Sidratul Muntaha

By roshannay

"Jibreel..." Her voice whispered in abandon, his name. His heartbeat faltered. "My Rabb have surely created y... More

Apologies
Dedication
Instagram
Prologue
Chapter 1🌹
Chapter 2πŸ’§
Chapter 3 πŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈ
Chapter 4βš”οΈ
Chapter 5 🌊
Chapter 6 πŸŒ™
Chapter 7 🌳
Chapter 8 πŸ›₯
Chapter 9 πŸ§žβ€β™‚οΈ
Chapter 10πŸŒͺ
Chapter 11β›ˆ
Chapter 12 🏊🏽
Chapter 13πŸ”₯
Chapter 14 🐎
Chapter 15 🌺
Chapter 16πŸ„
Chapter 17 πŸŒ•
Chapter 18πŸ§—β€β™€οΈ
Chapter 19πŸ‚
Chapter 20πŸ₯
Chapter 21 πŸ¦…
Chapter 22πŸ₯€
Chapter 23❣️
Chapter 24πŸ’•
Chapter 25β›°
Chapter 26🏹
Chapter 27🍎
Chapter 28πŸ§•
Chapter 29πŸŒ™
Chapter 30 🌨
Chapter 31πŸ₯£
Chapter 32🌻
Chapter 33🍞
Chapter 34🎁
Chapter 35⚜️
Chapter 36πŸ•―
Chapter 37πŸ’ƒπŸ»
Chapter 38🌡
Chapter 39🌸
Chapter 40β˜€οΈ
Chapter 41🌨
Chapter 42🌫
Chapter 43🀎
Chapter 44πŸ–€
Chapter 45πŸ’Ž
Chapter 46🧎🏽
Chapter 47🚣🏽
Chapter 48πŸŒ’
Chapter 49πŸ‘ΈπŸ½
Chapter 50🏚
Chapter 51πŸ•
Chapter 52πŸ”
Chapter 53⛏
Chapter 54🌿
Chapter 55πŸ’
Chapter 56πŸ“©
Chapter 57πŸ”ͺ
Chapter 58β›“
Chapter 59🎭
Chapter 60β˜„οΈ
Chapter 61πŸŒ‘
Chapter 62πŸ‡πŸΎ
Chapter 63πŸ’€
Chapter 64πŸ’πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
Chapter 65🎠
Chapter 66πŸŒ„
Chapter 67πŸ’«
Chapter 68⚑️
Chapter 70πŸ˜‚
Chapter 71πŸ’§
Chapter 72🀲🏿
Chapter 73πŸ’₯
Chapter 74🦩
Chapter 75🎍
Chapter 76πŸ’‰
Chapter 77🩺
Chapter 78πŸ›‘
Chapter 79πŸ’”
Chapter 80☘️
Chapter 81πŸŽ†
Chapter 82🌌
Chapter 83🏞
Chapter 84βš”οΈ
Chapter 85🌱
Chapter 86πŸ‘©πŸ½β€βš•οΈ
Chapter 87❀️
Chapter 88🎈
Chapter 89β›ˆ
Chapter 90πŸ”œ
We are back on trackπŸ‘
Chapter 91β™Ύ
Chapter 92🍭
Chapter 93πŸ’“
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Author's note
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Author's note AgainπŸ˜‚
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112

Chapter 69🌠

1.9K 260 146
By roshannay

Bismillahi Rrahmaani Rraheem •

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu•

Dear readers, Jazakallahu khair for all the kind words you all have been uttering. You all are beautiful and amazing. Jazakallahu khair for the beautiful support. And here you go...

___________________

Sidratul Muntaha winced as she moved the wrong way and felt her stitch tighten near her chest.

"I hate sorcerers." She whispered to herself and tried to ease herself on the bed.

"Need help?" She heard Daarim. He was watching her while waggling his eyebrows. She frowned at him.

"You know Vareesha is close to me right? The next time I see you waggle the pair I will complain to her." She told him seriously.

"Why?" Daarim threw his hands up in frustration. "Why do Jibreel and you, both of you threaten me with Vareesha? Do I look like she scares me?" He enquired mockingly. "I mean look at me! I am a warrior! Do you think a teeny tiny woman like Vareesha could scare me?"

"Vareesha! How nice of you to join us!" Sidra exclaimed suddenly. Daarim turned around hastily.

"I was just joki-" He stopped when he saw there was no one. Sidra was laughing in amusement. He turned back towards her. "Not funny!"

"Ohh! But does that teeny tiny woman scare you big warrior?" Sidra joked.

"Okay okay I deserved that." Daarim pacified her. "Now... do you need help?"

"I am fine. I moved the wrong way." Sidra replied.

