Worse Games To Play (Hunger G...

Bởi infinity_and_beyond3

~ A modern day Hunger Games High fanfiction. ~ In Hunger Games High there are two different groups. The Caree... Xem Thêm

Worse Games To Play (Hunger Games High Fan fiction)
Chapter One: The New Girl
Chapter Two: The Victors & The Careers
Chapter Three: The Gym Incident
Chapter Four: Something's Not Right
Chapter Five: Homecoming Part 1
Chapter Six: Homecoming Part 2
Chapter Seven: The Hospital
Chapter Eight: The Hospital Part 2
Chapter Nine: Thanksgiving Break
Chapter Ten: Dinner With The Mellark's
Chapter Eleven: The Christmas Concert
Chapter Twelve: The Very First Date
Chapter Fourteen: The Discussion
Chapter Fifteen: Christmas Day
Chapter Sixteen: New Years at Finnick's

Chapter Thirteen: A Secret Is Revealed

1.2K 60 22
Bởi infinity_and_beyond3

Hey guys! Once again, I'm sorry for not updating in a very long time. I'm extremely busy with school and other stuff.

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed your Thanksgiving Break so far. I know I did for sure. What things did you guys do during your break? I went to Jacksonville, I ate lots of food, slept, I went Black Friday Shopping, etc.

I need to stop talking so much, haha. Enjoy Chapter 13. :)

____________________________

*Recap*

"For the first time since my dad's death, I was happy. I was going to be reunited with Gale and this move gave me an opportunity for a fresh start. I met Annie, Finnick and Johanna and for once I felt welcomed. I saw you and a part of me felt whole again."

"This date really means a lot to me. I definitely won't ever forget this," I finished. He leaned down and kissed me. The kiss was short and sweet. "I love you," He whispered.

"I love you too," I whispered back.

*End of Recap*

.

.

*Katniss' POV*

Peeta and I had just finished having our very first date, and now we both standing in front of my front door. "I had a really good time Peeta. Thank you for taking me out."

"I had a good time too," He grinned. "And thank you for sharing some of your past with me even though you didn't have to. It meant a lot to know that you trust me enough to tell me your story."

I smiled. "Your welcome. It felt good to talk to someone about it. I also feel better knowing that you know my past and my story. It somehow released some pressure off of my shoulders."

He chuckled lightly. "I'm glad." I continued to hold his hands. "Maybe on our second date, you can share your story and your past. You can tell me more about your family."

"You don't talk about your mom to me. Maybe you can tell me things about your mom," I continued. Peeta's eyes grew dark at the mentioning of his mom.

"I'm sorry. You don't have to. I won't ask anymore. I promise," I said softly. His eyes returned to their regular shade of beautiful ocean blue eyes.

"I'm sorry. It's just- It's just-"

"It's fine Peeta. You don't have to explain yourself. I won't ask anymore," I said assuringly.

"Okay. Thanks," He said softly. I let go of his hands. "I should go inside. Uh, I'll see you," I mumbled. I opened the front door and walked inside, closing the door behind me.

I don't know why Peeta can't just tell me about his mother. What's the big deal?

I walked into the living room to see my mother standing there with her arms crossed over her chest. "We need to talk," She said sternly.

"About what?" I questioned. She reaches into her pocket and pulls out the condom that I threw on the floor before Peeta and I's date. Crap, I'm screwed.

"I found this near the front door. Care to explain why there was a condom on the floor?"

"I- uh - It's not what it looks like," I stuttered. "Gale gave it to me."

"Katniss Everdeen! You are 17 years old! Are you having sex?" She said outraged. "What? No! I'm still a virgin mom! Gale and Finnick gave it to me as a joke." I explained. "I promise to you I'm not having sex."

She sighed."Fine. I trust you. I knew that one day we would have this conversation. Just, be careful Katniss. I do not want to find out your carrying a baby at this age. I know I had you when I was 19, but that doesn't mean you need to have a baby around that age," She explained.

"Mom, trust me. I do NOT want a baby anytime soon. I don't wanna risk that happening," I told her.

"Okay, I'm going to work. I have a night shift. I'll see you in the morning." She walked towards me and kissed my cheek. She walked passed me and out the front door.

I walked up the stairs to my bedroom. I got to my bedroom and I began undressing and dressed into my pajamas.

I layed down on my bed. I couldn't stop thinking about Peeta. I don't understand why he gets so tense when I mention his mom.

What's so bad about his mom? Is she dying or something? I don't think that's it. He would of told me, I think.

