Hyperdimension Neptunia: Thir...

By SomeDudeOnline

I wanted to write a slightly more serious take on the franchise. For this story, we follow the main character... More

Chapter 1
Character Profiles Volume 1
Chapter 2
Character Profiles Volume 2
Chapter 3
Character Profiles Volume 3
Chapter 4
Character Profiles Volume 4
Chapter 4.5
Afterword

Epilogue

42 2 0
By SomeDudeOnline

There was a certain castle. Forgotten by Gamindustri's heroes and goddesses long ago. After events of the defeat of the Deity of Sin. It sunk into the ground. Sealed to those not seeking anything of legend. With no ambitions for this realm.
Inside this dark castle, only lit up by green flames floating about wherever they want, only spirits of legends and deities may live.

Within this dark castle, shadows have entered.
"It's been a while...When was the last time we were even in contact with one another?", the first voice heard within this castle had spoken. It was the sound of a villain that took nothing seriously.
"four years. We had instructed each other to lay under any radar. To live preparing for the day the target needed to revive the God of Death had been found. After having only been known as myths, or having trained and gathered strength through training or fusion. The keys have been born, and we have knowledge of all of them.", a cold metallic voice replied to the lady with nothing but the objective truth.

"We've said we would only meet up again if the time came where we work together and attack as a team to kill one of the keys. Also, I should point out. One of us wasn't exactly under the radar until recently.", a relaxed voice filled the air of the room. He was speaking in a judgmental tone,
"Are you referring to me? Please. Like I am the only one to do that. I can't help it. It was boring waiting for all these chaotic events to end. I've already made my own dimension a hell. This one takes too long to turn into one.", she spoke like she only saw life as a game, one that she can mess around with.

"It is not a fair statement to make. You yourself have nearly revealed yourself through your experiments. Nearly all of us saw fit to test our capabilities against them. And as far as my data has collected. We have a forty percent chance of winning in a war against a goddess and her friends.", the cold voice told them.
"Why such a low number? I nearly defeated Green Heart by myself.", the relaxed voice asked.
"The number is higher than you think. None of the CPUs we have faced used their full strength. There is barely a creature alive that can take one on and live to tell the tale. It isn't necessary to kill them either. Only a bonus for our God of Death. We only need to distract them and kill the keys.", an explanation was provided.

"Man, you guys sure talk gibberish the moment you all sat down in this room.", a rough energetic voice caught the attention of everyone.
"Ho? Excuse us. But unlike you. We prefer to plan and take action rather than sit and wait until something comes to us.", the villainess voice responded with a sneer.

"Heh. I just want a worthy one-on-one fight. Why fight hundreds of weaklings in pursuit of one truly gifted fighter if said fighter will stand before me anyway? Relaxing your body is also a kind of training, you know? Much more worth your time.", was his response.
"Speaking of worth our time. So far, this conversation isn't. The old man up there has already told us that we just need to kill the keys. After that, the likability of the God of Death reviving is high. Isn't that, right? Secret member.", the relaxed voice spoke.

At that moment, a bunch of green flames rotated around the round room. it seemed they were inside a tower; the inside was filled with tall book cases. on the tallest case, a figure in a cloak could be seen as the green fire flew behind the old man. He smiled as he looked down upon the silhouettes barely visible in the dark.
"Oh? What's this? Am I a secret member now? I don't recall joining your cause.", he told them. He acted superficial, like he was inside a stupid dream and he knew it.

"Hehe. You say that. But we wouldn't be here if you didn't tell us the story about the God of Death.", the rough voice responded as if he were a long-time friend.
"There seems to be a miscommunication. I am simply an old traveler that likes to go around and tell secret dark stories of the past. I do sometimes like to see one try to make it happen. I find such things very interesting. Unfortunately, when I told that Candidate about the cursed sword a long time ago, nothing happened. I was certain it would, too.", the old man said, he tried to act like he was disappointment, but you could feel he was holding back laughter.

"We know you like talking a lot. But if you are not part of us, why are you even here?", the relaxed voice asked.
The old man's voice got blunter without a hint of irony as he replied, "I should be asking you that. This is my home. I live here. In fact, by interrupting my sleep. I am considering telling the goddesses your plans. Could you guys maybe just leave and find a different evil hideout?"
"Wait? you live here? But that can't be possible. Only spirits should be here. And even then, the spirits need to be strong enough to communicate.", the relaxed voice questioned him.

"Oh? It seems like you are figuring something out. Either way. I am on no one's side. I simply like to inform people of myths that I know can become truth. The moment I come across a goddess, I have no problem telling them a story, whether it is a method to defeat the God of Death, or about the myth itself. Right now, I am informing you four the most, because I know you will accelerate the process. The keys are born naturally of course.", the old man told them.

