "Cristina didn't like them but would you like them?"

The white haired wonder offered the lovely brunette the bouquet of roses he had brought as an apology. QT found the action adorable and feigned surprise pointing at herself. Lincoln nodded as to confirm for her as she gave a him a smile and took them from his grasp. She took a big whiff of them. They smelt fresh.

She giggled some at the little gentleman and pointed to the kitchen table. He got the message and walked over. QT put down the roses on the counter as she did not know where a vase was at the moment. There were four chairs around a single round table with a hooded light hovering above. He took a seat at random and sheepishly waited to be told what to do. He thought the teen would sit across from him but she took a seat next to him and scooted closer to him.

His eyes kept glancing up to the pretty lady then back to the table. QT studied the boy, he was adorable. She leaned on her elbows and cupped her face. The boy looked up and gasped noticing how close she was.

"Gahh! C-can I help you Miss?" She shook her head up and down. "Yes? What with?"

Her hand pointed to roses and she quirked up an eyebrow. Lincoln looked to the counter then back to her, then back to the roses...

"Oh! You're wondering why I was apologizing." QT nodded. "Umm...I think it would be better just to show you."

The boy took out his cell phone and leaned in. Seeing a little moment she leaned onto the boy for a bit of tease. It worked, the boy flustered. A video began playing and to say the least it was embarrassing. What probably was the most damning in it was when the boy kissed a picture of her sister. While QT found it funny, she understood why her little sister might be upset though.

"I know it looks bad but I did it for my sisters..." Well that's curious thought QT, "I was trying to win a video contest and had recorded my sisters doing embarrassing things. They were obviously mad and more so I felt bad. I shouldn't have done it and I made this video of myself doing all the same things to apologize. I made a fool of myself in order to redirect the attention to me rather than them."

The boy shifted a bit in his seat. He was uncomfortable. The girl found it rather odd his way of apologizing but she waited for the rest of the story.

"The thing is I've never won anything in my life. My sisters are so talented and I'm kind of a 'man of many skills but a master at none'. We have this trophy case at home and my shelf is the only one without a real trophy..." He seemed genuinely sad as his tone became a bit more melancholy. "I wanted to win something so badly that I abused my sister's trust. But in my apology attempt I embarrassed your sister."

He gave a sigh.

"I've done something awful to both my sisters and yours. I was forgiven by my sisters but I found it hard to approach Cristina... We were paired up for a project by chance and knowing it would be awkward I came to apologize... I guess you saw how that went."

The girls cheek ruffled his hair a bit as she adjusted herself closer. Quinlan was unsure how to react. Yeah it was a bit creepy but he was just a kid trying to make amends. He messed up and at least he had the cojones to do it in person unlike a certain recent ex. People mess up. Not many fess up to it. He was at least admirable.

"Oh great." Cristina entered the scene carrying a couple of books with a pad and pen. "You trying to get a new boyfriend again?"

QT looked down to the boy and grinned. She pulled him into a hug and gave her sister a look that said 'maybe I am'. The girl groaned at the older's antics. Lincoln on the other hand had begun to heat up, face turning red, eyes widening in shock, the whole lot. The boy's reactions was quite the entertainment.

Cristina sat across from the two. She threw the materials haphazardly across the table. QT read as much of the papers as possible and from what she could gather it was a Spanish conversation assignment. Two people having an inane conversation in front of the class but what it did need was cooperation by both parties for a good grade. QT now could tell why the kid needed to ease the divide between him and her.

"If you are done messing with Lincoln," Is that his name? Not exactly original but rather unique. "Could we just get this over with?"

Quinlan was shooed away from the table much to her displeasure. She wouldn't mind teasing the boy a bit. She stayed in hearing distance of them from the comfort of living room couch, checking social media and such. Checking her status, she realized that she hadn't even bothered to change her relationship to 'currently in' for this last boyfriend. Perhaps she realized it wouldn't last. Scrolling down the screen she decided she had enough and solely listened to the study buddies.

