I'm His Little Nerd

By CLQuinn

Ellie Ashbrook, your average 16 year old nerdy schoolgirl. Elliot Ryans, your above average 17 year old rugby... More

I'm His Little Nerd
I'm His Little Nerd - Chapter 2
I'm His Little Nerd - Chapter 3
I'm His Little Nerd - Chapter 4
I'm His Little Nerd - Chapter 5
I'm His Little Nerd - Chapter 6
I'm His Little Nerd - Chapter 7
I'm His Little Nerd - Chapter 8
I'm His Little Nerd - Chapter 9
I'm His Little Nerd - Chapter 10
I'm His Little Nerd - Chapter 11
I'm His Little Nerd - Chapter 12
I'm His Little Nerd - Chapter 13
I'm His Little Nerd - Chapter 14
I'm His Little Nerd - Chapter 15
I'm His Little Nerd - Chapter 16
I'm His Little Nerd - Chapter 18
I'm His Little Nerd - Chapter 19
I'm His Little Nerd - Chapter 20
I'm His Little Nerd - Chapter 21
I'm His Little Nerd - Chapter 22
I'm His Little Nerd - Chapter 23
I'm His Little Nerd - Chapter 24
I'm His Little Nerd - Chapter 25
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!

I'm His Little Nerd - Chapter 17

1K 12 3
By CLQuinn

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 17

The next morning i woke up feeling just about as grouchy as the night before, remembering that dad wasnt in that night i decided to go and check if he was in, i pulled back the duvet and clambered out of bed.

I slipped my dressing gown on and skipped down the hallway to his room, i opened the door quietly in case he was asleep but to my suprise he wasnt in there, the bed was made neatly and the curtains were open, maybe he was downstairs.

I walked back out and went downstairs into the kitchen, no dad. I checked the lounge, no dad. I began to feel panic as i grabbed the house phone and dialled his number, i held the phone up to my ear and allowed the ringing to drone on in my head.

"hi you've reached David, im a little buzy right now-"

i pressed the hang up button and put the phone down before sitting on the table and putting my head in my hands, tears filled my eyes as i had a horrible thought.

I slowly looked up, tears were falling down my face as i picked up the phone and brought it closer, i dialled the number i prayed id never have to call, after a few dials someone picked up

??? - "hello St John's Hospital, Julie speaking, how can i help?"

Ellie - "hi... um, i was wondering has a man been administered recently?"

Julie - "name?"

Ellie - "David, David Ashbrook"

the lady began looking it up before she returned to the call

Julie - "sorry nothing"

Ellie - "ok thanks bye"

Julie - "bye"

I hung up and put the phone down, at least he wasnt in hospital. I sighed before wiping my eyes and getting up, i wandered around the kitchen before picking up the phone again and dialling in Lexi's number, i needed a friend and i needed one now. She answered after 5 rings.

Lexi - "mmm hello?"

Ellie - "Lexi its me, i need-" my voice cracked and more tears fell down, that clearly woke her up

Lexi - "hold up babe, i'll just get changed and i'll be over, i promise"

Ellie - "ok"

with that she hung up and i went into the lounge and flopped on the sofa, i reached out and grabbed a cushion before hugging it and crying more, where was dad?

I must have been crying for a while as the doorbell went, i got up and went and opened it, Lexi immediately rushed in, she was still wearing her pajamas but was carrying a bag.

I felt her envelope me in a hug and i closed the door and hugged her back, she tried to comfort me and we pulled away and she led me into the kitchen and we both sat down on the sofa. Lexi put the bag down on the floor and reached out and grabbed a tissue and dried my eyes for me before we both leant back, i held a cushion close to me again and she grabbed on and i took a few deep breaths before looking up at her.

"well my dad hasnt come home from work yesterday and he's still not here now"

she reached over and rubbed my arms before reaching back and picking up the bag, she pulled out a tub of ben & jerrys and 2 spoons, a weak smile appeared on my face as she took off the lid and handed me a spoon and we both dug in.

I reached onto the table and grabbed the tv remote before turning it on, the Jeremy Kyle show was on and we settled on watching it, 10 minutes later and we were both shouting at the tv

"then you shouldnt have left her!" Lexi shouted, waving her spoon about

"exactly! dont come running back saying she wont let you see her boy!" i added in, wow some people had messed up lives.

We ended up watching the whole show and began to watch the next one when the doorbell went, i got up and wandered over, i opened it slowly, making sure to use the door to cover my body as i was still in my dressing gown.

Leon was standing there smiling, i sighed and opened the door wider for him, he came in smiling and gave me a hug, not bothered at all that i was in my pajamas, yeah he'd seen me like this millions of times, Lexi on the other hand...

