Phantom: Book 2 | An X-Men Ev...

By N3rdy_Bookworm

After having her powers upgraded by Magneto's genetic enhancer, and the disappearances of both Magneto and My... More

I'm Baaaaaaaaaack
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8

Chapter 7

370 11 0
By N3rdy_Bookworm

Leprii woke to the sound of yelling and fighting coming from downstairs. What are they fighting about now? She groaned, rolled out of her bed, got dressed, and went downstairs to find all four boys and Tabitha fighting over something.

Pietro was the first one to see Leprii come down the stairs and he sped over to her. "Leprii! Just the girl we were looking for."

"Yeah, we need help with a little...problem," Toad said as he jumped over.

"What do you want?" she asked cooly. Them needing her was rarely a good thing.

"Y'see, we just lost electric-"

"And y'know, with your abilities and all-"

"We were wondering if you would be able to... uh..." Lance mumbled the rest.

"I can't hear you," Leprii said, annoyed.

"We were, uh, wondering if you would-if you're willing to, that is-"

"Jesus!" Tabitha suddenly yelled. "They want you to use your fancy electric powers to turn the lights and TV on so they can watch a stupid football game." The room went silent as the boys started at Tabitha with their mouths open.

"You want me to waste my time and energy so you can watch TV?" Leprii said, raising her eyebrows. "Not gonna happen."

"C'mon, Leprii! We don't have any power!" Leprii rolled her eyes as she moved to the front door.

"My lights work perfectly fine!"

"Leprii, wait!"

"I'm leaving."

~~~

"Kitty Pryde, I am amazed," Mrs. Bennett stated. "Most people can't program such complicated game protocols without crashing their computer. You, on the other hand, have managed to crash three."

Leprii snickered along with the rest of the class and looked over to see three smoking computers in front of the mutant. Looking back at her own screen, she continued the 'coding exercise' the class was supposed to be doing. In reality, Leprii was using it as a good training exercise for her powers. And it was working wonderfully.

"Why don't you take a note or two from Miss Kolete over here? She seems to be the most proficient out of everyone." Leprii flashed a fake smile at Kitty.

"Sorry, I didn't get much sleep," Kitty said.

Leprii couldn't hear if Mrs. Bennett said anything back to Kitty because of the sudden commotion from the two kids next to her. A new girl, Risty, stood over another kid, Webber's, shoulder as he played some sort of game on the computer. Leprii was about to send a shock towards the computer, a new trick she was working on, but the teacher walked over and shut off the computer first.

"I think we've crashed enough computers for one day," she sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose. "Class dismissed."

Everyone stood up and began walking out of the door and Leprii gathered her things. She headed for the door but was stopped by Mrs. Bennett.

"Miss Kolete, would you please stay for a second? I would like to talk to you."

Leprii's teachers only say that when they want to talk about her tardiness or absences, and it usually ended in her getting detention. Not that she paid them any attention. But Leprii was always on time and present in her computer class, as it was the only one she enjoyed. It allowed her to practice her abilities without draining her energy too much.

"Am I in trouble?"

"What?" Mrs. Bennett exclaimed as if the idea was crazy. "No! Although I have been informed of your attendance history, you've never missed one of my classes, so I don't see it as a cause for concern."

Leprii nodded, still unsure of what the teacher wanted. "So what did you want to talk about then?"

"As you've most likely been able to notice, you are one of the most gifted students in this class," she said, "And I was wondering if you would be interested in joining one of the more advanced classes. You would only have to change a few of your classes around, and I can tell the office to switch your schedule as soon as possible. I just don't think you're being challenged enough in this class."

Leprii stared at her teacher, trying to see if this was a trick. But Mrs. Bennett's face showed her sincere intentions.

"Which class would it switch with?" Leprii asked, not that it really mattered, but she still wanted to know if it was one of the classes she really hated or one she was able to tolerate.

"It would take out your seventh-period class." Gym class. Perfect. She couldn't stand it.

"Sure, I'll do it."

"Great!" Mrs. Bennett beamed at Leprii. "However, I will ask one thing: I want you to start getting your grades up. I know it might be hard, but I think you can do it. What do you say?"

"Fine."

"Great!" Mrs. Bennett said again. Leprii went to go for the door again, but Mrs. Bennett called out: "Oh, Miss Kolete, let me write you a hall pass! I don't want you getting detention because of me!" Leprii stopped and waited as her teacher wrote on a pass and then gave the small sheet to her. "Tell your teacher to call my room if there are any problems."

~~~

Leprii walked into her history class in the middle of Mr. Hendrickson writing on the chalkboard and talking to the class. Without skipping a beat he said: "Miss Kolete this is your third tardy this week. That's detention."