"That was pretty close, you just need to accent the 'ñ' a bit more."

"You're actually pretty good at this stuff aren't you, Lincoln?"

"I've had a bit of practice, you're doing a good job too."

"Geez, I was seriously having trouble with this...Thanks"

"No problem, Cristina."

Lincoln seemed to be pretty smart. Cristina wasn't the best at Spanish but it seems he managed to help him. QT peeked back into the kitchen, the boy pointed to certain words and told her sister the proper conjugations. See sis, you just need to give him a chance.

Time went by, and eventually the white haired lad had to go home. QT wouldn't had mind if he stayed for dinner but she figured that he already made plans. He hadn't brought much so he was leaving quickly.

"See you tomorrow, Cristina." The boy adjusted the tongue of his shoe leaning up against the door frame of the front door. "And have a good night miss-"

"Quinlan." Cristina spun around seeing her sister giving the boy a wave. The young girl seemed stunned but Lincoln couldn't understand why.

"Then have a good night, Quinlan." Lincoln let himself out and headed home on foot.

There was silence in the Timber home as Cristina's shocked stare continued on. QT met her stare and gave a raised eyebrow back.

"Don't give me that Sis!" Cristina folded her arms in defiance. "Introducing yourself? Being a bit bold aren't we."

"Well he seems like a cute kid." QT finally responded to her sister. "You sure you don't want him to ask you out?"

"Eww! No, he's too dorky!" The sisters made there way to the kitchen.

"You seemed fine with him studying." QT commented looking through the fridge for ingredients for tonight's meal.

"He's good at Spanish is all, don't read too into it." Cristina began collecting her school supplies off the table. Shuffling her papers she looked over them one more time.

QT had found the necessary ingredients for a nice, healthy meal. She moved around and began grabbing a pot big enough for everything. Lincoln's roses caught her attention. They still need a vase. She began grabbing them and checking them, they were still very pretty. Was there a vase in the china cabinet? After a quick investigation a suitable vase was discovered. They would look lovely in her room.

"Hey, where are you taking those?" Cristina stopped her.

"Hmm?" QT gave her a bemused smile back.

"The roses, sis. What are you doing with them?" Her little sister asked accusingly.

"Oh, interested?" Cristina grunted in annoyance back at her, "Lincoln gave them to me after you rejected them so I'm putting them in my room. Quite a lovely gift doncha think?" QT asked her sister teasingly.

"It's a bit old fashioned." The girl rebutted

"It so is not!" QT commented back. "It's the mark of a gentlemen. To think out of tens of guys I've dated you were the first to bring a keeper home!"

"Again, I'm not interested in him!"

"Perhaps you should reconsider. I would have killed to have a boy like him in my class."

"Well have him if you're so fond of him." Cristina blew a raspberry at her older sister as she left to place the roses in here room.

Cristina doesn't realize how hard it to find a guy like that, thought Quinlan. To think that she had one literally thrown in her lap and didn't bat an eyelash. Hmph. She let out a sigh.

"Seriously, why can't I find a guy like that?"

She held one of the rose bulbs in her hand. Old fashion? Maybe, but at least it showed they cared. Dang she must have been depressed admiring a little boy like this. So many jerks in the sea and the only fish worth catching was teaching her sister Spanish. Life could be so cruel.

There was a knock at the her bedroom door. Opening it revealed a her little sister swaying back and forth. She seemed sheepish as she asked her elder sister a question.

"I know what I said before... but could I at least have one of the roses?"

QT looked at her with sly smile.

"Coming around to Lincoln are we?"

"No." Cristina inserted, "I just like roses."

"Sure sis, so do I."

This was QT's first encounter with him. Perhaps he had just shown up at the right time. Perhaps she was a bit desperate. Maybe it was a mix of both. Either way, she found herself anticipating his visit tomorrow.

