I'm The White Wolf

By shruthii

"Everett" I called him when he paused in his tracks. I looked around and realized that we were right in the m... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
EPILOGUE

Chapter 19

45.4K 2K 228
By shruthii

This chapter is dedicated to @meridaa :)

Pic on the side is of>>>

****

“You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It wont happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ‘I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.” 
― Joel Osteen
, Your Best Life Now: 7 Steps to Living at Your Full Potential

EVERETT P.O.V

I heaved a sigh as I heard Genessa’s words. My legs felt weak, so I fell on the couch and lowered my head. Running a hand through my hair, I gulped.

Thank-you Goddess! Thanks a lot! You finally showed me a way.

Now I had hope. I knew I could save Templar from Drew. I could bring the White Wolf back.

“Ra?” Keith repeated while I was thanking the Goddess.

“That’s what they call the sun and also the tribe leader. It’s like the way we call the moon Luna” Genessa described. “Their ancestors come from Egypt” Genessa added and I nodded interestedly.

“What’s the name of this tribe?” I demanded.

“Khepri. It means morning sun.”

“Do you know where they are?”

“Rómvos”

“It’s an island right?” I mused. I have heard about that Rhombus shaped island but I didn’t know any tribes lived there. I thought it was owned by a businessman.

“Ya” she confirmed. “Their leader, Adio, owns that island” she said and my eyes widened.

“Have you been there?”

“Yes. Almost three years ago. To ask something about Patricia. I was forced to leave the island before I could meet him” she said sourly and I stiffened.

“They know what we are?” I questioned.

“How old is this leader if he has met Patricia?” Keith demanded at the same time.

“They know about us and they are not humans either” she said and I frowned. “And I think Adio is nearly two-hundred years old.”

“They have longevity” I murmured to myself. “What are they?”

“A tribal group. They have chants and their rituals. Unlike us, they are not shifters but they are warriors. They don’t fight in groups. It’s usually the leaders of different tribal family who has a one-on-one fight. They use weapons too. Actually, they are completely opposite to us and I don’t know why you think they will help us” she mumbled and I furrowed my brows.

“I have gut instinct that this group can help us. Don’t this group and we have anything in common?” I asked desperately.

“They are healers just like us. I don’t know if it’s true but I heard they are immune to poison. Also, they are sharp shooters. We chase our targets. But the Khepri’s… they just stand and shoot down their prey.”

I sucked in a breath as I heard it. They must have really good eyesight if they always hit the bull’s eye.

“Why did Patricia curse Adio?” Terence asked Genessa.

“He offended her in some way. I had gone to ask the ‘why’ with Adio, but unfortunately….” Genessa trailed off while Myron growled on the other end.

While I was wondering what to do Myron spoke all of a sudden, “Hey… I think this tribal group, especially Adio can help Templar.”

“Why do you think so?” Genessa asked him before me.

“If Patricia had cursed him, then it obviously means Patricia knew about this tribe. If back then they were allies, then surely we can create a friendship between us even now” Myron explained.

“Umm… you forgot the part that Patricia cursed him. It definitely means they were not allies” Genessa pointed out.

“Oh” Myron said in a pained tone, “You are right” he sulked and I growled in frustration.

“I don’t care” I launched angrily. “I am going to meet Adio and ask for his help. I will give him anything he wants in return, if he can help Templar” I stated honestly.

“Guys” Terence said. “We have only six days left. If we think we have a chance, then we should go for it.”

“I agree” Keith said.

“Okay” Myron said. “Anything to help Templar” he said and I cocked an eyebrow because he wasn’t calling Templar princess now. It stopped ever since he met his mate.

“So, when are we leaving?” Genessa asked.

“Tonight” I said and Keith and Terence nodded.

“We are already in GreenRock” Keith informed them.

“What are you doing there?” Myron questioned.

“I just needed to clear my head and coming here really helped” I replied with a smile.

After Genessa cut the call, I leaned back against my seat and closed my eyes. My wolf, who was anxious all these days was surprisingly calm now. It was a good thing. When he is positive about something, then it obviously means, everything is going to be alright.

Adio.

I don’t know who he is or what exactly he is either, but I knew he could help Templar.

I also knew he might have some grudge against werewolves after getting cursed by Patrica, but I will do everything I can to make him agree to help Templar.

Now all I have to hope is that Adio, indeed can help Templar.

TEMPLAR P.O.V

Around five in the afternoon, that Saturday, I was sitting with Sveta and Jan in the living room. Both were surprisingly quiet and I wondered what was wrong.

I didn’t know why Sveta was quiet but Jan… she seemed a little iffy ever since Terence and her were put into the prison cell. My whole body shivered as I thought about it. I wondered how they both lived inside that prison cell.

I couldn’t even think of it and I felt terribly guilty that I had put my best friend there.

The other day Jan had apologized to me for slapping me, but Jan still seemed a little distant whenever she was with me. Maybe she is still angry with me.

I was brought back to the land of living when I heard Luka’s loud hearty cry. “I’ll get him” Sveta groaned.

“Jan?” I called once Sveta was out of my sight. “What’s wrong?” I demanded.

