The Death of Joker | unOrdina...

By RainielCatapang7

John has been confronted by Sera and calls him out about being Joker. After a few days Sera ignores John to w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - John and Doc talk
Chapter 2 - Sera gets her answer part 1
Chapter 4 - Goodbye?
Chapter 5 - Aftermath
Chapter 6 - Realization
A/N
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
πŸŽ‰10kπŸŽ‰
I got tagged
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Announcement...
Chapter 18
Question Poll
Chosen Answers
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 - John
Chapter 22 - What happened pt. 1
Announcement
Chapter 23 - What happened pt. 2
Chapter 24 - What happened pt. 3
Chapter 25 - What happened pt. 4
Chapter 26 - What happened pt. 5
Chapter 27 - Return
Chapter 28 - Back
A/N: Hiatus
I'm Back
Q/A
Chapter 29 - Going back to School

Chapter 3 - Sera gets her answer part 2

7.6K 165 254
By RainielCatapang7

Previously on chapter 2

"So the reason why John is like that, was because of you?" Blyke says to Arlo, surprised.

______________________________________

3rd Person POV

"Wow, isn't this interesting." Sera says sarcastically. "Aren't you supposed to be happy, now that John followed your order."

"So it really is your fault why he became Joker! When I talked to John, he told me about what you did to him. Why?" Remi says to Arlo.

"I just wanted him to act his rank." Arlo says trying to defend himself, while looking down with a frown on his face.

Seraphina shot back. "Does it matter if he didn't want to act his rank! Do you think there was a reason why John didn't want to get involve with the hierarchy!"

While Sera was shouting at Arlo. All he could do was stand there doing nothing.

"Wow, now you're gonna act like John when I confronted him about being Joker? Just standing there doing nothing?" Sera says

"Wait, you confronted John about being Joker?" Remi says surprised

"*sigh* yes, I confronted him, the same day you guys were beaten by him." Sera says to Remi

Due to Remi's curiosity, she asked. "What was his reaction when you knew about him being Joker."

"The same way what Arlo is doing now. Doing nothing, just standing there, not answering when given a question"  Sera says to Arlo while giving him a glare.

All Arlo could do was stand there. Doing nothing. "..."

Due to Arlo's lack of response. Sera lost her patience and decided to move on. "*sigh* since you won't answer, then let's move on to someone else. Who wants to go next?" Sera asks, to which Remi answered.

"I'll go." Remi says, to which Sera nodded for her to go.

"Ok, the first time I talked to him was when you were suspended. And it looks like Arlo's plan was working at that time." Remi says, while Sera gave Arlo a glare.

"He was getting bullied alot that time and he was not happy about it. I decided to help him out. But when I helped him, he thought I was going to bully him or at least that's what I know. So he panicked and slapped me." Remi says

"That's all I know at that time. I think he has some trust issues." Remi says to everyone.

'Yeah, especially after what happened at that time.' Isen thought, thinking about the event at New Bostin

"He slapped you! Why would he do that? You were only trying to help him." Elaine said in an irritated tone.

At this point Blyke spoke up as well. "Tch, that memory still makes me angry." Blyke says irritated about that event.

"Guys, calm down. He was getting bullied remember, he was treated as trash at that time. He was also probably really pissed off." Remi says trying to calm down Elaine and Blyke.

"He also apologized afterwards, remember Blyke? You just cut him off and didn't believe him." Remi says to Blyke.

"Grrr... Alright, fine. I'll believe you for now." Blyke answers, irritated.

Now continuing where she left off, Remi began to speak again. "Now, where was I? Ah, right. After that event, we just decided to leave him alone and never talk to him. That's how it was." Remi says, to which Sera questions her.

"Alright, but how did you guys know about John being Joker?"

"When you were kidnapped. We got news that Isen was beat up by a masked individual with multiple abilities. So we went to the infirmary to see if he was there or not."

"Mhmm" Sera nodded

"After that, we decided to find out who was Joker and why he did that to Isen."

"Mhmm" Sera nodded

"Thanks to Isen and Blyke. We were able to find out who Joker was. So we decided to get a closer look and investigated him. We found out that he was working with Cecile."

"Cecile? Really?" Sera questions Remi.

"Yeah, we just don't know why." Remi answers Sera.

"Okay then, anything else?" Sera ask Remi, to which Remi answers her.

"Yeah, there's still more. After that, I decided to have a civil chat with John. And that's where I find that the system of the school is not great." Remi says, to which Sera questions "How?"