The night came and went, her day at school was also uneventful. A few guys approached her again, after hearing about her break up, but she didn't feel up to chatting. She hung out with her usual crowd until the final bell. Rushing to the Impala to get out of the school parking lot quickly she was on her way home when she spotted a white tuft of hair walking down the sidewalk.

Lincoln had just waved goodbye to his best friend, Clyde McBride, and was on his way to Cristina's to study. He was glad that Cristina's sister helped him yesterday. They were making good progress on the project now and without her he was sure it wouldn't had happened. The walk was going to take a bit but he didn't mind.

*Honk honk*

The boy glanced to check but didn't see where the honks came from. He turned back to walk when another set of honks came a bit closer. A black 73 Impala rolled up next to him. He wasn't sure if he should be getting ready to bolt towards a safe place or not but he saw through the windshield a radiant smile of a familiar brunette. At the time he wasn't sure if it was because she was familiar or if it was her beauty that calmed him but he relaxed and approached the car.

"Quinn? Wait, no, Quinlan?" The girl nodded to him. She was easy on the eyes so to say and he found himself enamored by her a bit too much. He had to shake his head to refocus. "Is something up?"

QT leaned over and pushed the door open for him.

"You want to give me a ride?" Her curls bobbed along with her head shakes. "Oh, uh, thank you."

Lincoln sat in the passenger seat and put on the belt. Closing the door the car merged back onto the road and rolled down the street. The boy shifted uncomfortable trying to build up the courage to speak to QT.

"Quinlan?" He waited for recognition that came from a hum. "Uh thanks for the help yesterday. I don't think Cristina wanted to really work with me after my stupid video."

"The roses weren't a thank you?" This was the first sentence he heard from her and he had to steady himself after hearing her voice clearly for the first time.

"I mean... You could see them that way. I just thought if Cristina didn't take them as an apology I might as well give them to a beautiful girl." He covered his mouth quickly after realizing his own words. He heard a giggle and proceeded to cover his face in embarrassment.

"So I'm a beautiful girl hmm?" There was a sense of teasing in the tone but the shy lad didn't pick up on it and answered truthfully.

"One of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen." QT was stunned by the boys response and she found her heart skipping a beat.

"O-oh really?"

"Really."

There was silence in the car for a block or two. The engine's growl could be heard as they came to a stop at a red light.

"So you trying to get Cristina to date you?" QT finally spoke up a sense of curiosity perking up.

"N-no, not anymore. I had a crush on her for a long time but, after the video, that wasn't going to happen." The light turned green.

"So you don't have a girlfriend?" Why was she so curious?

"No I've tried... Girls just don't seem to be interested no matter what I do." The hint of sadness in his voice caused great concern in the teen.

"I'm sure there's someone out there for you. You're quite the gentleman from what I can tell." She gave him a playful wink, he didn't notice.

"Well, I haven't found one. Sometimes I think I should try and be a bit more of a jerk seeing as somehow they manage to get girls."

That kind of annoyed QT a bit. To see this sweet little kid already so disheartened about dating. She's been through so many relationships and hasn't found a single good guy. Yet here was one already broken up about not finding a girl. Was this how it happened? Were the guys she dated nice when they were little but couldn't find someone who appreciated them and turned to jerks because it seemed to work? Were girls his age so foolish to not realize how good they have it? Going by her sister, the answer was yes.

"I know a girl who would enjoy going on a date with you." Was she really going to do this? She just need to make him understand that there were girls who appreciated a gentleman. She would be doing a service to his future girlfriend.

"You do?!" Oh god he's honestly excited. He's so adorable.

"Yeah," Was she making the right decision? "Me."

"Y-yyy-you?!" Lincoln's heart was beating a mile a minute. His eyes had widened considerably staring at the teen. The poor boy couldn't fully fathom what she had just said. "You'd seriously go on a date with me."

"Mhmm..." QT's own resolve was shaking somewhat seeing how serious the boy was becoming. Lincoln's face had a mixture of excitement and timidness that she found amazingly cute. She needed to focus on the road. Lincoln's mind was racing and he wasn't sure what step to make next.

