Patroness

By Lemon_Lima

Felicia Hardy is a young CIA operative with more secrets than the entire government combined. And it's not un... More

Cast
Chapter 1: The Hellfire Club
Chapter 2: Groovy Mutations
Chapter 3: Cerebro
Chapter Five: From Russia with Frost
Chapter 6: Divulgence
Chapter 7: 214782 and 214783
Chapter 8: X Mansion
Chapter 9: Past, Present and Future
Chapter 10: Training
Chapter 11: Wine and...
Chapter 12: Let the Games Begin
Chapter 13: Patroness Is Born
Chapter 14: The Future
Chapter 15: And So It Begins
Chapter 16: Go F*ck Yourself
Chapter 17: Don't Be Suspicious
Chapter 18: Peter and Aurora
Chapter 19: Operation Free Dadneto
Chapter 20: Old Wounds
Chapter 21: Rockabye
Chapter 22: Fear of Falling Apart
Chapter 23: Never Enough
Chapter 24: I'd Love To Change The World Pt.1

Chapter 4: Euphoria

4.6K 161 79
By Lemon_Lima

Felicia walks out of Cerebro a little disappointed that she doesn't get to see her in action, but happy that things aren't awkward between herself and Charles.

But as she walks across the lush green grass the mental shield she uses to stop Charles from reading her mind shatters, causing her head to fill with unimaginable pain.

Felicia let out a blood-curdling scream as the pain becomes unbearable. She crumbles down to the ground as tears run down her cheeks and as the pain continues her body begins to shake uncontrollably.

'What's happening to me?'

"Felicia!" Charles yells out before everyone runs over.

"Oh, my God, Charles, what's happening to her?" Raven asks.

"I don't know?" Charles answers.

Charles tries to get inside the woman's head hoping to find the cause of her pain but it only makes the pain worse causing Felicia to scream bloody murder.

"I can't take it anymore!" Felicia yells before using her powers to knock herself unconscious.

~

When Felicia comes to later in the day she waits for her eyes to adjust before sitting up in bed and looking out the window to see the sunset.

"Oh, good you're awake," Moria says walking into the room.

"What happened?" Felicia asks rubbing her eyes.

"Charles said you said you were having a seizure out by Cerebro before you screamed bloody murder and passed out." Moira answers. "How are you feeling?"

"I feel fine actually," Felicia answer. "H-How did I end up back here though?"

"Charles carried you back, he actually wouldn't let anyone go near you except for Hank who checked all your vitals and whatnot. Charles was really worried about you, it took Erik ages to convince him to leave you to rest." Moira sighs as her cheeks pinken. "Charles is an exceptional man."

"You like him don't you," Felicia states bluntly.

"W-W-Wh... I-I-I..." Moira stutters. "Okay, yes maybe I do have some feelings towards him, but... You know what it's like here if I want to be taken seriously I can't go around flirting with whomever I like." Moira states firmly. "And that's what told him last night."

"Last night!?" Felicia blurts out causing her head to pulsate with pain. "H-He was with you last night?" She asks as she massages her temples

"Yeah, he was trying to make advances but as much as I'd like to be with him I can't... at least not now anyway." Moira answers.

'That sleazy son of a bitch.'  Felicia thinks as she balls her hands into a fist. 'And I thought he genuinely liked me. I'm so stupid.'

Felicia mentally scolds herself ashamed she fell for such bullshit before Moira pulls her out of her thoughts.

"Were you even listening?" She asks folding her arms in annoyance.

"...Yes..." Felicia lies before quickly reading her mind. "You were asking me if I'd watch the other mutants while you go talk to McCone, which I would be delighted to do. Just, whereabouts are they?"

"The break room at the end of the hall." Moira answers.

Once Moira leaves, Felicia cleans herself up before heading down to the break room to meet the others.

"Hey, Felicia," Raven waves as Felicia enters the room. "How are you feeling?"

"Much, better, thanks for asking," Felicia replies sitting down in the empty chair between a boy with blonde hair and a boy with curly ginger hair.

"Felicia this is Alex," Raven says gesturing to the blonde next to Felicia. "That's Sean," She says then pointing at the ginger on the other side of her. "And over there is Angel and Darwin." Raven introduces the man and woman sitting on a lounge chair next to Sean.

"It's nice to meet you all," Felicia greets quietly.

"Before you got here I was just saying we should have secret code names, now that we're Government agents." Raven grins. "I wanna be called Mystique."

"Damn! I wanted to be called Mystique." Sean jokes.

"Well, tough I called it," Raven says before turning into sean taking everyone by surprise. "And I'm way more mysterious than you," she says in Sean's voice before shifting back into herself earning claps from everyone. "Darwin what about you?"

"Well, uh, Darwin's already a nickname, and, you know, sort of fits. Adapt to survive and all. Check this out" Darwin says getting up and sticking his head into the nearby fish tank.

Gills appear on his face earning claps, cheering and laughing.

