The Cat & The Canary

By AmaterasuNoMangaka

After the accident with the Polyjuice Potion, Hermione is left with permanent features of a cat - ears, claws... More

CHAPTER ONE - THE BETRAYED
CHAPTER TWO - THE REACTION
CHAPTER THREE - A NEW LIGHT
CHAPTER FOUR - THE ASSAULT
CHAPTER FIVE - THE FAILED TEST
CHAPTER SIX - MONEY TALKS
CHAPTER SEVEN - THE PACT
CHAPTER EIGHT - THE CLAIM
CHAPTER NINE - ROWENA'S GALLERY & THE CONSPIRACY
CHAPTER TEN - PUTTING THE PIECES BACK TOGETHER
CHAPTER ELEVEN - BITTER BUSINESS
CHAPTER THIRTEEN - SNAPE'S SECRETS REVEALED
CHAPTER FOURTEEN - THE WRATH OF GRYFFINDOR
CHAPTER FIFTEEN - THE HEIR'S MISSION
CHAPTER SIXTEEN - MEETING A MATRIARCH
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN - CLEARING THE FOG
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - MESSING WITH A MOTHER'S CUB
CHAPTER NINETEEN (PART I) - SCHOOL'S OUT EARLY
CHAPTER NINETEEN (PART 2) - THE GOLDEN HIGHLIGHT
CHAPTER NINETEEN (PART 3) - WHERE IS HE?
CHAPTER NINETEEN (PART FOUR - FINALE): THE INDIGO HIGHLIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY: THE MISSING LORD...LOCATED?!!!
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: THE LOST LORD...IS THE HOKAGE?!
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: A HIDDEN PAST REVEALED
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: BLOOD MEETS BLOOD, SOUL MEETS SOUL
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR: ROYAL REVELATIONS
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: HEARING THE VIPERS' VENOM
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX: REACHING OUT
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN: CONNECTION
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: THE MOONCREST ESTATE
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE: CALMING NERVES
CHAPTER THIRTY - DINNER WITH THE FUTURE IN-LAWS

CHAPTER TWELVE - MEETINGS AND HIDDEN LORE

5.9K 163 72
By AmaterasuNoMangaka

"Creature Speech"
"Hermione's Anger/Magic Control"
"Spells"
"Hermione's Anger/Magic Control Spells"

'Dear Heir Granger/Dagworth-Granger/Saber-Lobos,

A meeting has been scheduled between yourself, Lord Dagworth-Granger, Lady Saber-Lobos, Lord Frank Longbottom, Lady Alice Longbottom, Lord Xenophilius Lovegood, Future Lord Neville Longbottom, Future Lady Luna Lovegood at my office at Gringotts this upcoming Saturday to discuss the recent events have taken course in these last few weeks. Lord Frank Longbottom & Lady Alice Longbottom are extremely grateful for the things you have done for them and would love to show a personal debt of gratitude. Hope to see you this Saturday.

~ Signed, Ragnok - Gringotts Account Manager

'May your gold forever flow and your enemies lay dead at your feet.'

Hermione sat the letter on the table as she looked through a book on Bloodlinked Spells of the Saber-Lobos - there was one Waterbreathing, one on communicating with other Magical Creatures, even one on how to repair a wand that was torn or broken in two. Hermione looked around the newly-repaired office, she managed to fix all the books and make all of the papers that we scattered all over the place legible before she placed all of them in the proper places. Hermione rose from the chair before she grabbed the letter and walked down the main floor - where Neville and Luna were reading books. They noticed Hermione walking down the stairs with her ears flat in relaxation as she scratched the back of her head through her curls while making her way to her Bloodless Siblings.

"Ragnok has owled me that our parents want to talk about the recent events of the last few weeks." Hermione yawned as she took her seat on the lone chair to the right of them. "My parents and both of your parents, guys. Hopefully, we can do something that the 'oh-so-kind doctor- that handled your parent's case, Bro." Hermione said as her tail lightly patted against the side of the chair she was in.