"John showed me how us High tiers use our powers for granted. We use our powers to ensure that we stay at the top. While low tiers were getting beaten up for no reason at all. And we just do nothing to stop the bullying." Remi says, to which everyone in the room felt guilty about what's happening with the school.

"That's why John targeted the hierarchy." Arlo says, which caughts everyones attention.

"Woah, nice of you to join our conversation." Sera says to Arlo. While Arlo just gives her a blank stare.

"Anyways, after you guys had talked to each other. What happens next?" Sera questions Remi.

"I left and just got ready for the fight we would have, then you already know what happens next." Remi says ending her side of the story.

"Ok, thanks for sharing your side of the story, Remi." Sera says, thanking her for the information she just received.

"Now, who's next?" Sera asks, then Blyke answered.

"I'll go." Blyke says to which Sera answers. "Ok then, go ahead." confirming Blyke to tell his side of the story.

"Ok, I didn't really see him directly, but it was when Isen was searching him up. He showed me photos of John back in the day." Blyke says, to which Elaine suddenly spoke to Isen.

"Hey, why were you searching up his photos, hmmmm( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)?" Elaine says in a seducing way, then suddenly the others started laughing about Isen's reaction.

Isen was able to utter words outside his mouth but was stuttering and blushing as red as a tomato.

"W-W-WHAT A-ARE Y-YOU TALKING A-ABOUT?! I-I W-WAS ORDERED B-BY A-ARLO TO S-SEARCH HIM UP!"

After everyone stopped laughing. Sera spoke up and told to go on with the story.

"Alright, alright just go on with the story, Blyke." Sera says between breaths.

"Ha...ha..haa, alright. I don't know what Isen will do with the photos but I decided to just ignore him because it wasn't my business." Blyke says

"Go on." Sera says

"After about a few days later. I was finally able to see John. Like what Remi says, he was getting bullied so she decided to help him, but then he just suddenly slapped her."

"So you and Remi were together at the time?" Sera ask Blyke

"Yeah, at that moment. I got angry so I shot a beam at his head."

"Woah, seriously? A beam towards his head? That was a bit overkill. Why didn't you calm down first? It's not like he did it on purpose, right?" Sera says

"Yeah, you're right. Remi was right, he did apologize. But I was really angry, so I didn't listen." Blyke says, feeling guilty about what he did.

"After that, we heard about the rumors that Arlo was defeated. I didn't believe it at the time, but Isen did. I should've believed it at the time." Blyke says, mentally cursing himself that he didn't believe it.

"Hey Blyke, it's okay. No one could've known. We thought Arlo was strong. So we didn't believe the rumor of him being defeated. It's not your fault." Remi says cheering up Blyke.

"Thanks... Remi. Now then, after John moved to the dorms. We didn't like each other but Isen told me to be friendly with him. So I tried being his friend but he just keeps on ignoring me." Blyke says.

"The next day when me and Isen were hanging out. We saw John's body laying outside the dorms beaten up. Isen was insistent with helping John, so we decided to help him." Blyke says.

"Why was his body laying outside? Who beaten him up?" Sera asks.

"Probably Zeke and his goons." Isen says.

"Ugh, I don't like that guy. Talks like he owns the place and stronger than anyone else. Hello, me and Isen are here." Blyke says, irritated.

"After he woke up though. He was really annoying." Blyke says.

"Isen was being friendly to him and even apologized about what he did to John, but he just ignored his apology and told us to get out." Blyke says, irritated.

"After going outside. I asked Isen, why he's helping him even though he has a bad attitude. Then I accused him of why he was scared around John. But he didn't answer and left."

"In the next few days, I tried being really friendly to him. But he still ignores me. I even said sorry, so we can start over being friends."

"And he still ignores you? Sera asks Blyke.

"Yeah, after that, he beaten up Isen. So we decided to investigate him. We knew one thing about his ability. He can copy other abilites." Blyke says.

"So that's why he has similar abilities when he fought you guys." Sera says

"Not only that, the abilities that he copied is more stronger than the original users' and he can combine them to make devastating attacks."

"Then in the next few days, it was my turn to get beat up. I didn't know why he chased after me, but I fought back, but still lost to him. But after the fight with Joker and me completely healed. John arrives back to his dorm, so I decided to welcome him back. But when I saw him, that's when it hits me. If Joker doesn't have any abilities copied, wouldn't that make him technically a cripple. And John is a cripple."

"Then I decided to talk to Remi and Isen about it. Isen told us the truth about John being Joker."

"So we investigated more on John and who he is. So Isen volunteered to stalk John." Blyke says.

"Hey, don't call it stalking." Isen intervened

"Yeah, yeah, whatever dude." Blyke says before continuing.

"So Isen went to John but got beat up and that's when Remi decided to have a talk with him and then you already know what happens next when you listened to Remi's story." Blyke says finishing his story.

"Ok, thanks Blyke, appreciate it." Sera says, thanking Blyke for sharing his side of the story."

"Now then, who's next? Elaine? Want to share yours?" Sera says to Elaine.

"U-uhm, o-okay. My story is not really that important. But you guys may already know about it. It was when John transferred here, to our school. Then I decided to welcome him and ask what his ability is. Then you may already know what happened."

"You pushed him to the floor just because he was acting cripple?" Sera asks.

"Y-yeah." Elaine admits, feeling regret and scared about what she just did.

"After that, I ignored him because of what I thought he was." Elaine says

"Then a month after your suspension, Arlo called me to go to turf wars. I didn't know why, but then my question was answered by him, Ventus, and Meili all beaten up. He asked me to heal them up, but then you called me to go to John's house. Before leaving, Arlo told me to keep everything I saw a secret." Elaine says.

"After going to John's house, that's when you asked me to heal him up. While you were away, unpacking your stuff, I was healing him, but that's when I saw his injuries and started piecing everything together. I panicked knowing that he was capable of beating Arlo. And when he knew that I realized what he was capable of, he threatened me to keep it a secret. And then I left." Elaine says shivering while thinking of John's cold gaze.

Remi notices Elaine shivering with fear. So she decides to calm her down and assure her that John is not here.

"So that's why you left without saying goodbye." Sera says.

"So is that all?" Sera asks Elaine.

"Y-yeah." Elaine says

"Ok then, thanks for sharing your story." Sera says, thanking Elaine.

"S-sure." Elaine says

"And last but not least, Isen. It's your turn." Sera says to Isen.

"Okie dokie." Isen says cheerfully.

"It's the time when Arlo asked me to search everything I can find about John. So I decided to observe him first and ask the student's opinions of him. They all say how he just bluffs his way out, not fighting his own battles, and runs away scared, but from one of my observations. That's not what I saw. He had full confidence in what he was doing." Isen says.

"So I decided to get more information out of him, by interviewing him."

"What questions did you asks him?" Remi ask."

"First I asked simple questions about what's it's like being a cripple. But then, after I got deeper and asked about his past. He got angry and super defensive. He even pulled a complete 180 and attacked me. But that's when. I... crushed..... his........wrist." Isen says, being confident at first but then sweating hard after he said the last part.

"Really Isen? I heard it from John personally about what you did, but why? Why did you do that?" Remi says to Isen, showing him that what he did was wrong.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry." Isen says now feeling guilty.

"Why are you apologizing to me for? Apologize to John. In fact, after this is done. All of us are going to apologize to John because of what we did." Remi says, which received groans everywhere.

"Oh man" Isen says.

"Ughhhh" Blyke groans.

"E-eh?" Elaine muttered.

"..." while Arlo just keeps quiet.

While the royals, Isen, and Elaine were giving their reactions. Sera was just in the corner, stifling a laugh from coming out.

'*giggle*, their reactions are priceless.' Sera thought, while stifling a laugh.

"Alright, continue the story, Isen." Sera says

"R-right. Anyway, after I left John with the interview. I only received one information out of him. He said he was from New Bostin." Isen says, to which Sera and Elaine got surprised.

"New Bostin? Isn't that place really far away from here?" Sera questions

"Yeah?" Elaine says

"Why transfer here?" Sera questions, while Arlo remains quiet.

"After that, I searched for New Bostin in the internet, to which I got a photo of the school there. Ah, wait here." Is what Isen says before leaving.

The royals and the others waited for a few minutes for Isen to arrive back. He was carrying a folder which contains the photo of John's class in his old school and his old school transcript. Which was really familiar for the Royals except for Sera and Elaine.

"Here is a photo of his old class two years ago." Isen says before showing the others a photo.

"And if you look closely, there's John, right in the middle." Isen says, pointing at the black haired boy at the middle.

"Wow, that's John? He looks really similar to his state right now." Elaine said

"Y-yeah." Sera says surprised about how John looks like.

'So this is what John looked like before. Elaine is right, he does look like how he is now.' Sera thoughts before being interrupted by Isen holding another paper.

"So this is the main information I found about John, which I honestly wish I never found." Isen says with a serious face.