"Why didn't you call someone?" Daarim asked. Sidra watched the door carefully before she gestured Daarim to come over. He walked nearer curiously.

"I am scared." She whispered. Daarim watched her in shock.

"What! You are scared? You faced the sorcerers so bravely and you say you are scared here?" He almost shouted.

"Ssh!" Sidra hastily whispered. He quieted down and watched her. "I am not scared of this place! I am scared of Raabel!"

"What! Why?" Daarim was genuinely curious now. "She is one of the gentlest elder I have ever met. Why are you scared of her?"

"Daarim you promise me you won't laugh." Sidra whispered as she looked away. Daarim promised her. "She made me feel so emotional Daarim!" Sidra told him quietly. "I felt like... like my mother had suddenly begun to love me." She whispered. Daarim stilled. "Since I can remember, I don't remember my mother ever loving me. My father too kept me at a distance. They loved Amiza, but when it was me, they always distanced me." She chuckled bitterly. "It was only later I knew why. Because they didn't want any emotional attachment with me. I thought all of this was normal, I have never seen what familial love looks like. My family in the true sense has always been Amiza. But she was quite young and understood very later regarding my distance from the family. By then, I had never experienced that physical gentleness from a mother or a father. I had never been hugged by my mother, never been lifted up in the air by my father. My brothers never pulled my hair or kissed my forehead. And for me this untouchability became normal. It became the way I lived." Sidra stopped and looked at Daarim, who had gone pale. He looked heartbroken for her. She smiled slightly at him to indicate that she was fine. Some how she had developed this immunity. And even though her heart had ached long ago to experience that love from her family, now she had let it go. Her Allah had held her heart firm for her. She remembered how when she had fallen down when she was young, she had rushed to her mother and her mother had just taken care of the wound and never said a word to her except not to fool around. But when Avik, Arvan or Amiza had fallen, Ratfa had hugged them and kissed their wounds. Then, she hadn't understood and it had hurt her a lot, but gradually, she had learned to accept it as life. "And then I met Muntaha." Sidra whispered. Daarim had stilled again but this time because of the whole world that he could see in Sidra's eyes. She was long lost in his memories now. "Muntaha was the first person to hold onto me when my world was burning. He comforted me and taught me what the safety of being with someone meant. When I am with him, I feel like Allah had enabled my whole protection through him. And then I went away. We met in the valley and that was the time I learned about a different kind of comfort. In all this, the feeling of familial love has preluded me thoroughly. Some days ago when Raabel hugged me and kissed my forehead. She made me feel something which I have never felt in my life before. Amiza was loving and caring but she is my sister and I am the elder one. I have been motherly to her and she had always taken comfort. For the first time in my life Daarim, I felt touched by a mother. I felt like those arms that have hugged me and those lips that had kissed my forehead belonged to my mother. Daarim I felt scared of that feeling. Is it normal?" She asked him and for the very first time since he departed from Muntaha he wished Muntaha was the one who had come here instead. Because wallahi, this pain which had exploded in his chest for this sister, was too unbearable for him. This pain which Sidra's innocent question had brought with it wasn't something he could handle. Muntaha would have handled everything thoroughly but Muntaha wasn't here. "I am scared that if I call out, Raabel would be the first one to respond and make me feel those feelings again and I am scared of setting her off. I am not used to such love. I am not used to these familial touches." And Daarim couldn't speak a word in response because he didn't understand what would be an appropriate answer to such a question. As he watched her, he realised that she was genuinely curious and not at all emotional, and that broke him some more. Didn't she know what she has been deprived from? He stayed silent and wished that Allah saved him from answering.

"Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu." Raabel entered. She looked pale too. "Do you need anything dear?" She asked Sidra, who was looking alarmed.

"No not at all. I am fine." Sidra replied a little too quickly.

Raabel settled herself beside Sidra though and picked her hand up. She began to clip her nails, which had grown and had dirt in them. Sidra looked more uncomfortable by the second and Daarim felt like crying. He bit his lips.

"I will see you later woman!" He said gruffly.

"No wait here!" Sidra exclaimed in alarm. She didn't want to stay alone with Raabel.

"I really need to go Sidr." Daarim told her and felt upset at her expression. But he couldn't stay there for a moment more. He would cry and that didn't exactly suit the manly Daarim, did it? He walked away leaving her with Raabel.

"Why are you so worried to be left alone with me? Scared that I will harm you?" Raabel questioned half in amusement and half in disappointment. This little princess of her's wanted to escape from her presence and that just didn't appeal to her. But as she watched Sidra she understood what everyone meant when they spoke of her.

