1 | master of arms [gisborne]

Par thorinstoned

STILL UNDER EDITING BECAUSE I AM TRASH Linda of Nottingham has a problem: she's living in hell. Her father ha... Plus

Disclaimer
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten Part one
Ten Part two
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two [revised]
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five [revised]
Thirty-six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Forty
Forty-one
Forty-two
Forty-three
Forty-four part two
Forty-five
Forty-six
Forty-seven
Forty-eight
Forty-nine
Fifty
Fifty-one
Fifty-two
Fifty-three
Fifty-four [revised]
Epilogue
acknowledgements
"the angel" sneak peek
something unexpected

Forty-four part one

834 15 3
Par thorinstoned

Guy woke up with what seemed like a hangover. His face was on the forest floor, and his arms and legs were tied up. He blinked a few times, trying to regain his eyesight. When he could see, he searched his surroundings. It was night time, and a fire was made. A wolf howled, and Guy jumped. Robin groaned softly, also just waking up. The both of them internally panicked, but showed it by wriggling around.

"What is this?"

"Who's done this?" Guy demanded, looking as best he could behind him. "Hood?"

"No."

Guy kept wriggling around, the panic starting to show itself. "I have... to get out... of these god... damn... bonds!"

Robin was doing a better job at composing himself. "Where are you?" he shouted. "You're a coward to take us like this."

"Show yourself," Guy demanded.

Then he froze when he heard the soft crunch of leaved and looked up. A figure with a dark brown cloak was walking toward them, and Guy kept wriggling around. He did his best to flip over on the other side so he could see the figure when he walked past them and sat across the fire. He sat down on a boulder and examined the two men.

"Who sent you? Prince John?" Guy's voice was normal, but no less threatening and low.

"No," Robin countered. "This is one of your sister's tricks." Robin turned his head from the figure to Guy. "What would Isabella want with us?"

"I want you to listen... and understand." The man's voice sounded old, raggedy and raspy, like he had been through a lot. "Someone's life depends on it."

"I find it hard to understand when I am tied," Guy said through gritted teeth, wriggling around as if you prove his point. "Now free me!"

"I'll free you — free you from the bad blood that shackles you two together," countered the man, still not revealing his face.

Guy looked to the ground, his hair in his face. "Well, maybe there are good reason's for that bad blood." Guy and Robin exchanged a look before looking at the man again. "What do you know about our lives anyway?"

"More than you do," the man said, and Guy blinked repeatedly. "I know the truth."

Now Robin seemed annoyed. "Truth about what?"

"About how your parents really died."

Memories of the fire came back to Guy, and he shuddered. He remembered being outside, watching hopelessly as his home burned to the ground. Isabella was still only a young child, as was the woman he was trying to find. He also remembered how young and naïve Robin was.

"My father's in there! Yours, too, and your mother! Do something!"

Guy looked to the ground once more and made in effort to shrug, his voice low and quiet. "You know about the fire," he mused. "So?"

Robin let his head rest on the floor, staying quiet for a few moments. "It was never a secret," he finally said. "Everybody knew that we both became orphans that day."

"There are still things you don't know about your past," the man said, looking at Robin. He frowned tried his best to sit in an upright position.

Guy knew exactly what he was talking about. "Twenty years ago, I witnessed my mother in a stable with your father while my own father was in the Holy Land. That's when I finally figured out that they were having an affair," Guy said and also moved into an upright position, leaning on a tree.

"What?!" Robin exclaimed. "My father loved one woman only, and that was my mother."

Guy sighed and looked up at the sky. "That's just what you were told," he said lowly. "The truth was kept from you by your precious father."

"What are you talking about?" Robin snapped.

"He shielded you from reality like he always did," Guy retorted, looking Robin in the eye. He then smiled in frustration and shook his head. "You were never made to face the consequences of your actions."

That shut Robin up.

"You were once on a very different path, Robin," the man said, and started his story...

*****

20 years ago, England.

Why there was a party, he had no idea. His father wasn't back from the Holy Land, he was dead. So why was there a reason to celebrate? Ghislaine had convinced him to go, and reluctantly, he did, for her sake. There was carnival music, and way too many people. Robin's father was helping out with the pig that was roasting over the fire, while the other two were lingering around, coming across a fire-breather. The fire-breather blew out, making flames go everywhere. The girl shrieked and grabbed the boy's arm, he of which laughed.

"Afraid of a little fire, Linda?" He teased with a smirk.

The girl shot him a look and swatted his arm. "Shut up, Guy, it startled me. Like you've never been scared."

