House of Glass | Complete โœ”

By Roozieh

๐™Ž๐™๐™–๐™™๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™จ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž๐™จ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™จ ๐™๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง ๐™—๐™š๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฌ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ง๐™ง๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ซ๐™š๐™ž๐™ก, ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž... More

Preface
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 [Last]
Epilogue

Prologue

2K 136 100
By Roozieh

Location: Kitchen, Gilani Residence

Time: 4:30 pm, 2 hours before the party

She had to walk fast to match pace with him. Going astray wasn't an option today. There was a lot of work to be done in very little time and it was her responsibility to see that everything runs smoothly. Ali had not stopped talking since the last 5 minutes and had been simultaneously instructing her and the other staff. They kept walking, first out of the kitchen, then across the backyard, until they reached the bottom of the back stairs, when he stopped for a moment and turned to look at her.

"You are still quite new so I must let you know, do not disturb madam when she's talking no matter what the urgency. She talks fast and only says everything once so make sure to get it clear in one go. Do not miss any instruction, even if they seem minute. And look presentable at all times. Okay?"

Kathaleen nodded her head.

"Good. Now follow me."

They climbed the stairs to the second floor where the bedrooms were. Each room had heavy, large 12-foot double doors which only partially boasted the luxury that was inside. As they went around the central corridor, their shoes clicked on the finest quality of Italian marble that were vigorously scrubbed everyday by a group of staff who's job was exclusively limited to keeping the floors shining. Such was the magnificence of the mansion, where Kathaleen had been employed only a few weeks ago. This would be her second meeting with their mistress and her first time entering her grand master bedroom.

Upon reaching the doors to the room, which was even more beautiful than the ones she had seen on her way, Ali took out a card from his pocket and swiped it across the slot in the electronic lock above the door handle. He was the only staff member apart from their madam's personal assistants who had access to her bedroom.

Ali slowly pushed the heavy door and went inside. Kathaleen followed quietly.

The size of the room was perhaps bigger than most middle class houses in Hungary. It had minimal furniture of neutral and grey tones, much like the rest of the house. Large windows that spanned the entire length of the walls from floor to ceiling, and were covered with light chiffon curtains.

Her eyes darted around the room and tried to scan it, but it would take much more than a few seconds to be able to see it properly. She was not at the luxury of sitting there and admiring the room, not today at least. She saw Ali walk towards a door on their left that was slightly ajar. He knocked to seek permission and then gestured Kathaleen to come over quickly.

Kathaleen first poked her head through the gap in the entrance and then gradually took a few steps in. There she saw slender figure dressed in an off-white robe sitting in front of her colossal vintage vanity mirror with her back faced to them. She was typing something on her phone and didn't look up upon their arrival.

"Yes Ali?"

"Ma'am this is Kathaleen. She'll be taking over Irene's duties for the day."

She looked up momentarily to see their reflections in the mirror, and went back to looking at her phone again. Kathaleen felt the pace of her heart increase a little.

"Good. I'm sure you must've told her everything that is required for tonight."

She dropped the phone on the table in front and looked up.

"And as for you, Kathaleen, you must be aware of the significance of responsibility that was handed to you for tonight. Heading the kitchen on a party night is no easy task. You have to do the job with extreme diligence. Normally I would not appoint someone new for this duty but because Irene had suggested your name before leaving to tend her ailing mother, I am going to put my trust in your capabilities."

She paused to take a pump of lotion in her hand and rubbed it in as she continued.

"The Gilani house parties are the talk of the town for weeks. There will be very important people coming tonight and by no means will I tolerate any mistakes. The food and the service must be the very best, and you will make sure of that. I hope that is clear?"

"Yes ma'am." Kathaleen nodded and bowed her head slightly.

"Ali will go over the details one more time with you and you will have to report to him regularly."

She turned her gaze to Ali, still looking at them through the reflections in the mirror.

"Ali, it's your responsibility to make sure the rest of the kitchen staff obey her and follow her instructions to the t. You know the stakes are high. Don't let me down."

"Of course ma'am. Rest assured, I will personally look after everything tonight, and this party too, will be a major success like all other Gilani parties."

He nodded his head a little before he left with Kathaleen at their madam's signal and closed the door behind him. The dressing room was filled with tranquil silence again as Faiza Gilani continued to get ready for the night.

_________________________

Location: Conference room, Gilani Office HQ, downtown Budapest

Time: 5 pm, 1 hour 30 minutes before the party

The conference room went silent. All the eyes were looking in one direction, towards the end of the table, waiting for a decision to be made.

He was looking at the presentation slide with great intent and drumming the tips of his fingers on the table. After five minutes had passed one of the executives sitting close to him spoke.

"Sir, I think we should go ahead with the deal. It looks quite promising and fulfils all the necessary requirements for the plant. It could be very profitable for the company."

The man sitting in the shadows on the hefty leather chair leaned forward. His face had become more visible to the people sitting near the other end.

"Could be profitable. I'm not denying. But Mr Kovács I would like to speak with your boss before making a call. So as of now, I am going to keep the decision to myself. I hope you are okay with that?"

He flashed a cold smile to the man standing in front of the projector screen.

"Sure sir. As you like it. I will talk to Mr Nebrovsky and ask him to get in touch with you."

"Yes I would appreciate that," he nodded.