"I agree. How did Rita Skeeter know about my parents' recovery and how did she know about Dr. Max? There was no one else in that hallway but us." Neville said as he leaned back into the sofa with his hand on his chin while he was deep in thought. Luna thought for a while before she looked at them.

"Maybe she was there but not within our sights - hiding in plain sights, like incognito." Luna thought out loud. Hermione thought about it before her eyes widened and her ear flicked.

"The Beat of Wings that I've been hearing every now and then. I think Rita might be an insect animagus and she's been spying on us since Harry and his bastard friends abandoned me. If so, we need to put her and that jackass doctor in his place." Hermione rose from her seat and started walking to the Master Bedroom in Rowena's Gallery with a sway in her tail, Luna looked at her with a raised eyebrow before calling out to her.

"Just what are you planning, you crazy sabertooth?" Luna asked her bloodless sister. Hermione stopped before she reached the door and turned in a semi-circle to face Luna while her feet remained pointing at the door - her eyes seemed to illuminate in the shadows and her fangs were on display in her Cheshire cat grin.

"If reporter and doctor think they can go behind our backs and write lies about us - we'll show them what happens when they turn their backs on predators." Hermione said before she walked into her room to head to sleep.

- Saturday Morning -

Hermione looked in her reflection in the mirror as she adjusted her ponytail - she was wearing a collared button-up shirt with black pants and a belt; a hole was cut just under the belt so that Hermione's tail could move freely and her black dress shoes were polished to a 't'. She smiled at herself but her head crooked as she thought she was missing something and a light bulb went off as she reached into her drawer and withdrew a black tie and equipped it - Prefect.

"A Tie? The outfit, I can get by, but don't you think the tie is a bit much, Hermione? You looked at a dude with boobs and Knzeale Features." Crookshanks asked her from his stop on her bed.

"I don't really like female clothes because I'm more of a tomboy." Hermione said as she buttoned the wrist cups of her shirt. "I know that the Goblins already respect us but I don't want to look like a fool in this important meeting - Mom and Dad are going to tell me everything and then there will be business with the Longbottom Family and the Lovegood Family; I don't want them to get the wrong impression about their Bloodless Sister." Hermione bid Crookshanks a goodbye before she walked into the Common Room and stood in the middle with her arms folded and her tail waving near her ankles as she waited for her brother.

"Oh, Hermione. You look good." A hushed seductive voice hit her ears; Hermione sighed on the inside and turned to see Ginny Weasley said behind her with a 'Love-Struck' look on her face.

"What do you want, Weasley? Don't you have something better to do than bother me?" Hermione huffed at her, Ginny snicked in response and walked closer to her - Hermione knew she was stupid but not stupid enough to try to place her hand on her arm.

"Unhand me, Ginevra." Hermione hissed.

"Come on, 'Mione. Don't be like that. Since you're looking like a gentleman, how about you take me somewhere nice? I hear Madame Puddifoot is having a Couple Special." Ginny whispered but Hermione fought the nerve to vomit.

"The only places we will go to is you to St. Mungo's from excessive claw marks to the face and I to Azkaban for life. Now, get your hand off me, Weasel!" Hermione said as she jerked her arm from Ginny's grasp, who looked shooked at Hermione's reaction.

"Why are you acting like this? I was just asking - "Hermione cut her off.

"You have no right to ask me that! Have you forgotten what you and your pathetic friends did to me?! How you abandoned me after this happened to me?! You have the nerve to act like you are a potential mate for me and you are one of the worse possible choices - Pansy Parkinson would a better choice. But you're here...give this message to them - You will never...get your dirty claws on my money." Hermione leaned in and whispered into Ginny's ear, causing the girl to shiver as Hermione pulled away and walked over to Neville, who was waiting and watching the entire time. Hermione greeted him and the two of them left to meet up with Luna.

Ginevra sunk to the ground, shaking like a leaf, when Ronald and Harry found her.

"Ginny? What's wrong? What happened?" Ron asked as he kneeled behind his sister. Ginevra looked up at her brother, gulped before she opened her mouth and spoke.

"She...She knows."