"Well, anyway. We need to stop wasting time and work together to kill the keys. There should be four of them by now.", the relaxed voice changed the subject.
"Now, that is not correct anymore. One of them has already been killed...", when the villainess was talking, a green flame moved towards her and lit her surroundings.

She was revealed to the others with a smug smirk on her face. Her skin was pure white, her eyes had the color of blood. She didn't really wear an outfit, just random pieces of black cloth around some of her body. There was some jewelry on her hands and legs. She had this weird mantle on her back, with magic, she could expand it so that she can be covered by it. On top of her silver-haired head, she wore an oversized witch hat. Some of the spikes from her hair went through the hat. Other than that, the underside of her hair was long and flowing.

"I can't believe that. They should be highly secured by their older sisters. How can one already be dead...And you want to tell me you did this, don't you? Like I can believe that.", the relaxed voice stopped argued against her.
A lot of strange noises came from the other corner. A green flame moved over there, revealing the owner of the cold voice.

It looked like a guy who leaned over a desk like an animal. There was half of a human-face that looked like a stone face of a statue, attached to the side of that half of a head was a flat robot head with a singular eye.
"She isn't lying. Not just one. But two of them are no longer a part of this realm. According to my data. Their life signals have faded.", the robot thing told them.
The smug witch giggled and said, "Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it in my head how she was when she died. I can just not envision the agony she must've felt when she was all alone against hundreds of monsters. With no one wanting to help her."

"You were critical of us, weren't you? But the old lady has already killed one of them. You were able to target two, and you came up with nothing?", the rough voice both mocked him, but also had a bit of anger in its town.
"And you killed the other one, I presume?", the relaxed voice asked.
"Now. I didn't really do anything. I thought to have finally found a worthy opponent. But instead, she just ran into an exploding factory.", he replied in a trivial voice.

"His point is correct, Red Ring. I have been chasing another key away so that we can make this plan work. To other two have killed their keys. What about you? You couldn't kill either of them, despite all the opportunities. Yet you criticize the rest? That is illogical. Not only that, according to my data on social studies, you behaved quite disgustingly. People would call you a lolicon, the lowest of low.", the robot told him.

"Hmph. That was only one of my seven forms of nightmares. It's a body made of dead animals, and thus, weaker. Also, my personality changes completely when in such body. I have no interest in little girls. That only seems to happen when I mixture something with tentacles in the bio fusion.", Red Ring answered him, at the same time, a green fire was floating about around him. Revealing shirtless man with a heavily wounded chest.

His face looked nasty and angry. His eyes had red rings in them. His hair was orange and spikey. His body looked like it was squished, he appeared to be quite short. He was sitting on the chair leaning backwards. Their was a big scar over his left eye. He wore army pants and steel black boots.

"I get you making excuses for being weaker. But who really cares what kind of evil you are? aren't we all evil sadists here?", the woman asked him.
"Don't make such assumptions. Only you want to revive him to see the world burn. At least two of us have a more noble cause.", Red Ring gave her an upset response.
"Mine is as simple as that I think the world would be more interesting. Think about it, if the God of Death kills the goddesses, people will have to fend for themselves. They might get stronger. I want to live in that dangerous world and fight any survivors. What is it with your, "Noble", goals? You better not be bullshitting.", as the rough voice said that. A green flame was floating just under him behind the book case he was on top off.

The light got obscured, only his silhouette could be seen and some minor details. His shoulders were huge. He seemed to have some metallic parts. He was laying down on his side leaning his head on his hand.

"As a human turned into a machine, I have witnessed the future in which AI gain the same emotions and will as humans. But that will be ignored, and they will be used and abused as humans did to their own kind. The God of Death will wipe the slate clean. Without a goddess in sight, I can build the nation of intelligent robots living in freedom. If we're the first civilization in this new world, humans will only think of us as another race with equal rights, as there was no history of them having made us.", the robot guy told them.

"Everything should end and begin anew; such is the rule of nature. These goddesses have defiled that by living and fighting that off for so long. This world is now filled with disgusting selfish people that only waste their time with entertainment. They don't improve, they don't grow. They don't even help others. As long as they are save in their homes and have fun, that is all that matters. With the nations ending, they have to build their own once again. Strive will return. Competition will strengthen them once again. And humans will once more, be the perfect life form.", was Red Ring's ideology.

"You all have such flowery ideals. And you think unleashing a Death God will grand you it? Please, I just want to see the world burn. Why do you bother with such a romantic reason?", the old lady replied, mocking them all.
"I should warn you, Black Void of Death. The percentage of us killing you after it is done is at a high ninety percent.", the robot guy told them.
"Oh, Blue Screen. Why do you think that matters to me? I want to see things burn. You can fire me up if you want, but that only means I'll be beautiful too.", Black Void bluffed.