"I have a pass," Leprii said with a smug grin as she waved the paper in front of his face.

"Let me see that." Mr. Hendrickson grabbed the paper from Leprii's hand and examined it. "I don't believe that this is real."

"Call her if you don't believe it."

Mr. Hendrickson squinted his eyes and walked over to the phone on his desk. He picked it up and dialed Mrs. Bennett's room number and kept his eyes on Leprii as she sat down.

"Hello, Mrs. Bennett. I have a student here who-oh. I see. So you really did write the pass? Then I'm sorry for wasting your time. Have a good day." he hung up the phone and went back to the blackboard. "Consider this your last warning Ms. Kolete."

The class resumed, and Leprii stared at the board as she started to space out. Mr. Hendrickson was going on about some spaceship. Something about the Moon. Why was she required to go to this class?

Then her mind wandered back to the conversation she had with Mrs. Bennett and how she wanted Leprii to get better grades. Begrudgingly, Leprii opened the notebook she had for this class and wrote down a few of the things on the board.

"Hey!" Leprii heard someone whisper. "Psst!" She turned her head and saw Caiohme smiling at her.

"What do you want?"

"I don't know if you heard, but there's a party going on-" Caiohme suddenly stopped as Mr. Hendrickson turned around from the chalkboard. His eyes narrowed at the pair, specifically at Leprii, and then he turned back around and continued writing.

Leprii was about to tell the girl that she wasn't interested in the party, but she hesitated. A weird feeling swept through her stomach and she didn't know what to say.

"Let me think about it."

"Really?"

"Is there something you'd like to share with the class ladies?" Leprii looked up and saw Mr. Hendrickson looking directly at the pair. Caoihme eyes widened, and she muttered something under her breath. "What was that, Miss Dean?"

"Nothing." The bell suddenly rang and the whole class made for the door.

"Wow, saved by the bell, huh?" Leprii looked next to her and saw Caoihme walking along with her.

"You could say that." Leprii opened her locker and threw her stuff inside it. She grabbed her things for English and continued walking with Caoihme still walking with her. "So what is this party?"

~~~

English class was as boring as ever. Leprii did keep her promise and tried to pay attention, but they were talking about some book they were supposed to read last night, which Leprii didn't.

The bell finally rang and leprii walked out and into the hallway. She made her way into the Cafeteria and sat down at the Brotherhood's usual table. No one else was there yet.

"Hey," Caoihme said, "can I sit with you for a few minutes? I don't know where the people at my normal table are and I don't want to sit by myself."

"Uh, sure?" Leprii said as the mutant sat down next to her. "Question: so what exactly are your powers? Cause the other day, I saw your eyes glowing, and then you know I was a mutant."

"That's pretty much it. I can sense other mutants nearby and, if I see their powers in action, I can mimic them!"

"So, if I were to do this," Leprii held up her hand and sparks danced across it. "You could do it too?"

Caoihme's eyes glowed bright green and she held up her hand as the familiar blue sparks danced across it. "Yep!"

"Cool." Leprii smiled.

"Who's this?" Lance asked as he and Pietro sat down at the table.

"This is-"

"Caiohme! What are you doing?" The green-eyed mutant jumped in her seat. Leprii turned around to see who cut her off. Kitty and the rest of the X-Freaks stood behind Caiohme's seat.

"What? I didn't know where you guys were! You guys always take so long!"

"You're with them?" Leprii asked.

"Yeah, but what does it matter?"

"Keeve', c'mon," Kitty said, grabbing Caoihme's arm. "You don't want to hang around this group."

"So I guess it's a no on the party then?"

* * * * * *

Hello! Long time no see!😅

Things are going to change, I swear. I'm updating Enigma(my Young Justice fanfic) and Phantom on opposite weeks, so next week will be Enigma and the week after will be Phantom.

I'm really excited for some of the upcoming chapters and how it's all going to tie into things from the first book and the show!

So what did you think of this chapter?

Aren't Caoihme's powers sooooo cool?

Did you like the reference I made to the first book when Leprii sat with Kitty and the X-Men by accident?

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! See you in a few weeks!

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

730 21 8
After having her power upgraded by Magneto's genetic enhancer and the disappearance of her mother and Magneto, Samantha is tasked with keeping the br...
2.9K 64 23
Snapshots through Kaitlyn and Peter's life as they adjust to their growing family, and learn to adapt to each obstacle that's thrown at them. Kids, s...
1.3K 35 11
Peter and Kitty are finally together, they had their first date, now all they have to do is survive the rest of their crazy lives, but that could be...
14.9K 524 12
X-Men's Quicksilver x female reader with the ability to manipulate/warp reality and travel between dimensions. You had always dreamed of being a pa...