I want to know what he's not telling me. He's hiding something, and honestly, I don't like it. I will find out. And I hope it's sometime soon.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

"If I fall and break a bone, I'm breaking your bone. Understand?" Johanna had said to Annie. "Don't worry Jo, you're not gonna break a bone. Plus, if you do, Finnick will protect me from you. Right Fin?"

"Of course beautiful," Finnick said to Annie. He leaned down and kissed her lips. Johanna rolled her eyes as she walked away.

We were currently at the Ice Factory to ice skate. I've been ice skating before but I've never been good at it. "Here are your ice skates," Prim said, as she handed me the ice skates in her hand.

I sat down on the bench and took off my Vans. I put them next to me on the bench. I put on both of the ice skates and tie them tight enough so they won't loosen the shoe.

Prim had come with us to ice skate just so she can see her new boyfriend Rory. I'm not really happy at the fact that my little sister is already dating, especially at the age she is.

"Ready to skate?" I hear Rory ask Prim. "Of course," She answered. I watched as they walked to the skating rink and began skating.

Peeta couldn't make it. He had texted me earlier saying that he had to work. I haven't seen him since our date. I just find it weird.

He always finds an excuse for me not to visit him. I'm starting to think he doesn't like me anymore. I don't know,  just the fact that he's avoiding me gives it away.

"Kitty Kat, come skate with us," Finnick said, with Annie right next to him. "Uh, I'm really not that good at skating but, okay."

I got up from the bench and walk with them towards the ice rink. I held on to the railings as I stepped foot onto the ice rink.

"Finnick, why don't you teach Katniss how to skate? I can skate  alone for awhile," Annie suggested. "Are you sure?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I'll see you in a little." She kissed Finnick's cheek and skated off. "Well Kitty Kat, hold onto my arm and we can begin."

I wrapped my arm around his. "Get comfortable Kitty, it's gonna be awhile," Finnick whispered in my ear. "I'm not sure if your being seductive or not," I said.

He chuckled lightly. "It could go either way," He replied.

It took me an hour to finally learn how to ice skate. Now that I knew how to skate I felt like a pro. I wonder if Peeta knows how to skate.

Just mentioning Peeta is making me wonder what he's doing at this very moment. I should visit him. I shouldn't be having fun without him.

We were all gathered at the concession stand waiting to grab something to eat and to drink. "I'm going to visit Peeta," I told the group.

They all turned to me. "Okay, I'll see you tomorrow," Annie said. Just as I was about to leave, Johanna stopped me. "I don't think that's a good idea," She had said.

I turned to her. "Why? You know what, nevermind. I just remembered something, you don't tell me what to do."

"Listen here Brainless," Johanna began," I'm trying to help you."

"Helping me with what!? By not letting me see MY  own boyfriend? Yeah no thanks, I don't need your help." I turned back around and started making my way towards the exit.

"Katniss!" Johanna called after me. "Lay off Johanna!" I yelled as I walked outside of the Ice Factory.

I began making my way to the town center where Peeta's family's Bakery is. It was pretty chilly outside today. I didn't really mind the cold.

I look to my side to see the Bakery come into my view. I walk in the direction of the Bakery. As soon as I reach the Bakery entrance, I hear yelling coming from inside. It's a female's voice.

I open the door and enter the Bakery. "Peeta?" I quietly called for him. As I walked closer towards the register, the yelling got louder. The yelling is coming from the kitchen.

I walked behind the counter and started making my way towards the kitchen doors. I opened the kitchen doors and my heart stopped. "No!" I cried out. It was already too late. Tears began streaming down my cheeks.

I had just witnessed Peeta, the boy I love, get hit by a rolling pin by woman I don't even recognize.

____________________________

A/N

Ahhhhh! So I hope you all enjoyed this Chapter! I also wanted to say again that im sorry for not updating in so long. I'll try to update as much as I can. I'm also sorry for any typos.

I don't have much to say, Oh, don't forget to read my other story 'My Perfect Mistake'. I had just recently updated that story after many months of not updating that story.

Anyway, until next time! :)

-Vote

-Comment

-Share

-Follow

All rights go to Suzanne Collins. :)

xxxxx infinity_and_beyond3 xxxxx

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

412K 19.7K 81
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
415K 25K 84
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
61.1K 1.2K 46
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A PR relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando Nor...
120K 5.1K 52
❥❥❥ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] ❛❛𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪, 𝕎𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕞𝕖𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪...