The Devil's Disciple

By MaiHarashi

Young Princess Ildra Farvin lives a life of leisure as the only child of the present King and Queen of Illyri... More

Chapter 1: I've Already Made My Decision
Chapter 2: Young miss, you're so adorable!
Chapter 3: My lord, could you please be my Master?
Chapter 4: The First Time His Master Has Ever Rung The Bell
Chapter 5: I Accept You As My Disciple, Princess Ildra Farvin
Chapter 7: Those Who Decide To Betray Me Will Have No Place In This World
Chapter 8: Princess, I Have A Solution
Chapter 9: It Was Quite Strange
Chapter 10: He Must Have Had His Own Reasons
Chapter 11: Best And Most Honest Bodyguard
Chapter 12: I Heard The Bodyguard Has Arrived
Chapter 13: Curiosity Breeds Knowledge After All
Chapter 14: My lady, Do Not Hold Back
Chapter 15: I Hope You Won't Regret This
Chapter 16: A Maid Like Her
Chapter 17: First Step Was To Gain Owner's Trust

Chapter 6: So, You're Going To Send Me Away?

8 0 0
By MaiHarashi

Chapter 6

"Princess, rumours of you going missing have already reached here!" Wendy shouted, totally panicking.

Ildra calmly picked up her teacup and elegantly took a sip. Unlike her maid, she was not panicking about the situation. Did they even know what she, the princess, looked like? Yes, her father would send portraits of her out. However, her father would never imagine that his daughter would be in the Devil Continent. So, it was safe to say that none of the people here would recognize her. Furthermore, the Holy Palace never reveal anything about their donors.

What was surprising though was how fast the rumours spread to the Devil Continent. Could it be that the Devil Continent has more of a foot in the Human Continent than she thought?

"Princess, are you not worried? How will you live here now? As soon as they see a human about the same age as the said princess, they'll know it's you!"

"You're wrong, Wendy. I am currently the disciple of Duke Castiel. It is his duty to protect me. Also, this would probably be concluded as a kidnapping. If I'm found on this continent, the devils will face stress in trade relations. So, there's really nothing to be worried about,Wendy."

Ildra set her teacup back onto the table. She had already had it all figured out long ago. In terms of trade, the Human Continent has one resource that the Devil Continent doesn't have: Ambrosia. Ambrosia is an herb that only grows on the Human Continent. To humans, it's useless. However, to devils, the herb gives off spiritual energy on the same wavelength as them that will help them survive.

Illyria has an abundant supply of Illyria. Illyria is also the most friendly to the devils. To not have a friendly relationship with Illyria would be a loss to the entire race.

"Princess, you are very intelligent," Wendy complimented while staring at her with shining eyes.

Ildra immediately turned her head the other way, the tips of her ears turning red.

"Ah, princess why are you turning away? My...my, are you embarrassed?" Wendy teased, while leaning closer to her master.

"Have you had enough of making fun of me? You are really turning more and more courageous. However you're still a scaredy cat. Hmph. I wonder where you would end up without me by your side," Ildra scowled.

Back at the Royal Palace, Wendy was always nervous. She would be so nervous that she would drop important objects and serve the wrong food. She wasn't destined to be anything more than a scullery maid.

"Um, princess, I want to thank you for promoting me from scullery maid to personal maid," Wendy said, while looking meek.

Wendy could still remember that time clearly. She was enshrouded in nothing, but darkness. At a time like that, the Princess was the only source of light. Princess had given her the courage to freely reach that light. Princess had told her that it wasn't a matter of being deserving or undeserving. Every creature has the right to shape his or her life the way he or she wants to.

---

Annakin frowned at the paperwork in front of him. That princess' words kept on ringing in his head. I want to be your disciple because I would like you to make me fit enough to one day take over and rule my kingdom. If she really wanted to rule the methods of being a ruler, she should have gone to his uncle, the current king of the Devil Continent, not him.

Also, what kind of person who wants to learn how to be a good ruler would slack off on the actual work given to him or her!

He dropped the paperwork and picked up the plate of fruit left for him. He brutally plunged his fork through one of the strawberries and dropped it in his mouth. What kind of disciple was he? Here he was slaving away with the work of his dukedom while she was enjoying tea in her pavilion. Annakin had originally thought that with a disciple his workload could be lightened. However, who would have thought that she wouldn't do any of the work?