"Scared about you harming me? No not at all. I trust my Rabb to keep me safe. He have never put me in jeopardy without teaching me important lessons and even in the future, He would never let me get harmed. And when I trust the best of the Protectors to keep me safe, then how can I be scared of His creation, who comes under his reign? You misunderstand me." Sidra replied. The tight feeling that had constricted her throat tightened more but this time in happiness. Wallahi this girl before her was Hareem's daughter all right. Her tawakkul and bravery were definitely the only inheritance her parents had left for her from their vast empire. What they couldn't give her was love... Raabel had heard everything from outside and her heart had shattered at Sidra's words. Allah... why hadn't she searched some more for their princess? Why hadn't she scoured every nook and corner of this world to bring her daughter back? Her Siham had longed and ached for a hug from a mother and here two mothers had awaited for her to sooth their hearts with her presence. What game had destiny played with them? She had thirsted for the air to play with her face as her father threw her high up and caught her in his arms, and a father had prayed for ages for her birth, only for her to go missing soon after she was named. Their happiness had dispersed as soon as it had arrived and Raabel had stood in the ashes of the past and longed for this girl who had by Allah's will, turned to a woman they all had wanted to mould her into by their love, but she had become that all on her own. The plethora of feelings clashing in her soul confused her on whether she should bow down in sujood at His SWT's nurturing ways or to cry to the heavens for depriving Siham of the love she deserved. Her heart was breaking too hard. Sidra watched as Raabel watched her tearfully. "Why do you watch me like that?" She enquired softly, gently. Raabel sighed.

"Like how?" She questioned.

"Like you are blaming yourself for something. Like something dreadful had happened but you are unsure of whether to cry or laugh." Sidra replied. Raabel smiled slightly.

"Now I know why they say you are one of the most amazing woman our there. Nothing hides from your eyes?" She joked. Sidra blushed.

"You are wrong again. I just cannot help but observe you. You are wearing your emotions on the sleeve for me and I can't seem to understand why."

"Why do you need to understand that? Why don't you just accept it?"

"A practical stranger is behaving like I am the only thing that matters. Someone other than Jibreel is behaving that way and I cannot just accept it." Sidra replied.

"Why is it that Jibreel's feelings doesn't make you question them?" Raabel asked partly out of genuine curiosity and partly because she wanted to change the topic from her feelings.

"Because he is Jibreel." Sidra's answer was very simple yet so elaborate. Raabel chuckled. At least, that had remained unchanged by time and destiny, their love for each other.

"You seem to love him crazily." Raabel questioned, distracting Sidra.

"That and more." Sidra whispered as she watched Raabel. She knew that Raabel was distracting her, but she respected her privacy and didn't want to force her to reveal anything that she didn't want to. After that the atmosphere eased a little as they begun to talk about various lighter topics, till Sidra fell asleep.

"How I wish you could have been with us for all these years!" She eased Sidra on the bed and placed the blanket over her before kissing her forehead gently. "Sleep my little Princess! You are safe tonight and at your home." She whispered and moved away, decreasing the flame of the lamp and closing the door.

*****

Muntaha had settled himself near a tree, resting his back on it, remembering Azlain and his conversation.

"He wants Dijar to inherit the throne. Dijar is Alvina and his son. We believe that he wants to eradicate the crown prince and any other claimant to the throne so only Dijar remains."

"Hmm." Muntaha responded as he thought over Azlain's words.

"Hudhud thinks that you should alert Ismayeel and our forces here so that they are not blindsided." Azlain reported.

"I will. Tell Hudhud I am grateful for the risk he had to take to acquire this information." He told Azlain, who nodded his head.

"Hudhud have already chosen the Reehans who are going to keep a watch here. They will arrive before you leave." Azlain informed him. He nodded and then soon they greeted each other before Azlain left for the Valley. Muntaha sighed and stayed that way for sometime, savoring the news of Sidra being fine for now. His heart thumped in his chest in shukr. He thought about Murtaza and if he had departed with their family from Anazirah and he thought about Zarabeel where his men had a mission to complete. He hoped and prayed that everything went smoothly.

After a while he pushed away from the tree and made way towards the caves of Thanus. He had important instructions to give to his men.

•••••

Taif had just gotten up for Fajr when he saw Muntaha walk in. He welcomed Muntaha and lead him to a relatively empty place in the cave.

"Is everything alright AthThaair? Why do I see lines of worry on your forehead?" He asked Muntaha.

"Taif, I have received information that there is a spy in the Anaziran family. They say it's Dijar, who the sorcerers want to enthrone here but I don't think that." Muntaha told him. "I think it might be anybody."

"Anybody?"

"Especially any of his sons except Yurish. They wanted to kill him. So it's safe to say that Yurish isn't the one they want. So it could be any of the others including Dijar, but Dijar didn't look that way to me. Just because he is Alvina's son doesn't make him Sharr's. So we need to keep an eye out on all of them." Muntaha told him the details.

"I will get my men to do that." Taif agreed readily.

