Demons | Guardians of the Gal...

ReverseCanary tarafından

Demons | "I want to hide the truth, I want to shelter you, ... Daha Fazla

I) Cast
II) Playlist
III) Prologue: Demons
PART ONE: VOLUME. ONE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
PART TWO: VOLUME. TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
EPILOGUE

FOURTEEN

1K 26 0
ReverseCanary tarafından

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
"Peter, as much as I find this genuinely sweet..."

      AS THE PAIR ROLLED INTO the oxygen filled Ravagers ship, Peter gasped for air gratefully, but his attention was on the girl. He instantly lifted his head, still inhaling an abundance of fresh air as he rested his hands on either side of Allison's face, looking for any sign of life in her pale face. He barely worried about himself at this point, waiting anxiously for a response from Allison.

Suddenly, she coughed loudly. Her lips parted as she sucked in the fresh oxygen, relieved to be alive and glad because if she was there, that meant Frost was alive too. Rocket's right, they can't live without the other. Peter sighed with relief, resting one of his hands on Allison's pale cheek, his body relaxing and his other arm dropping to his forearm as he leant on it. He wasn't bothered by how close he was to Allison, their chests pushed together with their faces inches apart and legs tangled together. She didn't seem bothered either.

"Peter..." she practically whispered as her eyes squinted open. One of her hands lifted, curling around his shoulder with her fingers twitching, her other arm rested limply beside her hand, hand curling above her head. Her body felt numb, sense of feel unrecognisable. "What-what happened?" Allison continued to breathe heavily, eyes roaming around the room as she continued to inhale and exhale rapidly, refilling her lungs and giving both sides of her enough air to survive.

He... He saved us... When you get a chance... Thank him for me, please?

"You saved... Us?" Allison asked, her voice horse as her eyes met his again. Across his shoulder blade, her fingers twitched drumming across his should as her sense of feel coming back and the numbness fading.

"I saw you out there... I don't know what came over me. But I couldn't let you die," Peter explains to the Ice Demon breathlessly, his eyes never moving from her own. "I found something inside of myself. Something... Incredibly heroic-" Allison fought the urge to roll her eyes. "I mean, not to brag, but objectively-"

Allison's deep sigh cuts him off. "Peter, as much as I find this genuinely sweet, and I appreciate you saving Frost and I, we both really do, I have one question for you," she spoke quickly, moving one of her freezing hands to shove Peter's hand away from her face. "Where's the Orb?" Frost scoffed in her head. "Oh so you're back to being rude?" Peter gave her an odd look before quickly speaking.

"N-no, I'm not trying to be rude, it's just... Uh, you see... Well, they got the Orb-"

Allison's eyes widened as both her and Frost said the same response. "What!" Her voice came out sharper and more angrier then it should have due to the fact it had been both their voice. If Nebula got the Orb, that meant Ronan would have it by now, which also meant the universe was in terrible danger.

We should've freezed him when we had the chance! Now, after that near death experience, our powers will be dormant for a few hours!

Suddenly, the doors beside them slid open, startling both of them. Allison gently pushed at Peter's chest trying to get him to move but he was frozen in place, staring up at the army of Ravagers that glared at the pair, guns raised and prepared to shoot.

"Wow, it's such a coincidence that our cryokinesis goes dormant when we're trapped on a Ravager ship!" Allison bellowed, anger bubbling in her veins, getting a surge of strength. Her typically kindhearted and timid personality was gone. She shoved Peter off her, making him grunt as he fell to her left.

"Welcome home, Peter," one of them said before a few stepped forward and dragged Allison and Peter to their feet.

I'll tell you when we're back to full strength.

"Cooperation? Wow, that's a new one," Allison muttered.

You're suppose to be the nice and calm one! Being angry is my job!

"Whatever, just tell me when we're back to normal."

Knowing she'd have absolutely zero chance of fighting through the group of Ravagers that also had weapons, Allison reluctantly followed their orders and allowed them to drag her way, seeing Peter flash her worried glances every once and a while, surprised at the annoyance and anger Allison showed. He didn't realise there was a bad bone in Allison's body.