Before anybody could ask for a closing statement he stood up and buttoned up his tailored blazer that snugly fit around his curved frame.

"Gentlemen, thank you for your time. We shall wrap it up here today. I'm heading home."

He walked out of the conference room with long strides. Two men followed right behind him waiting for his next instructions.

"Rudolph please update my schedule with the appointments for tomorrow and Vikas, get me the information about the Fitzgerald-Olgĕn merger. We have to keep our eyes open for all possibilities of collusion that maybe harmful for us."

"Yes sir." Each of them said one by one as they noted things down in a notebook. When the P.A.s left he took out his phone from the pocket inside his blazer and unlocked it to check the notifications. The top one was a text from Faiza.

'Nebrovsky is knee deep in personal loans. His wife is a member of the pool club. Tried to hide it but these news spread like wildfire. Go for the kill. He will take hasty decisions in desperation.

And you're welcome.'

The text left a smirk on his face. He knew delaying the decision would let him negotiate further and yield a more profitable deal, now that he had Nebrovsky's weakness in his hand.

Naushad Gilani did not make it to the list of richest business tycoon's in Budapest just like that. He had a reputation of being called the business vulture amongst his rivals, and was he going to let them down by not living up to name? Never.

________________________

Location: Master bedroom, Gilani Residence

Time: 6.45pm, 15 minutes into the party

A while had passed since sunset, the intricate crystal lighting bathed up the dressing room in warm white light. Her diamond jewelry was sparkling brightly even in the dim lights, and it was complementing her deep maroon saree and bold red lip perfectly.

Faiza sensed a presence near her but didn't turn at the sound of footsteps. The smell of his cologne got stronger as he stood behind her. Now she could see that his eyes were fixated on her in the reflection in the mirror. Naushad leaned in and kissed the bare skin on her shoulder that was exposed beneath her deep-neck blouse. When he straightened himself again, she turned herself to face him, one side of her lips curved into a smile. He took a step forward and ran a finger around the periphery of her face, tucking in a lock of neatly straightened hair behind her ear.

"You look so much hotter when you help me plot evil moves."

Faiza chuckled.

"I don't think I'm in the mood for a party anymore."

"Patience, husband." She threw her arms over his shoulders and interlocked her fingers behind his neck. "We still have a few evil moves to play tonight. Then you may reap all the benefits. But, after the party."

She brushed the back of her fingers against his clean shaven face. Then slid them down and stopped near the knot of his grey tie. Holding it from the base, she pushed it upwards and tightened it. Her freshly manicured nails contrasted well against the background of his white shirt and jet-black suit.

"Let's get going shall we? Don't want to keep the guests waiting."

Naushad nodded and took a step back. He bent his arm and Faiza wrapped hers around his elbow. They were ready. The party tonight was going to be a game-changer.

__________________________

Location: Grand Hall, Gilani Residence

Time: 8:15 pm, 1 hour 45 minutes into the party

The gargantuan hall was buzzing with guests even after dinner. Guests from all over Budapest. Business personalities, politicians and ministers, wealthy Indian expats and more. Naushad and Faiza Gilani's party were known for it's extravagance amongst the elite socialites of the city. They had made good connections through them, including some very powerful ones. The Minister of the Interior, Senor Peter Varga and his wife being one of them.

The husband wife had been busy entertaining their guests through most of the night. Their discussions could range from anywhere between familial gossip and political stances. A few of the women who were regular visitors at the pool club were huddled together at one side. Faiza was standing with them when Naushad walked over.

"Evening ladies," he greeted them with his signature dimpled smile. It was no secret to Faiza how coveted her husband was amongst the women. She enjoyed it nevertheless.

"Hope you all are having a wonderful time. Now if you could please excuse me, I would like to steal my wife for a moment."

He gently touched her at the elbow, gesturing to follow him. Faiza sported a graceful smile and excused herself. The two slowly moved through the crowd trying to attract the least amount of attention possible. But they could not have possibly evaded everyone's eyes successfully. A few people, especially the women saw them walk up the stairs and shared a few giggles between themselves. Their romance had always been an open secret. Some even swore that it was the reason behind Faiza's youthful appearance even when she was almost in her mid-thirties. Who wouldn't be happy with a husband like Naushad after all?

They were correct. Their blissful married life certainly was not a myth.

But that was not the reason they sneaked out tonight.

Naushad closed the door behind him as they stepped into their bedroom. The smile on both of their faces had disappeared. Faiza's eyes scanned the room that was lit only by the two table lamps kept on either sides of their bed. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

She looked at him with questioning eyes.

"What did you do to the body?" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 762 21
#1 of Crime Under Hysteria Nothing destructive would happen if two distant souls met, but what if the meeting leads to a tormentous disaster... Two...
6.4K 267 12
The rathores. The family name which is spread all over the world for its "Power" , "Name" and "Fame " Two brothers who can give life for each other...
285K 19.4K 48
Completed โœ… #1 in india on 16/11/21. Do you know the feeling? When someone is soo close but still soo apart..! When someone who is still your better...
84.6K 3.1K 32
||Book 1|| โ™กAliasha Rathoreโ™ก ~"har aashiq ki ajab kahani hai, chup rehna bhi pyaar ki nishani hai". A 24 year-old global superstar. She has everythi...