"What are you talking about? I'm a boy, and boys don't scared."

"Not even if I told Bella that you have a girlfriend?" Linda raised an eyebrow.

"But I don't have one."

"Yeah, but she doesn't have to know." Linda smirked and ran off.

Guy's eyes widened. He knew that his little sister would then tell his mother, and his mother would start asking a million and one questions, and it would be torture. "Linda!" he called, trying to chase her in the crowd.

Linda giggled and cut through various people, until she accidentally ran into Robin. They both collided into the ground, Linda on top of him. "Oops," she said, trying not to laugh. "Sorry, Robin."

"Linda!" he exclaimed, pushing her off him. "What was that for?"

"I didn't see you," she responded honestly, suppressing her laughter. She stood and offered her hand to him, helping him out. "Why do you have your bow with you?"

Robin shrugged. "I always keep it with me."

At the sound of his son's voice, Robin's father turned around. "Robin, come and give Swain a hand," he called, waving him over.

"Yes, Father," Robin said, running over. Linda smiled and ran behind him.

Robin's father smiled at the girl. "Linda! So glad you could make it."

Linda smiled back him. "Thank you, my lord, it is quite an honor being here."

"Are your parents not here with you?" he asked with a frown.

She shook her head. "My father is dealing with business in York, and my mother has offered to go with him. They are supposed to be there for about a week or more, and Lady Ghislaine has offered to let me stay with Guy and the family for the time being." As soon as she said Guy's name, Ghislaine and her daughter came out of the manor. Guy slipped through the crowd and stood by his mother's side. Linda chuckled and listened to what the Lady Ghislaine had to say.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I am so pleased you decided to join me in celebrating the safe return of our men from the Holy Land," she announced kindly, her hands on her kid's shoulder's. "Sadly, not everyone was able to make the journey back, and I would ask that we think also of our loved ones who died on this day."

Linda sighed and closed her eyes. She knew that it was painful to lose someone, but Guy and Isabella had it bad, too. Their father was in the Holy Land, and he was dead. She gave them both reassuring smiles. Ghislaine continued.

"As you know, I feel your pain, as it is my own, my own husband being amount the dead." She sighed.

"My Lady Gisborne,"  called a man who seemed to be in about his late forties, his face oily and with bags under his eyes. He had brown-gray hair, and his stubble was also black painted with gray. He had on velvet and blue rubes over lightly covered maroon tunic. "As Bailiff of these parts, it's my duty to ask, who will now be Lord of the Manor?"

"Longthorn, your presence is not required, nor is it appropriate to ask this sort of question," Linda remarked darkly.

Ghislaine held out a hand. "No," she said, and she sounded amused. "He is right to ask. There will be no Lord. Instead, there will be a Lady of the Manor."

"I like the sound of that," Linda whispered to Robin, and he nodded.

"So..." Longthorn said slowly, his lips curling to a smirk. "We're expected to serve a woman? A French woman."

There was laughter, and Guy clenched his fists. How dare he talk to his mother like that! Longthorn continued.

"The land should be returned to Lord Locksley."

"Longthorn."

"This village was awarded to your husband for his services in the Holy Land," Longthorn explained, turning to Lord Locksley. "Now he's dead, it's your right to reclaim them."

"Why, because he's a man?" Linda retorted, arms crossed.

"Because besides Sir Roger of Gisborne, who is dead, Lord Locksley is next to claim these lands, child."

"Enough!" snapped Lord Locksley, startling Linda. He put a hand on her shoulder as an apology. "I understand that it is my right, but it is a right that I will not be exercising. Sir Roger fought and died for an English King. His family should be respected." He raised his wine goblet. "To Sir Roger of Gisborne!"

"To Sir Roger of Gisborne!" shouted everyone else, raising their goblets. Linda smirked at Longthorn, and he sneered before leaving. Robin snickered.

"Now," Ghislaine continued, rolling her shoulders back, "to celebrate those who have returned, and to honor those who have not, I want you to join me in enjoying something the men have brought back from their travels." She pointed behind everyone, and they all gasped in awe. "The fire wheel will light our skies to show us that our darkest days are now behind us."

Linda went to Isabella's side. "How cool is that?" she whispered to her friend, and she nodded fast with a big grin.

"Now, I need two strong men to lift the wheel," Ghislaine said, turning to the crowd. "And the two best archers in the county."

"Robin," Isabella and Linda coughed quietly at the same time.

Ghisaline turned to the boy. "Robin, will you help me?" she asked, and Robin grinned. "And Guy."