“Nothing” she said and I furrowed my brows.

“It’s not nothing. You seem a little distant from the past two days. Are you still mad that I had agreed to you being impris-”

“No Tem” Jan said cutting me off. “I am mad at myself. I should have known you wouldn’t do something like that but at the moment, I was just very furious that everyone doubted Terence. I didn’t like it and neither did my wolf. I thought you would tell others off, but when you too agreed with them… I just lost it and I am really sorry” she said. “I felt like shit when I came to know why you did it. Once we were in prison Terence started shouting at me before telling me everything” she said wincing.

“He shouted at you?” I asked with a frown.

“I totally deserved it” she established with a small smile. “I mean, I claim to be your best friend yet I didn’t understand your motive at that moment and I will forever live with that guilt.”

“No…” I groaned and Jan shook her head with a smile. “I told you it doesn’t matter to me” I reminded her and she rolled her eyes.

“I know, I know. But I still feel like shit” she mumbled with a shrug.

“What can I do to make you feel better?”  I asked her.

“Slap me?” she tested and I narrowed my eyes at her. “Alright fine. I will feel better when I know for sure you are okay” she said and I furrowed my brows.

“I am okay” I told her. I felt perfectly fine other than the throbbing in my head.

“No… I mean, when I see that your wolf is back” she said and I gulped. Jan noticed it and she paled, “She is not responding to you, is she?” she asked and I nodded weakly.

“I don’t know what’s wrong with her” I wobbled. “She just doesn’t give any response. No matter how much I try. I cannot shift, I cannot bare my fangs, and my growls aren’t powerful. Day by day my strength is getting weak. I almost feel like I am going back to how I was six years ago. It’s like I am Benjamin Buttoning” I finally whispered the last part.

“Tem” Jan called softly.

“I feel weak” I mumbled. “I haven’t felt like that in a long time” I added with a gulp.

“Hey Tem, listen” Jan snapped and I looked at her. “You are not weak, you understand?” she questioned and I looked away. “No… Tem” she said and I looked at her. “Remember one thing, you are not weak” she said glaring at me.

“I feel weak” I repeated.

“What makes you feel weak?” she asked.

“I don’t have my wolf” I answered sadly.

“And that makes you feel weak?” she snapped in outrage.

“Your mind is weak, that’s why you feel so weak. Weak isn’t just physically. You are so full of negativity right now Tem, that I am scared to be with you” she said bluntly and I winced. “You were never like this. Even seven years ago, you were a fighter. If you were weak then you would have never left GreenRock in the first place. But look at you now… you are behaving like a chicken” she growled out and then ran a hand through her hair.

“It’s difficult for me after losing the baby. Especially knowing it was my own fault” I cried.

“It’s not your fault. Why are you thinking that?”

“I shouldn’t have lost control that day. You know… the Goddess-” I sniffed, “She told me that day not to lose calm and I did the exact opposite.”

Jan was silent for a few seconds before saying, “Look, I can’t say I understand how you are feeling after losing the baby, but all I can say is that you need to move on from that. You are young and you’ll have another chance. Don’t ruin your life by blaming yourself” she said softly. “Besides, it’s not your fault. Those rogues-” Jan rumbled furiously and I looked up, “-they deliberately tried to make you furious. They deliberately took you away so that they could-” she paused and then wiped the tears in her eyes.

I furrowed my brows as I recalled what she said, “Why would they deliberately take me away?” I asked her in confusion.

“Just forget what I said” Jan muttered without looking at me.

“Jan?” I called and she peeked at me through the corner of her eyes. “Do you know something I don’t?” I demanded.

“No” she said and I knew she was lying. As I glared at her, Jan gulped and said, “Yes, I know.”

“What? Who… Who w-wanted me away from my pack?” I stuttered. Who would do that? Who wanted me away from my pack? I had only Ryker’s as my enemies. Are they after me, again?

“Rogues. They came to know you are a white wolf” she mumbled incoherently. “I don’t know exactly what happened. No one knows, except your wolf, who is…. not responding” she said through gritted teeth.

“Everett knows about this too?” I demanded and Jan nodded weakly.

“He doesn’t know everything either. Only your wolf does. I just hope you get your wolf back soon” she said and swallowed audibly.

Growling, I lowered my head. What happened in that one week was a set up? I was purposefully taken away from my pack?

Who would do that?

Who is this new enemy?

I closed my eyes and then harshly rubbed the tears from my eyes. Before I could ask anything more with Jan, Ophelia came into the living room holding an envelope.

“This is for you” she said handing me the envelope.

Thinking it’s a letter from publishing company; I took it and then opened it. However, as I saw the midnight blue paper inside the envelope, I paled.

I knew who it was from even before I read what was written in that card.

With shaking hands, I pulled the card out. My vision was hazy, for few seconds, as I stared at the card. All I could see was silver prints on the navy blue paper. However, after blinking repeatedly, I could properly see what was written in silver ink on the letter sent to me, by the Sorority.

TEMPLAR GREEN

LUNA- WATERWAVE PACK.