This could not go on any longer. She could not laze around any longer. He needed to force her to do the work. If she just kept on lazing around, she would end up plunging him and his estate into poverty.

Annakin set his face into his hands. He could have Constantine force her to do the work. No, that's not right. Constantine was currently dealing with all the female guests. He couldn't do that. Ah! As her master, shouldn't he be like her father figure?

Then, can't he just send her away to one of the fiefs in his territory? He can make her the acting lord of one of the fiefs. Giving her Lumos should do the trick. Lumos is one of his weaker fiefs. If he gave this fief to her, she would learn more about managing a territory.

"Master, you called for me?"

Annakin lifted his face to be met with Constantine's composed face. His expression looked the

same, yet the dark circles underneath his eyes were clear as day.

"Summon the princess here," he ordered.

Constantine nodded.

'Finally, Master has pulled me out of that hellhole,' he thought. Constantine immediately walked away in good spirits at the thought of taking a break from dealing with those females.

Annakin hesitated on whether or not to stop Constantine. He did look exhausted. Maybe he should show some mercy on him, just for a little bit.

"Wait, Constantine. Tomorrow, you'll have the day off. Thank you for your hard work."

"Master, did you lose a screw from your head?" Constantine nonchalantly asked, while turning around.

"Are you asking for a beating?"

"A beating?" Constantine gave an innocent look to Annakin. "Master, I'm so sorry. I didn't know my words would hurt you that much. Please forgive me. Master, I didn't know you would turn into such a tyrant."

This Constantine. He is clearly asking for a beating. Does he not want his break anymore? Okay. That's okay. It's time to take away his reward.

"It seems that you are mentally and physically okay. So, I guess you're ready to go back to your normal post tomorrow," Annakin threatened.

Before Constantine could even frantically shake his head, 4 caels were placed in his hand as compensation for doing work during break time tomorrow. He stared at the money, his mind blanking out on him.

Then, it finally hit him. His heart suddenly dropped down into the deep pit in his stomach. It was official. His body still stood up straight, but in the inside he was left with no energy. He bitterly cursed himself. Did he have to make fun of his master? He knew his master was a petty, taciturn person. So, why did he ask for the death wish? Tomorrow, he'll still have to deal with another group of bold women.

He moped all the way to the princess' room. Of course, none of the inhabitants in the room took notice of Constantine's dwindling mood. If he ever lost his composure in front of outsiders, he would never forgive himself. Teasing the master and receiving the backlash was okay. However, the loss of his image was what he considered a capital offense. If he couldn't keep his emotions under control in front of others, what use would he be to his master?

---

"So, you're going to send me away, so that my work ethic will become better?"

"That's right," Annakin nodded.

Ildra actually didn't feel any sense of injustice for being told she was going to be sent away. In fact, she agreed with Duke Castiel. Though she hated to admit it, her work ethic was not really good. For the past twelve years of her life she had lived an idle life in the Royal Palace. So, after getting only a few papers done, she would take prolonged breaks. She truly didn't want to be weak like this. Maybe, this field work would help her.

'I will become strong one day.' she thought with resolve.

---

Multiple hooves pounded against the ground. The carriage carried along with the horses at a leisurely pace. Inside the carriage was the most beautiful noble devil, Freya Roland. The current rumoured devil to be an angel had a forlorn expression on her face.

Through the window, she could make out the tattered mansion. She had once walked inside the halls of those mansion very often. Of course, the tattered mansion had not always been tattered. She had been there since the time of its elegance. She had been the one to suggest the idea of the tattered mansion. More and more women of all ranks of nobility were visiting everyday, attracted to Annakin's beauty. A tattered estate would be a major turnoff. Annakin had agreed instantly.

That's when she realized that her intentions behind this idea were impure. She had loved him so much that she had turned into a jealous maiden.

Dear Readers,

How did you like the last part? Now you know why Annakin's mansion is tattered on the outside. Though, I do wonder who exactly Freya is to Annakin.

Please read, vote, and comment!

Sincerely,

Ms. Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 81.9K 23
"When I look into your eyes, I know where you've been, I know what you saw that night in the forest. I know what you are now." Scholars rule the empi...
264 44 25
((COMPLETE)) Iliana possesses a Gift, not only the power to control water but also the ability to see a world unknown to humans. But after years of f...
4.1K 411 40
••• Oh yeah, I think I forgot to mention, some of us humans are "gifted" as we like to say, in short, we have powers, well most of us do, anyway, pow...
5K 289 39
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚...