Chapter 26 - What happened pt. 5

3rd Person POV

Today is the day that John will train to become stronger. It was daytime and John was currently out in town, contemplating whether he should train his ability only, his fighting technique, or both.

'Hmmm, which should I train? My ability only, my fighting technique, or both? I feel like my ability is already good the way it is. Or is it? I don't know...' John thoughts as he was walking down the street, on a sidewalk.

While John was busy with his thought, he accidently bumped into a person.

"Hey!" the person says in a grumpy tone.

"Ah, sorry." John apologized.

"You watch where you're going." The person says, as they walked away.

Once the person was gone, John spoke up again.

"I said I was sorry, geez." John says.

After he does so, he looked around and took in his surroundings. There were obviously other people around him, many vehicles passing by, etc... But there was one thing that he noticed.

John was standing in front of a book store. At the front of it was the door, obviously. And there were also books that were displayed at the front display.

John tried to view the books, but the sun's rays made it hard to look through the glass. So he cupped his hands and put it on the glass pane that was separating him and the books. He was now able to view the books without the glare of the sun.

Viewing the books, he found one that stood out from the rest of the displayed books. A book that will help him train to become stronger.

"Everything About Abilities"

"Huh, that's convenient." John says as he looked at the book through the glass.

John then went into the store. He picked up the book that he saw on the display. Once he picked it up, he saw a sticker stuck on the front cover.

"Display only. If you wish to buy this certain book, please find the book at the book aisle."

"Hm, okay then." John says before putting the book back at it's display.

John then walked through the aisle filled with books. He walked section through section, looked at every sign, looked at the letters alphabetically. After a few minutes of searching, he finally found the book.

"Finally." John says with a huff.

John took the book out of the shelf and opened it. He went to the book's table of contents, which had the following.

-History of abilities
-How abilities work
-Types of abilities
-Etc...
-Ways to level up your ability

"Okay, that's really convenient." John says, skipping through everything and going to the page that he needed to level up.

There he saw the ways to level up each types of abilities. So he decided that he would buy the book.

'Alright, this will help me level up. Let's go buy this thing.' John thoughts as started going towards the cashier.

But then he remembered that this is only a book for abilities. He then started thinking if there was a book for fighting.