❄️

"YOU BETRAY ME? STEAL MY MONEY?" Peter grunts loudly each time Yondu's fist collides with his stomach.

Allison was about a meter way, thrashing in two Ravagers grips, trying to break free. She was very angry and annoyed, nothing would change that, but seeing Peter in pain was hurting her more. "Stop it! She bellowed, her body temperature dropping as her anger levels rose. "Leave him alone!"

Allison! Stop struggling!

"When I picked you up as a kid, these boys wanted to eat you," Yondu growled, gripping onto Peter's chin and forcing him to look directly ahead at the Ravager leader. Allison could feel her heart racing in her chest, thumping loudly as she strained herself, pulling at her left arm in an attempt to break free. "They ain't never tasted Terran before. I saved your life!"

That's cannibalism

"Not exactly," Allison said through clenched teeth, but it was much louder then she expected.

Yondu's anger filled glare turned to Allison and the Ice Demon didn't back down, her eyes flickering to Frost's icy white ones before back to her own brown ones. "You trying to intimidate me-"

"Yondu, leave her out of it!" Peter began to struggle in two Ravagers grip, worried of what was gonna happen to Allison because she responded to Frost probably.

Yondu looked back at Peter with an evil smirk, pointing to the Ice Demon. "This your girlfriend?"

God, he's an asshole

"Leave her out of this, Allison has nothing to do with any of this," Peter practically begged, still struggling in the grips of two Ravagers. Yondu glanced back at the Star-Lord, looking at Allison once last time, who physically snarled, before marching back towards Peter. "And for god sake, would you shut up about eating me! Twenty years you've been throwing that in my face, like it's some great thing, not eating me!"

His life story gets darker everytime it's told.

"Normal people don't even think about eating someone else! Much less that person having to be grateful for it." Allison focused her strength on her right hand, continuing to try and pull her arm free, her eyes continuing to flicker from her's to Frost's  eyes, the Ice Demon form showing because of her anger. "You abducted me, man. You stole me from my home and from my family."

Hearing Peter talk about how Yondu abducted him made Allison even more angry. She was beginning to mentally pray that she'd have her powers again in the next few minutes or otherwise she was prepared to punch Yondu herself.

"You don't give a damn about your Terra!" Yondu continued to yell in Peter's face. "You're scared because you're soft in here," Yondu proceeded to slap his own chest twice before Peter's. "Here! Here, right here!"

"Yondu! Listen to me!" Allison screamed, her voice echoing over the Ravagers and causing them to quiet down.

Allison don't fight him. We just survived a near death experience, we don't need another!

Allison closed her eyes and inhaled sharply through her nose before letting it go, pushing Frost back. "Ronan has something called an Infinity Stone."

"I know what he's got, girl," Yondu snapped back, glaring at the Ice Demon and seeing her eyes flicker from icy white back to her normal brown ones.

"Then you understand that we must get it back. He's gonna use it to wipe out Xandar and then the universe. We have to warn them, stop him before he destroys Xandar. Billions of people will perish," Allison pleaded, still trying to break free of the Ravenger's grips on her arms.

"Is that what she's filling your head with, boy? Sentiment?" Peter received a sharp slap from Yondu as the Ravengers around them laughed. The Ravenger leader stepped forward, gripping tightly onto the collar of Peter's coat. "Eating away your brain like maggots?"

Okay, that's disgusting

Allison also was disgusted, her face scrunching up at the mental image Yondu just painted.

"That's it." Allison watched from her spot as Yondu whistled sharply. A red tipped arrow came zooming into view, leaving a trail of crimson red behind it that faded away seconds later.

Allison screamed as it stopped inches away from Peter's neck. "No!"

"Sorry, boy," Yondu said unapologetically, turning to face the Ravagers. "But a Captain's gotta teach his men what happens to those what cross him."

Yells of agreement echoed over the room as one of them shouted: "Captain's gotta teach stuff!" More shouts and murmurs of agreement.

Allison continued to struggle, her worry increasing each time she looked at Peter. Their eyes did lock once, and Peter instantly saw the anger printed over Allison's expression and he mouthed a no. Even without cryokinesis, Peter guessed that Frost would still be reckless.