- Gringotts/Ragnok's Office -

Hermione, Luna, and Neville sat at the circular table across from them were their parents - Athena & Christopher sat behind Hermione. Alice & Frank sat beside Neville. Luna was sitting across from her father. Ragnok was sitting in a chair in the north of the table.

"I'm glad all of you could make it today, now we can get to the discussions at hand. Which would you like to speak of first?" Ragnok asked. Hermione opened her mouth.

"I would like to know something from my parents." There was a coldness in Hermione's voice but her parents expected this. "Why didn't you tell me that I was a Pureblooded Heir? Do you have any idea how much bullying and reticule I have done through before I hand this - " she gesturing to her ears, " - was done to me; only to have my best friends and my entire house abandon me? I was targetted and I was undermined until, thanks to my bloodless siblings, I found out my true standing in the world. I just want to know...why did you hide it from me and why did you - " she pointed to her mother, " - sealed 30% of my Magical Core away." Hermione finished, tears threatened from falling from her eyes; Neville and Luna placed their hands on Hermione's shoulder to make sure she knew they were there.

Christopher Dagworth-Granger was the definition of a 'Hunk of a Man' - he was tall and muscular for his age. His hair was short and bushed forward with a trimmed gote that matched his brown hair. His brown eyes were sharp and focused but at the same time was loving and compassionate. He sat there before his daughter wearing a black suit with a white undersuit and a black tie and on his dominant hand bore 2 rings - The Hufflepuff Head Ring & The Dagworth-Granger Family Ring. Christoper's hands were locked together and sat on the table as he looked at Hermione, speaking with a calm and loving voice, but at the same time - powerful and frightening.

"I cannot fathom the torment you have endured for our weaknesses, however, I want you to understand that we did not reveal who we truly were because of the Dark Lord." Christopher began. This caused the eyebrows of everyone in the room to rise.

"Voldemort? What does he have to do with any of this?" Hermione asked; speaking that taboo name caused everyone in the room to flinch. Christopher took a deep breath before he began.

"When Athena was pregnant with you, we were at home when we received a couple of of...unwanted guests." Christopher closed his eyes as the memory played back in his head.

- Dagworth-Granger Manor / 14 Years Ago (Athena was a few months pregnant with Hermione) / Christopher's Point Of View -

I sat in the grand chair of the living room reading the latest issue of the Daily Prophet - more on stocks - crazy deals - and some rumors about the rising of a Dark Lord named 'Voldemort'. I sighed knowing that the world was becoming a ruined land of fear. I looked over my paper to see my lovely wife sitting in her rocking chair reading a book before the fire; just the sight of her beauty made me forget about all of the darkness in the world - she was my personal ray of light.

"Chris, if you're done staring, do you mind getting me of a cup of tea?" Athena asked as she looked at me with a smile. I chuckled and nodded before closing my paper as I rose from my chair and headed to the kitchen. The pot was steaming as I took it off the eyes - we did have elves but we decided to give them all a day off, paid of course. I found the Jasmine Tea Bag as I placed it into the glass and poured the hot water into the glass. I raised the glass of tea before I heard Athena screaming my name, I dropped the cup and ran into the living room, only to find my wife standing from the chair and looking at the 2 new people in our living room - A tall man wearing a black robe with the face of a reptile and the eyes of crimson. Beside him was a woman, she wore a black dress and corset, her hair was black and wild and her bird skull ring and necklace were very...unsettling.

"Who are you and want are you doing in our home?" I demanded as I walked over to Athena and stood between my pregnant wife and these intruders.

"Greetings Lord Dagworth-Granger & Lady Saber-Lobos, I am The Dark Lord Voldemort and this - "He gestured to the woman beside him, "- is my right-hand commander - Bellatrix Black." my eyes widened - this was The Dark Lord, Voldemort, I heard about in the newspapers. I looked at him, my nose scrunched up in disgusted - his scent was foul, unearthly. The woman beside him was no better - she reeked of iron and earth - she has killed many but her eyes were confusing, they spoke of a sadness that I could not understand. She has suffered something great and it was eaten away at her sanity. I broke from my thoughts and looked at Voldemort.