Guy tried his best to smile, but ended up failing. The crowd departed, going back to its business. Linda approached Guy. "You'll do fine."

"Will I?" he asked. "Robin is apparently the best shot in the county, even you know this."

"Yeah, but he's cocky." She sighed and put an arm around the taller boy as they walked to the lake Robin and Guy were going to fire from. "Look, just concentrate and aim. Don't let Robin here bring your guard down."

Guy smiled halfheartedly, looking at Linda. "All right, I think I can manage."

Linda grinned. "Good." She turned away, but Guy called her name and stopped her. She looked at him quizzically. "What?"

He pointed to his cheek. "Kiss for good luck?"

Linda rolled her eyes. "Not a chance."

Guy gave her what she called the "pleading puppy dog look", and she sighed in defeat. That face always worked on her... usually. Shaking her head and muttering to herself, she skipped over, stood on her tiptoes, and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Now shoot straight. I've got to find your sister." Linda skipped away.

"Don't tell her you kissed me!" Guy called.

She stuck out her tongue playfully and disappeared in the crowd. Guy chuckled and crossed his arms, watching her go. This was why she was his best friend, she always had a way with words and making him feel better. He hummed to himself and grabbed a bow, notching a flaming arrow on it. He rolled his eyes when Robin cam standing next to him, a smirk plastered on his face.

"I don't know why you're bothering, Guy," said the boy, also notching a flaming arrow on his father's bow. "You're a terrible shot. I'm younger than you and everyone knows that I'm the best shot in the village."

"Only because you keep telling everyone you are," Guy grumbled, shaking his head. Then he frowned. "I thought your father said you couldn't use his bow. You're not ready."

Robin shook his head, watching as the men and Robin's father lifted the wheel. "I'm going to show him he was wrong." He narrowed his eyes, finding a lantern hanging underneath the tall podium that was going to hold the wheel. "I can hit that lantern with this. Watch."

Guy's eyes widened. "Don't be so stupid!" he exclaimed, taking the arrow from him. Robin only frowned and snatched it back, notched it, and released.

But he released a little too late.

Right when he let go of his arrow, the fire wheel was still being lifted. It hit it on the edge, and the two boys paled. After a moment, the whole thing flared, and the men who were lifting it looked at it in shock and panic.

"Look what you've done," scolded Guy.

But the crowd didn't seem to mind, they cheered and clapped their hands. The men at the bottom who were holding it shook their heads repeatedly, for the sparks were getting in their eyes. That's when the people started to panic. Robin let his bow drop to the floor and backed away, bumping into Longthorn. Guy still had his bow in his hand, and he looked on. Linda pushed past everyone and approached his side, looking on in horror. The man at the bottom couldn't hold on any longer, and he let go of the rope. Linda ran off, and Guy watched her. Before the fire wheel could drop and hit the man, Swain, Linda jumped and pushed him out of the way... barely. The fire wheel landed on her ankle and his torso, and they let out a cry. Robin's father clambered down the ladder, and he grabbed the rope and started to pull.

"Help me!" he cried.

A few more men grabbed the rope and pulled, getting the fire wheel off of her ankle. She crawled away with the help of two other people. Robin's father grabbed Swain.

"Are you all right? Linda, talk to me!" Robin's father exclaimed, sliding next to her.

"It hurts," she whimpered, her bottom lip trembling. "But Swain is more important."

Guy was so shocked, he didn't even notice that Longthorn was there until he exclaimed, "Seize the boy."

"What?!"

Two men grabbed him by the arms and dragged him to where Linda was, she of which was lying down and trying to move her foot, but ended up shouting in pain. Lord Locksley's eyes widened and he shoed away someone.

"Don't just stand there! Somebody get a physician!"

Ghislaine pushed through everyone, trying to see what was going on. She gasped when she saw the girl. "Let me see her. I can help."

"No, Swain needs your help, Lady Ghislaine."

Longthorn scoffed. "You see?" he bellowed, pointing at Guy. "You see what his stupid prank has done?"

"It wasn't his fault, shut it, Longthorn!" Linda yelled, but ended up gritting her teeth and whimpering instead.

"I didn't do it," Guy defended.

"Well, who did?"

Guy and Linda looked at Robin, he of which was quiet and pale. He shook his head and didn't. "It wasn't me."

"Of course it wasn't, Master Robin, you wouldn't fire at your own father."

"Rubbish!" yelled the girl again, though it was quiet.

Robin shook his head again. "No. I swear."

