Moonrise: A Close Escape (Boo...

By TheButtChao

The Ark Pack is in great conditions. The wolves are well fed, and there hasn't been any trouble. But all of t... More

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Chapter 1

20 3 0
By TheButtChao

      Moon bounded through the forest. She could still see the flash of gray and white behind her. Moon quickened her pace, making sure not to get caught. She hopped up on a tree that was slightly curved. Just then a gust of powerful wind blew at her fur. She flew off the tree, tumbling on the dirt and roots. Paws slammed onto her back.

"Caught you!" Blue yelped happily.

"Aww, that wasn't fair! The wind knocked me off," Moon looked at the trees.

"Well, that's your fault you're so lightweight!" Blue teased.

They two friends laughed. But as they did, pawsteps echoed in the distance. They both froze, then hid in the bushes. Moon was surprised to see Nightfall, her father walk through the woods. A wide smile stretched across his face.

"I know your there, Blue and Moon," he whispered in a friendly way. Blue instantly hopped out of the bushes, and Moon had noticed that she, herself had sprung beside her friend. Nightfall glanced back at the camp.

"Star wants to see you two," he said. Star was Moon's mother, the alpha.

"Okay," Moon replied.

The two wolves made their way towards camp, padding into Star's den. Moon swallowed nervously. "Oh, hello, I want you two hunt. Shadow claims you ran past a group of rabbits. Try to get at least three pieces of prey," she said, "Anyways, Crow is starving."

Moon let out a sigh of relief. "Yes, Star," Moon bowed to the white she-wolf. The two wolves bounded into the forest. Moon immediately scented rabbit, and yet the smell was fresh. She lowered her body, her stomach touching the light green grass. She wasn't that invisible in the grass, but the rabbit that hopped around did not take any notice. Blue was crouching, too. When the rabbit was close, she sprang onto the brown creature, biting its neck, killing it. She buried it under the dirt to take back later. "Good job!" Blue smiled. Moon grinned back as a thanks and continued on. She sniffed the air. Something was not right.

"Uh. Blue, do you smell that? I-I think it's Blood Pack wolves. Four of them," Moon said, startled a bit.

"Hmm, that's true. But we made peace with them. They shouldn't bother us anymore," Blue replied.

"Well, the scent is fresh," Moon glanced at the trees where the scent came from.

Suddenly, she saw the shadows of four dark wolves. It was Blood Pack indeed. Great, not this again. Moon thought. The last time the Blood wolves had crossed their territory, the packs had a huge argument. Moon did not want it to happen again. Anger flooded the she-wolf as she thought about the past. Blue gasped in rage. "You! Get out of out territory! We warned you once, don't make us warn you twice," Her friend growled in anger. Without a word, Moon hopped in a blink of an eye, landing on one of the wolves, biting its forehead. The Blood wolf pushed away Moon as if she was a butterfly. "Do you think I care?" he grinned, "I need to speak with Star. It's something more important than what you think. Besides, you can't fight all of us." The wolves grin faded into a frown.

"NEVER!" Blue yowled, "WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU PATHETIC PACK!" Blue then gasped at his own words, covering his mouth with his paw. But Moon only agreed to his words. The Blood wolf smiled evilly. He then leaped for Blue slicing his cheek. A small trickle of blood ran from the wound. It wasn't that bad, but this angered Moon so much. She ran towards the three wolves clawing everywhere. She missed a couple of times, but she sliced the nose of one of them.

One wolf pinned her down, sinking his claws deep into her pelt, raking them across her chest. Moon yowled in pain, struggling to get up. She could see that Blue had lifted his head into a howl. One wolf was running for Blue, trying to stop him from calling the pack for help. Moon had to think of something quickly. just then, a lightbulb floated over her head.

"Look! The pack has come to help us!" She lied. The wolves froze looking back growling. Moon kicked the wolf off, standing beside her friend. Blue had finished howling, nodding thanks to Moon. "That darn wolf! She tricked us!" one Blood wolf yowled, turning his head back at the two, leaping for them. But as he hopped high into the air, a white wolf shoved him. It was Star. She was pinning down the wolf. Three more wolves pinned the others down firmly. Moon sighed in relief. The pack had come to help.

"What does Scar want to do with us now!" Star hissed. Scar was the Alpha of Blood Pack.

"Oh him? He's going to ask you to step down at your paws, then we will rule your pack and make you kneel! If you refuse, we'll wipe you from the face of Earth!" He answered confidently.

Star could not control her anger. Her neck fur bulging in rage. She only responded a killing strike to the neck. Blood splattered and stained his whole body. The Blood wolf breathed his last breaths until they faded away forever. The other wolves were horrified. Moon's pack mates let go of the wolves. They scurried back to Blood Pack territory.