"You have seen and felt the whole city out. So you decide on whom we should keep a watch and how many of them will remain here and ready the rest for the journey. We are leaving after a final meeting with the king." Muntaha ordered. "A recruitment of our allies are going to be joining us soon. They will help us here. And Ismayeel's men are already here. That fulfills the treaty for King Aavez. Make sure our men knows exactly what to do. To keep an eye out for the spy in the royal family, to keep the royal family safe and to make sure they do not backstab us. I don't want any loopholes Taif."

"Right."

Muntaha nodded at Taif and walked out of the cave. He had another pair of meetings after Fajr and then they could finally start preparing.

•••••

After Fajr, Muntaha called Ismayeel and Layla to meet him. Nazlee had arrived earlier and had given him the news of Sehrish being fine but needing space and time for now. He had requested her to stay near, when Ismayeel and his daughter arrived.

"Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu." He greeted them and they replied back. "I have called you here because I am leaving soon." He told them and let the news sink in for a moment. Ismayeel nodded because he had already guessed that Muntaha might leave soon. But Layla's heart thumped in slight pain and hurt. She controlled her heart though. She was already engaged to another man now and this wasn't how she could behave anymore. Her heart was an amanah. "I have final instructions."

"Go on Ya Muntaha. We are listening." Ismayeel said.

"I have learnt that there is a spy in the royal family. We do not exactly know who it is and for now we are keeping an eye out on everyone except Yurish and Aavez." Muntaha informed them. Layla watched him with wide eyes. When her father informed her about him wanting to meet her, she didn't think he would involve her in these matters. But this showed how much trust he was placing upon her. "I have instructed my men to keep an eye out, but I want you to do the same. Keep an eye out on things and make sure that you are safe. Make sure that you do not jeopardize yourself." He instructed strongly, especially to Layla. "A future queen needs to understand somethings. He maybe a king but he is still Allah's slave. Make sure he stays strong in his faith. Make sure that he do not stumble into things that are unwise for his position and especially his imaan. You need to be strong enough and wise, to steer the politics of Khaliber the way you want. And the way you want, should always adhere to righteousness. Yurish is a nice man and you will see that you will be very happy with him. Be safe."

"I will try my best to stand true by him." She told him. He nodded and turned towards Ismayeel.

"Train her and make her strong enough to defend anyone who dares to attack her. Make sure she knows how to tackle assailants and ruffians too. She needs to be prepared for anything. Teach her how to differentiate between true friendship and deception. She needs to understand how to wade into politics without appearing to do so. And I trust you to ready the future queen. This is a grave responsibility." He told Ismayeel who nodded at the young man so akin to his father and yet so much more, for Muhammad never was someone who could keep politics and friendships separated, which became his downfall when no one lifted a finger to stop Mansoor from annihilating his family.

Politics should be just that and friendships had no place in politics. Trust had no place when dealing with the other party. It was a board of chess, where every move was important and if trust entered the picture, then the very next move could be your last. Trusting your rival to be truthful or to be helpful was just wishful thinking. Muntaha wasn't like that. He was planting his people in the opposition, even before he came to rule. And not just any men or women, he was placing those whom he knew to be loyal to himself. Ismayeel, who had settled here with the intention to help Muntaha when he came of age was one such man, who Muntaha believed would stand by him till the end. And Layla, who could never think of betraying Muntaha after witnessing the honesty and chivalry he had displayed before, was another woman who he had relied on in the establishment of rightness and loyalty in the kingdom of Khaliber. Ismayeel smiled. The man before him had thought about the future too. Muntaha understood the reason of his smile. Yet he knew very well that any plans he made wouldn't hold a chance if his Rabb didn't agree. What He SWT wills shall come to pass.

They all spoke for many more minutes about what needed to be done and finally Ismayeel led his daughter away. Muntaha sighed in relief. After the last cordial meeting to assure the king of everything being settled, Muntaha could leave for Ghazdaan. His uncle was waiting for him there. And his family might arrive soon, if everything had gone well at Murtaza's end. Also very soon... he was going to meet his Sidratul Muntaha.

________________

No more twists for you guys. Relieved? Disappointed?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 141 35
The banging starts again but this time a lot louder. I can hear the girls screaming up stairs. I pick up my phone and dial 911. "Hello this is 911 wh...
132K 5.1K 27
Being a Muslim girl and in a conservative family with three protective brothers to care for you for your entire life....It makes you spoiled, protect...
286K 49.8K 87
*Could you ever love a broken person?* "I understand that you're broken," he said as he lifted her chin so she stared directly into his eyes. "But I...
2K 33 30
Spoiler Alert: You're going? ". Hidayah asked him. She didn't wanted him to go. Never she thought, she will ever wish for him to stay. Her childhood...