Avengers Family

By A_Unique_Username_

A series of oneshots featuring the Avengers acting as a family. Open for requests. More

Introduction
Chaos (Platonic Avengers - Peter Centric)
Touch Yourself Toys (Platonic centered on Steve, Tony, and Clint)
Blackout (Irondad)
Starving (Platonic Avengers - Peter Centric)
There's Something About Peter (Platonic Avenger - Peter Centric)
5 Times Peter Confused Everyone with Gen Z Culture + 1
Peter Parker is Not a Superhero and That's Okay. (Platonic Steve and Peter)
Not on My Watch (Natasha and Peter Centric)
Self-Care (Platonic Peter and Bucky)
Move-In
Baby Monitor (Platonic Peter)
Mighty Peter
Spidey Powers (Peter Centric)
Disappointing You (Irondad)
Costumes (Bucky Centric)
Working On It (Request)
Sam (The Dog)
Sniffles and Snuggleforts (Spidermom)
Stop Talking - (Platonic Avengers)
Christmas Spirit (Spidermom)
Christmas! (Platonic Avengers)
Guilt and Control (Peter Centric)
Support (Spidermom)
Disability not Definition
Sneezes
Security Footage
Zoom
5 Times the Avengers Discovered Peter Could Sing + 1 Time They Already Knew
Anorexia (Natasha Centric)
Just a Note
Vaccine
Skip
Blood
ZHS (Zoom Part 2)

Under Surveillance

2.5K 105 14
By A_Unique_Username_

Requested by Ailsa_Weasley:

"IS THERE A PART TWOO???" on Baby Monitor

"I still need to run a few more tests on the widow bite prototypes, but everything else should be right as rain." Tony gestured to the new team tech around his workshop. "Alright, Spangles grab your fancy new unitard from the rack and the stealth shield from the tabletop."

"Can I have this one?" Clint went to grab a black box from the workbench.

"No!" Don't touch anything that isn't assigned to you some of them are still - DUM-E. No. Nothing is on fire...yet. Put that thing away." Tony pushed Clint back to the doorframe. "Actually don't touch anything. I'll bring the stuff up and -"

"Warning. New Alert from Iron Spider."

"Read it to me. Is Peter alright?"

"There has been a security breach in the monitor protocol of the suit. It is currently being disabled."

"Peter. Again?" Tony sighed. "Override Code: OG Iron. JARVIS block it."

"They appear to be too deep in to stop the action completely. Peter is still...playing back security footage: Protocol Underoos Watch."

Tony put his hand on his forehead in defeat. "JARVIS?"

"I'm sorry sir. I cannot stop the playback now. Peter and Ned have been locked out as well. It will randomly cycle through clips until your code gets through. Estimated time: 30 minutes."

"Welp, let's grab some popcorn and watch this baby." Clint pulled up a chair and sat eagerly in front of the screen. "What? Aren't you guys curious about what he does on patrol?"

Natasha shrugged and sat down with Clint. Steve and Bucky looked at each other, and with a silent conversation, decided to join as well. Bruce seem conflicted "It's just when he's wearing the suit right?"

"Or if he leaves it lying around instead of in the case." Tony seemed unconcerned. "I swear. He leaves a million dollar suit lying around like it's one of his Walmart T-Shirts. I have a theory he might be doing it on purpose so that when I do actually have to find something, I'm going to have to watch hours of his bedroom wall."

The screen showed a view of the Avengers gym.

—————

"Ned, I swear!"

"Can we even be in here?"

"Well, Mr. Stark said you could spend the day here. I think he'd be fine with you seeing the gym."

"Okay then." Ned practically squealed as he took in all the Avenger's practice tools. "Come on, show me."

"Okay, okay." Peter's voice displaying how happy he was about the idea. "I'll stand over here." He walked to the opposite side of the gym and assumed a defensive stance. "Ready?"

"Yes!"

Peter held out his right hand and made a face. On the other side of the room, Thor's hammer twitched. "Come on. Come on Mew Mew."

"Mew Mew?"

"I can't pronounce the name. Jane's friend called it that." Suddenly, the hammer whizzed into the air and flew into Peter's waiting hand. He was pushed backward a bit by the impact, but once he recovered he held it triumphantly in the air."

"OH MY GOD. Peter that is the coolest thing. You're holding a literal God's hammer."

"I know." Peter sounded just as excited as his friend.

—————

Natasha and Tony grinned, proud that Peter was able to lift it. Steve was excited too. Clint and Bruce stared in shock at the screen with their mouths gaping open.