"Then, tomorrow want to meet up for lunch at umm... Giovanni Changs Italian Chinese Bistro?"

"Uhh...Sure, Lincoln...What time?" Why was she getting flustered now.

"How about 12:30?"

"Uh, yeah. Sounds good."

QT wasn't sure what she had agreed to. She had taken a chance and hoped by the end of it he would be at a better place. Maybe the both of them could be. Well, as much as a kid could make a teen feel better at least.

The Impala rolled up to the Timber house. They sat in the car just talking and waiting for Cristina to get back. Quinlan found it strange how much she was speaking to this boy and how enjoyable it was. She told him about school and her workout routine yet he never seemed disinterested. He wanted to know more about her and she found it...refreshing.

She found herself asking him questions too. Like what he did for fun and his family, to her surprise he had Ten sisters. She couldn't even imagine how crazy that must be. QT become very aware on how much she wanted to continue talking and almost grunted in annoyance when Cristina finally got home to take Lincoln away to study.

That night was different for her. Her mind wandered back to that small, white haired, chipped tooth boy who would be occupying her day tomorrow. Unsure about these feelings she tossed and turned for hours before nodding off. Luckily it had been a Friday and she could afford to sleep in. The curvaceous girl stood in front her mirror and thought about what she would wear for her date. Her date? Why was she getting so excited? Really now, he was just a kid.

Her car pulled up to the bistro about ten minutes before the time they were supposed to meet, yet Lincoln was already there. He waved happily to her and she returned it equally as excited. Their lunch was uneventful and yet truly remarkable. It was almost like they had picked up right after getting out of the car yesterday. Talking about school, life, sisters and for once in a long time she found herself laughing during a date. She wanted to tease him, to make him fluster. She wanted so much from this boy.

What was she doing?

QT felt sadness as they departed the restaurant but Lincoln perked the brunette back up as he rushed to open her car door for her. It didn't work as she had the key and he scratched the back of his neck in embarrassment when he realized. She still wanted to play with him a bit more but she knew she was pushing it. There was just one thing she could do to make him certain that being a good guy was still honorable. But...

Was a kiss too much?

"Lincoln..."

"Yes Quinlan?" The boy stopped to look at her.

"Would you like to kiss me?"

The boy gripped at his own heart as if having an attack. His pupils dilated from the sudden surprise. He looked around the parking lot for onlookers. He looked back at her with sparkles in his eyes. He closed his eyes and nodded quickly.

"Okay...but your going to have to work for it." Both their eyes widened at the statement. Lincoln's because he was unsure what she meant. Quinlan's because she was unsure what she meant. She wanted to tease him more and couldn't stop herself.

QT lent forward slightly and closed her eyes. Her lips puckered awaiting a kiss. Her head was still a good foot and half above Lincoln's white mane. He wasn't sure what to do. He scooted in closer, the sound of his heart racing was almost audible to her. He began standing on his toes...

It wasn't enough.

His eyes were swirls as his frustration with his height reached a new level. He gave a gulp and steeled his resolve. Lining up he gave himself the smallest hop.

Their lips connected.

A sudden spark shot from QT's lips to her brain like a firework shooting off into the sky. A pleasant shiver ran down her body and her eyes opened to see the flustered boy equally dazed. He rocked back and forth where he stood contemplating taking another one but she stood up straight before he could.

There was a frozen second between them where nothing in the world mattered to them. It was gone in an instant but both of them could remember it so clearly even today. Quinlan's own hand graced her lips as she took in the sensation. Lincoln mimicked her actions unconsciously.

QT unlocked her car as Lincoln opened the door for her. Closing it for her, QT drove off leaving an awestruck boy standing in the empty parking spot of the bistro.

The day went by in a blur for her as she tried to comprehend what she had done. She debated with herself whether she had gone too far with her little ploy. Maybe it's because she was being too careless or something. She shouldn't be feeling this way, especially for someone so young.