After handing over the paper. Sera was shocked at what she was seeing. She couldn't believe it at all, but after witnessing the Joker event, she knew what she's holding, is true.

"What?! He's that strong?!" Sera exclaims

"Yeah, and he was King of his old school as well." Isen says, to which Sera and Elaine was surprised.

"Guys, you heard this already?!" Sera asks the royals, to which they all just gave a simple nod.

"Even though he was the King. He was a terrible one. He was a tyrant, selfish, cold, aggressive... yet more powerful than anyone else. That's what he was. A monster nobody could contain." Isen says

"But, how did he get expelled? What did he do?" Sera ask.

"He beaten up his class for an 'unexplained reason'." Isen says, doing air quotes.

After hearing this, everyone was completely silent, not being able to utter a single word out of their mouth.

"After I found out his history. I decided to tail him around school to prevent him from reverting back to his old state. But I was too late. Then the rest of my story is told by the others." Isen says, pointing towards the others, who told their story.

"I-I can't believe it. He was like that?" Elaine says while shivering from the coldness of John.

"Do you still plan on saving him?" Arlo questions sera, to which she replies. "I-I don't know."

"Hey! Hey! Hold your horses! There's still more." Isen says, catching the attention of the others.

"After his expulsion, an entire year was missing from his history. I couldn't find anything on him until he enrolled here." Isen says

"But I remember my first impression on him when he introduced himself. He seemed like your average air-head. Naive, stupid. Like he had no idea how the world works." Isen says

"Now, that you mention it. He was like that." Blyke says

"What was your first impression on him, Sera and Elaine?" Isen ask.

"My first impression on him, is that he is easygoing." Sera says.

"I thought he was friendly. So I tried to befriend him." Elaine says.

"See, his personality is really different from what he was before." Isen says

"In that entire year, it's as if he's completely reformed. Something in that year gap changed him. I can tell that he regretted what he did in the past. So he tried to turn over a new leaf and enrolled himself as a cripple and stayed away from hierarchy. To prevent what he did from happening again." Isen says, to which everyone looks at Arlo.

"What?" Arlo questions

"That was until you tried to bring him back." Isen says.

"You know, none of the Joker event could've happened if you just left him alone in the first place. But you didn't even listen to me when I told you to leave him alone." Isen says, frustrated at the former King's actions.

"Alright, I'm sorry. I should've just left him alone. All of this is happening because of me. I'll take full responsibility." Arlo says

"Ok guys, is that all?" Sera asks everyone in the room.

"Yep/Yes/Yeah." Everyone in the room said.

"Ok, then. Thank you, I appreciate you guys for telling John's history." Sera says .

"Wait." Arlo says, before asking Sera a question.

"What about you?"

"Hm? What about me?" Sera says.

"Are you going to tell your story? I want to know how you guys became friends." Arlo asks, to which Sera replies.

"Ehhh? Is it really that important?" Sera says.

"Actually, I too want to know your story. If you're doing all this to save John, then I want to know." Remi says.

"*sigh* alright then. We first talked to each other when he was getting bullied in an alleyway. Well, I didn't really talked to him. he called me for help but I just ignored him. He didn't take it well and got mad at me."

"Well of course he'll get mad. He asked for help and you just ignored him." Remi says, nagging Seraphina.

"Hey, c'mon. We're now friends.... Actually.... I don't know if we are still friends." Sera says while feeling guilty about what she said to John."

"Why is that?" Elaine asks.

"Awhile ago he was trying to say sorry, but in my anger, I called him a monster." Sera says.

"Ouch, that's gotta hurt." Blyke says

"Who won't get hurt when their friend just called them a monster?" Isen says.

"I feel bad for him now." Remi says.

"Yeah, me too." Elaine says.

"I'm going to apologize to him later. I just hope that he will forgive me." Sera says.

"Anyways, continue the story." Isen says, motioning Sera to continue

"Alright, the first time we really talked to each other was when we were at the cafeteria. He had a triple chocolate cake. So I asked him to give it to me, but instead of giving it to me, he dropped it. So I sent him to the infirmary."

"Well, it's not like your any different from the bullies." Arlo says

"Shut up." Sera says.

"After he came back from the infirmary, the teacher grouped us for a group project. We didn't like that, but we still worked on the project."

"Well that's really akward. You just sent him to the infirmary and you guys were grouped together." Isen says.

"In that time of us being grouped together, John taught me something. You guys already know about the gossiping, right?" Sera says.

"Yeah, I mean that's all the students ever does." Blyke says.