"Thank you, Thank you," Darwin says drying his face off. "What about you?" Darwin asks pointing at Sean.

"Hmm." Sean thinks. "I'm going to be... Banshee."

"Why do you want to be named after a wailing spirit?" Hank asks.

"You might want to cover your ears," Seans says before crouching in behind a row of glasses lined on the coffee table.

Everyone covers their ears as Sean takes a deep breath before he lets out a high pitch whistle-scream, that misses the glasses but hits and shatters the window, followed by more laughing, clapping and cheering from everyone else.

"Your turn," Sean says to Angel who stands up and takes off her jacket.

"My, uh, stage name is Angel. Kind of fits." Angel says turning around as her tattoos turn into wings.

"You can fly!" Raven gasps.

"Uh-Huh. And, um." Angel answers before firing an acid projectile out of her mouth onto the statue in the small courtyard outside the broken window.

"What's your name?" Angel asks Hank as she puts her jacket back on.

"How about bigfoot," Alex says swallowing his drink.

"Well, you know what they say about guys with big feet. And your's are kind of small." Raven says before sharing an awkward look with Hank as the other chuckle and ooh at her remark.

"Ok, now. Alex, what is your gift? What can you do?" Darwin asks.

"Uh, it's not, um. Um, I just can't do it. I can't do it in here." Alex answers.

"Can you do it out there?" Darwin asks.

"Why don't you just do it out there?" Raven asks.

"Alex! Alex! Alex! Alex!" Everyone but Alex chants.

"Get down when I tell you," Alex instructs as he heads outside while the group get close to the window to see what Alex's power is. "Get back" Alex instructs when he gets into position and the group lean back before leaning forward again to see. "Get back!" Alex instructs but no one listens. "Whatever." Alex remarks before moving in a hula hoop like motion.

Red energy rings start to appear around Alex as he continues the hula hoop motion before the red energy rings fire across the courtyard two slashing cement walls and the other cutting through the metal statue in the middle of the yard.

"Woah!" Everyone cheers and claps.

"Wow, that was amazing!" Felicia says excitedly as she jump up and down.

Everyone sits back down in their seats and begins to talk amongst themselves before being interrupted by Darwin.

"Wait!" Darwin speaks up and the others quieten down. "Felicia, you never told us what you could do. So, what are your powers?" Darwin asks as everyone stares at her waiting for an answer.

"Oh, she's not a mutant," Raven speaks up. "She works for the CIA."

"Then why are you in here with us?" Darwin asks.

"Moira wanted me to watch you guys while she goes to talk to our boss," Felicia answers nonchalantly.

"Oh, so what, you're here to babysit us because they don't trust us," Angel retorts.

"It's not that they don't trust you, they're just scared. Scared of the powers you all possess, scared because they don't understand it, scared because when power like that is in the hands of someone like Shaw..." Felicia lets out a sigh. "Nothing, they have can stop someone like Shaw. And if the entire country finds out that the people who are meant to protect them can't. It's going to incite panic amongst the nation and while they try to calm everyone down, the Soviet's are going to have a perfect opportunity to strike."

Everyone just stares at Felicia in shock not expecting to hear such a rant.

"Look, I'm sure you've all seen by now what the other agents are like. I have to watch you guys, whether you like it or not, but I'm sure to be, better company and to prove it..." Felicia gets up and walk behind the bar and unlock the cabinet and mini-fridge that contains alcohol. "I have the key to the liquor cabinet and the code for the mini-fridge," She says shaking the key in her hand.

"Yes!" Sean says standing up and throwing his arms in the air.

Everyone makes their way over to the bar and grabs drink while Felicia makes her way over to the jukebox and puts on her favourite song to jam out to.

"The warden threw a party in the county jail!" Felicia begins to sing along. "The prison band was there and they began to wail. The band was jumping and the joint began to swing. You should've heard those knocked out jailbirds sing!"

Felicia holds her hand out to Raven who takes it and they begin to dance.

"Let's rock, everybody, let's rock. Everybody in the whole cell block.
Was dancing to the Jailhouse Rock" Felicia and Raven sing along as they Jump onto the lounge and Angel lets her wings free and starts dancing with them.

"Hey we should think of code names for Charles and Erik." Raven grins.

"Yeah that's a great idea." Felicia replies. "How about 'The Professor'."

"Maybe." Raven thinks "I think it needs to sound more mystical. How about Professor X."

"Oooh I like the sound of that. Professor X." Felicia replies admiring each syllable as it rolls of her tongue. "And for Eric how about... Magneto?"

"Magneto?" Raven replies. "I like it. It's the perfect combination of inspiring and intimidating."

As Raven and Felicia go back to singing along Felicia takes notice of Hank standing nervously, tapping his foot along to the song.

"Shifty Henry said to Bugs, "For Heaven's sake. No one's looking, now's our chance to make a break" Bugsy turned to Shifty and he said, "Nix nix I want to stick around a while and get my kicks."."  Felicia jump offs the lounge chair and walk over to Hank and grab his hand and pull him onto the coffee table with her and they begin to dance.