Longthorn pointed at Guy. "He fired the arrow that caused the Lord Vaisey's daughter's injuries, as well as the priest," he accused. "He's a murderer!"

"He didn't!" "I didn't!" yelled Linda and Guy at the same time.

Longthorn pulled out the arrow from the wheel. "Eh? One of yours, Master Guy?"

"How dare you!" shouted Ghislaine.

"It's not a question of daring, but duty," snapped Longthorn. "As Bailiff, it's my job to uphold the law."

"You're corrupt," Linda retorted, standing up with the help of Ghislaine and Lord Locksley. She winced, but hopped over to Guy. "He's innocent."

"I warn you only to hold the boy," threatened Lord Locksley. "Any further action, and you will have me to answer to."

"What?! No!" exclaimed Ghislaine and Linda, and the girl tightened her grip on his sleeve.

"He will only be charged if Swain dies," Lord Locksley promised.

"Get him to the manor," Ghislaine decided. "Get him to the manor quickly."

So they picked him up and rushed him to the manor. Guy got the two men to let go of him, and he picked Linda up. She shrieked, but nonetheless let him and put her arms loosely around his neck as he walked away from the sight.

"There's no need to be heroic," she teased, her voice hoarse.

"I just don't want you walking on it," he said honestly.

She smiled and tilted her head to the side. "I'll be all right," she told him softly. "It's just my ankle, and it doesn't even hurt that bad. But we should probably get to the manor."

But before Guy could redirect himself and go to the manor, two men grabbed him and made him drop her. He struggled, but his captures were stronger. She screamed his name, but it didn't do anything. Robin—who was watching from afar and was still shocked—jumped and ran to the girl, hauling her from the ground.

"They're going to hang him, and we don't have the authority to stop him!" she cried, tears forming in her eyes.

"I'll go get my father," he told her, and then ran off. Two minutes later, Robin's father came running out, and he knelt in front of her

"What happened?"

"G-Guy and I were talking... h-he was worried about my ankle, being the person he is...." She shook her head, panicking. "Then they grabbed him and dragged him away, and I couldn't do anything. They're at the hanging sight."

"Right." He looked to his son. "Robin, look after your friend."

"No way, we're coming with you!" the teens yelled at the same time.

Lord Locksley groaned and muttered to himself, running off and waving them over. Robin and Linda exchanged a look before chasing after him—well, Linda hobbled after him, more than anything, and Robin had to pull her along. They got to the sight just in time, too. A crowd was surrounding the podium, and Isabella was just standing there, crying like crazy. Guy just stood there on the podium, hands bound before him, and he looked sad. The two guys and Linda cut through the crowd. Longthorn was circling around, speaking to everyone.

"Did you see the way she declared herself 'Lady of the Manor'?" he asked, and everyone nodded and murmured in agreement. "She has no right to this estate. Like an eye for an eye, boy must hang." Everyone gasped and talked some more.

"Stop!" Linda crier, and everyone looked at the three that were making an entrance. Isabella approached Linda and shook her shoulders.

"Have you all taken leave of your senses?" demanded Lord Locksley, also glaring at Longthorn. "If you do this, then you will have to answer for it."

"We must all pay for our actions, my lord," Longthorn said coldly.

"You were told not to harm my friend," Linda snapped.

"True. But now I feel compelled by the will of the people."

"That's a load of rubbish!"

A horse neighed, along with hooves pounding. A few people looked back, but the four nobles didn't falter for a moment.

"And they want justice to that end." The executioner put a bag over Guy's head, and he didn't bother to fight him.

"Then you force my hand," Lord Locksley growled through gritted teeth, and he charged forward. Longthron pulled out his knife a fraction of an inch.

"Stop!" demanded a man in white with a red cross plastered on the front. He had shabby black hair and a thick black beard. He seemed to be about forty-five, with stormy brown eyes and wrinkles. "I command you to stop!"

"On who's authority?" Longthorn snapped.

"The King's, as he made me Lord of this manor," said the man as he cut through the crowd. Linda gasped. "I am Sir Roger of Gisborne, this boy's father."

"No."

"What, you doubt my word?" demanded Sir Roger.

"We thought you dead, Father," whispered Isabella, blinking repeatedly.

"I was captured, not killed." He motioned for Longthorn to get out of his way. "Out of my way."

"I cannot do that." He drew his knife and pointed it at Sir Roger. "As Bailiff, I must uphold the law."

"You are no longer Bailiff. Out of my way."