"Why have you come to my home, Voldemort?" I narrowed my eyes in question - the woman - Bellatrix - flinched at his name and opened her mouth to speak but the Dark Lord rose his hand to silence her.

"I am here to offer a proposition, Lord Dagworth-Granger. This world of magic is one of kind, a treasure of lineage and order; in my eyes, it should not be tainted. At this moment, it is tainted with those of unpure blood - Thieves of Magic." He explained.

"Thieves of Magic? What are you talking about?" Athena asked behind me - this time, Bellatrix answered.

"The Mudbloods. The Filthy Mudbloods that come to our world and steal our magic. My Lord will rid this world of the filth and make it pure once again." Bellatrix explained, her body twitching with the sick grin on her face.

"However, to do this - I need those of powerful Pureblood. Who could be purer than 2 Heads of Royal Founder Houses?" Voldemort asked. I looked at him and narrowed my eyes.

"You asking us to join you?" Athena asked.

"Not asking - ordering. The Dark Lord does not ask of anyone. If he tells you to join him, then that is what you do. Royal Head or not." Bellatrix glared at me before her gaze shifted back to my wife. I glared at this...this...disgusting man. I opened my mouth to speak but the woman spoke again.

"How far along are you?" She asked Athena, my wife's eyes widened at this question.

"What are you talking about?" Athena asked.

"I can sense it - the power that is festering in your stomach, it rings with new, powerful life. That child you are carrying is holding incredible power...such power that could aid the Dark Lord's Cause." Bellatrix looked at Athena's belly with an insane grin. "Such a child...should belong to the House of Black." She took one step and my wand was pointing at her.

"You take one step closer and I will destroy you, you deranged woman." I growled at her - I could feel the beast inside me, begging for release to tear this woman and man apart. She looked at her 'Lord' with that crazed smile and what she spoke was chilling.

"My Lord, let me have the child." All 3 of us looked at her like she was crazy but what she spoke next caused the Dark Lord to smile. "The power festering in that infant is vast, I can teach it how to use it to serve you and only you - it would be a perfect replacement for the one I lost." So that was it - the sadness I saw on her face was the sadness of a mother who had lost a child. Regardless - She wasn't going to get mine.

"We will return in 2 weeks to get your answer. I hope you choose correctly." With that, he retreated back through the fireplace, Bellatrix remained for a while with that deranged smile on her face as she looked at my wife's belly before she followed him. The air was cleared and we released the breath we were holding in all this time.

'Two weeks? No time to waste.' I thought. 'I need to talk to Ragnok.'

- End of Flashback -

Hermione looked wide-eyed at the story her father just told her - She knew that Voldemort wanted them to join him but for Bellatrix to want a replacement for losing her own baby...it was frightening. Hermione looked at her claws on the table before she looked at her mother with laid back ears. "Is...Is that why you sealed away my core?" Hermione asked Athena.

"When we managed to get settled into the Muggle World with Ragnok's Help and you were born, your accidental magic got out of control and we started to see patrols looking around - Dark Wizards, they had the same smell as...him. We didn't want them to find you and take you to that woman - we were okay with losing our lives but we were not going to lose you to them, Hermione." Athena explained as she reached over the table and placed her hand over Hermione's, squeezing it lovingly. Hermione calmed herself and nodded. Christopher smiled before he looked at Frank Longbottom.

"I am to understand my daughter saved you." Chris asked the Head of the Longbottom Family.

"Indeed. All we know was that she found some family magic mind spells from her mother's side of the family and it was used to save our lives - the doctor who handled our case tried to manhandle her to give him to journal for credit when that didn't happen, he went to Rita Skeeter and a horrible article was used to slander Hermione and the others." Frank explained. Xenophilius looked at Luna, who nodded. Athena thought for a while before she got an idea.

"How about we have a Quibbler Interview - announcing the return of the Dagworth-Granger & Saber-Lobos Families to the Wizarding World and we will make sure nothing else like this happens again." Athena proposed.

"I would be grateful for that, Lady Saber-Lobos." Xenophilius bowed his head to her as she waved it off.