"If you kill me now... You are saying goodbye to the biggest score you have ever seen..." Peter said with his voice strained.

Yondu slowly turned to face Peter again. "The Stone? I hope you got something better than that. Because ain't nobody stealing from Ronan."

"We got a ringer!" Allison quickly blurted out, remembering Gamora's connection to Thanos and more importantly, Ronan.

We're throwing Gamora under the bus now?

"Is that right?"

Allison nodded vigorously. "She knows everything there is to know about Ronan. His ships, his army, anything. He's vulnerable."

Peter took over speaking, not liking the threatening stare Yondu was giving the Ice Demon. "Hey, what do you say, Yondu, huh? Me and you, taking down a mark side-by-side like the old days? With the addition of an ice sorceress and some other friends," Peter chuckles.

Silence. Absolute silence. Allison held her breath as she waited for a response, Frost even staying silent, having no snarky remark or input to the situation.

Suddenly, Yondu bursted out laughing obnoxiously. With a quick whistle, the arrow backed away from Peter and flew back into Yondu's pocket, hidden from anyone's sight. "You always did have a scrote, boy!" Allison let go of her breath, tugging her arms away from the two Ravager's grips, surprised when it worked. Yondu pulled Peter in for a rough but tight hug, confusing Allison. "That's why I kept you on as a young'un."

I'm so confused...

"You and me both, Frost, you and me both..." Allison admitted, rubbing her arms uncomfortably as the Ravagers all started delighted yelling and obnoxious laughs.

She bit the side of her lip, looking down and inhaling sharply to calm herself. Yeah, she was angry, but the memories from when she was kidnapped still appeared and calming herself was the only way to get rid of them.

Allison visibly jumped as she felt a hand rest on her shoulder. Looking up, she met Peter's worried stares as the Ravagers still celebrated and talked rather loudly around them.

"You all right?" he asked, raising his voice in hopes that Allison could hear him. But to her, he just mouthed the words.

Opening her mouth to answer, Allison was startled at a rumbling shot through the Ravager ship. Peter and Allison exchanged a look before the room cleared out, everybody heading for the cockpit to get a visual of who was firing at them.

I bet it's Rocket and Groot

"Captain, the shot was non-damaging," the pilot informed Yondu as the group reached the front.

"Attention idiots!" Rocket announced over the Milano's speaker. Allison smirked in amusement as Frost murmured a told you in her head. Groot, Gamora and Rocket were sat in the cockpit, Gamora and Groot simply watching as Rocket controlled the ships actions. Drax stood on top with a space suit on, holding an advanced type of gun. "The lunatic on top of this craft is holding a Hadron Enforcer. It's a weapon of my own design."

"What the hell?" Yondu muttered.

Allison rolled her eyes. "Oh Jesus."

"If you don't hand over our compnions now, he's gonna tear your ship a new one. A very big new one!"

Yondu looked around to the other Ravagers. "I ain't buying it."

He really should believe what Rocket's saying.

"I'm giving you to the count of five." Allison and Peter shared a look before both of them ran forward, searching for a way to speak over the speakers and to Rocket. "5... 4... 3..."

"Rocket, it's me, for God sake!" Peter exclaimed as he pressed a button on the pilot seat's armrest. "We figured it out! We're fine!"

"Oh, hey, Quill. What's going on?"

Allison tilted her head back, running her hands down her face with a frustrated groan. One day, she is sure the stress of working with Rocket the Raccoon will kill her.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

215K 5.6K 26
You were abducted from the playground of your school after you ran away from your temporary home. The foster parents you had abused you mentally and...
13K 373 19
||BEHIND THE MASK SERIES: BOOK 1|| ────── ✼✼✼ ────── "You said it yourself. We're the Guardians of the Galaxy." ────── ✼✼✼ ────── In which Primrose Q...
11.4K 401 38
and she was alright, the band was back together and she was alright, the song went on forever [ being rewritten ] [ peter quill x fem!oc ] [ guardian...
15.3K 343 14
It has been a few months since Ronan's defeat, everything was going good for the guardians. Until Iris's furry boyfriend Rocket, stole the Sovereign'...