Sir Roger moved, and Longthorn dug the knife through his hand. Lord Locksley grabbed him and threw him out of the way, staring at the bloodied knife through the hand. The crowd gasped, and Isabella whimpered. Sir Roger blinked and looked at it, then pulled it out like it was nothing. Longthorn moved back.

"You will never hold office again as long as I am Lord of this manor," Sir Roger said in a scolding tone. He threw the knife to the floor. Isabella and Linda moved to free Guy. Isabella ripped off his bag and held her brother tightly, while Linda used the knife that Longthorn used to cut Guy free, helping him down the podium before also squeezing his neck and giving him a whiplash.

"He will live!" cried Ghislaine as she cut through the already parted crowd. "Swain will live!" She paused and looked momentarily shocked when she saw his should-be-dead husband and looked him up and down. "Roger. They told..." She trailed off.

"I was captured," he explained. "There was no way to get word to you."

Ghislaine took two steps forward. "Captured? Did they hurt you?"

Sir Roger didn't answer. Instead, he walked away and brushed past Ghislaine. "We must talk at once Ghislaine."

The crowd murmured once more, staring at Longthorn, but Guy and Linda were shooting daggers at Robin. He gulped and looked down at the ground ashamed.

And he should've felt ashamed.

*****

"I was truly sorry for that night," Robin said quietly. "It was a mistake which I learned from."

Guy raised his brow and slowly turned to look at the outlaw.

"And it was one that made me a better man."

It was then that Robin decided to get deep and talk about how his father and him were sitting at his mother's grave, and then Robin confessed. "My father told me then that I had to take responsibility and grow up, and he told me that although I might be the best shot in England, I have to learn to take responsibility for my actions."

Guy rolled his eyes. "Aw. How touching." His voice dripped with sarcasm, and he wriggled around some more. "Look, I really don't see the point of any of this," he said through gritted teeth.

"You need to know the truth to save a life," the raspy voiced man said. "Gisborne, the night your father came back from the Holy Land, he was kept in your house because your mother had to take care of him."

"I know, I was there," growled Guy.

"Yet he never left the house, and your mother was becoming more anxious and troubled everyday. For a week, this went on, until your mother left the house late at night to meet with your father, Robin. A week they went without seeing each other, but it was then that your father, Robin, declared Roger a leper, and he was right. But there was something else. Gisborne, your mother, Ghislaine... she was pregnent with child. And it was not your fathers child, it was yours, Robin. It was Malcolm Locksley's."

Robin frowned and shook his head. "More lies."

"There was never any child."

The hooded man sighed and stood up from his boulder, unsheathing a small dagger with a rusty but sharp tip. Guy panicked, as did Robin.

"W-what are you doing?" he stammered, scooting back.

"If you think me a liar, then there is no point in you being here," he answered.

Guy blinked, his voice wavering. "Are you going to kill me with no means to defend myself?" he demanded, then swallowed when the man neared him. "Well, I expected nothing less from you — Bailiff Longthorn!"

He readied himself for the killing blow, but was surprised when instead to killing him, the man simply cut his bonds. Guy blinked once and then scrambled, uniting the bonds that held his legs together. The man did the same thing to Robin, and he stood. Guy was close to bolting, but the man stopped the two of them.

"Hear my story or walk away," he challenged. "But if you do, your brother will die. Do you want that on your consciences?"

That stopped Guy and Robin from moving. Guy huffed and craned his head toward Robin, who was also looking at him warily. They had a mental conversation through facial expressions.

I have to find her!

If this is about our brother, then we have to listen.

But there was never any child.

Gisborne, we can't take that risk.

Guy frowned, then sighed in defeat and nodded, sitting back down. Robin joined him.

"Keep talking."

*****

She couldn't sleep. She wouldn't sleep. The nerves and the worry kept her awake, that and her ankle still hurt. It wasn't bad, thanks to the wrap and the ice, and the care Ghislaine had shown for her, but it still bothered her. So she sat near the window, her head resting on the wall, just staring.

"Can't sleep?" Guy whispered from his bed.

She shook her head. "I haven't been able to sleep for quite a while, Guy," Linda whispered back.

Guy sighed and carefully left the bed, not wanting to wake his sister with all the noise. He approached his friend and sat on the other side. "You look troubled," he mused.

Linda tilted her head to the side. "And what makes you say that?"

Guy smirked. "It's not that hard to tell," he admitted. "Come on, what's on your mind?"

Linda sighed and looked down at her fumbling fingers. "I just... I'm just worried."