"Please, call me Athena. Our children are Bloodless Siblings so we would not be so formal. Now, Hermione, while you are an heir, I want you to be careful - Heirship is almost as powerful as Ladyship/Lordship and there are many people who would want to get their claws on you. Remain close to Neville and Luna whenever you can and tell Snape if you need anything." Hermione's mother explained - the mention of Snape's name caused her to shiver.

"I forgot he was my Godfather. I need to have a conversation on Monday." Hermione said as her ears laid down, showing her disinterested face. Hermione's parents discussed things with Neville and Luna's Parents about being Allies of the Houses Saber-Lobos and Dagworth-Granger - they were given small rings that were replicated to match the rings of Saber-Lobos and Dagworth-Granger Head Rings, showing that they were allies to the families. Neville and Luna were also given rings to show their bonds to Hermione as her Bloodless Siblings - they would be allowed into Hermione's Chambers at Hogwarts without Hermione's Permission, should she allow it. Hermione promised to grant this to her bloodless siblings once they had completed their training to resist the Unforgiveable Curse - Imperio.

As regarding Hermione's Feline Features - Christopher agreed once she was home for the break, he was going to explain how Hermione's Current Animagus Transformation was only the tip of the iceberg compared to what she could truly do. He explained that Inheritaged Animagus Transformation was more complicated that what Hermione understood at the moment.

After the meeting - the group stood in the Lobby of Gringotts discussing what was going to happen - Christopher and Athena were going to stay for a while to set up a personal account for Hermione and her Bloodless Siblings to access; as well as talk to Ragnok about the conditions of Dagworth-Granger Manor and to make sure it was suitable for living until all of the other properties were in order. Frank and Alice were going to have a date for the first time in many years while Xenophilius was going to prepare for the interview that was going to take place later in the week.

Hermione and her Bloodless Siblings withdrew 500 Gallons (To share) for the week and went on their way.

- In the Forbidden Forest -

The full moon was shining over the open treeline, upon the ground below the moon's light was illuminating and the 3 massive bodies of 3 creatures rested in the center of the clearing.

A Massive Sabertooth Tiger rested its' head on its' paws, humming a tune to itself while a Dire Cave Lion and a Dire Panther were laying in front of each a few feet away, in conversation.

"So, Neville, how does it feel now that you have your parent's back?" - the panther asked. The Cave Lion scratched his ear before he gave a giant toothed grin to his black-pelted companion.

"It feels great, Luna. I don't care about Lordship or anything but I'm grateful for what I have now." - He turned to look at the resting, humming sabertooth - "I am always in your debt, 'Mione." - The Lion told the Tiger, who just opened an eye and crooked a smirk at him.

"We're Siblings, Nev. Siblings look after each other. Hm." - The Tiger lifted its' massive head and looked around at the darkened forest with narrowed eyes. "Do you guys get the feeling that we are being watched?" - The Tiger asked. The Panther and the Cave Lion shook their heads.

"You're probably just tired from today. We did do a lot. Let's just get some rest before we go on our next run before heading back to the castle." - The Lion proposed before resting his head on his paws, the panther followed his example. The Sabertooth looked around with narrowed eyes for a little while longer before it too shrugged it off and rested its' head on its' paws. In the treeline a few meters away - a tabby cat sat on a lone tree, watching over the 3 predators with a sad smile and tears in its' eyes.

QUESTIONS?
COMMENTS?
THOUGHTS?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123 68 12
The sixth year at Hogwarts is upon us. And Y/N hopes that the new year will be less chaotic, but the Triwizard Tournament is being held again. And th...
6.7K 413 98
Eleanor is a muggle. Or that is what she thought. At age 15, she learns that there might be more to her, that she might be a witch. She is then sent...
38.4K 973 9
(If you see that there aren't as many chapters as you'd hoped, don't worry, each chapter is roughly about 1000-3000 words each. Enjoy!) The four wiza...
16.1K 317 4
Ron leaves after the war to avoid the girl who broke his heart. He is gone for over 6 years, ignoring all communication from his family and friends...