"Enough squabbling.", Red Ring said with a tired voice as he stood up.
"Blue Screen. You know where the keys are, right?", Red Ring asked the robot guy.
"In Planeptune, all the goddesses are gathered. If we all attack Planeptune from any area. The Key will likely be poorly protected. At that moment, one of our weaker forms should be able to take her out. She is the youngest of the keys. Her battle strength isn't even at the level of a single CPU Candidate.", Blue Screen provided.

"You hear that old man. Things are going smoothly.", Red Ring said as he smugly gazed over the old man.
"Like I care. Leave my home already.", the old man replied.
"Well them. I shall move my core from this place. I shall await your arrivals, Rid Ring, Black Void.", is what Blue Screen informed them on before having seemingly shut down.
"Have fun. If you would be so kind to send a souvenir from your trip, that would be great.", the one with the rough voice jokingly spoke to them.

Red Ring turned around and asked him, "You're not coming?"
"Why should I? Unlike you, my Key already died. I only care for one-on one battles. You can't find that in war. I'll just stay here.", he replied.
"No. You get out of my home too.", the old man told him bluntly, but he was just ignored.
"You say that, but I bet you don't even know any of the Keys, not even their names. You need to commit yourself to the goal more, Yellow Light.", Red Ring told him

"And why should I know what a weakling's name is? Okay then. Fine. What is her name, if you care so much?", Yellow Light had asked mockingly.
"Never mind. You don't deserve to know. I hope you die by the hands of someone you have no idea off. Wondering how that could've ever happened.", Red Ring replied.
"I don't think you will get to see that. Considering our history, you have a bad track record of winning, after all.", Yellow Light told him off.
"Hmph. What a pain.", Red Ring said as he scoffed at him. He then continued to walk outside of the room with Black Void while she told him, "Does it really matter if he comes here or not? We want a good distraction, not a battle crazed lunatic that can't make soldiers."

It didn't take long for what looked like a dragon to take flight.
On top of that dragon, was Black Void holding on to him.
"We should arrive in Planeptune in an hour. I can't wait to see their nation burn and their people to look at me as I sit on top of them.", was said by a voice that come from the dragon.
"Well, well. Your personality really does change when in a different body. And quite impressive this is too. Why didn't you just use this dragon from the beginning?"

"This isn't like one of the Seven Nightmares. Those bodies weren't easy to make either. But this one comes from living creatures. Everything is still "Alive", in this body. I had to take control of many creatures to attain this form. Some of which were robot monsters. It took an entire year to gather all of them into one Bio core. And it takes a lot of effort to keep it alive. This is one of the three God Grade Biosfusions. Only used when deemed necessary.", Red Ring responded to her.

"Oh? It isn't like you fused a couple of dragons, is it? How very interesting. And I can see what you mean. Your skin is like steel. There are metal and robotic parts in and outside of your body. You are like a cyborg now. How amusing.", Black Void told him.

"This isn't my strongest body. This one is called the Ruler of Skies. It is only going to be used as a distraction. In the meantime, I will gather everything for my ultimate body. The one above gods. The perfect lifeform. Ruler of All. With that, I should be able to kill the key with ease.", Red Ring told her.
"Oh, you sure sound arrogant. Was them making fun of you that bothersome? To the point you need to make up some ultimate form stuff? Well, fine. How about I help?". Black Void said facetiously.

"Hmph. I don't want to hear that from a woman who only simply summons monsters. Though, you could be useful. I just need some time. The strength difference between the fake Bio core and my real Bio core is quite great. Even now, this dragon is not as powerful. It is given a fake core with my brain cells attached. Meaning that even if they kill the core, I won't die. The core that controls all, my full consciousness, is what is needed to make this lifeform. A risk worth the reward, I say. All I need is a cave and a lot of time. Through tentacles, I will snatch every monster I can find and fuse with it.", Red Ring gave her a thorough explanation.

The table has been set. As the Assailants of Death close in on Planeptune, will the partying goddesses be prepared for an unexpected war?

To Be Continued... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.1K 428 27
A crossover between FGO x hyperdimension/megadimension neptunia into this story, but with deadly enemies from Fate and neptunia (both anime serie and...
10.2K 285 50
What started out as a simple meet and greet with the CPUs would end up turning into a large scale adventure. One that no one could expect. HyperDimen...
2.8K 8 10
I am entering hyperdimension.But you know the unspoken rule of hyperdimension neptunia.There are no important male characters so yeah.This is gonna b...
1.6K 46 11
Neptune, the CPU of Planeptune is grieving after her sister went missing. But 3 years later after the incident, a new threat is coming to challenge t...