"Do you think he an wield lightening too? Or alter weather patterns?" Bruce's curiosity quickly took over and he began jotting down questions. "Do you have Thor's powers when you hold it?" He turned toward Steve, still furiously scribbling on his pa.

"Shh, the next one's up." Clint snatched the paper from Bruce and pointed at the symbol on the TV.

----------

Before the screen lit up, the sound of heavy breathing filled the room.

"Are you good?" Ned's voice sounded like it was coming through a communication device.

Then the screen revealed Peter, sitting on the top of Stark Tower. He felt his arms and legs quickly. "Yeah, I'm all here....That was close."

"...yeah." Ned sighed.

"But it was awesome!"

"It was so awesome!"

"Do you see anything else going on that I should help with?"

"Actually no, the police radio and emergency services lines have been surprisingly empty for the past few minutes."

"Woah, what am I going to do with this time?"

"We coul-"

"Think I can do a backflip off the Avengers Tower?"

"Yes!"

On screen, Peter glanced around at his surroundings and Tony felt his heart stop.

"Yeet!" Peter proceeded to kick off the building and do about fifteen continuous back flips before catching himself just before he could hit the ground. "Woah..."

Peter's expression was taken over by a face-splitting grin as he lifted one hand from the balcony railing he'd be clutching in triumph.

"So cool! Peter could you-"

—————

During this exchange, Tony had sat down. He drafted a stern text message to chastise Peter for doing unnecessarily dangerous things.

"That was so awesome. Think he'll do it again so I can see it in person?" Clint excitedly stood up from his seat.

"He will not." Steve answered. "Don't suggest doing something so reckless to him."

Bucky snorted at Steve, who did his best to look angry in return.

"I'm going to talk to him right now." Tony moved to finish his text, heart still beating slightly faster than normal.

Natasha put her hand over his phone. "Probably want to wait until the end of this. Send it all in one." She was grinning though, thoroughly amused by the spectacle.

----------

The screen lit up, yet again, to a view of the section of Tony's workshop unofficially dubbed 'Peter's Workbench'. There was soft humming as Peter reached for a squeeze bottle from the countertop. He glanced back down at a piece of paper chock full of calculations and observations.

He carefully measured out some of the liquid in a graduated cylinder and then poured it into a mixture in a flask marked "S#26". It fizzed and bubbles for a moment before calming down.

"Let's test you out!" Peter shook the vial a few times and poured it into his web-shooters. He snapped the metal contraption on his wrist and threw up an apple with the other. Presumably, he meant to stick the apple to the clean wall behind him, but his phone shook to life - vibrating and loudly playing "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley. The noise startled Peter and he ended up shooting the web at his other hand, which was now stuck to the side of the bench.

"Uh Oh." Peter glanced at his hand before quickly picking up the phone. "Hi, May."

There was some talking on May's end, but Peter just nodded and said "Okay" or "That's fine" ever so often. Just before he hung up, he gave a genuine smile. "I love you too!"

"Who changed my ringtone?" He looked inquisitively at the phone, and went to reach for it with his other hand. It was in that moment that he remembered his left hand was stuck. He frowned and pulled again, but the hand was not coming off.

"Damn..." He muttered under his breath, but there was also a bit of pride in his eyes looking at the product of his new web formula.

The sound of the door opening was audible in the background and Peter quickly covered his hand with a nearby grease stained towel.

"Hi, Kid."

"Oh, hello Mr. Stark!"

"Do you want to help me with the specs for the new gauntlet?"

Peter's eyes widened, and he shifted in his seat to move his hands in an excited gesture, but instantly remembered his predicament. "I'm sorry, but I have a lot to do right now, maybe some other time?"

Tony looked shocked and a little hurt. Peter had refused hanging out with him for such vague reasons before.

—————

Bucky and Clint were all but doubled over with how intensely they were laughing. Steve and Natasha were chuckling along with Bruce. Tony rolled his eyes.

"Why didn't he just tell me that he was stuck? I could've helped him."

"Yeah, why do any scientists attempt things on their own and refuse to ask for help, only for it to blow up in their faces. Natasha pointedly looked back at Tony and Bruce.

----------

The next clip was of a slightly slanted view of the tower living room.

Tony rolled his eyes. "See guys, this is what I'm talking about." He held his hands up to cup his mouth and loudly lectured toward the screen. "Put your suit away Peter."

----------

Peter was fast asleep on the couch, presumably after a round of video games of the controller near his hand was any indication. A tiny creak was heard, off and in the distance, but with Peter's hearing, he jerked awake.

He sat up and took in his surroundings. He seemed to hear something else, but didn't act nervous or frightened. Peter placed his controller back on the table and looked at the door right as Steve walked in - clad in only flannel pajama bottoms.

Steve's eyes were glossy and far away. He was almost shaking and a little bit sweaty.

"Mr. Rogers?" Peter spoke softly. "It's me, Peter."

"Ah, Peter. I'm sorry, did I wake you?" Steve had to stare at Peter for a few seconds before shaking his head and responding.

"No, I was just playing a few games." Peter gestured to the controller. "Would you like to join me, or watch some TV?" He shifted his legs to make room on the couch.

"Kids shouldn't be up so late." Steve said, but obediently sat on the couch anyway.

Peter laughed and put on some mindless TV for background noise. "Are you cold?" It wasn't freezing or anything in the tower, but Peter thought a blanket would help. Without needed a response, he grabbed one from a nearby bin and handed it to Steve.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Peter asked casually, not putting any pressure on Steve.

Steve opened his mouth to respond, but the loading symbol popped up, indicating the arrival of the next clip.

—————

The room was silent as the next screen loaded. Tony could remember at least two occasions that Peter was 'up' and able to distract him from Afghanistan nightmares. He'd even lightly teased the kid for staying up so late on a weeknight and for being a night owl. Tony may have blinked away some extra moisture from his eyes as he, once again, realized what a selfless, caring person Peter was.

Steve also leaned back in his chair and stared off into nothing. He looked appreciative though, and Tony was sure he was going to talk to Peter about not waking up on his behalf. He knew Peter would convince Steve it wasn't a problem, or find other ways to help though.

Bucky seemed affected as well. Tony could only imagine the terrors that kept him up at night. It seemed like Peter had helped a lot of them survive rough nights.

Natasha, Clint, and Bruce all had emotional expressions plastered on their faces, also contemplating Peter's actions, surely to try and subtly repay him.

They all snapped out of it when the next segment came on.

—————

"Was that too loud?" Peter spoke toward the lizard who was hiding behind a fern in his case. "Sorry buddy, but Doom has to be stopped. I don't know what he thought he was going to do with all those snakes though."

Peter continued walking through the insect and reptile. He side-eyed the tarantula display case as he passed it and then slowly walked backward until he was in front of it again.

"You're not insects or reptiles are you?" Peter crouched down to the spider's level. "Can you understand me? Is the glass too thick for you to hear? Can I just not hear you?"

He waited for a response. "It'd be so cool if I could talk to spiders. What would you guys even talk about? It'd be like Harry Potter except for not snakes. Have you heard of Harry Potter?...."

Peter began rambling about Harry Potter to the spider, occasionally asking questions like the spiders could answer. During one of the pauses, Peter looked expectantly at the spider.

He was not anticipating the spider to leap on the group. Peter let out a shrill yelp and fell to the ground, right on his butt. He quickly looked around, blush on his face and stood up.

"Bye guys!" He waved to them as he left.

————-

"This? Again?" Clint groaned in a entertained way at the screen. "Didn't he already try this?"

"I think he just admires Scott." Steve answered.

"That would be so badass though." Bucky added, everyone nodding slightly in agreement.

—————

The view as Peter swung around New York was fantastic. The city skyline dipped in and out of view as he swung low. It could almost make someone dizzy how fast he was going.

Then Peter pulled his phone out of his makeshift pocket. He looked down and started a text message, then looked up and typed without looking, only glancing down a few times. He switched hands every time he cast a web.

Overall, it looked dangerous and stupid. Even Clint squeaked as Peter narrowly avoided slamming into the side of a building.

When sirens were in earshot, he pocketed the phone and went down to assist the police in a chase after a bank heist.

—————

"That is it! I'm done. How could he-" Tony spoke, addressing no one in particular, completely exasperated. "He has an AI. She could easily read him texts."

"That's definitely not safe. If he wouldn't do it driving he shouldn't do it on the webs." Bruce stated, getting agreement from most of the crowd.

"I mean, it looks like he knows what he was doing, and there's no traf-" Bucky cut himself short at Tony's glaring face.

—————

"Kid, do you see a red wire to your right?" Tony's voice was accompanied by a bit of static as Peter listened to him through an ear pierce. The teen appeared to be army crawling through some sort of vent or shaft that was surrounded by exposed electronic equipment and wires.

Peter turned his head to look to his right, but there was only a mess of tangled black cords. "No, only black ones." He scrutinized the pile "And they're in a huge ball. Who organizes equipment like this?"

Tony sighed, "Apparently AIM can gather bright scientists from every field except electrical engineering."

"Makes you respect electrical engineers." Peter said, amused.

"True.... Do you think you passed them? About five feet back?"

"Maybe? I was looking ahead, but I'll check though." Peter seemed to assess the situation. Then he folded himself almost in half to turn around in the enclosed space.

"Nope, they're blue over here."

"Jeez kid that was fast."

"It's called being young."

"Careful, I'm going to leave you to fend for yourself in there."

Peter rolled his eyes with a grin on his face. "Oh no."

"Okay, try going up and to the left. There should be a turn up coming up."

"Yes sir." Peter folded himself into an impossible position and then crawled back to where he came from. Once he approached the left turn, he realized it was extremely sharp and cluttered with junk. He had to lift himself over a large bump and basically dislocate his shoulders to get through.

"I see it!"

"Great! Can you get out?"

"Easily."

—————

"Woah!" Clint chirped excitedly. "He navigated that air vent amazingly. Did you know he could do that? Is flexibility a spider power?"

Bruce also seemed intrigued by Peter's newly discovered ability.

Tony felt a little guilty seeing the teen crammed in that tiny space. He'd thought there was more room.

—————

"Hi, Mr. Stark" Peter answered the call from inside his suit.

"Hey Underoos, are you able to swing by for some suit readjustments?"

"Sure Mr. Stark! I just have to deal with something real quick." The sound of car tires squealing punctuated the end of his sentence.

"Is that-did you pick up the phone in the middle of something on patrol? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. It's just a small time convenience store robbery." Peter's voice sounded nonchalant. "I'll be back in like an hour."

Tony agreed and hung up.

Peter was very much not in the middle of a "small-time convenience store robbery". The video feed showed Spiderman tied to a chair with his hands bound behind him and several large mobster-type men surrounding him.

"So, guys..."

—————

Words weren't even exchanged, just looks.

Tony added another thing to his list of items to address with Peter. The others, realizing their hypocrisy, kept their mouths shut.

——

"Over the shoulder and around the waist..." Peter mumbled to himself as a swung a weapon around his body. His movements were clearly unfamiliar, but they weren't necessarily clumsy. He seemed to be training to use the short staff-like weapon in his hand.

For a few moments, he continued his training, alternating between watching his movements in the mirror and glancing down at his hands.

"Over the shoulder and - whoops" The staff slipped from his hand. The grace with which Peter had been swinging it must have masked the power he was swinging it with, because the staff went flying toward the studio's wall. It promptly crashed through the wall, taking enough drywall to leave a hole three times the size of Peter. When it crashed to the ground, it melted through the floor and clunked to the lower floor. A loud beeping was audible.

"Shit!" Peter rushed downstairs and disarmed the weapon. He immediately pulled his phone out of his pocket and found Natasha's number under his favorited contacts.

"I kinda have a situation with the - yeah the claw. Can you - yes. Thank you."

----------

"Damn it Natasha..."

"Hey, he's an Avenger, he deserves to know how to conduct himself in battles that aren't just swinging.

"Couldn't you have given him something else for training. Something that wasn't my newest piece of weapons technology that no one had field tested yet?"

—————

"Just because you're a hamster doesn't mean -" Peter paused from his lecture. "Did I just say hamster?"

He started giggling. "Sorry, I meant 'gangster'. How do you even get those two confused?" He tried to continue with whatever he was going to say but couldn't get words out between the laughs and deep breaths.

When a Petco truck with a hamster photo on the side drove by, he completely lost it. Peter sat down and chuckled on the floor.

The villain, who had been watching this scene, nowhere close to as amused as Peter, had managed to undo the binding and was slowly standing up to make a run for it. Without even opening his eyes, Peter fired a web, sticking the large man back in place immediately.

"Come on," Peter wiped a tear from his eye. "Where was I?"
----------

Everyone rolled their eyes. It was time to have a talk with Peter.

And if the panicked look as he opened the FaceTime from Tony, Peter knew exactly what happened, and he was not ready to see the footage.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 5.2K 26
Oneshots for Peter Parker and Tony Stark story! A relationship between a father and a son. ⚠️Very terrible English grammar⚠️
3.5K 179 51
Oneshots of your favorite MCU characters!
331K 6.3K 30
Scenarios between Peter and the Avengers. ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE, SORRY FOR GRAMMAR MISTAKES I only write 1 or 2 parts/story. Please don't...
81.6K 1.5K 17
One shoots for Peter Parker and the Avengers story. Find out more as you dive in the story! ⚠️very terrible English grammar⚠️