"Elli-" she paused when she saw Leon standing there, i smiled to myself before looking up at Leon

"we're having a chill out day"

he nodded slowly and we both turned back to Lexi who was now as red as a tomato, bless her. We all walked into the lounge and sat down, Leon turned to me

"you didnt reply to my texts so i thought id pop over"

"oh yeah my phones upstairs, i'll just go get it"

i jumped up and went upstairs, leaving Leon to deal with a very embarresed Lexi. I went into my room and picked up my phone from my bedside table. I had a few messages from Leon but i deleted them then i saw one from Conor, i clicked the open button.

Conor - hey was wondering if you wanted to meet up tomorrow? xx

Ellie - yeahh ok xx

Conor - ok, i'll come pick you up at about 10 xx

Ellie - ok :) xx

I sent that and put my phone in my dressing gown pocket before heading back downstairs, just as i was about to walk back into the lounge i poked my head around and saw Leon and Lexi were millimetres apart and their lips were closing to touching, i smiled to myself and slowly pulled back. Job well done Brooky.

The house phone went off and i walked into the kitchen to get it

Ellie - "hello?"

Mum - "hey sweetheart, is your dad there?"

i felt a lump form in my throat

Ellie - "no, i'll call him and get him to call you"

Mum - "ok lovely, thank you, must go anyway, the shops await"

i sighed

Ellie - "course, see you later mum"

i hung up and put the phone down on the side, where the hell was dad? i paused for a few moments before picking it up again, his work mate should know where he is, i decided to ring Bob because they were really close so if dad went anywhere Bob would know, after a few rings he picked up.

Bob - "hello?"

Ellie - "hey Bob its me Ellie"

Bob - "oh hey Ellie, hows scotland going? is your dad there?"

i froze for a moment, scotland?

Ellie - "err... yeah its going good, no dads not in at the moment did he mention anything to you?"

Bob - "nah sorry sweetheart, last time i saw your dad was when he left for Scotland"

i felt my heart crash and break into millions of pieces... again.

Ellie - "oh yeah now i remember, sorry"

Bob - "its ok love, i'll speak to you later"

Ellie - "ok thanks bye"

Bob - "bye"

and with that he hung up, it took me a few minutes to actually put the phone down on the table and as it did the tears came flowing out, my dad had left me, gone miles and miles away without even a proper goodbye, thats why he was acting wierd that night..

i tried brushing my eyes to get rid of the tears but they didnt stop coming, remembering Lexi and Leon were here too i rushed towards the lounge and walked in, forgetting that they were close to kissing.

I looked down at them and they pulled away quickly, even though i was upset it made me smile inside that they'd finally kissed. Leon jumped up faster than lightning and wrapped his arms around me and held on tighter than ever, i wrapped mine around his waist and squeezed as tight as i could trying to calm myself down.

When we pulled away Leon held my face in his hands and tried brushing away the tears, constantly kissing my forehead telling me it was all going to be ok and that he'd deal with it. Leon guided me over to the sofa and sat me down in between him and Lexi and she looped her arm around my shoulder and i leant into her as she began comforting me, Leon placed his hand on my knee and the other around me on my back and began rubbing it slowly.

When the tears had finally stopped i looked up at them both, they were staring at me silently, waiting for me to explain what was wrong.

"dads moved to scotland" i paused "he never left a goodbye, he was acting wierd the night i last saw him and now hes gone... far away and i didnt even get to say goodbye, like it wasnt bad enough that they were splitting up and he has fatal blood pressure"

i could feel the tears threatening to come out again so i just leant onto Leon's shoulder and i soon felt his lips press against my head, it was sweet the way he cared, and it was even sweeter that now him and Lexi were an item(im guessing they are) how she wouldnt go mad when he kissed my head, mainly because she knows how much i mean to him and visa versa.

"anyway, lets just watch lots of films, veg out on the sofa and prove to the world that you dont need him when you have us"

i smiled slightly and looked up at Lexi, who was smiling at me, i paused before nodding slowly and getting up, Leon moved so he was the other side of me whilst Lexi put on the film, she came back and sat next to Leon, who looped both of his arms around us and pulled us closer, we leant into him and i looked up at Lexi slowly, she looked back before mouthing

"we're together" i tried not to giggle as i saw how excited she was over it

"bless, congrats" i mouthed back before we both smiled and leant further into Leon and watched the film whilst he rested his hands on our lower backs, holding us close to him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

483 155 30
Ever read that story where the bad boy dates the nerd because a dare or bet? Well, in Lexi's story, it's the other way round. Alexis Hill is forced b...
848 3 30
Hi I'm ellie I'm 17 I have to move schools as my dad has a new job it's not all bad my best friend goes to the school already What happens when ell...
13.7K 35 20
18+ MATURE CONTENT*** READ AT YOUR OWN RISK YOU PERVS;) As cliche as it sounds, this isn't your typical love story. The bad girl has fallen for the g...
1.3M 36.5K 54
"What you said hurt, asshole. What did you think would happen?" I yell in his face. I'm so angry that I could most definitely shove his face into the...