"Just happened to me awhile ago." Arlo says.

"Before, I wanted to be perfect at everything because of people's expectations. But John told me to live my life the way I want it to be. Don't care about what other people think. Do things that make me happy and be myself." Sera says

"Wow, John seems like a really good person at the time." Remi says.

"That was until Arlo confronted him." Isen says.

"Can you just drop that. I already said I'm sorry." Arlo says.

"We're still going to say sorry to John after this." Remi says.

"Damn it, I thought you already forgotten about it." Blyke says.

"Nope, you're going to say sorry about blasting his head. Isen, for crushing his wrist. Elaine, for pushing him. And Arlo, about everything you did to him.

"Ughhhhhh." Everyone groans.

"What about you? What are going to apologize for?" Blyke questions Remi.

"I'm going to apologize for not being able to prevent the bullying." Remi says.

"Ok then, let's focus on the story." Isen says.

"Anyways, after that, we started to hang out more and more to the point of us being best friends. We hang out on the roof, go for Boba, play games. All the things that best friends would do." Sera says with a smile on her face.

"Eventually, I went to his house for us to go to the mall. After we went to the mall, we went back to his house. After returning to his house, that's where I found the book." Sera says.

"Book? What book?" Remi says

"Unordinary." Sera says

"So that's where you found it. Why does he even have that?" Arlo says.

"Well it is his book. The book was dedicated to John. His father wrote it."

"What?! Really?!" Remi exclaims.

"Yeah." Sera says.

"Eventually, Elaine found out I had the book. So I tried to talk to John about it, in the rooftop." Sera says.

"I'm sorry." Elaine says.

"Hey, like I said, It's okay. Someone else would've found it out eventually."

"After we discussed about the book. He asked me about what I think about it. He didn't take my answer really well." Sera says, while stifling a laugh.

"What was your answer?" Elaine asks.

"I thought it was a bit absurd."

"Wow, really? Remi says.

"Yeah, and he was about to leave after he heard that. But I stopped him and asked his opinions about the book."

"What was his response? Actually before you answer that. What's the story in the book?" Isen asks.

"The story is about a man with superpowers in a world of cripples. Even though he was the most powerful, he still listened to others. John really admired him. He thinks that people, even the weakest ones have something valuable to offer. He really appreciated the people that was working to make it a reality, the superheroes I mean. He even said he wanted to be a superhero."

"What?! He wanted to be a superhero?!" Remi exclaims

"I'll say what he exactly said. 'If I were qualified, I'd join them one-hundred percent.' That's what he said." Sera says.

"We should've asked him if he wanted to join us. We would've beaten Volcan if he was there with us."

"Sure, but is that a good idea? What if he turns on us?" Blyke says.

"Not only that, he was really unstable at that time. He might go on a rampage." Isen says.

"Wait, you guys were superheroes? Sera asks.

"Nope, only Remi. Were only backup." Isen says.

"Okay then, after the Headmaster found out I had the book. I was suspended for a month. You guys know that. But I didn't listen and went back here. But since I'm not allowed on school grounds. I stayed with John's place for a few days. I even met John's dad."

"Woah, what was he like?" Isen says.

"He's actually really cool. He has his hair gelled like John." Sera says

"Really? How many bottles of hair gel do they even use? Their hair is going to be greasy as f***." Isen says

"Must be a crap ton if their hair is that greasy." Blyke says

"Anyways, I asked him why he created the book and dedicate it to John. He said that John was troubled kid in the past. I didn't know what he meant by that. But now I know why."

"Well long story short, after my suspension. I lost my ability, John and me still hang out, word get out that I don't have an ability, I get kidnapped, and the Joker event happens."

"Ok then, that will be all." Sera says

Once they were finished with the discussion, they all started to leave but Remi had a question for Sera.

"Hey Seraphina, you're still going to talk to John?"

"Of course I am. It's not his fault why he became like that. It's the society's."
______________________________________

Holy God, finally I'm done. Took me about a few days to finish this chapter. While others take about a day to finish a 4000 word chapter, man, I suck. Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. The next chapter is where the main event is going to happen, so stay tuned if you want to find out what's going to happen in the next chapter. Btw, if you guys wanna know if I ship Jisen, No I don't. Just wanted to put that in for some laughs. And Btw, the photos that I used here is not mine. That's all, see ya~

-RC7

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

851K 39.6K 169
π’Šπ’ π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
950K 31.6K 58
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
176K 3.9K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ΰͺœβ€βž΄ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 π‹πˆπŠπ„ .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
1.5M 48K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...