Star looked back at the two wolves. "Dash, Dark, Snow, and Frost, go help them back to camp. Get them some rest and herbs. They are wounded. I'll bury this body." Dash, Dark, Snow, and Frost quickly walked over to them. Dash was a brown green-eyed male with a white underbelly. Dark was a black blue-eyed male. Snow was white she wolf with green eyes. Frost was a blue, blue eyed she wolf with a white underbelly. Moon looked down at her chest. It had a nasty gash, covered in some blood. Not her own blood. But the blood from the wolf Star had killed. She winced as another wave of pain burst against her wound. Frost came thickly to help her. Blue was not hurt that badly, and went to find the rabbit Moon had buried.

The group headed back to camp. The gash on Moon's chest had now started to bleed. She prayed to her ancestors that she would survive. The healer, Leaf hurried over to her with some healing herbs. Leaf pressed cobwebs onto the bleeding gash. She then smudged a mixture of herbs over it. "Get Moon some rest," Leaf ordered Frost, "and when she gets there, give some of these cobwebs for Blue's cut. Tell him to keep pressing the cobwebs onto the cut until it stops bleeding." The healer handed Frost a bundle of the white stuff.

Moon and Frost went to the den. Moon plummeted to the ground. Frost left to find Blue. A moment later, he came with cobwebs stuck to his cheek. "Moon?" he asked. He sat near her, keeping hold of the cobwebs. "Are-are you okay?
I-I need to tell you something," he said.

"I'm fine. What is it?" Moon whispered

"When I said something bad about BloodPack, I felt so-so, sorry, because you always wanted peace with them," he pressed his muzzle into her fur.

"I agreed with you, Blue. I-I hate BloodPack now," Moon licked Blue's cheek.

Blue began to pull something out from his back. It was a fat bird that Dash had caught on the way back. Blue's mouth watered, but he took his eyes of the bird, back to Moon.

"Here, have this bird," Blue pushed the fat bird in front of Moon.

"Thank you, but I'd rather share," Moon said as she lifted her head a bit to take a bite.

Blue ignored Moon looking into the roof of the cave.

"I swear to the name of Ark Pack that I'll slay every single wolf of that pathetic pack! I'll avenge you!" Blue bubbled in anger.

"I'm not dead, yet!" Moon smiled, though she didn't like the fact that Blue wanted to kill another.

The two laughed, falling asleep after a long pause of silence. Moon opened her eyes. Blue was gone. Wolves ran everywhere around the pack. BloodPack wolves crowded around Star slashing at her hard. Moon sat up, ran towards her mother, but the ground began to crack. There was a black void seen under as the ground tore away. Moon fell, flailing into a winding river. Sharp rocks stuck up, aiming for her chest. Blue! Help! As she was a hair close to the rock, everything blacked out.

Moon lifted her head, only to see Blue resting beside her. The camp was silent. Moon's heart pounded, confused. It was a nightmare. Moon realized, calming down. It had been the next day. Her wound had quickly healed overnight. A noise startled her, but Blue was only snoring loudly. Moon sat up. She padded out of her cave.

The sun rose high into the sky. It looked beautiful. There was the red sky on the bottom, fading into a orange and then a yellow. Today was the Pack meeting, where all packs join together to talk about how they were doing. It was meant to be peaceful. Moon had a bad feeling about it. Not because of FirePack and Icepack, but because of BloodPack. They had tried to rule ArkPack. Star had the nerve to kill one of them, but Moon knew that BloodPack would not give up so easily.

"Oh, please, help us StarPack," Moon prayed to her ancestors silently.

This woke up Blue. He lifted his head, confused for a moment. "Huh? What are you doing so early?," Blue yawned sleepily. Blue stretched, letting out another yawn. "I'm just enjoying the sunrise," Moon said.

Blue closed his eyes and rested his head on his paws, ignoring Moon's reply. The white she wolf slowly padded out of her den, wondering if Star had some orders. The alpha stalked towards Moon, a worried expression on her face. "Moon? Sparrow and Breeze have gone missing. Are you up to some tasks?" She said.

"Yes, Star," Moon replied.

Sparrow and Breeze have gone missing? What if Bloodpack had captured them? What if something bad happened to them? Moon's heart bounded faster than a wolves running paw steps.

"Wake up the others, I need to make an announcement," she ordered.

Moon dashed around camp, waking up every single wolf. She made sure not to wake up Pebble too harshly, who had pups. All the awoken wolves had eyes wide in alarm. They looked at each other, confused. Star padded up the rock that was above her den.

"Wolves Of Arkpack, I have a big problem. Sparrow and Breeze have gone missing," Star announced.

Some of the wolves gasped. Breeze's mother was most afraid, for her son to have disappeared.

"I plan a search patrol for them. Frost, Blue, Dark, and Shadow will go. But, from now on, no one is allowed to leave camp alone or without permission. Is that understood?" Star said.

   The wolves of ArkPack nodded.

"Good. Those who were called to search, go now. If you see a BloodPack wolf, kill them," she said.

   Frost, Blue, Dark, and Shadow headed off with worried faces. Why was Star so angry with BloodPack? She didn't have to kill every single one. It just seemed wrong.

