The Choices We Make

By MielSalva

Dion James Lorenzo is the best HR Consultant in his team. To reward his hard work, he is allowed to use up hi... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Author's Notes

Chapter 11

29 4 1
By MielSalva

DJ

They had reached a new level of intimacy, DJ thought happily to himself.

It had been three days since Yanna invited him to share her bed every night. He was all too elated to indulge her and relished in the feeling of her sleeping against him. A couple of times, they would both wake up laughing, at the same time with Jaydee cooing and asking to nurse, because something was straining against his pants. 

But for now, he’d be content with her in his fantasies and taking care of it by himself if the cold shower couldn’t deal with his erection. He was afraid, however, that if all this holding back could lead to another baby. Which was a deal-breaker. According to his research, CS operation needed two to three years to be healed completely before the mother could bear a child again. He didn’t want Yanna going through the risk.

One year, he told himself repeatedly. Or six months if he was lucky. 

He had not heard Jaydee cooing yet. But he felt Yanna stir against him. In her sleep, she turned to face him and nuzzled his neck. His eyes flew open.

Goosebumps broke through his skin and he felt a part of him stiffen.

One of her palms moved to his jaw, the side farther from her. DJ looked down at her.

Yanna was awake. Perhaps half-awake. But her hooded eyes spoke volumes of heat, he could feel and smell it off her skin.

DJ gulped and tried to move the part of him that’s aching, straining, wanting for more, away from her. But then she pulled his jaw down and their lips met for a tentative kiss.

At the contact, they moaned at the same time and that did it for him.

He repositioned himself for better access to her. And his hands automatically moved to feel, to relearn and remaster every curve and plane of her body under her clothes he had missed all those long and lonely months.

And it seemed she felt the same way too. Judging by the urgency of her kisses, and her moans that sounded like she wanted more.

But then she hissed. A sound that was followed by a grunt.

Her incision.

DJ’s blood ran cold as he jackknifed into a sitting position while Yanna laid on her back. “Are you okay? Is it bleeding? Does it hurt?”

“Just a sting. Let me catch my breath for a moment,” she whispered, an arm across her eyes. 

He allowed the silence to fill the room while they both steadied their breathing. The moment strengthening his resolve to wait until she was physically ready before he or she insinuated intimacy.

“Here I thought I could give you a morning present,” she grinned sheepishly. “I guess I overestimated the magic of my binder.”

That made him laugh and bend down to kiss her on the lips. “Thank you. It’s one of the best gifts I received this year.”

“You’ve already received other gifts?” she asked, incredulous, and her voice must have woken up Jaydee in his sleep.

DJ nodded towards the crib. “Would anything top that as the best birthday present? It came in advance too.”

“I guess you’re right.” Yanna let out a content smile before preparing to nurse the baby.

As he sat next to her while she breastfed Jaydee, he whispered a wish to the heavens for this moment to last forever.

Yanna

When she met the twins the first time, Yanna hit it off with them right away like they already knew each other for a long time. They were the siblings she never had. In fact she had always looked forward to chatting with them everytime there was a family event she was invited to, which was practically every month.

Meeting them this time around after she ghosted on their beloved brother, however, gave her anxiety.

“Relax,” DJ threw an arm over her shoulder. “It was their idea that I use my VLs to patch things up with you.”

“Really?” she asked in disbelief.

“Yep. They’re coming bearing more malunggay leaves for you.” He winked at her and she just rolled her eyes. 

But still, she had genuine appreciation for him and his sisters for still wanting her back into their lives. True there were people who’d rather cut you out of their lives, but she had unexpectedly stumbled upon such a welcoming family in the Lorenzos.

When the doorbell rang, Yanna stiffened while DJ pulled the door open. Denise and Danielle rushed in to give him a bear hug and a box of cake before tentatively approaching her.

“Hi,” was her silly greeting. 

It was Danielle, the younger one, who stepped up to her for a hug. “We’re glad you’re back together, Ate.”

Yanna and DJ’s eyes met and she returned the hug. “I am, too.”

Denise followed suit. “It’s good to see you again, Ate,” she mumbled although her hug was briefer and Yanna didn’t take it against her. “And the baby.”

“The baby!” Danielle repressed a squeal and headed towards the rocker where Jaydee remained unbothered.