His age suddenly became her main concern. Cristina was the same age as this boy. She had just seduced a kiss out of a boy in elementary school. No boyfriend before had made her feel this way and yet this boy had. Was something wrong with her?

Her mind was in turmoil and she refused to leave her room for anything except the bathroom. Lincoln had even come over to study again for the Spanish project with Cristina and she was too rattled to greet him. She felt stupid, childish, and even a bit disgusted with herself.

The next day wasn't any better. QT was out of it foregoing eating, showering, and her homework. She just didn't feel right. Her sleep was restless and no matter what she did Lincoln was at the forefront of her thoughts. To make matters worse Lincoln returned to study. The desire to see him was consumed by guilt of her actions. There was a knock on her door.

"Lincoln?" QT called out through the wood.

"What? No, sis it's me. Why would Lincoln be knocking on your door?" Quinlan took a deep breath and opened the door to reveal her little sister wearing her nightgown ready for bed. "Whoa, you don't look too good. Is there something you want to talk about?"

"No! I mean no, is Lincoln still here?" Why was she asking?

"No he left an hour ago, so you don't need to worry about him seeing you sooo... disheveled?" Cristina seemed concerned but couldn't bring herself to ask what was making her sister act so strangely.

"Oh, okay. Maybe I'll take a shower..."

"Aren't you all about those morning showers though? Are you sure you want to mess up your routine?" With the habits her elder sister kept to maintain a healthy lifestyle it perturbed Cristina to see her so disorganized.

"Oh...yeah... your right... I'll just go to bed...Thanks sis..." The door slowly closed on the concerned girl but she did not protest.

Due to the lack of energy, QT fell asleep quickly. The next morning she desperately didn't want to go to school but her parents would be upset if she skipped without permission. She reluctantly went through her morning routine as if life was normal, it didn't help. Going to get breakfast she found a note from Cristina saying she had already left and hoped she felt better. Quinlan smiled at the sentiment and continued her preparations.

Fully dressed and with her backpack loaded up with her unfinished homework, she went out to her car. The tired teen had gotten in when she noticed a white envelope stuck underneath the driver side windshield wiper. She got out to inspect it. The envelope was decorated with two hearts colored in red crayon and the middle was signed with 'Q.T.'. She opened it and unfolded the parchment inside, it was a love letter.

I'm sure you have been avoiding me since you didn't come out of your room this weekend but I still wanted to tell you something. I really enjoyed the date we had and I don't know how to explain it but I would really like to see you again. I know this is weird coming from someone so young and all. I got this feeling when I was with you like I didn't want to leave. Just continue talking and never be out of your presence. I don't know if you felt the same way. Still, I want to take a chance. I won't come over uninvited and as the project is due I don't have a reason to hang around you anymore so I left my number with my name. If you aren't interested, I understand. Feel free not to call. Just know that my date with you changed my life. Thank you for the memories.

-Lincoln Loud

She read the paper twice over to make sure she understood the message. Her heart was jumping out of her throat and she wanted to run inside again. She stood her ground. Her hand dipped into her pocket to grab her cell phone. She typed in the number and held it to her ear.

Dial tone... click.

"Hey is this you, Lincoln?" QT asked knowing the answer.

"Yeah, I found your note...would you like to hang out after school today?"

The sound of a choked snore woke QT from her slumber. Her mind was foggy and she looked up to see the boy whose chest she had fallen asleep on. A smile crept onto her lips as she leaned in to give him quick peck on the forehead before returning to her previous position. The rhythmic beating of his passionate heart pulled her into a peaceful slumber.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

173K 2.3K 58
I have permission by Fpsroxas to use this. Original story belongs to EvilFuzzy9. Infinite Tsukuyomi is executed. All of the world is now blanketed in...
4.5K 154 29
book three of captain america's daughter hazel knows things are happening around her, things only she can fix. it's the same battle but the enemy is...
666K 40.8K 105
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
83.2K 567 20
rias has a little brother who is 14 and is quit op