Blue's POV:

   Blue's fur itched in fear as he padded into the unknown forest. He usually was okay with other wolves beside him, but the last battle shook the fur off his pelt. The BloodPack wolves would soon come, they would come to rule ArkPack. Blue could still remember their stench, which reeked the part of the forest where Star killed the BloodPack wolf. He could imagine the horror of the pack's faces when the BloodPack wolves ruled. He imagined the devastation and pain his home and pack would go through.

"Blue! Hurry! Your falling behind!" Dark said angrily.

"I'm coming!" Blue spat as he shook his head to focus on the pack's current crises.

     Blue quickened his pace, following Dark though the forest, but the wolf's dark fur had disappeared. Blue was lost. Oh, please, light the way, StarPack, Blue prayed. The earth was silent, as if his ancestors had responded in anger.

    Thunder roared through the gray clouds as the first raindrop landed on Blue's forehead. The rain poured, washing away Dark's sent. Why are you so angry with me, StarPack? He thought.

    A light set of paw steps echoed behind him. Blue stayed still. In a flash, he jumped into his target. It was a BloodPack pup. Blue remembered Star's order. "Please, Please! Dot kiw me! Blood is being a big meanie and we w-want to escape!" The pup wailed. There was another pup beside him, crying. Blue was set to kill the BloodPack pup, but pity overthrew him

"Run away, run away, you poor pups," Blue said as he let the two go.

    Blue was just about to leave when heavy paw steps sounded behind him. Was it the rest of the patrol? Blue's stirred in relief. He turned around to meet face to face with a dark coated fur. Dark! Blue thought. But it wasn't. It was Blood.

"Well, well, well. We meet again, don't we?" Blood hissed.

"Wha-what?" Blue said.

"Star killed Deathclaws. You let pups go. Now it's my turn to get my revenge!" Blood snarled.

    Blood was the leader after the BloodPack leader, Scar. There was a slight fear in Blood's voice.

"Scar should have stopped this!" Blue yowled.

"Scar has nothing to do with this, Blue," Blood grinned.

    Blood raised his tail, and two others came out of the bushes. They were BloodPack wolves. Scar had nothing to do with this? Did Deathclaws lie? Or did Blood lie? I'm screwed, Blue whispered. Blood laughed. The other two smiled evilly.

     A whisper came from behind him. "Psst, Blue. Raise your tail. Be calm when doing it. It's us, okay?" The voice said.
Blue took two big breaths. He reluctantly lifted up his bushy tail. Just then, three wolves leaped out of the bushes, standing alongside him. The BloodPack wolves were outnumbered.

"How-what?" Blood growled.

"Get. Out. Of. Our. Territory." Dark snarled, shoving Blue gently to stand right in front of Blood.

    Blood's eyes circled in surprise. Then they narrowed in anger. He flicked his tail and walked away, signaling the others to follow him.

"This. Isn't. Over. Do you hear me Dark? This. Isn't. Over," Blood snickered, walking away.

"At least we got rid of them," said Frost.

"Yeah, they are worse than prey," Shadow said.

"I think you've taken this stuff a little too far, Shadow," Frost teased.

     Shadow was a dark gray male. He was a younger wolf.

"Enough distractions. Let's get going," Dark said.

   Dark was the oldest out of the group.

     The patrol returned home. Star had an angry face. Breeze and Sparrow were back. They had guilty faces. Dark went up to them.

"I was worried about you two! Where the heck were you? You're only pups," Dark hissed.

"We were just hunting! When we woke up, there was no food," Sparrow tried making up an excuse.

"You do know that pups aren't allowed to hunt!" Dark spat.

"We know! But we were just trying to care for the pack!" Sparrow said.

"The pack was worried! Blue met danger while we searched for you! You are a great disappointment! By sunrise there will be a punishment," Dark said and turned away.

"Aww, C'mon, Dark, they are pups. Don't be so harsh. When was the last time you went out by yourself? You were a pup just like them," Leaf caught up to the dark wolf.

"Shard punished me for that, Leaf. I can punish them because I am their trainer. She was my trainer and she punished me, and I'm their trainer, so why can't I? They knew they weren't allowed to, but they did," Dark said.

   The two continued arguing, Moon had rushed over to Blue, hugging him tightly.

"Oh, I missed you so much, are you hurt?" She said.

"I'm fine, I'll tel ya what happened a bit later. I'm just starving right now," Blue said as his belly growled.

Okay end of the chapter. Moon's POV is gonna be the next one. Just to let you know

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

499K 13.2K 31
When Aprils pack was attacked unexpectedly she is separated from her father, the alpha. Since she is only 5 she couldn't fight against these wolves...
44 0 12
The closer we got to their pack, the more my wolf became restless. I glanced at my beta to my right. Her fierce gaze matched mine. I knew she wanted...
5M 127K 34
(Book in the process of editing) " Miss please stand in front of the class and introduce yourself.," my teacher said as she directed me where to stan...
663K 17.7K 29
17. That's how old I am today. It's about time too. I was getting sick of being 16. I hear a low rumble being emitted from my chest. I run towards th...