There's Something About Peter (Platonic Avenger - Peter Centric)

Peter wiped his sweaty palms on the front of his jeans. He was headed to find Tony so they could work on a prototype for a web fluid that stuck to oily surfaces. After he, much to Tony's chagrin, caught a ride to a flaming oil tanker and helped the remaining workers escape without much protection, he realized that the webs did stay for a bit, but it was easy for them to slip suddenly. In the elevator, FRIDAY had informed Peter that Tony and Clint were conversing in the communal kitchen area and offered to stop the elevator at the correct floor.

The only Avengers who had met him as Peter Parker were Bruce and Tony, Consequently, they were the only two who knew he was Spiderman. Tony, of course, had been keeping tabs on his heroic activities for a while and had recruited him in the fight against Captain America. Bruce met him when he hurt himself testing some new equipment and wandered in the medical facilities without the mask on. Before the scientist could get a word out, Peter completely geeked out, "Oh my god! You're Bruce Banner. The Bruce Banner. The super smart physicist and biochemist. I read all about your experiments in the science journal at..." He slowed his words to a stop, "Oh man, sorry. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I ramble when I'm nervous. Shit, I mean shoot, I'm still in the suit. This is just cosplay?"

Bruce laughed, completely flattered that the kid knew of his work and wasn't just excited to see the green rage monster. He grew to adore Peter and often helped him with his web fluid when he could.

Everyone else was uncharted territory. Although Iron Man would always be his favorite, the other Avengers were high on his list of idolized persons, and he was bursting with excitement to meet them.

When the metal doors slid open, Tony, Clint, Natasha, Steve, Bucky, and Sam were all in the kitchen. Tony was conversing with Clint while the others talked among themselves. The room was a bit tense, but Tony had been holding virtual meetings between himself and Steve for months when they finally came to a peaceful resolution. Bucky still flinched a bit when Tony used expressive hand gestures and Wanda refused to see him, but Tony had found it in himself to help and forgive the Rogue Avengers. He knew he wanted his friend back, and if he had to forgive Bucky and use his influence to persuade politicians to ditch the Accord, he would. Steve and Bucky had apologized incessantly and explained the shady government business they discovered which eased Tony's mind. They all seemed happy to be back together.

Peter squeaked when he saw the group. A flush ran up his cheeks and he quickly covered his mouth with his hand. The enhanced soliders and the spies noticed him immediately and glared in his direction. "Who is this?" "Security Breach", and "Trespassing is rude" all jumbled in the air with each other as they jumped to take a fighting stance. "I will hire a personal masseuse for each and every one of you if it'll make you less tense. Jesus Christ, he's just a kid." Tony rubbed his fingers on the upper bridge of his nose before motioning between Peter and the superheroes, "Guys, this is my intern, Peter Parker. Peter, this is the bunch of idiots who claim to be Earth's Mightiest Heroes." "Hey, you're the one that gave us that title," Clint whined indignantly. Tony continued, "Peter has clearance to go wherever he wants in the tower so please don't try to kill him every time he walks into a room. He will also be staying in the tower for some time to assist with a project." They all nodded and, one by one, stretched out their hands to personally greet the 'intern'.

"I'm just going to grab a sandwich and then I'll meet you in the lab Mr. Stark," "Go ahead kid, I'll be up here for a while, but I drew up some preliminary formulas and a better shooter for you to critique while you wait." Peter smiled in response and practically skipped down to the lab. He had met his heroes!

On the way down, his enhanced hearing picked up a bit more of the conversation. "Since when do you hire middle schoolers to mess around in your lab Tony?" "I thought you preferred young interns who were a bit blonder and not men?" "Shut up Clint" "He's smarter than all of you combined." "Is that why his shirt has a joke about a photo who travels light on vacation?" "It says the photon is traveling light, which is, by definition, what they are."