“Girls, disinfect your hands. There’s a bottle of alcohol on the table,” DJ instructed them and the twins were too happy to obey.

They quietly prepared the pancit and bilao of lumpiang shanghai on the coffee table and ate with Danielle leading the conversation. It was basically the Lorenzo siblings catching her up on what had been happening in the clan, the parties she missed, more younger Lorenzos being born into the family, their jobs. And more.

“Do you have other plans today?” Denise asked, with Jaydee sleeping in her arms when he was finished nursing.

“Nothing much. Just Netflix marathon, maybe,” DJ shrugged.

“Really? There are basically five malls near this condominium and you don’t plan on strolling around for a bit?”

She saw him shake his head to admonish his sister’s boldness for bringing it up. “Her movements are limited. CS operation remember?”

“Oh, yeah. Sorry. I didn’t mean to offend you, Ate.”

“None taken,” she reassured her. The easy atmosphere dissipated and Yanna felt the need to cheer everyone up. “Actually, it would help if I could walk around for a bit.”

The twins’ faces lit up. Except for DJ. “Yanna, you shouldn’t indulge these kids. It’s my birthday,” he glowered at them. “I get to decide what I want to do on my birthday.”

“Well, what would you do if there’s someone to help take care of the baby?” Yanna challenged, glad that the twins got her back. Because admittedly, she’d want a change of scene even for just a few hours. A scene that’s very much unlike the four corners of her unit.

“I’d like us to have dinner outside,” he mumbled in a small voice, avoiding her triumphant look.

“Then go,” Danielle urged them. “Den and I can look after Little Jaydee while you’re away. I heard he’s a very very good kid. So it wouldn’t be difficult, right?”

“Plus, there’s breastmilk in the freezer. We only need to sterilize the bottle or cup feed him if needed,” Denise shrugged.

DJ looked at Yanna for her final decision. 

"Oh and you have to leave a used shirt," Danielle added.

"I already have one in the crib," her brother supplied before going to the room. 

"I'm sorry. What are used shirts for?" she couldn't help but ask.

"Babies know their parents' smell. Since they are new to the outside world, they associate the smell with security and comfort,” Denise explained, receiving the used shirts from DJ who returned from the bedroom. “So we’ll roll up your shirts, or if not, Dan and I could wear it over ours while we cuddle with him, just to make sure he won’t get anxious while you’re away.”

In spite of all the materials she’d read, she had not come across this hack. Yanna doubted it’s effectiveness but it wouldn’t hurt to try. “Looks like all three of you are very knowledgeable and capable with newborns.”

An hour after feeding and making sure Jaydee was asleep, Yanna and DJ found themselves in one closest mall for a two-hour date. With a slow and steady pace, she had her arm linked with his as they strolled along, window-shopping more baby clothes and toys. They only ate at an Italian restaurant when Yanna felt tired from all the walking, and made sure to have some for take out for the girls.

Only when her breasts had started to leak did they decide to go home in high spirits.

Jaydee was cooing in Danielle’s arms when they got back. 

“It’s amazing,” she mused to DJ who sat with her while the twins ate what they had brought them. “That a mother’s body knows that the baby is hungry. I actually felt it before the milk leaked.”

“It really is,” DJ mumbled and when she looked at him, he was gazing lovingly at her.

The twins bid her goodbye and promised to be back more often so she and DJ could get more alone time. Yanna received a message from Rhea when DJ led his sisters to the lobby.

Rhea
I found a highly-recommended all-around helper :) She’s available anytime. Here’s her number.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Lariat By Alexandra Gray

General Fiction

44.1K 1.6K 77
College is the fresh start Mackenna Baker is hoping for, but her past follows her from the small town she left behind like a ghost. She does her best...
Expectations By Nicole

General Fiction

239K 11.6K 53
✨2019 Fiction Awards Winner in Best General Fiction✨ Completed 9/22/2019 Sequel: Reality - - - - - - - - - - - - - Joslyn Trett is no stranger to the...
TRAP By I.N

Romance

384 5 31
DAWON X READER "It's hard to love a person who can not reciprocate the love and affection you gave them" It is a story of a beautiful interior planne...
524 40 11
A fun-loving young woman yearning for financial freedom and love becomes entangled in lies and scandal while working for a cynical billionaire. ...