Guy frowned. "What for? You've got nothing to worry about."

She scoffed. "Let me rephrase that: I'm worried for your father."

Guy paled. "W-why?"

Linda's eyebrow raised like she wasn't amused. "Don't tell me you don't know."

Guy swallowed. "How did you know?"

She scoffed again. "I'm not just some stupid girl, Guy."

His tone of voice became softer. "Yeah, I know you're not."

Linda sighed and just barely raised her head to look at him. "I knew for some while," she admitted. "I had a feeling that he would turn into one when I first met you." Her voice grew quiet. "And now my fear has come to life."

Guy was about to say something, but the sudden pounding of the front door made the two teens jump. Even Isabella woke up and shot out of her bed. The three of them exchanged looks at each other before rushing out of their room to see what was happening, stopping halfway down the stairs. Longthorn, Swain, and Malcolm were there at the front, the door wide open. Ghislaine was with Sir Roger, and she seemed to be crying.

"Sir Roger, I think you know why we're here," Swain said carefully.

Sir Roger gulped and stood following the men out. Linda quickly threw on a jacket and her boots, while Isabella and Guy took the time to take ten minutes to actually change from their sleeping attire. After they were all ready, they stepped out side and followed Roger, he of which was walking almost absentmindedly, a cowbell that jingled while he walked around his neck. There was a huge crowd surrounding him, but his family was behind him, as well as Robin and Malcolm. They all walked the path, until they reached the graveyard, where a dug up grave was waiting for him.

"Oh, will you not show him mercy?" pleaded Ghislaine, soon glaring at Swain. "I saved your life!"

"I'm sorry," he said quietly. "This is God's will."

Roger glanced at Ghislaine before jumping in the deep grave, almost falling over. He turned around to face everyone, saddening when he saw Ghislaine sobbing quietly. Linda looked away and squeezed her eyes shut, mouthing the words that Swain was saying.

"Roger of Gisbore, you are a leper, and as such, you are to be cast out from the society of others."

"No, don't let them do this," pleaded Guy to his mother.

"Guy, you must act like a man and not a child," Roger scolded from the grave. "Do not shame me."

Guy looked down at the ground, his fists clenched. Linda looked down at his hand and slowly got him to undo his fist, intertwining their fingers instead. He gave her a thankful squeeze, and she looked at him sadly.

"From this day forward, you are deemed unclean," announced Swain. "Do you understand?"

Roger hesitated, but soon nodded. "I do."

Swain loooked back at Ghislaine. "As his wife, you may go with him," he told her. "Or you could declare yourself a widow and be free of your impediment."

"Impediment?" demanded Ghislaine. "He is my husband!"

"Ghislaine, you must set an example for the children," Roger cut in.

Ghislaine seemed lost and confused. Her bottom lip trembled, and her mind reeled. Roger gave her a look that said everything was going to be fine.

"Do you declare?" Swain asked.

Ghislaine nodded. "Yes," she answered, her voice breaking. "From today, I am a widow."

"Very well," Swain said, satisfied that he had finally gotten an answer. "Roger of Gisborne, I forbid you to enter any church, market, tavern, or any assembly of people. I forbid you to eat or drink from any vessel but your own. I forbid you to touch any child. Now you  must leave this place."

Roger sighed and looked around. The grave was too deep, and it was impossible to get out on his own. He tried a few times, but ended up failing once or twice. Sensing this trouble, Malcolm moved to the grave and held out a hand. Roger gratefully took it, muttering something to Malcolm before glancing at his family one last time, then walked away.

"Father," called Guy. He started to run after him, but Malcolm pushed him back, thus stopping him from going after his father.

"Get off me!" Guy yelled, pushing Robin's father off him. "You did this. I'll never forgive you."

Malcolm only stared at the boy, and Guy glared at him. Then he turned on his heel and spun away, his family plus Linda following him back to the manor.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

5.6K 231 13
Ruelle Hood, Robin Hoods younger sister has to leave Locksley and seek protection under the orders of King Uther. Her brother being the reasoning of...
210K 9.7K 38
A man named Odysseus Hall, from the hood, meets a multi-millionaire named Devoreaux Carter, one day while driving home from work. Feeling tired, Odys...
24.2K 876 50
Returning to Nottingham after 11 years away, Roana of Locksley is keen to reconnect with her older brother, Robin. But he has been outlawed, reinvent...
2.8K 71 25
A Sir Guy of Gisborne story. Loosely based on the BBC story of Robin Hood, using characters that I have grown attached to. I own no rights to the BBC...