Mrs. Green,

It has come to our notice that your actions have caused a lot of uproar amongst our kind. We have already received the complaints from three Alphas’ whose packs have had to endure your wrath. The Alphas’ have accused you of trespassing, damaging property, killing of pack wolves,  injuring pack wolves and coercing wolves to surrender themselves to you.

We are also aware that seven years ago, you have lied to the Sorority about your identity in the WaterWave Pack.

Your fatalities have come to us with their grievances and, as being the Sorority; it is our duty, to provide justice to them.

If you have anything to say to claim your innocence, then we expect you to send it in writing to us on or before 10-31-2013.

If not, then you are asked to be present in the Sorority Building at 11:00 A.M on 11-02-2013. There we will have the first hearing of your trial.

NOTE: The Sorority will be forced to take strict actions against you, if you choose to miss out the trial.

Sincerely,

Mr. Louis Gibb

Chief Justice- Sorority.

Shaking my head, I dropped the letter and leaned back against the couch. Reece did what he told he would.

“What is it?” Jan asked picking up the letter from the floor. Her expression hardened as she read who the letter was from.

“You don’t have to go to this shitty building” Jan growled out passing the letter to Ophelia. “And what they wrote is bullshit because you didn’t kill any pack wolves” Jan clarified. I didn’t feel any relief after hearing that truth.

“I agree. You are above all this. You don’t have to answer to anyone about your actions and besides, those rogues attacked you first” Ophelia pointed out, putting the letter back in the envelope.

“I am going there” I stated and extended my hand to Ophelia, who handed me the letter.

“Why?” Ophelia asked in confusion.

“I feel guilty about everything” I said honestly.

“They are going to make you feel worse” Jan reminded and I winced. I knew they would. Especially Louis, who hated me.

“Just reconsider your decision about going to Sorority. Don’t act in haste” Ophelia opined and I nodded. I was ready to reconsider my decision mainly because I didn’t want them making me feel worse.

Jan was right. Her words even though they hurt, were cent percent true.

I was full of negativity these days. Ever since I lost the baby, I have been living in darkness. All I do is spend my day cooped up inside my room and that was not good for my health.

Maybe it’s time I move on. I cannot forget the child I lost, but I knew I couldn’t mourn for it forever. Thinking only about the lost baby would make me lose the loved ones I have around me. Jan already said, she is scared to be with me and if Rett feels the same, then it would kill me. He has been so patient with me these past few days, that I don’t know how to thank him.

It’s time that I get over that grief. Maybe someday I will be able to forgive myself for being so reckless. However now, it’s time that I let it go, slowly forget it. If the rogues deliberately riled my wolf up, then I think there was very little I could have done to save my baby.

I should also consider the most basic truth- that I wasn’t aware I was pregnant. Had I known, I would have never been so careless. My wolf would have stayed in control too.

Sighing, I closed my eyes and smiled. It’s time I learn to get over this grief.

Like Jan said, I do have a second chance which I am going to grab with both my hands. I will not act so stupidly again.

“I don’t want you to go” Jan grumbled bringing me out of my thoughts. “Those three heads of Sorority are not fit to be the heads. I don’t even know who choose them.”

“Alpha’s” Ophelia supplied. “The judges change once in five years only if the Alpha’s agree for it to happen. Since no one did so, three years ago, we have to bear them for another two years.”

I shuddered at that mere thought. If I can, I will first kick Louis out of there because he doesn’t deserve the seat and neither does his companions, who agree with all his words.

The clock stuck six and soon my head started pounding. My heartbeat increased rapidly and I felt cold shiver run all over my body.

I felt sick.

Jan rushed towards me while I placed a hand on my temple.

“Tem, can you hear me?” she asked and I nodded closing my eyes. “Tell me what’s happening to you?” she asked.

“I… I don’t know” I croaked out. I felt sleepy. My head was too heavy for my neck and right now all I wanted to do was lie down and take rest.

“Sveta” Jan shouted and I winced. “It’s happening” she cried out.

What’s happening? What does Jan know?

I tried opening my eyes, but I wasn’t that successful. All I wanted to do was sleep.

“Templar” I heard Sveta calling me and I looked at her, but everything was a blur to me. I felt her holding my arm and gently rubbing my arm with alcohol. After two minutes, she inserted a needle into my arm.

I cried out in pain but before I could move, Jan held me tightly.

“What did you do to me?” I asked Sveta in a whisper, after she removed the needle from my body.

 “It’s going to put you to sleep” Sveta replied softly.

“Thanks” I whispered before closing my eyes shut and drifting into a dreamless sleep.

****

Hope you liked it :)

Next chapter will be posted on 29th

Don’t forget to vote, comment and follow.

Thanks :-*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

257K 17.4K 20
Lydia Anabor's life was one full of peace and adventure growing up side by side with her father. The only thing that really bugged her was the consta...
52K 1.7K 29
This story is not about rejection or my pack beause I would have had to know about werewolves before I fell in love with one. With a family cabin al...
10.9K 576 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~ "I love you too. We should probably get going before the others get worried." I say pulling away from his hug. "Whatever you say gorgeou...
16.7K 564 6
"You're mine, don't you understand!" he shouted "No," I say quietly lowering my head as to not see his pitch black eyes and angry state. As my eyes s...