"Let's rock, everybody, let's rock," Hank sings joining the girls in singing and dancing

"Everybody in the whole cell block. Was dancing to the Jailhouse Rock." they all sing along until the song comes to an end.

'SMASH!'

Felicia quickly turns to see the other lounge broken as Alex and Sean are throwing and breaking things over Darwin whose torso has turned to what looks like, stone. As his body adapted so the impact of the various items doesn't affect him.

"Amazing!" Felicia marvels wide-eyed. before the next song starts playing.

"For Goodness' sake! " The jukebox blares as 'Hippy Hippy Shake' starts to play.

"I got the Hippy Hippy Shakes. I got the Shakes. Yeah, the Hippy Hippy Shakes." Raven and Felicia sing along as Hank takes off his shoes and jumps and hangs off the chandelier.

"Ooh, I can't sit still. With this Hippy Hippy Shakes. I get my fill, now. With this Hippy Hippy Shakes. Yeah, it's in the bag. Ooh, the Hippy Hippy Shake." Whist dancing on the coffee table Felicia watches as Alex and Sean still attempt to do some sort of damage to Darwin, who's just yelling at them to do it harder.

"Well, now, you shake it to the left. You shake it to the right. Do the Hippy Shake Shake
With all of your might." Angel, Raven and Felicia continue to dance and sing whilst Hank dances dangling from the chandelier.

"Ooh, baby. Ooh, yeah come on and shake. Ooh, it's in the bag. Oh, The Hippy Hippy Shake."

As she dances and sings a feeling of euphoria course through Felicia's veins as for once in her life she feels happy. 

She feels proud. 

She feels at home.

Like she has a family.

Suddenly filled with euphoria Felicia feels the need to come out of the shadows and stop hiding from the world. She wants to be free like her fellow mutant friends all are now. When Charles gets back she going to come clean, she's going to tell them...

She's mutant and proud.

"Well, now you shake it to the left. Shake it to the right. You do the hippy shake, shake. With all of your might!" Felicia belts her lungs out as She continue to have the time of her life.

"What are you doing!" Felicia turns and looks through the broken window to see Moira standing there furiously. Charles standing next to her looking, all kinds of disappointed, and Erik who has the same unamused expression he always has.

Everyone stops what we're doing. Angel's wings turn back into her tattoos; Alex and Sean drop there projectiles as Darwin's body returns to normal; Hank drops off the chandelier, and Raven and Felicia hop off the lounge chair and table and they all move over to the broken window.

"Who destroyed the statue!?" Moira asks

"It was, Alex," Hank says without any hesitation.

"No Havok. We have to call him Havok. That's his name now. And we were thinking you should be Professor X." Raven says pointing at Charles. "And you should be Magneto," Raven says pointing at Erik.

"Exceptional," Erik mumbles as Moira looks on with horror and Raven's smile fades.

"Felicia, you were supposed to watch them!" Moira scolds.

"I did and nothing happened," Felicia answers.

Moira stands there, mouth agape and gesturing at the mess around us.

"To them..." Felicia mumbles.

"I expect more from you," Charles says to Raven before he starts to walk off.

"Charles, wait!" Felicia calls out running after Charles.

"I don't wanna talk to you either, Felicia, I'm upset with you too," Charles says.

"Then don't talk just listen," Felicia says as she grabs his arm and turn him around to face her. "I need you to understand that all there lives they've been afraid or felt insecure about their mutations. And tonight for once in their lives they finally get to be around people like them. They got to show off their powers and receive cheer and astonishment rather than the fear and anger they usually get." Felicia explains as she stares into Charles' beautiful blue eyes. "Were you not the same when you first met another mutant."

"Who are you telling me about how it feels to be a mutant," Charles says coldly. "You're just an ignorant, immature waste of a human girl and I'm glad at least Moira appreciates my help."

Felicia stands there speechless as Charles turns and walks the other way leaving Felicia with his icy cold words.

"Moira I-." Felicia go to apologise but is stopped from saying any more.

"Save it, Felicia. When Charles and I get back from Russia I better not see you here."

"What are you saying?" Felicia ask as her entire body fills with fear.

"You're fired, Felicia."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 292 20
What's her name? "(Y/N)." I prefer her real name. "Sauven; the legacy." I said her real name! "...Healer." "I call her Mender." "Medic." . . . "No...
112K 3.6K 42
Your heart thumped loudly in your ears yet it felt like you weren't breathing. "Oh my-" Charles spoke. "Is it really you?" You looked at the people...
84.8K 2.1K 16
"No running through the hallway!" I yelled as two boys ran past me. "Yes Professor." They said as they slowed down. I smiled as I shook my head and...
20.8K 959 23
Charles Xavier is in the grasp of depression. After his life came crashing down around him, he lived in the shadows, struggling to survive. Until Eri...